august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by andychris14, Aug 27, 2012.

1. 5boyz

5boyz DIS Veteran

Honestly that I dont know but I dont think it makes a difference? If you call and ask they will let you know at Alamo. Sorry! Yes it is so easy checking in online going to the row picking your car and going thru the booth...:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 5boyz

5boyz DIS Veteran

I have never reserved with a credit card??? Have never seen that before....:confused3

4. gmeh1

gmeh1 DIS Veteran

Sounds like the prepay option. The price is lower as they give you a prepay discount. There are two prices on the page, the one on the left is more expensive and you pay when you get there, the one on the right, which states it is the "prepay now", requires you to give them your credit card number. I believe you can use the kiosk. Worst case, you try and if it does not work , you go to the counter.

5. Gretchen

Gretchen Mouseketeer

Used the Vroom code for mid size SUV $231.29. Less than half what it was without. :cool1:
    I don't have to show anything, right??

6. Tanooki

Tanooki Mouseketeer

Found this on the January board while looking for more info on the Vroom Vroom code :

Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation with that code! Although it might work at the kiosk, I'm not willing to take that chance...

7. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Hmm. I saw so many posts of people who had no trouble with it:confused3
    And there's someone in this thread who has used it repeatedly with no issues. I wonder why some can use it and not others.
    I am concerned now as well.

8. brettb

brettb Mouseketeer

On FlyerTalk, I think they call it the DIS effect. :crowded:

9. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

I still have both my National reservation as well as Alamo w/the Vroom Vroom code. Methinks I may hang onto the National one after all ::yes:: .

I not only don't want to have issues at the time of pick up, I also don't want to be fretting from now until August about the potential for issues at pick up, KWIM?

10. brettb

brettb Mouseketeer

Is your National reservation with the KLM code? Considering that also includes the LDW like the Alamo Vroom Vroom code, my gut is telling me that it, too, is intended for non-North American customers.

I'm holding a KLM reservation myself but I have a backup with the xz53043 code. I am also going to keep watching for price drops with other codes that don't include LDW/CDW.

11. MrsDoubtfire

MrsDoubtfire Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting this :thumbsup2. I had a funny feeling that this code was too good to be true. Since I am not at all an International traveler, I will not take a chance with using this code and then be turned away once we go to pick up a rental car.

Back to the drawing board, so to speak. :goodvibes

12. Gretchen

Gretchen Mouseketeer

Where is the xz53043 code from?

13. Tanooki

Tanooki Mouseketeer

Not much better if you ask me, since it's for Compass Group and I don't work for them...

14. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Yep. Back to the drawing board. That's a shame. However, I still have hope. I was accepted with my first bid on Priceline in February about a week before we left. We got a full size from Budget for the trip and the whole experience was great. I believe it came to just over 200 for 9 days. I think I probably should have bid lower considering they took my first bid. Now, you don't get to choose the company with Priceline, but it will be one of the big ones that is IN the terminals not the ones near the airport so it works out ok.
    If you go this route, just bid what you are willing to pay and if it's rejected then you've got your National reservation.
    This isn't a good idea until the week of the trip though, so I'll keep looking in the meantime.

15. brettb

brettb Mouseketeer

Hmmm. I had seen that code in one of the other rental car threads on DIS boards. I had assumed that "Compass Group" was a travel agency and it was sort of a generic discount code. Unlike the KLM and Vroom Vroom codes, it does not include LDW/CDW, any other extra insurances, and taxes.

It does seem like that Compass Group code is intended for the food service company's employees. Darn!

16. Gretchen

Gretchen Mouseketeer

Oh, and I hate to break it to everyone...but the vroom code doesn't include the insurance. It's additional when you go to preregister and pay.

17. 5boyz

5boyz DIS Veteran

I have never paid anything different than the price quoted!

18. 5boyz

5boyz DIS Veteran

Well I am also from Canada and have used it for almost 3 yrs with NO PROBLEMS EVER!!!! :confused3

19. 5boyz

5boyz DIS Veteran

Well it has never been too good to be true for me!!!!

20. MrsDoubtfire

MrsDoubtfire Mouseketeer

Lucky you! I am not a gambler so I'll keep looking for a code that I am comfortable using.

I have done VERY WELL with car rental prices for 3 years, so hopefully I will be okay this year also. The main difference this year for us is the length of our stay = 13 days versus our usual 8 to 9 days. We have never paid over $200 (with all taxes and fees) for rentals in the past, with the norm at approx $150 or so - for mid-sized SUVS, mid-size cars, and last year a Cadillac. I hope to pay not much more than $200 for 13 days, but that might be asking for too much this year, lol.

21. 5boyz

5boyz DIS Veteran

Dont blame you...I would stick to what I was comfortable with too! Hope you get the price your looking for and have a great trip. So do you stay off site is that why you rent the car? We only use it for one day to do shopping and then if we go on a cruise we use it to drive there and drive back. We did stay off last year in May and that is when I got 8 days for $102. I have only ever had problems with Dollar and would never use them but I am sure other people have never had problems with them...sometimes I think it is just who you get at the counter! :rolleyes1