• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 12, 2006-DIS DREAMS DO COME TRUE-Magical Western Cruise

mgbagley said:
The last time we went to Disney we stayed at Port Orleans and loved it, however we decided to go cheaper because our 2 girls do not want to share the same bed, so we needed to get two rooms. We are staying at the new Pop Century. We are flying down on Wednesday.
Would love to meet for drinks one night. My daughter is nervous because she has not spoken any Italian for almost 3 years and doesn't want to be embarassed. I told her how friendly you all are!

Michelle

OK, that is a good reason for not posting in a few days OUCH both knees. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your DH.

I have a quick trip planed for March @ Pop, during peak season it's the only way I will go. WE enjoy the resort and my nieces and nephews love the pools and game room.

We can definitely meet to party and have a drink.

Tell your daughter she shouldn't worry Laura and Marco are wonderful, I would love to know just a little Italian. Both Marco and Laura speek English fluently

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS said:
How do you like my MACARENA bananas
character41.gif
character41.gif
character41.gif
character41.gif

How do you like my MACARENA bananas ?

Love, them.

Opps forgot to add yes ::yes:: Terry has already purchased me the new Bocelli CD :love:

mgbagley said:
We have the early dinner seating, but with 1 teen and 1 grown daughter, not sure what our rotation will be.

:wave: Michelle , just a thought: did you all choose the EARLY seating ?or just got it by DCL ?
I'm asking because ... :confused3 your DDs would have more chances to meet girls - same -age in the main seating , usually you find younger kids in the early seating.
Also we found we had to hurry to get cleaned/dressed for dinner :scratchin with the early seating - while we could fully enjoy excursions and days ashore while having a later dinner ...

Just a thought ...!!!!

CIAO, laura

Good Morning! It's so cold and windy here! I wish we were going right now! :teeth:

I know we have the early dinner seating. My kids (ages 12 and 9) would never last till the late one!

Michelle, I hope your husband has a speedy recovery.

We are driving down (17 hours in car!) on Wednesday and staying at the DOlphin before our trip. We love POR also...it's one of our favorite. We stayed one night a POP before, it's a good choice for just a quick trip or if you need two rooms.

Have a good day! :wave:

firstmickey said:
We are driving down (17 hours in car!) on Wednesday and staying at the DOlphin before our trip.

Have a good day! :wave:

YOU too have a good day !!! It's nearly 3 .00 PM here in Italy ... and our weather is freezing cold !!!

:eek: OMG !!!!! 17 hours in car !!!! Are you stopping somewhere for a break or some sleep ??

:wave: Ciao, Laura

Laura, on the way down we usually drive straight through. (the excitement to get there factor!) but on the way home we usually are so tired that we stop after about 12 hours. I keep trying to get Dan to let us do one more night at Disney after we get off the ship before we head home, but he told me I was pushing it! LOL! :teeth: (still working on it though!) ;)

Donna & Laura

Morning.... :wave:
Laura, I have been thinking that I would like the 8:00pm seating so we can get the APLAPLA rotation what do you think. I thought when I called to add the REAS Package and request our reservations be linked I could ask but only if you and Marco agree. If we get this rotation we would be at Lumier's on Formal Night and Parrot Cay on Pirate Night. Not sure which day the Charactor Breakfast would be. :confused3

Have you read about the Tropical Rain forest yet???

Beckie

WOW a NEW DIS Member :wave:

WELCOME to the DIS DGH

The Rain Forest Cafe is COOL. :cool1: But not what I'm talking about...The Tropical Rain Forest is a SPA treatment. GRUMP

Laura
Thanks for the tip about the late seating. I never thought of that way. We always eat early at home, but I do remember always rushing to get ready for dinner. I will send our agent a note about changing our seat time.
Beckie
You said that Monday, 8/14 was Key West. I thought Key West was Sunday 8/13 (my younger daughter's birthday!) and we were at sea on Monday, 8/14 for formal night. Can you check?
Michelle

mgbagley said:

Beckie
You said that Monday, 8/14 was Key West. I thought Key West was Sunday 8/13 (my younger daughter's birthday!) and we were at sea on Monday, 8/14 for formal night. Can you check?
Michelle

I went back and tried to find the post you were referring to so I could correct it but couldn't find it. :confused3
You are correct Sunday August 13, 2006 is Key West, Monday August 14th is a Day-at-Sea, and Formal Night...Sorry :earsboy:

Beckie

P.S. Just fond the ERROR and corrected it to read:
I want to do the Champagne Brunch again...what do you think of Sunday August 13th @ 10:00am before Key West. That way we will have eaten and maybe just pick-up a snack while on shore.

Ciao everyone !!!
OMG, my own (dear ) Disney GRUMPY Husband has a new "identity"
on the Dis !!!!

Well, I guess :confused3 it's better if I explain to Donna and Michelle that he is really a very nice and caring husband !!!! but, as Beckie's nephew would say , HE HAS THIS THING ABOUT GRUMPY !!!!!! :rotfl:
That is ... he loves to pretend to be ALWAYS AND FOREVER GRUMPY !!!!! and in the past years he has developed this "idea" ... purchasing every Grumpy stuff :rotfl: we saw in every Disney park or Store we happen to visit !!!!!:rotfl:
:rotfl2: When he says " Grump !! " I just smile and say "Yes, we KNOW you are grumpy !!" .............. but , among us , ;) he is not grumpy at all !!!! :lovestruc

Beckie, we just got home from a ALL DAY LONG visit to a very important huge TOURISM EXPO here in Milan ; we could collect the latest FLA USA and a CD about Key West ... plus many more hints for future vacations !!!!
Now all I need is to lay down, put my "poor" feet up and REST !!!!!
So I'm going to think about our MAGIC week on the MAGIC later on !!!
I'll let you know what I come up with !!!!

:love: Laura :love:

Laura

Have fun...enjoying all the information on Key West. My Grandparents were Conchs and lived in Key West for many years until a MAJOR Hurricane destroyed everything back in the 1930's. Terry and I love going to the Keys...Terry says the best transportant is to rent the :moped:

BACIONI :love2:
Beckie

ps: Terry and I watched the DVD DGH made for us this morning...I miss you :(

Last week a friend went on a cruise with another cruise line, they stopped @ Cozumel. When I asked what repairs had been made she showed me these photo's:

Following are photo's of the docking area, the boat is the tender that they used to transfer from the Ship:

Looks like it will take years to complete all the repairs:

f02105f9.jpg

f021061a.jpg

f02105db.jpg

Beckie

Not on your cruise, but just wanted to drop in and say "HELLO" to Beckie and Laura. Sounds like you all are having tons of fun planning your trip.

We have our April cruise on Carnival coming up. We were supposed to go to Coz, but it has been changed to Costa Maya.

One of these days I will get my 7days on the Disney Magic. DD, 10, says she will have her honeymoon on the Magic and I can come along.

Enjoy the rest of your planning and can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nina

Beckie, Marco and I have done our little "homework" : SOOOO MUCH FUN !!!
We thought we could post it here - so maybe it is of some help for Michelle and Donna :sunny: :thumbsup2 :banana: while planning their own MAGIC !!!

:rainbow: OUR MAGIC ... COMING SOOON !!!

Saturday 8/12
Departure from Port Canaveral 5PM
pixiedust: Sailaway Party 4.30PM
Animator's Palate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 8/13
Arrival to Key West 1.30AM
Brunch (?)
:idea: going to ...
Parrot Cay
Departure from Key West 9.30PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday 8/14

Day at Sea :sunny:
Characters Breakfast (?)
The Golden Mickeys
L umières (formal)princess: Palo (?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday 8/15
Arrival to Grand Cayman 7.30AM
:idea: going to ...
Twice Charmed
A
Departure from Grand Cayman 4.30PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday 8/16
Arrival to Cozumel 10.30AM
:idea: going to ... TULUM ?
10.gif

Pirate Night pirate:
P
Departure from Cozumel 10.00PM
Thursday 8/17
Day at Sea :sunny:
Brunch (?)
Dreams
L (Semiformal, :sail: Captain Gala Dinner)
Friday 8/18
Arrival to Castaway Cay 9.30AM :smooth:
Departure from Castaway Cay 4.30PM
A
Until we meet again :sad:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rotfl2: now I feel ready to start some planning ! :rotfl2:
What do you think?
Laura :wave:
Beckie ... PM sent

lzj21428 said:
Not on your cruise, but just wanted to drop in and say "HELLO" to Beckie and Laura.
We have our April cruise on Carnival coming up. We were supposed to go to Coz, but it has been changed to Costa Maya.

:hug: Ciao, Nina !!!! it's always SOOOOOOOOO NICE to hear from you !!! How is your family ? the house should be all done by now ?!!
SURELY your Carnival cruise will be a blast :cool1: (though it is ;) not Disney ! )

Stop here as often as you can, your hints and suggestions would be great ...even though you are not coming this cruise !!!
and TELL US about your Carnival experience!!!

Love from Laura :love:

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Terry and I watched the DVD DGH made for us this morning...I miss you :(

Which one ? :confused3 We too think of you both very often !!! :grouphug:

OMG ........ :headache: those pics of Cozumel did scare me !! That is WHERE we walked coming back to the ship after our shopping in their beautiful jewelry shops !!!

:scratchin It might be better if we don't visit Cozumel island ... :worried: but go ashore to Playa del Carmen by tender ... :cool2: heading to ... maybe Tulum ruins ???? :confused3

:banana: :banana: Laura

lzj21428 said:
"HELLO" to Beckie and Laura. Sounds like you all are having tons of fun planning your trip.''
One of these days I will get my 7days on the Disney Magic. DD, 10, says she will have her honeymoon on the Magic and I can come along.
Enjoy the rest of your planning and can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Nina :wave:

Hi, WOW you'll be cruising in April that's so soon, I wish our cruise was closer. I believe that the MAGIC will also be going to Costa Maya, if we don't go to Cozumel. :confused3

What excursions do you have planned for Costa Maya? I have been checking out CHACCHOBEN MAYAN RUINS there is a local touring company The Native Choice that others have used and enjoyed.

Please drop by and let us know how your planning is going, I would also love for you to tell us how Costa Maya was after your cruise, will your cruise also visit Grand Cayman?

Beckie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter