August 12, 2006-DIS DREAMS DO COME TRUE-Magical Western Cruise

Buon giorno Laura,

All Eyes are on Italy...Over this past week NBC's television show Today has been broadcasting from Italy, due to the Winter Olympics @ Torino. (I can't wait until the opening ceremony)

Wednesday they were at Milan and I have learned a few new words in Italian, Gucci, Prada, Versace, Valentino and Ferragamo, Dolce & Gabbana, Gigli, Ferré , Prada, Armani, and Fendi. I also learned that all of these designers have shops just a few minutes from each other in Milan. :worship:

Laura are you and Marco going to travel over to see any of the Olympic venues.
Beckie

firstmickey said:
I didnt realize when i booked that the ships weren't going to Couzemel right now due to the hurricane damage. Where are they going instead?
does anyone know when they are saying the ships will be able to return?

Donna
I believe most Western Cruises have been visiting Costa Maya, which is a little south of Couzemel.

A few cruise lines have already returned to Couzemel but they are having to tender the passengers :confused3 I think, I'm not 100% sure. I believe this is more for the Couzemel's economy then the enjoyment of the cruise passengers.

We still have six months so ya never know... :confused3

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Buon giorno Laura,
Wednesday they were at Milan and I have learned a few new words in Italian, Gucci, Prada, Versace, Valentino and Ferragamo, Dolce & Gabbana, Gigli, Ferré , Prada, Armani, and Fendi. I also learned that all of these designers have shops just a few minutes from each other in Milan. :worship:

WOW !!! I know what you mean - that is MONTENAPOLEONE STREET , the most expensive shops all over Italy are lined there !!!
WE :rotfl2: :rotfl: usual shoppers :rotfl: :rotfl2: just call it Montenapo !!! If you say the entire address that means you are not a regular !!!
If you come to Italy we can buy some "heart protector" for Terry FIRST and then go and shop ... :banana: until HE drops !!!!

Seriously speaking , Turin is only one hour drive from us - then you have to reach the mountains ... We may go next week - if my friend can arrange to leave at home her mother : too cold out there !!!

DID YOU LIKE the opening ceremony ?? I had ?goose bumps? when they lit the torch and when that big DOVE took shape !!!
We Italian also love very much GLI ALPINI - those "mountain soldiers" you saw with WHITE uniform, they are a very important part of our recent history !!!
To be honest we didn't like Pavarotti , he could have done much better ... that is a sort of national anthem to us and he did put no passion in it !!!

:fish: :sail: As far as I understand from DCL boards they expect the Magic to dock again at Cozumel in few weeks ; one of the co.moderators wrote she is going on May and PLAN TO VISIT COZUMEL !!!!!
:3dglasses Let's hope the sites are clean !!! maybe :confused3 we will be tendered ashore !!!

:lovestruc Laura

MICKEY'S DREAMERS said:
WE usual shoppers just call it Montenapo !!! If you say the entire address that means you are not a regular !!!
If you come to Italy We can buy some "heart protector" for Terry FIRST and then go and shop...until HE drops !!!!
Seriously speaking , Turin is only one hour drive from us - then you have to reach the mountains ... We may go next week - if my friend can arrange to leave at home her mother : too cold out there !!!
DID YOU LIKE the opening ceremony ?? I had ?goose bumps? when they lit the torch and when that big DOVE took shape !!!
We Italian also love very much GLI ALPINI - those "mountain soldiers" you saw with WHITE uniform, they are a very important part of our recent history !!!
To be honest we didn't like Pavarotti , he could have done much better ... that is a sort of national anthem to us and he did put no passion in it !!!

Laura
First question why are they calling it Winter Olympics @ Torino when from what I have read it's like you posted Turin?

You and Marco had better go with or without your friend, everytime they show the spectators (crowds) I have been looking for you and DGH. It's like I know you are close but still so far away. I can hope. :)

Please if you do attend will you pick me up a few pins I have a small collection of Olympic pins...Nothing real expensive just one or two. Thanks

WOW did I love the opening ceremonies the entire show was just beautiful, You must be so proud that they did such a wonderful job.

While I loved Pavarotti I think I understand how you feel some songs need to be sung a certain way. (like our National Anthem) Some artist try to change it around to add their personal take on it but just end up ruining the song.

There was another Italian singer that I'm in Love with... :love: I'm just not sure what his name was (I should know what his name is but have gone brain dead) but OMG did he have a beautiful voice. He might be from the Milan area as he also sang the day they broadcast from Montenapo. He may also be blind, and very good looking :rolleyes1 Can you tell me his name?

Yes the torch, GLI ALPINI and the White Dove were most memorable (goose bumps here too)

Just remember I'll be watching for ya'll so wave to me. :wave:

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
There was another Italian singer that I'm in Love with... :love: I'm just not sure what his name was....
Just remember I'll be watching for ya'll so wave to me. :wave:

I wrote TURIN because I was thinking in English; in Italy we say TORINO (like MILAN - MILANO ).
:rolleyes: My friend has tried to get some tickets , but has found that tickets for the most important Olympics events have been already sold out. The unique available tickets are :confused3 for some "exotic" sports (like curling or freestyle) that almost nobody knows in Italy. Don't think you will see me waving !!
We have never seen Olympics pins (pins are not so popular in Italy, medals or coins are usually the way to commemorate events here) ... but we will SURELY look around if we find any.

The singer is Andrea Boccelli, and he is blind indeed. His story is quite strange, because he became famous abroad, but at the beginning almost nobody in Italy knew him. After a while, of course, he became well known also in Italy. He is very talented and IMHO his voice can "cover" every kind of music. I like him very much more than Pavarotti - Boccelli loves to speak with his audience and is a very simple kind person ( Pavarotti is so selfish IMHO)

CIAOOOOO !!!! laura :wave:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS said:
We have never seen Olympics pins (pins are not so popular in Italy, medals or coins are usually the way to commemorate events here) ... but we will SURELY look around if we find any.
The singer is Andrea Boccelli, and he is blind indeed. His story is quite strange, because he became famous abroad, but at the beginning almost nobody in Italy knew him. After a while, of course, he became well known also in Italy. He is very talented and IMHO his voice can "cover" every kind of music. I like him very much more than Pavarotti - Boccelli loves to speak with his audience and is a very simple kind person ( Pavarotti is so selfish IMHO)
Laura
The Olympic pins have been popular here for many years...I believe the Olympic Pins and the collectors are the reason Disney started making and selling them.

Andrea Boccelli ::yes:: that's him OMG I love to listen to him sing...He just seems to be so kind and sweet, during the Today Show he was so gracious.

Oh and he isn't vain like Pavarotti. We all are getting a little older, but Pavarotti's bad dye-job on his hair looked awful...I preferrer the grey.

I hope you two just visit TORINO even without going to any events, the Olympic Spirit is so wonderful (like being at WDW) I have attended two here in the states I loved everything.

I have been watching the Games and reading trip reports over on the DCL thread trying to get a feel for cruising on the Magic 1st day the Port...2nd day Key West...Must see Twice Charmed :banana: 3rd Day...Day at Sea...Brunch at Palo, must see Golden Mickey...Formal Night. 4th day...Grand Cayman. I'm still trying to learn everything.

CIAO Beckie
:wave:

Ciao !!! It looks like the Magic will make its usual stop at Cozumel , :sunny: so here are myself
Scansione0011.jpg

and my dear DGH
Scansione0012.jpg

kissing our friendly mom-delphin during the DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER in Cozumel !!!

:cloud9: Laura

AWWW, Donna , I see you will be staying at the Dolphin !!!
Is it your first visit ??? or are you a "regular" in that resort ???

What are your MUST SEE / DO at Disney parks ???

:love: Laura

MAGICinMYHEART said:
...1st day the Port...2nd day Key West...Must see Twice Charmed :banana: 3rd Day...Day at Sea...Brunch at Palo, must see Golden Mickey...Formal Night. 4th day...Grand Cayman. I'm still trying to learn everything.
CIAO Beckie

:wave2: Beckie, I'm going to ask Marco to print some NAVIGATORS from the Magic cruises and start STUDYING them :for instance I would like to book our dinner at Palo not in the same night when they do "pirates" ... as this is one of my favorite deck parties !!!
I'm also thinking about a tuxedo for DGH ...

:lmao: I love to worry about all the little details !!! :lmao:

Laura :wave:

Laura

I agree I would rather be in one of the main dinning rooms for Pirates Night which will be on Auguest 16th the night we visit Cozumel.

I have done some investigating and have come up with the following Dinning Rotations:

If your traveling with young kids you'll more than likely get....APL
If your traveling with older kids...You'll more than likely get PLA
And if your traveling with adults you'll more than likely get LAP

Dinning Rotation:
5:30pm/8:00pm=APLAPLA
5:45pm/8:15pm=PLAPLAP
6:00pm/8:30pm=LAPLAPL

Lumier’s
Animator’s Palate
Parrot Cay

So it looks like we will have the 8:30 seating with LAPLAPL unless we ask for 8:00/8:15 times. :confused3

That would put us in Animators's Palate for Pirate Night. pirate:

I don't want to miss Lobster Night either that will be on Thusday night August 17th @ Parrot Cay night.

The best night to eat at Palo maybe Monday Night August 14th, this would
be the other night for Parrot Cay...Monday night will also be Formal Night so we'll already be dressed. :confused3 Didn't pick Sunday night because this would be the only time Animator's Palate will do the show.

August 15th
fest30.gif
would be another good choice but You and Marco may have Special Plans.

I want to do the Champagne Brunch again...what do you think of Sunday August 13th @ 10:00am before Key West. That way we will have eaten and maybe just pick-up a snack while on shore.

Our first day at sea will be Monday which would be another time we could do the brunch BUT I believe this will be our Character Breakfast Morning @ Parrot Cay Soooooo :confused3

As I would love to do the Brunch twice I was wondering if I could make the reservations for Sunday for the 4 of us, then maybe you could make the reservations for the 4 of us Thursday. We could double dip Brunch @ Palo. We maybe able to double dip Dinner there also. :banana:

Oh I also want to try the afternoon High Tea @ Palo. this is offered on our Day-at-Sea days Monday and Thursday.(3:00pm-4:00pm)

I TOLD YOU I HAVE BEEN BUSY...

Ciao Beckie

OMG**Andrea Boccelli**was just on one of the morning shows he has a new CD out, I called Terry told him I would :love: LOVE :love: to have it.

Wow, Beckie...that's good information to know! I couldnt figure out how they do the dining rotation. I know we have early seating.

Im still finding my way with all this cruise info! :teeth:

Laura, this will be my second time in the Dolphin. I went there in December on a "girl's only trip" with a bunch of other DISsers here! It was a blast.
as for my favorites, I pretty much love it all! :teeth: :banana: But we will probably only have time for MK and Epcot this trip. It was kind of a sneak it on thing without DH noticiing! :teeth: My favorite place to stay is the Beach Club!

Donna

On the Magic you will receive a NAVIGATOR which is a daily schedule of everything happening on the ship that day. When some guest return they post them on a website so others taking cruises can read them and get a flow of what is happening on each day. While the exact activities my change from cruise to cruise they are a great tool to assist in planning.

There are a few websites that are very helpful. Laura pointed me in the right direction last year, plus reading every post over on the Cruise Line Forum...One of the best websites is banned here on the DIS it is a travel agency but hopefully you will be able to figure this one out Castaway Club then you just add the last .com bring everything all together. You will be able to view the Navigators that are posted there from a 7-Day Western last November. Another good site is Dave's DCL Tribute Site, have fun planning

Beckie

Laura
I was wondering if you and DGH wanted to maybe do The Stingray City, while we are at Grand Cayman...please, please I know it's out in the water but there will be a boat. :rolleyes1

Beckie

Sorry I haven't been responding, but my husband had a double knee replacement and he has been healing from that and requires much care. He is looking forward to having no pain and doing lots on the cruise.
The last time we went to Disney we stayed at Port Orleans and loved it, however we decided to go cheaper because our 2 girls do not want to share the same bed, so we needed to get two rooms. We are staying at the new Pop Century. We are flying down on Wednesday.
Laura, I loved the dolphin pictures and we have decided not to do the "encounter" with Disney but book our own dolphin swim.
We have the early dinner seating, but with 1 teen and 1 grown daughter, not sure what our rotation will be.
Would love to meet for drinks one night. My daughter is nervous because she has not spoken any Italian for almost 3 years and doesn't want to be embarassed. I told her how friendly you all are!
Michelle

mgbagley said:
Sorry I haven't been responding, but my husband had a double knee replacement and he has been healing from that.......
Would love to meet for drinks one night. My daughter is nervous because she has not spoken any Italian for almost 3 years ...

:wave: Michelle , nice to hear from you !!!
HOPE YOUR DH IS FEELING BETTER !!!!!! Is he still into bed ??? pixiedust: PIXIE DUST your way !!!

:love: PLEASE PLEASE tell your DD ( BTW what is her name?) that she does NOT need to worry: if she gets embarassed speaking Italian ...we will talk in English - ;) that is should she wish to join us "older" people!!!!
As Beckie can tell you ... :rotfl: I hope !!! :rotfl: Marco and I speak a decent :scared: English , so no need for your DD to speak Italian !!!

:rotfl: Maybe ... after she has listened to our English :eek: she will feel she can talk Italian without any embarassment !!!!! :rotfl:

:fish: Surely :fish:your :boat: SWIM WITH THE DOPLHINS :fish: will be a blast !!!! :fish:

Please write as often as you can !!!! :hug: Laura

CIAOOOOOO, Donna !!!!

If you need some first hand info about the cruise, restaurants , dress code or whatever ... PLEASE ask !!!!
It's always nice to talk and :cloud9: among friends ... before cruising : that way our vacation will last longer !!!!

HAVE FUN PLANNING !!!!!
:Pinkbounc :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

Laura :wave:

Laura

I believe Terry and I are going to do the New REAS Package with the Tropical Rain Forest package for 7 days. While I know DGH won't go near the SPA maybe you could get just the Rain Forest so you and I could visit anytime we have a few minutes just to relax.

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
...........I TOLD YOU I HAVE BEEN BUSY...
Ciao Beckie
OMG**Andrea Boccelli**was just on one of the morning shows he has a new CD out, I called Terry told him I would :love: LOVE :love: to have it.

OMG Beckie : girl, surely you've been BUSY !!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Now I'm still dealing with some reservation in Orlando ... thought Marco and I could need a couple of days :lmao: to REST :lmao: after our cruise !!!

I need Marco to draw a plan for our days aboard the Magic: but here are some thoughts !!!
:scratchin I guess we still need to ask DCL for the same table in dining room: shall we wait until we get closer ? :confused3
We would like the double brunch and the high tea as well !!! I'll try to "understand" how our cruise / week will be this weekend , I'm confused :coffee: right now !!!! but surely I WILL LOVE to have you and Terry with us for my Bday celebration !!!!!
We have to carefully plan each day !!!!
Marco and I NEVER had Character breakfast , so it would be nice if we can do that as well !!!!

SOOOOOOO MUCH to plan SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH fun :cheer2:

BTW Tell me if you find Bocelli CD ... or we'll be glad to bring it from Italy !!

Talk to you soon , ABBRACCI Laura :love2:

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Laura

I believe Terry and I are going to do the New REAS Package with the Tropical Rain Forest package for 7 days. While I know DGH won't go near the SPA maybe you could get just the Rain Forest so you and I could visit anytime we have a few minutes just to relax.

Beckie

Beckie , our messages must have crossed one another !!! I have to check what " rain forest " would mean ... :confused3
AND I have to tell you I would love to play with stingrays ...but, you know it, I'm afraid ...in HIGH waters ...
OK, still lot of time to dream and plan ...
character41.gif
character41.gif
character41.gif
character41.gif

How do you like my MACARENA bananas ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!