august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Not much better if you ask me, since it's for Compass Group and I don't work for them...

I just used the Compass Group code and no questions were asked at the exit booth. No questions are asked about the KLM codes either, it is a frequent flier code.

Dont blame you...I would stick to what I was comfortable with too! Hope you get the price your looking for and have a great trip. So do you stay off site is that why you rent the car? We only use it for one day to do shopping and then if we go on a cruise we use it to drive there and drive back. We did stay off last year in May and that is when I got 8 days for $102. I have only ever had problems with Dollar and would never use them but I am sure other people have never had problems with them...sometimes I think it is just who you get at the counter! :rolleyes1

When we stay at WDW, we stay on site. This year I booked 4 nights at the cabins on the Wilderness Campground as my sister will be staying with us a few nights - so we needed room for 3 adults and 2 children. We always rent a car because we combine our theme park activities with a visit to family (sister and mom) who reside in Daytona and New Smyrna, and also rent a house or condo for some time at the beach. This year will be the same, with a longer stay. We arrive and depart from MCO, but our trip is kind of "split", as in MCO to NSB for 4 days, then to Orlando/WDW for 5 days, then back to NSB for 4 more days. With that in mind, I am unable to rent a car from the Daytona Airport or the car care center on the WDW site. We don't go to WDW every year - on off years we go to Universal, Seaworld, the springs, Tampa, Miami, etc. A car comes in handy so we don't have to borrow one from family :thumbsup2

Perhaps I will try the KLM code after I join that site. We used the kiosk last year and bypassed the counter, and did not pay a cent more than the $159.53 for a 9 day rental. We rented a "fullsize" car but drove off in a Cadillac for the same price. The codes I used last year was a BJ's code (supposedly 25% or so off) and an AA Valley offer code for $35 off. And I am an "Alamo Insider", so I booked with that also.

When we stay at WDW, we stay on site. This year I booked 4 nights at the cabins on the Wilderness Campground as my sister will be staying with us a few nights - so we needed room for 3 adults and 2 children. We always rent a car because we combine our theme park activities with a visit to family (sister and mom) who reside in Daytona and New Smyrna, and also rent a house or condo for some time at the beach. This year will be the same, with a longer stay. We arrive and depart from MCO, but our trip is kind of "split", as in MCO to NSB for 4 days, then to Orlando/WDW for 5 days, then back to NSB for 4 more days. With that in mind, I am unable to rent a car from the Daytona Airport or the car care center on the WDW site. We don't go to WDW every year - on off years we go to Universal, Seaworld, the springs, Tampa, Miami, etc. A car comes in handy so we don't have to borrow one from family :thumbsup2

Perhaps I will try the KLM code after I join that site. We used the kiosk last year and bypassed the counter, and did not pay a cent more than the $159.53 for a 9 day rental. We rented a "fullsize" car but drove off in a Cadillac for the same price. The codes I used last year was a BJ's code (supposedly 25% or so off) and an AA Valley offer code for $35 off. And I am an "Alamo Insider", so I booked with that also.

WOW...you need a vacation after all that!! :rotfl: Good Luck with your planning! :cheer2:

I just used the Compass Group code and no questions were asked at the exit booth. No questions are asked about the KLM codes either, it is a frequent flier code.

That's very comforting feedback. The difference between my Alamo/Vroom Vroom rate and the National/KLM Flying Blue rate was minimal.......$233 vs. $255.....so I am totally happy to stick with the National reservation. $22 is not a bad price to pay for peace of mind. And who knows? Maybe the rental Gods will smile on me and it will go even lower before the end of August. :)

That's very comforting feedback. The difference between my Alamo/Vroom Vroom rate and the National/KLM Flying Blue rate was minimal.......$233 vs. $255.....so I am totally happy to stick with the National reservation. $22 is not a bad price to pay for peace of mind. And who knows? Maybe the rental Gods will smile on me and it will go even lower before the end of August. :)

Oh, I will bet it will drop a bit more. End of August means things slow down, all the little kids are back in school in a lot of states here.

Oh, and I hate to break it to everyone...but the vroom code doesn't include the insurance. It's additional when you go to preregister and pay.

Insurance has never been included in any of my rentals ever. We are covered well by our credit card and our regular insurance policy. Most people are, but it does require calling and looking into what your coverage is.

Just subscribing. Booked from Tampa Alamo at the vroom vroom rate for 300, and I have a backup with Payless for 260. Id really like to do MUCH better than this. Just has a rental I returned yesterday at MCO for 150 for 9 days (alamo). Sigh. Ill keep on checking!

Just subscribing. Booked from Tampa Alamo at the vroom vroom rate for 300, and I have a backup with Payless for 260. Id really like to do MUCH better than this. Just has a rental I returned yesterday at MCO for 150 for 9 days (alamo). Sigh. Ill keep on checking!

Have you tried your dates and times with National using the KLM Flying Blue discount? Might be worth comparing against the two quotes you have now.

Also needing a car rental for first week of August, but for Disneyland. I have booked Alamo already, just in case it goes up, got an OK rate, I think around $350(we will be renting from San Diego airport taking back to LAX), but would love something cheaper!!!

Have you tried your dates and times with National using the KLM Flying Blue discount? Might be worth comparing against the two quotes you have now.

I did check earlier (and just rechecked now), but with the KLM code its running about 360 for my dates (8/15 to 8/24). There are no national coupons out currently that I can find that extend into August.

Im sure it will go down. Heck, this one I just got for 150 started out at 330!

If you can post the size car you have for the prices listed it would help others, also dates

Thank you for this info, gmeh1. My rate for a standard car from National drops from $998 using codes from BJ's :-)sad2:) to $388.23 :-)thumbsup2) using the KLM code and a $30 off coupon from BJ's. I will not by flying to FL on "Royal Dutch Airlines", but I will sign up on their website in case that matters. Is it possible to use a kiosk to check out the car with National at MCO? We did this last year at MCO and it was so easy. Does National work similar?

Thank you for this info, gmeh1. My rate for a standard car from National drops from $998 using codes from BJ's :-)sad2:) to $388.23 :-)thumbsup2) using the KLM code and a $30 off coupon from BJ's. I will not by flying to FL on "Royal Dutch Airlines", but I will sign up on their website in case that matters. Is it possible to use a kiosk to check out the car with National at MCO? We did this last year at MCO and it was so easy. Does National work similar?

If you are an Emerald Club member, you go straight to the garage and select your car. BTW, if you are not a member, join, it is free and then make a reservation via the Emerald Club log in for midsize and then you can select from the Emerald Aisle. you are guaranteed a mid size and often will get something larger and perhaps save some money also. You can also join and reserve a standard car (you would select from the full size cars as they don't have a standard row" and just go to the garage and select your car. Saves a ton of time.

To be totally honest, I do not remember if National has kiosks or not.

Looking to book a Minivan in Fort Lauderdale from Sept 23-Oct 7th. I have seen numerous people mention codes but I can't find them anywhere. So far the cheapest rate I have found is with advantage for $607 all in. Can't find any coupon codes to lower the price.

Looking to book a Minivan in Fort Lauderdale from Sept 23-Oct 7th. I have seen numerous people mention codes but I can't find them anywhere. So far the cheapest rate I have found is with advantage for $607 all in. Can't find any coupon codes to lower the price.

Try the contract code: xz53043- National Car. Reasonable prices for cars, mini vans are quite a bit more expensive. Join Emerald Club, it is free.

I am travelling to Orlando for two weeks August 14th to the 28th. So far, even with Alamo Insiders, the best deal for a full size is $900. I know that price will come down prior to my dates but any advice/hints would be helpful. I am only interested in reputable companies within the terminal (no shuttle). National sounds like a possibility.....I may have to check them out.

We ALWAYS use Priceline and do wait until about 30 days before our trip. They only use companies located in the terminal, and we are signed up with all of their "clubs", so you can ususally bypass the counter and go straight to the lot. We have never paid more than $12 per day for a standard-full size car. Decline all add-ons, as your insurance/credit card should cover any liability issues (check and be certain).

Try the contract code: xz53043- National Car. Reasonable prices for cars, mini vans are quite a bit more expensive. Join Emerald Club, it is free.

I just looked at National. In order to join Emerald Club they want my credit card information which I am not liking. Alamo Insiders doesn't require anything except some personal information. Since I typically book/cancel/rebook several times I don't like to provide credit card info. Also, the code above is a company code.....don't they check to see if you actually work at this company?

We ALWAYS use Priceline and do wait until about 30 days before our trip. They only use companies located in the terminal, and we are signed up with all of their "clubs", so you can ususally bypass the counter and go straight to the lot. We have never paid more than $12 per day for a standard-full size car. Decline all add-ons, as your insurance/credit card should cover any liability issues (check and be certain).

OMG!!! That is a phenomenal rate!!! I booked last year with Alamo about 30 days out and I think I got $265 for 2 weeks, all taxes in and that was just with Alamo Insiders. I may have to check out Priceline before I book this year though. I'll just wait till then and see what I come up with at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter