August 22, 2015 - Fantasy Western

Hi! The FE is alive and well! If you would like to join we have a group on FB, just search for our cruise. The FE is a lot of fun and I'm sure you would love it!

Hi! Can you point me in the right direction? I thought I joined the FE back around September. I was on the original list, but I think that Karin who started it is no longer on this cruise. I would still like to do it, but have no idea who is in charge and this website is difficult too navigate. Im not sure if the FE is still going on or if I need to register again and Im not sure with who. Thanks! Natalie (Sean&Julesmom)

No need to create groups/documents outside of this thread, everyone! Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and Fish Extender (FE) discussions right here on The DIS as they have since FE began (also here on The DIS) many, many years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via a conversation message in your profile here.

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted, offered or discussed by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, here on the Cruise Line forum, etc.).

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

We just booked
It's
Evelyn (56)
Irene (35)
Matthew (19)

We would like to join the FE
So excited !!!!
No cabin # yet. We have a GTY
Stateroom I will post the number As soon as they give me a cabin

Last edited:
We just booked too! So so excited. 36 days. Who is organizing the FE? I have a try but hopefully will get a room soon. It's me and my dh and two of our six kiddos -- dd11 and dd 9 months.

:wave2:Well, Hello

We now have a cabin number, cruise documents and luggage tags, so we are all set! 30+ days are going to be gone before you know it, maybe I should start packing now :scratchin.

Anyway, thought I'd stop in and say "hey" and "welcome" to the latecomers (and anyone else checking in). Sorry I can't help with the fish extenders, I find that activity seriously cuts into my pool time and available luggage space.

Has anybody called yet to find out what movies will be playing while we are aboard?

Catch y'all later!

Very excited to countdown cruise #3 for us. Went in 2010,2011 and now looking ahead to Aug 22. Late celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary. Anyone traveling kid-less like us?

We also just learned about the fish extender program. Can we still join? We are Sonya, Vipul, and our kids Raina (F-10 yo); Shreya (F-7 yo); Daven (M-4 yo). Our state room is 8610.

Ok. So I have a feeling the big FE group is closed (I read a PP that said deadline of June 15). Please correct me if I am wrong. But our family still wants to participate, so I will organize a "late-comer" FE, and we will close this two weeks before sailing. Or if the group gets too big (greater than 15 staterooms, and that's just my opinion ).

Please reply and include the following :
-Stateroom number (if you don't have it you can post it later but it would be your responsibility to post it before the cruise)
-# of people who are participating and their age and gender. Names are optional.

I will keep a running tally from today on, and post it on 8/8/15. After that this FE is closed.

For those who are coming in late: There *was* a Fish Extender group, but the DIS'er who was organizing it had to cancel this trip. Nobody seems to have picked up the mantle since then. There is a fairly active group of people on this cruise over on a social networking site I will keep nameless, but links to that group have been deleted by the moderators (so you won't find them in this thread) and unfortunately, those FE groups have closed already.

All this to say, thank you, skella, for taking charge of those here on the DIS who still want to participate in a FE! :blush:

(I'm not even participating in an FE; I just see so many posts about it, so I thought I'd give my summary of the situation.)

Last edited:
Happy to do it! Anyone who wants to join please post the info on my last message right here on this board and I will give you all a final list. Please spread the word!

We just booked too! So so excited. 36 days. Who is organizing the FE? I have a try but hopefully will get a room soon. It's me and my dh and two of our six kiddos -- dd11 and dd 9 months.
Hi there, I am trying to organize a late comer FE group, so please post your details so I can add you to the list. See my other post.

We just booked
It's
Evelyn (56)
Irene (35)
Matthew (19)

We would like to join the FE
So excited !!!!
No cabin # yet. We have a GTY
Stateroom I will post the number As soon as they give me a cabin
Hi there I am organizing a late comer FE group, would you like to be added to our list?

Hey Gang, I'm new to the meet up group.... I have no idea how this work but I would love to participate in the Fish Extenders... could someone fill me in on how to make this happen?

thank you for your help! We have been booked and ready to go for months, this will be our 3rd DC.

Ok. So I have a feeling the big FE group is closed (I read a PP that said deadline of June 15). Please correct me if I am wrong. But our family still wants to participate, so I will organize a "late-comer" FE, and we will close this two weeks before sailing. Or if the group gets too big (greater than 15 staterooms, and that's just my opinion ).

Please reply and include the following :
-Stateroom number (if you don't have it you can post it later but it would be your responsibility to post it before the cruise)
-# of people who are participating and their age and gender. Names are optional.

I will keep a running tally from today on, and post it on 8/8/15. After that this FE is closed.

I would love to participate! Please let me know if my family made it in. Our Stateroom number is 8188. There are 4 of us, My husband Kyle, Me Holli and my twin 13 year old boyz, Teagan and Cole. Will you be able to fill me in on the details of the exchange? I've never done this before.... But I'm so excited!!!!!

Hi Holli,
I am adding you to my list. This is my first DC too! The rules are pretty loose--you can just google "Fish Extenders" and read all about it. Basically it's a matter of getting a gift (no specific cost limit or amt. is specified) and leaving it in the collection bag of the stateroom of the participants that sign up. People can get really elaborate but many just keep it simple. The point is to create excitement in the anticipation to return to your stateroom and find a little gift waiting for you. There is a much bigger group that had been arranged before I learned about it, but that group is closed. So far I only have your stateroom and my own confirmed, I am hoping that a few more families will find this discussion board and sign up for our group to make it even more fun! I will post a final list right here on this board on August 8 so you will have two weeks to prepare :) Spread the word!
Sonya--Cabin 8610

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter