August 27, Fantasy Eastern

The earlier the better. You can always cancel if needed, but lock in the price ahead of time.

Yes, we had one room on the Wonder/Magic and another favorite on the Dream/Fantasy. I wanted a room on either side of 12506 but this was a last minute booking (as far as these cabins go) and I really did not have much of a choice.

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to help bring some more fun to our amazing cruise by organizing the FE list. It will work like this:

We will have groups of 10 cabins, to make this manageable and economical. Once I have completed a group of 10, I will start another one. You are welcome to join more than one group if you wish.

I will continue this until 30 days before the cruise – July 27, 2016.

To join a group, you must send me a private message (PM) with your DISname, email, cabin number, and information about who is in your travelling party. (You must have 10 posts on the DIS to be able to PM me. If you don’t have 10 yet, it’s easy – just come on and chat a bit about what you hope to do on the cruise, ask a few questions, and you’re there in no time!) Please also let me know if anyone in your group has allergies, etc.

I will keep a running log of the groups on the DIS – this information will contain your DISname, stateroom number, and anonymous info on who is in your stateroom. It would look like this: 8058 – papertraveller – DH, DW, DD (16). I will put this same list on our stateroom door.

I will email the group list to each member (using bcc), so that all emails remain confidential.

Why do I need emails? In the past we have had some FE participants who joined in the early days, and then were never heard from again. This caused great consternation among the frequent posters, who feared that they had jumped ship and forgotten to tell the other members of the group. It’s good to have a means of direct communication should we need it.

And what about gifts? Delivery times? That’s up to you. We have participated in FE exchanges on each of our cruises, and it’s so much fun to see what’s waiting for us when we return to the room. We tend to make our deliveries on the first day (partially because I wish to clear everything out right away!). We have given one gift per stateroom, and at other times we have given an individual gift to each person. This is entirely up to you.

I tend to do my “DIS work” on the weekends, so if you send me a PM and I don’t answer right away, don’t worry! I’ll get there.

I will keep the FE lists in the next post.

Oh, and even if you decide that FE is not your cup of tea, we’ll organize a DIS meet on the first day for everyone interested in putting faces to DISnames and making new friends! Those details will also be at the top of the FE list.

Best wishes!
We want in too!

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to help bring some more fun to our amazing cruise by organizing the FE list. It will work like this:

We will have groups of 10 cabins, to make this manageable and economical. Once I have completed a group of 10, I will start another one. You are welcome to join more than one group if you wish.

I will continue this until 30 days before the cruise – July 27, 2016.

To join a group, you must send me a private message (PM) with your DISname, email, cabin number, and information about who is in your travelling party. (You must have 10 posts on the DIS to be able to PM me. If you don’t have 10 yet, it’s easy – just come on and chat a bit about what you hope to do on the cruise, ask a few questions, and you’re there in no time!) Please also let me know if anyone in your group has allergies, etc.

I will keep a running log of the groups on the DIS – this information will contain your DISname, stateroom number, and anonymous info on who is in your stateroom. It would look like this: 8058 – papertraveller – DH, DW, DD (16). I will put this same list on our stateroom door.

I will email the group list to each member (using bcc), so that all emails remain confidential.

Why do I need emails? In the past we have had some FE participants who joined in the early days, and then were never heard from again. This caused great consternation among the frequent posters, who feared that they had jumped ship and forgotten to tell the other members of the group. It’s good to have a means of direct communication should we need it.

And what about gifts? Delivery times? That’s up to you. We have participated in FE exchanges on each of our cruises, and it’s so much fun to see what’s waiting for us when we return to the room. We tend to make our deliveries on the first day (partially because I wish to clear everything out right away!). We have given one gift per stateroom, and at other times we have given an individual gift to each person. This is entirely up to you.

I tend to do my “DIS work” on the weekends, so if you send me a PM and I don’t answer right away, don’t worry! I’ll get there.

I will keep the FE lists in the next post.

Oh, and even if you decide that FE is not your cup of tea, we’ll organize a DIS meet on the first day for everyone interested in putting faces to DISnames and making new friends! Those details will also be at the top of the FE list.

Best wishes!

Greetings,
We are on our first Disney cruise and would like to participate in FE. I am not sure what all the letters mean so I will just tell you about the people in my group by name and age. Perhaps you not mind helping me with the letters.
In room 9050 are my husband, grandson age 14 and granddaughter age 14
Room 9048 myself, grandson age 12 and grandson age 16. We want to do all the fun things on our cruise. So glad to join this group. I also don't understand about the 10 posts in order to PM you. Perhaps you will not see this. My name is Maple Leaf since we are from Canada. Regards, Jennifer

I also don't understand about the 10 posts in order to PM you.
One of the features of the DISboards is private conversations. For the feature to be available to you, you must have posted at least 10 times (somewhere) on DISboards. Once you've reached your 10 posts, the option will be available to you shortly (30-60 minutes later). You can start a conversation with someone by clicking on their avatar and clicking "Start a conversation" in the next window.

Greetings,
We are on our first Disney cruise and would like to participate in FE. I am not sure what all the letters mean so I will just tell you about the people in my group by name and age. Perhaps you not mind helping me with the letters.
In room 9050 are my husband, grandson age 14 and granddaughter age 14
Room 9048 myself, grandson age 12 and grandson age 16. We want to do all the fun things on our cruise. So glad to join this group. I also don't understand about the 10 posts in order to PM you. Perhaps you will not see this. My name is Maple Leaf since we are from Canada. Regards, Jennifer

Welcome! We are happy to share and help with any questions you might have.

Please start a conversation by clicking on the "papertraveller" name in my avatar and send me your email address, as well as providing real names for all FE participants, if you wish. (Some participants make personalized gifts.)

We are also from Canada. I am sure this will be a most wonderful vacation experience for you and your family!

Best wishes,

Papertraveller

Wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I will be sailing with my Hubby, DD (9) and DS (6). This is our third DCL trip, first on the Fantasy. We are active on the FB page for the cruise. We are cruising with 3 other families. Looking forward to a week away! We are staying at the Boardwalk before and booking our resort for after this week.

Myself, DH and DD (13) will be on this sailing. Anybody else out there with a daughter around 13 that is sailing without anybody else her age? Would love to try and have them be pen pals so maybe they can hang out together on the cruise.

Wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I will be sailing with my Hubby, DD (9) and DS (6). This is our third DCL trip, first on the Fantasy. We are active on the FB page for the cruise. We are cruising with 3 other families. Looking forward to a week away! We are staying at the Boardwalk before and booking our resort for after this week.

What FB page?

We will be on this cruise! We booked this when dates were first released so it seems like August will never get here!

I'm traveling with my husband and two of our four kids, dd15 and dd13 (our sons are in their 20's and really don't want to go - crazy, right?!?). My girls would love to meet others to hang out with! I don't think we will be taking part in FE this time.

We just booked this cruise! It fits in perfect for us as it's just before the start of my daughter's school year. It's just my 12 YO daughter and me, and it's our second Disney cruise. We sailed on the Dream in 2012 and have been anxious to go on another ever since.

BTW - a couple thoughts to pass on to others about affording a cruise. Of course, we know it's different from most vacations as most of the money is paid out in advance, but the price tag still seems daunting. We saved up ovdr $2300 by buying Disney gift cards as they can be used toward a Disney cruise. DON'T DO THAT!!! It may be convenient, but you'll have to plug each one of the 16 digit numbers in to pay for the cruise! Instead, set up a Disney vacation account (old news to a lot of you), and then throughout the year, when asked what your family wants for birthdays, Christmas, Fathers/Mothers Days - tell people you want Disney gift cards. Then they're helping you save up!

Myself, DH and DD (13) will be on this sailing. Anybody else out there with a daughter around 13 that is sailing without anybody else her age? Would love to try and have them be pen pals so maybe they can hang out together on the cruise.

We will be on this cruise! We booked this when dates were first released so it seems like August will never get here!

I'm traveling with my husband and two of our four kids, dd15 and dd13 (our sons are in their 20's and really don't want to go - crazy, right?!?). My girls would love to meet others to hang out with! I don't think we will be taking part in FE this time.

Welcome All!
August can't come soon enough -- it's -24 Centigrade here today, with a windchill that stood at "feels like" -36 this morning. Brrrr! Thinking warm Caribbean thoughts!

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to help bring some more fun to our amazing cruise by organizing the FE list.

Best wishes!

Yay! Looking forward to our second Disney cruise, and another ship! We sailed on the Dream in 2012 and still have a large poster of the deck plans which we printed off to remind us of the upcoming cruise.

Hello, first time cruiser. We r fr Canada. 18 of us going. We r interested in the FE.

Anyone with recommendation regards to excursions ?? I'm.not sure which company to book it from or activities to do.

Welcome All!

Travelling with 18 people will be so much fun! We just did one with a family group of 14 -- it pretty near killed me on some days, but we had a great time.

Just a reminder on how to get your name(s) on the FE list:

Click on my "papertraveller" name in the photo icon, and start a conversation. Send me your stateroom number, as well as details of who is in your travelling party. I also need your email address -- this is so I have a direct way to inform you of any last-minute changes, seek confirmations etc. from you before we cruise. Sometimes FE group participants want to know if a certain gift is okay or not, and a quick email is the best way for me to relay the information to you. (This means that you do not have to be logged in to the DISboards or chatting regularly in order to get the updates.)

In order to start a conversation, you will need to have made 10 posts to the DISboards.

I will add you to the list once I receive ALL of the information from you.

I just made car rental arrangements for our grocery run at the beginning of our WDW part of the vacation, and soon it'll be time to book one or two dining reservations.

We are booked for this cruise...anyone doing the fish extenders? we want to participate!!

Welcome sund23. Just follow the instructions in my post above yours, and send me your info once you reach 10 posts and can start a conversation.

As part of the same ritual we went thru back in 2012 - I downloaded deck plans of the Fantasy, had them printed at 11x17, and had them laminated as placemats. We're going to save two of every day's Personal Navigator and laminate them for placemats when we return (it's just me - SingleDad - and My DD). This is a great way of making every meal from now till the cruise something to talk about, plan for, and get excited about.

Attachments

• Fantasy[1].jpg
    Fantasy[1].jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter