august 2013 codes for rental cars?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I know it is a LONG way off but I am in the planning process. I would need to rent a car for a week before checking into disney property and returning it.I need to pick up the car at miami international airport and return it somewhere in disney. I am looking for the best deal. Is this too early to even start? Are any coupons out there yet? I would appreciate any advice-thank you so much

Yes, its way to early to start. :car:

I wouldn't even start to look until 5 months before the trip. Even then I'd book the best rate available then but keep checking for a better one. Case-in-point, my reservation for this coming weekend started at over $500 and is now down to $230.

Bumping
Hoping to drive from NYC round trip and need codes too for August 2013 this will be our first time driving any help is appreciatedf TIA! :goodvibes

Joining in for the hunt as we need rentals in August too - but in Hawaii not FL!! I had looked at prices a few weeks back on the Costco website and had found a full-size (or similar) for about $285 for 1 week but since I didn't have my actual DVC ressies yet I didn't book it....NOW it's up to $340 for a week. That's probably not HORRIBLE for HI but I'd still like to find it for a little less if I can because we want 7 days on Oahu and 3 on Maui so it's gonna add up on top of all of the other expenses there.

I have started looking for car rental for August 3 - August 12. No luck yet but will keep looking!
Lori

I'll be in for August 22 to September 2.

We are going to Disney at the end of February and funnily enough the rates are better for August right now than they are for our February trip by hundreds of dollars:crazy2:

I don't have flights yet but the second I do I'll book something I can live with and then start the "How low can it go?" game.:)

We have made our preliminary vehicle reservation for August 23rd to August 31st.

We signed up for the free-to-join KLM Flying Blue program (thanks to another thread on this board) and have a mid-size SUV secured with National. The KLM code includes a whole selection of the extra insurance coverages in the cost :thumbsup2 such as loss damage waiver, supplemental liability insurance, etc. With a $25 off coupon from the Entertainment Book, our total price with all taxes for the 8-day rental is $266.97.

We also signed up for Emerald Club membership, so we should be able to skip the counter in the terminal. If I have read correctly, we will be able to choose our own vehicle from those in our vehicle class which are available at the time of pick-up, and spousal drivers are no additional charge.

This rate is cheaper than our mid-sized SUV with Budget that we had for Christmas week (we used the public Travelocity code X474200 and a $25 public coupon). And that rental vehicle was awful enough to steer us away from Budget in the future......the vehicle had been smoked in at some point, and there was some sort of cleaner or disinfectant attempting to overpower the smell that caused our DS to have an allergic reaction every time he was inside it.

I am not too confident we will get a mid-size SUV or van any cheaper than what we have now (despite being a family of only 3, we like having a similar sized vehicle on vacation to what we drive at home). But we will keep an eye out from now until the end of August, just in case! :)

We have made our preliminary vehicle reservation for August 23rd to August 31st.

We signed up for the free-to-join KLM Flying Blue program (thanks to another thread on this board) and have a mid-size SUV secured with National. The KLM code includes a whole selection of the extra insurance coverages in the cost :thumbsup2 such as loss damage waiver, supplemental liability insurance, etc. With a $25 off coupon from the Entertainment Book, our total price with all taxes for the 8-day rental is $266.97.

We also signed up for Emerald Club membership, so we should be able to skip the counter in the terminal. If I have read correctly, we will be able to choose our own vehicle from those in our vehicle class which are available at the time of pick-up, and spousal drivers are no additional charge.

This rate is cheaper than our mid-sized SUV with Budget that we had for Christmas week (we used the public Travelocity code X474200 and a $25 public coupon). And that rental vehicle was awful enough to steer us away from Budget in the future......the vehicle had been smoked in at some point, and there was some sort of cleaner or disinfectant attempting to overpower the smell that caused our DS to have an allergic reaction every time he was inside it.

I am not too confident we will get a mid-size SUV or van any cheaper than what we have now (despite being a family of only 3, we like having a similar sized vehicle on vacation to what we drive at home). But we will keep an eye out from now until the end of August, just in case! :)

Hi Gina!!
Wow.. that is a good rate to grab this far out! For our 10 days last August we couldn't get a van that low, though we did get a car around 200 with Alamo.

Interesting story about the Budget car. That car we got from Alamo had a smell too, but only when the air came on and it smelled very specifically like mildew. You know when you leave a towel wet too long? Yep. I am positive it had been left with the windows open too many times in the rain or something like that.
In our case I smelled it before we got too far from the airport but I didn't want to go back to the airport to exchange it. I probably should have because it was pretty annoying for the rest of the week but we were never in the car more than 10 or 15 minutes so we managed.

Hi Gina!!
Wow.. that is a good rate to grab this far out! For our 10 days last August we couldn't get a van that low, though we did get a car around 200 with Alamo.

Interesting story about the Budget car. That car we got from Alamo had a smell too, but only when the air came on and it smelled very specifically like mildew. You know when you leave a towel wet too long? Yep. I am positive it had been left with the windows open too many times in the rain or something like that.
In our case I smelled it before we got too far from the airport but I didn't want to go back to the airport to exchange it. I probably should have because it was pretty annoying for the rest of the week but we were never in the car more than 10 or 15 minutes so we managed.

We were very pleased with that rate......particularly with all those extra insurance coverages as part of the price. If I were a betting woman, I would say we probably won't see anything better than what we have now for that size of vehicle. But hey, ya never know!!

We definitely learned our lesson on the rental car smell. In our case, we smelled it as soon as we got inside.....shoulda walked right back to the kiosk then and there. Being peaceful folks, though, we hate to cause trouble. We figured (hoped?) the odor was so strong because the windows had been rolled up tight, and thought it would improve once we were on the road with some fresh air breezing in. Sadly, it wasn't so. Of course, the fact that it was rather beat up on the exterior AND had 80,000 miles on it were two more red lights that we ignored :( . So we will shoulder the blame this time, and consider it a mistake not to be repeated!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Alamo. That has actually been our rental agency of choice so far. Two great rentals with Alamo, one stinker with Budget. We shall see how National measures up!

Oh I hear you Gina. Just a lesson learned on that one. I am always so excited to get our car and on our way that I didn't take the time to inspect properly. I can't fault Alamo for that. In fact we've used them quite a few times and always had such a great experience!! I had the choice to pick my car and was too lazy to turn back once we were all loaded and on our way. I'll turn the air on before we leave next time and as long as I am not hit with any obnoxious smells we'll be good:rotfl:

I think you'll love National. Being able to choose is a treat:thumbsup2

I know it's still a long way away but I'm starting to check rental prices for August 22- Sept. 3. I got a great deal with Alamo last year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the same this year. :worship:

I'm looking for Aug. 29-Sept. 2 and hoping for a really good deal with Alamo like I've had before.

Joining this thread... we need a car from Aug 19-30.
So far, the lowest I've seen is with National and it's still $409 for a full size using the KLM code. We aren't flying KLM though!

We need one too for August 21-31 and it's crazy expensive right now from MCO. We did however book at Dollar downtown Disney for $225.52 (all taxes and surcharges included) for a week. So for now we will do without a car for the first 3 days, take a bus to downtown Disney, pick up the car and then drop it off at MCO on the 31st. Of course if we can get a rental from MCO on the 21st for close to the same price we will take it but for now at least I know I have something. :)

We're going for two weeks in August and I found it was MUCH cheaper (like $500) to rent the car at one of the rental places on Disney's property, than renting it from the airport. We'll take DME to the resort and then rent the car from one of the Car Care Center and return it to the airport. The Car Care Center will come and pick you up. So we don't have to worry about how we'll get there.

Nancy

We're going for two weeks in August and I found it was MUCH cheaper (like $500) to rent the car at one of the rental places on Disney's property, than renting it from the airport. We'll take DME to the resort and then rent the car from one of the Car Care Center and return it to the airport. The Car Care Center will come and pick you up. So we don't have to worry about how we'll get there.

Nancy

Thanks for the tip. I just checked, and save $200 by booking a car at the Car Care Center instead of the airport.

Renee

Not too bad of a starting point. Length of rental 6 days 8 hours. I am a fast break member so I should be able to skip the counter.
Codes used BCD X474200 coupon MUPZ044

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter