• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Yes..if anyone knows if you need to be a member or where this code originates from...because I just saved $420.49:cool1: on a 2 week rental in August...also used a coupon from BJ's for a midsize to standard upgrade!! Was $822.32....now $401.83!! Hope it's legit...
Kerri

It is legit!!!! I always use it! I used it 4 times on 1 vacation. The last time I used it was Nov 2012. I have a car booked for July 2013 with it!

Woo hoo! :woohoo: Just got my rental down to $233.74 for a mid-sized SUV for 8 days with Alamo using the Vroom Vroom code (thanks to the PP for sharing!) and a $25 coupon from the Entertainment Book.

The rate includes all taxes, unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, and extended protection :thumbsup2.

I guess I can go ahead and cancel my National ressie.

No problem! Love helping others!!!! :grouphug:

Yay Gina!!
My grand total is $261.71 for 9 days:cool1: This is for a standard car (I used a coupon on Alamos site for one car class upgrade. I can live with this.:cool1:

I LOVE using Alamo and was disappointed to not be able to last trip. There is nothing better than just waltzing up to the self serve kiosk, picking your own car, and leaving. It's easy and so much faster than many of the other places:cool1:

I agree!!!!

Thank you, thank you , thank you 5boyz!! It's a great code and although I'd always like to get a little lower I can relax with this rate as it's pretty darn good!

pigletto......tried sending you another PM but I'm getting a message saying your storage is full.

I have a $15 off from the Entertainment Book that I can send you (and there's no maximum to the number of days to your rental like the other coupon code). I will drop the hard copy in the mail but I can PM you with the code too, once you clear out a few old messages from your inbox and free up some space.

Also try the Visa code if you are booking with visa....I got a car last may for 8 days with visa code and vroom for $102.

The Vroom Vroom code for Alamo includes the "CDW" and "Extended Protection, just like the KLM National code includes the "LDW."

For 8/3-8/12, I got $271.55 for a full size with National/KLM/$30coupon and $266.84 with Alamo/Vroom/$30coupon(I think).

Oh, and oh...poop....I can't modify or delete the Alamo reservation with the Vroom Vroom code. I know peopled used to have this issue with the National and the KLM code but that's no longer the case.

Oh really???? I have always done it!!! I modified all the time...maybe new this year???:confused3

Thank you, thank you , thank you 5boyz!! It's a great code and although I'd always like to get a little lower I can relax with this rate as it's pretty darn good!

You are so very welcome!

I see you are from Canada too...where aboots lol

The Vroom Vroom code for Alamo includes the "CDW" and "Extended Protection, just like the KLM National code includes the "LDW."

For 8/3-8/12, I got $271.55 for a full size with National/KLM/$30coupon and $266.84 with Alamo/Vroom/$30coupon(I think).

Oh, and oh...poop....I can't modify or delete the Alamo reservation with the Vroom Vroom code. I know peopled used to have this issue with the National and the KLM code but that's no longer the case.

Thank you for explaining the vroom vroom code brettb- :goodvibes But, since I don`t feel comfortable using the KLM code, (and I have the credentials to prove I can), Im certainly not going to use the vroom vroom, taking a chance that alamo pulls the code and we have to pay up the wazoooo when we get to the counter......About the KLM code- I have read on another thread that after dropping of your car at the end of your vacation, National charges for what your ressies say, and then there is a balance due for the LDW charges which some folks had to call and dispute....NO thank you !!:scared1:I will certainly post if Alamo drops their rates here, as I am waiting patiently as well :cloud9:

Also try the Visa code if you are booking with visa....I got a car last may for 8 days with visa code and vroom for $102.

I am using my MasterCard, as it doesn't charge me the 2.5% conversion fee on top of the exchange rate like my Visa does. I have an Entertainment Book, though, so I have a $25 coupon from there to apply and save myself a little $$$ :thumbsup2 .

I used the Vroom code and got an Economy car for 8 days for $208 total. More than what we spent last year for 7 days but a much better deal since this includes and extra day and collision coverage.

Thanks to all for the info!

J

Does the vroom code allow you to use the kiosk rather than going to the counter?

Last year I was able to score some awesome deals from Alamo using a code from BJ's and a random Visa CC code that I found on here :thumbsup2....

Now that my air is booked, it's time to start my rental car search - so far with most codes, the prices for 12 days is outrageous! Enter to "vroom" code, and the Visa CC code, and my price for a standard car from Alamo drops to almost half. I am psyched about that, HOWEVER, I don't know too much about this vroom code. Do I have to sign up on a certain website?, or present a certain coupon?, are there any "catches" to this great deal? We don't really need an additional driver since DH usually does all of the driving, but it is nice to have - it that an additional fee using the vroom code?

And let's say I make a ressie with the code - if I find a lower price, can I cancel the ressie that I made with the code online, and re-make another - or do I have to call Alamo?

TY for any insight....

Sorry

Last year I was able to score some awesome deals from Alamo using a code from BJ's and a random Visa CC code that I found on here :thumbsup2....

Now that my air is booked, it's time to start my rental car search - so far with most codes, the prices for 12 days is outrageous! Enter to "vroom" code, and the Visa CC code, and my price for a standard car from Alamo drops to almost half. I am psyched about that, HOWEVER, I don't know too much about this vroom code. Do I have to sign up on a certain website?, or present a certain coupon?, are there any "catches" to this great deal? We don't really need an additional driver since DH usually does all of the driving, but it is nice to have - it that an additional fee using the vroom code?

And let's say I make a ressie with the code - if I find a lower price, can I cancel the ressie that I made with the code online, and re-make another - or do I have to call Alamo?

TY for any insight....

Sorry

NO catches you dont have to join any clubs! I am Alamo Insiders so we get the extra driver for free. I have never had a problem changing I do it all the time online.

NO catches you dont have to join any clubs! I am Alamo Insiders so we get the extra driver for free. I have never had a problem changing I do it all the time online.

@5boyz ... I noticed that you reside in Canada ~ I live in the US. Would that make a difference using the code? And if I do use it, will I be able to use the Alamo kiosk at MCO prior to picking out a car in the airport garage? We did so last year and it was a breeze. TYSM

I have a question for those that have used this code. When I check for 10 days in January of 2014, I get a price of 334.00 for a standard SUV. There is another price for a standard SUV, but it is more and you do not need a credit card to reserve it. Has anyone come across this? Would you reserve the lower price SUV with a credit card? I also got a message about going to the counter when I arrive. I know I had asked earlier if you can just use the kiosk, Thanks for any input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter