August 27, Fantasy Eastern

It's been awhile but we're back on the DCL! This will be our third cruise (first on the Fantasy).
Cruising will be myself, DH, DD, and Grammy!

Is anyone leading the FE or can DM with a link for sign-up?

Hello we will be on this cruise 5 of us from California! 1st time on Disney cruise. We are excited!!
I would like to get involved with the FE so any info would help. Thanks

Finally booked. Sooooo excited this will be our 12th Disney cruise but only our second 7day one. We are from NJ. We aren't telling the kids (DS 12 & DD 11 time of sailing) for a long time. Just my hubby and I and now all of you. I would also like to be involved in the FE too. Hello and can't wait to sail!!!!

We just joined this cruise. This will be the first cruise without the kids! It will be cruise 14 for us. We actually just bought property just a few miles from Port Canaveral for our retirement property. If we fly a drone above the trees, the ships are visible from our property!

Last edited:

Hello, we are on this cruise too and would like to join the fish extender group if possible. We are a family of five from the United Kingdom. It is our first cruise and were very excited. Hope I've posted this correctly?!

Maybe we are the only ones on this cruise??

Nope -- we'll be there to join you! :)

We booked late last year, but I was waiting to join here until we knew for sure that our friends were coming too.

Not a lot of buzz here, but if people are still interested, I can organize the FE group(s).

This will be our seventh Disney cruise, and I think I've done FE for three of them. Since this would be organized through the DIS, it would of course abide by all DISboards policies.

I'll wait to see if there's still the wish for a group. Certainly it seems that the cruise is filling up, as I have noticed the price has increased at least once since we booked!

I'm not big into the whole FE thing. It is definitely filling up, I have been watching categories selling out.

Hello! We will be in this cruise too! DH, DD14, DS11. Is there a FE list already? We would love to be a part of it! We just booked tickets to fly to MCO from Ohio for $200 pp!! I was so excited to find this deal. I also booked the Disney's All Star Movies for $100 for two nights. YAY!! I love those prices.

We booked late last year, but I was waiting to join here until we knew for sure that our friends were coming too.

Not a lot of buzz here, but if people are still interested, I can organize the FE group(s).

This will be our seventh Disney cruise, and I think I've done FE for three of them. Since this would be organized through the DIS, it would of course abide by all DISboards policies.

I'll wait to see if there's still the wish for a group. Certainly it seems that the cruise is filling up, as I have noticed the price has increased at least once since we booked!

I am down for the FE!!

We will be in this cruise. It is our first cruise, and are all super excited. We would love to be part of the FE, please point us in the right direction for that:).

I'll wait to see if there's still the wish for a group. Certainly it seems that the cruise is filling up, as I have noticed the price has increased at least once since we booked![/Q

Hello, I am definitely interested in the FE group. Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to help bring some more fun to our amazing cruise by organizing the FE list. It will work like this:

We will have groups of 10 cabins, to make this manageable and economical. Once I have completed a group of 10, I will start another one. You are welcome to join more than one group if you wish.

I will continue this until 30 days before the cruise – July 27, 2016.

To join a group, you must send me a private message (PM) with your DISname, email, cabin number, and information about who is in your travelling party. (You must have 10 posts on the DIS to be able to PM me. If you don’t have 10 yet, it’s easy – just come on and chat a bit about what you hope to do on the cruise, ask a few questions, and you’re there in no time!) Please also let me know if anyone in your group has allergies, etc.

I will keep a running log of the groups on the DIS – this information will contain your DISname, stateroom number, and anonymous info on who is in your stateroom. It would look like this: 8058 – papertraveller – DH, DW, DD (16). I will put this same list on our stateroom door.

I will email the group list to each member (using bcc), so that all emails remain confidential.

Why do I need emails? In the past we have had some FE participants who joined in the early days, and then were never heard from again. This caused great consternation among the frequent posters, who feared that they had jumped ship and forgotten to tell the other members of the group. It’s good to have a means of direct communication should we need it.

And what about gifts? Delivery times? That’s up to you. We have participated in FE exchanges on each of our cruises, and it’s so much fun to see what’s waiting for us when we return to the room. We tend to make our deliveries on the first day (partially because I wish to clear everything out right away!). We have given one gift per stateroom, and at other times we have given an individual gift to each person. This is entirely up to you.

I tend to do my “DIS work” on the weekends, so if you send me a PM and I don’t answer right away, don’t worry! I’ll get there.

I will keep the FE lists in the next post.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
DIS MEET
Saturday, August 27

FE LIST

Group One - Complete

8058 - papertraveller - DH, DW, DD (16)
7567 - sirena - DH, DW, DD (14), DS (11)
8042 - maximus86 - DH, DW, DD (14)
7092 - nichde - DH, DW, DS (10), DS (7), DS (5)
7600 - HOLLIDAY - DH, DW, DS (10), DD (7)
7626 - screnwriter - Dad, DD (12)
9050 - Maple Leaf - Grandpa, Grandson (16), Grandson (12)
9048 - Maple Leaf - Granni, Granddaughter (14), Grandson (14)
6142 - sund23 - DH, DW, DS (11), DD (9), DS (3)
10664 - lisare - DH, DW, DS (12), DD (11)

Last edited:
Borrowing from another thread: First Five Things We Do Onboard

1. Cry as they announce our names.
2. Get tasting tickets from Guest Services
3. Eat lunch in Carioca's (just slightly less crazy than Cabanas)
4. Drop off luggage at stateroom
5. Play shuffleboard

First Five Things We Do Onboard

1. Kids have swimsuits on so we head to the pool right away. Watch them and eat up there.
2. Go check out our stateroom as soon as it is ready
3. Set up the FE and distribute some FE gifts.
4. Have our first drink at the Sail Away Party while we wave to the people we leave behind.
5. Explore the ship and plan our activities with Navigator

Up to now we have booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites from the time it opened.

This year we are staying across the street at the new Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach. Lower cost too!

I got an Avis rental for about $45/day. We are staying at the Grand Floridian before the cruise.

What a fabulous deal on the car rental -- we're going to have to start scouting that out soon.

We will be at Bay Lake Tower before the cruise, and our friends will be at the Grand Floridian DVC Villas.

I see you have favourite staterooms! We have always been in 2560 on the Magic (four times!) but on the Fantasy/Dream we mix it up a bit!

What a fabulous deal on the car rental -- we're going to have to start scouting that out soon.

We will be at Bay Lake Tower before the cruise, and our friends will be at the Grand Floridian DVC Villas.

I see you have favourite staterooms! We have always been in 2560 on the Magic (four times!) but on the Fantasy/Dream we mix it up a bit!

The earlier the better. You can always cancel if needed, but lock in the price ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter