August 22, 2015 - Fantasy Western

Haha!! Just read a thread on the main cruise forum about crazy table mates...

I have also narrowed down what port excursions I want for when it is time to book...fingers crossed I get all of them, hoping cause just me it will work in my favour LOL. What does everyone else have planned?

Who here also plans to dress up for dinners? I just got my dress for formal night last week :)
Could you post a link to the crazy table mates? had a quick look and can't see it.

Not started looking at port excursions yet, too busy with our trip next month, need to look soon though.

Doubt we will take any special clothes for dining, a few shirts and ties with be my limit, the cruise is part of a 25 night trip and we travel as light as possible..

Yes That is it. Thanks :)

Could you post a link to the crazy table mates? had a quick look and can't see it.

Not started looking at port excursions yet, too busy with our trip next month, need to look soon though.

Doubt we will take any special clothes for dining, a few shirts and ties with be my limit, the cruise is part of a 25 night trip and we travel as light as possible..

Nice a 25 night trip. Where else are you going? My trip all up is 29 nights but i don't travel light LOL

Yes That is it. Thanks :)

Nice a 25 night trip. Where else are you going? My trip all up is 29 nights but i don't travel light LOL
We leave Manchester and fly to Dublin Ireland for 1 day then Miami, Key West, Homestead(Everglades) Venice, Anna Marie Island, Orlando then finish with the cruise. We are aiming for 2 x 23kg(50lb) between 3 adults.

I have also narrowed down what port excursions I want for when it is time to book...fingers crossed I get all of them, hoping cause just me it will work in my favour LOL. What does everyone else have planned?

Who here also plans to dress up for dinners? I just got my dress for formal night last week :)

In 15 cruises we have met quite a few wonderful tablemates and only one time did we have someone who was "special" ;)

As far as port excursions go - I think we will mostly stick to private excursions, not a fan of Disney's herd adventures. Been there, done that. They were nice, don't get me wrong, but there were places where I would have loved to stay longer and some we did not care about at all, so I guess private it will be.

Not dressing up for dinner as well either. For us this is a 30 night vacation and with restrictions by airlines it is not easy to haul that amount of clothes (we are going back to back on the Fantasy) over the pond with us.
Guess polo shirts and dress trousers will have to do for both of us. I am not a dress girl anyway. :lmao:

In 15 cruises we have met quite a few wonderful tablemates and only one time did we have someone who was "special" ;)

As far as port excursions go - I think we will mostly stick to private excursions, not a fan of Disney's herd adventures. Been there, done that. They were nice, don't get me wrong, but there were places where I would have loved to stay longer and some we did not care about at all, so I guess private it will be.

Not dressing up for dinner as well either. For us this is a 30 night vacation and with restrictions by airlines it is not easy to haul that amount of clothes (we are going back to back on the Fantasy) over the pond with us.
Guess polo shirts and dress trousers will have to do for both of us. I am not a dress girl anyway. :lmao:

We leave Manchester and fly to Dublin Ireland for 1 day then Miami, Key West, Homestead(Everglades) Venice, Anna Marie Island, Orlando then finish with the cruise. We are aiming for 2 x 23kg(50lb) between 3 adults.

LOL, we are all doing long holidays :)

WAYNEG - That is hardly any luggage but I guess Summer so clothes wont be as bulky :)

DIZNEEAT - Nice back to back. So both Caribbean cruises, great you didn't have to choose between both itinerarys :)

LOL, we are all doing long holidays :)

WAYNEG - That is hardly any luggage but I guess Summer so clothes wont be as bulky :)

DIZNEEAT - Nice back to back. So both Caribbean cruises, great you didn't have to choose between both itinerarys :)

We are all doing long distance flights, and with the price of airfare you really need to stay longer. :thumbsup2

Excursions are planned here! We are doing Everybody Loves Rays in Cozumel (I did this last fall and loved it. Can't wait for the kiddos to swim with the Rays,) Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling in Grand Cayman, and Green Grotto Caves with Lunch in Jamaica.

As for clothes, we will all be doing the pirate night, and at least I (and probably my daughter) will do formal night. I'm not so sure the grandma and my son will want to dress up if they don't have to. But I'm planning on participating in as much as I can, I want this to be the best Disney cruise I've ever been on!

26 weeks until .........

DSC_0928_zpsffe8b357.jpg

When will the discussion me made to close the group and then divide the FE participants? Just curious.

Ok great. Thanks. With this weather here in the north east states in ready now!!!!

Our weather has been pretty "nice" for the last few weeks, but nevertheless I am done with winter! We cannot wait for our Magic cruise at the end of March. :beach:

Excursions are planned here! We are doing Everybody Loves Rays in Cozumel (I did this last fall and loved it. Can't wait for the kiddos to swim with the Rays,) Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling in Grand Cayman, and Green Grotto Caves with Lunch in Jamaica.

As for clothes, we will all be doing the pirate night, and at least I (and probably my daughter) will do formal night. I'm not so sure the grandma and my son will want to dress up if they don't have to. But I'm planning on participating in as much as I can, I want this to be the best Disney cruise I've ever been on!

I am looking at the same Grand Cayman excursion as you :). In Jamaica I want to do amazing race and in Conzumel the tequila tasting.
And yay!! dress up fun :)

It has been a few days of Chaos. We just recently learned our booked sailing on the Dream needed to be rescheduled. So We will now be sailing on the Fantasy with you guys. Myself (Larry), my DW (Shelly), and DD (Morgan) are interested in joining the FE exchange. Stateroom 8530.

This will be our 5th DCL sailing. The second on the Fantasy.

My daughter will be 2 weeks from her 11th birthday on the sail date. Does anyone know the chances of her being able to go into the Edge? We sailed on a couple DCL cruises last year and she had ZERO interest in the oceaneers club/lab.

I look forward to meeting everyone. We are from South Eastern WI.

Last edited:
It has been a few days of Chaos. We just recently learned our booked sailing on the Dream needed to be rescheduled. So We will now be sailing on the Fantasy with you guys. Myself (Larry), my DW (Shelly), and DD (Morgan) are interested in joining the FE exchange. Stateroom 8530.

This will be our 5th DCL sailing. The second on the Fantasy.

My daughter will be 2 weeks from her 11th birthday on the sail date. Does anyone know the chances of her being able to go into the Edge? We sailed on a couple DCL cruises last year and she had ZERO interest in the oceaneers club/lab.

I look forward to meeting everyone. We are from South Eastern WI.
:welcome: to our cruise meet thread!

Guess it is a good thing to reschedule. ;) More days on a Fantasy cruise than a Dream one. :thumbsup2

We sail without kids, but from what I have read, since your daughter is so close to her birthday she has a choice of where she wants to go. Someone with more experience please correct me if I'm wrong.

I will put you on the FE list right away too!

Gosh I can't believe we're already at 5 months and change...Wish WE could do that B2B LOL....maybe next year or for something really big like my DD graduating high school in 4 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter