August 22, 2015 - Fantasy Western

Welcome aboard Trisha and family.
Not looked at any port excursions yet but we don't tend to do any on the shorter cruises, we did some on the 14 night Transatlantic but even then we could have easily gone without any.

Hi All
We are booked on this cruise and it will be our 4th cruise with Disney but the first on the Fantasy. Our family consists of myself, DH, DS 15, DD 13, DD10 and DD7. I am thinking of doing the FE but I have never participated in one before. Is the FE list still open now that the OP has changed their travel arrangments? Who is taking on the organising of the FE? Any advise with be much appreciated. For this cruise I want to do things which we have not done before like FE and jogging the Castaway 5Km.

Hi! The FE is alive and well! If you would like to join we have a group on FB, just search for our cruise. The FE is a lot of fun and I'm sure you would love it!

Hold the boat! We are coming aboard!

We just put our deposit down yesterday.

We will be: Me, DH, DS (16) and DD (13).

This will be our 4th Disney cruise (all previous sailings on the Magic). Still having some sticker shock, but I'm celebrating my 50th year, and my DH and I are celebrating our 25th year of wedded bliss, and we wanted to do something special. We gave the kids some other choices, but this is what they wanted to do.

Won't be joining the FE, but looking forward to meeting other cruisers.

All our previous cruises I've booked far in advance, so it is kind cool to say:

99 days until we cruise!!!:dogdance:

Hold the boat! We are coming aboard!

We just put our deposit down yesterday.

We will be: Me, DH, DS (16) and DD (13).

This will be our 4th Disney cruise (all previous sailings on the Magic). Still having some sticker shock, but I'm celebrating my 50th year, and my DH and I are celebrating our 25th year of wedded bliss, and we wanted to do something special. We gave the kids some other choices, but this is what they wanted to do.

Won't be joining the FE, but looking forward to meeting other cruisers.

All our previous cruises I've booked far in advance, so it is kind cool to say:

99 days until we cruise!!!:dogdance:
Welcome aboard. We celebrated our 25th last year on the WBTA. Its a great way to celebrate.:)

Hello,

I had signed up for the FE from the beginning but if you are not on Facebook did you get bumped out? I am not sure if I am still part of the FE. Any help. Thanks,

Nilda, if this is you, you're on the Minnie List. I can update your info if you'd like. The list is asking for favorite characters, colors and any comments (such as diabetic, no candy etc.) for each person.
"Stateroom 2552: Dennis, Nilda, Matthew, Katie."

Nilda, if this is you, you're on the Minnie List. I can update your info if you'd like. The list is asking for favorite characters, colors and any comments (such as diabetic, no candy etc.) for each person.
"Stateroom 2552: Dennis, Nilda, Matthew, Katie."
Hello,

Yes that is me. Can you send me a link to the list so I know who I have. Also how do I add the information about Favorite character, color and etc.., thanks.

Very excited that we're less than three months out from our sailing. Our group includes my DH, DD (14), my sister and her DD (11). This is our third Disney cruise, and second time on the Fantasy. I've just started reading this thread, and after a quick search, wondered if anyone had organized a private mixology class. Someone organized one directly with Disney in advance of our last Fantasy cruise, it was on a sea day and it was a lot of fun. I believe there was a minimum number of participants, but we were charged at the event rather than in advance.

Just found something on the FB page...

Last edited:
HI All!
we are a little late to the gate, but we are interested in getting in on the FE group. We are in stateroom 8578, Melissa and Maddie. How do we get started? thanks!

Hi everyone - We finally made the decision that we are going on this cruise. Yay!!!! Final payment has been made.

This is our second Disney cruise. The first was Eastern on the Fantasy. Our group is me, DH, DS (16) and DD(13).

We won't be joining FE because of baggage constraints, but I would still love to meet with other cruisers.

Looks like I have a lot of light reading to catch up on the entire thread.

Hello from warm Miami! This is our first Disney cruise but we are not strangers to cruising! So looking forward to celebrating our son turning 4 on this cruise! Doing a lot of research and everyone talks about FE ie fish extending.. How exactly does this work?

Hello all, August 22nd is the start of our Disney and first ever cruise! It'll be me, DH, and DD. Very excited but feeling overwhelmed with all I should know and plan! I do wonder about ground transport from MCO to the Port. Is most everyone on the Disney bus shuttle (I hear they take longer to depart, check in etc) or a van shuttle with set pickup times? I'm interested in sharing a private van shuttle with a flexible schedule, eg. Arrive at port for noon 22nd, and depart at 10 am 29th back to MCO.

Welcome aboard. Sorry I can't help with DCL transport, always used car rental before and after cruises. This will be our first cruise using their transport back to the airport.

Hi all -- this will be our second cruise on the Fantasy and I'm intrigued by the Fish Extender idea. Can we still join? Any idea of how many people? How much per person? I'm new to FE! Thanks much -- can't wait for August!!

Hello all, August 22nd is the start of our Disney and first ever cruise! It'll be me, DH, and DD. Very excited but feeling overwhelmed with all I should know and plan! I do wonder about ground transport from MCO to the Port. Is most everyone on the Disney bus shuttle (I hear they take longer to depart, check in etc) or a van shuttle with set pickup times? I'm interested in sharing a private van shuttle with a flexible schedule, eg. Arrive at port for noon 22nd, and depart at 10 am 29th back to MCO.

If you are arriving at the airport during peak hours (such as 11am to 1pm) the Disney transport works just fine in that each bus departs as they fill. Note that riding on the Disney transport can be part of the "Disney experience" .... specially marked buses with video during the ride, etc. Same applies on the return. As people get off the ship the buses depart as they fill. Again, this works great if your flight is during peak hours (such as noon to 2pm). If you have an evening flight home, you may want to rent a car and visit sites on the way to the airport. Car rental shuttles pick up and drop off right outside of the cruise terminal (such as Avis and Budget). If you decide to rent a car going or coming back, the rates are very reasonable for pickups/drop-offs between Cape Canaveral and MCO. Reserving in advance and it is about $75 each way, plus gas and tolls. Cheaper than the $105 the Disney transport costs for three people. Its all a matter of convenience based on your flight schedule. We have used both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter