August 12, 2006-DIS DREAMS DO COME TRUE-Magical Western Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by MAGICinMYHEART, Jan 21, 2006.

1. MAGICinMYHEART

MAGICinMYHEART <font color=FF0066<b>WL Vet</b><br><font color=gre

We are down to under 7 months, anyone else going to be on this cruise? :wave:

Cruising on the Disney Magic August 12, 2006
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MICKEY'S DREAMERS

MICKEY'S DREAMERS WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!

:yay: :yay:
    We are going to be there !!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
    :cheer2: :cheer2: Disney husband and myself !!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
    Hi, Beckie ! Nice to meet you again on DCL board !

HOPE many more will join us !!!

Laura :mickeyjum :fish: :mickeyjum

4. MICKEY'S DREAMERS

[​IMG]

It is SNOWING here !!!

Need so much to set sail ...:sail: ... at least in my dreams !!!!

Laura :sunny:

5. MAGICinMYHEART

Ciao Laura :wave:

SNOWING...it's been in the mid 70's to 80's here for the most part, just hope it continues.

The cruise is getting closer sooooo what are we going to do this time? Gambling, get all liquored up, or just the basic gluttony?

Beckie

Cruising on the Disney Magic August 12, 2006
    [​IMG]

6. mgbagley

mgbagley Earning My Ears

So glad to see someone else going. I posted a message awhile back and had no responses. We have 2 girls, one 20 and one 13. This is our second Disney cruise. Can't wait!

7. MAGICinMYHEART

mgbagley :wave:

Hi, glad you found us here, this will also be our second cruise. Last year my DH and I took a 4-night Bahamian Cruise, we joined friends we had meet here on the DIS Boards. (Laura and Marco) The 4-night cruise just wasn't long enough, so all four us booked for this year while we were on board last August. I can't wait until our dates get closer so the planning can begin.

Terry my DH and I live in North Florida so we are close to WDW and visit often. Cruising is still relatively new to us, not yet the veterans Laura & Marco are, we just know we like it :banana:

Beckie

8. MAGICinMYHEART

Laura
    Have you read the post concerning the MAGIC's first transatlantic sailing to Europe/Mediterranean. :banana:

I have been talking to Terry and he said if it doesn't cost a small fortune we might be able to either go over in May or do the return voyage in August. What do you and DGH think?????

Just click here and it will take you to the link:

Magic sailing to Europe - Summer 2007!

9. mgbagley

mgbagley Earning My Ears

We also went on the 4 day cruise in 2003 and we couldn't wait to go again. Since we live in Maryland we took a cruise on Royal Carribean out of Baltimore because we saved on the flight and the cruise was a good deal. We liked it, but we all said we wanted to go back on Disney. It will be my husband Chuck and our two girls, one 20 and one 13.
    Michelle

10. MICKEY'S DREAMERS

:Pinkbounc Welcome Michelle and family! :banana:

Nice to meet you on this board ... waiting to meet you all on board the MAGIC ! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We will be Marco (aka DGH, Disney Grumpy Husband, ) and I (Laura).

We both are TOTALLY Disneymaniac, I'm afraid ; we live in Italy, but try and manage to fly to Florida each August :cheer2: visiting WDW.
    In the last years we added a Disney Cruise ... we started with a four days cruise and enjoyed it so much that we go back year after year...and
    meeting our friends adds much more MAGIC !!!

To save some money ,this August we are booked in a "guaranteed rate" stateroom . :tink: So we don't know yet in which stateroom we will sleep... but most likely it will be an INSIDE stateroom.

Will you be INSIDE or OUTSIDE? What about you, Beckie ?

:wave2: Can't wait to start planning !!! :wave2:
    LET'S DREAM TOGETHER !!!!

p.s. Beckie, the link to the "European cruise" doesn'work . :confused3

CIAOOOOOOOO !!!!
    Laura :love:

11. MAGICinMYHEART

Laura
    I corrected the link so hopefully it will work now...The magic is going to cruise in the Med during the summer of 2007.

Terry originally booked a Deluxe Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah Cat 7, I called when we arrived home and changed it to a Cat 11 on deck 5, I loved staying on deck 5 last cruise because there are so few cabins. Our cabin is 5013 I hope we like being sideways. :confused3

Beckie

Magic sailing to Europe - Summer 2007!

12. firstmickey

firstmickey Riddle Goddess of Chaos

YAY! Add me in! :banana: Just booked a Cat 6 Verandah for DH, me and two kids ages 8 and 12! This will be our first cruise and we are very excited! :banana: We will be celebrating the 1st anniversary of my 39th birthday! ;) :teeth: :rotfl:

Can't wait! :banana:

13. MAGICinMYHEART

[​IMG] WELCOME ABOARD DONNA & CREW [​IMG]

Our little group is growing...WOW and such a special occasion "The 1st anniversary of my 39th birthday."

Your first cruise you've got alot of reading to do. We will try and help as much as possable. Laura managed to get me through my first cruise last year. It's such fun planning and worring about everything.

Beckie

14. mgbagley

mgbagley Earning My Ears

We will be on deck 7 inside. We stayed on deck 5 in one of the secret porthole rooms last time and loved it. Even though we booked over a year in advance, those were already gone.
    Laura, my older daughter will be so thrilled to meet you. She took Italian in high school and went on her senior trip to Italy. She loved everything about it! When she graduates college next year, I am going to surprise her with another trip to Italy.
    We will be staying at Disney for 3 days before the cruise. Both of my girls love Disney, even though I thought they were too grown up for it.
    Have any of you done the Dolphin adventure? I am reading conflicting reports about whether it is worth the money.
    Hope to hear from all of you again
    Michelle
    PS You all have such colorful messages, I decided to try and not be so plain.

15. MAGICinMYHEART

Michelle
    Oh, on my cruise last year I had a SPR # 5022. I just loved deck 5 so that's why I changed the stateroom when I got home. I also tried to get the SPR again NO LUCK.

Laura will be so excited to hear your daughter speaks/knows Italian, she speaks excellent english and is a teacher. Her husband DGH (dear grumpy husband) has this thing for Grumpy, but is the sweetest person.

I would love to visit Italy next year, I have been day-dreaming of taking DCL over to Barcelona Spain and cruising the Mediterranean then visiting Laura and Marco in Milan.

Beckie

16. MICKEY'S DREAMERS

[​IMG]
    OMG !!!!! our group is growing very fast indeed !!!!
    :welcome: to Donna !!!! Your first cruise will be a real blast , I promise !!! We all will try and do our best to answer to each and any question you might have !!! Also Michelle and Beckie know a lot about cruising !!!
    Ask whatever you want : if we don't know the answer ... :lmao: Beckie will find it ... should she have to go to North Pole !!! :lmao:

party: Oh, Michelle , how nice your BIG girl can speak some Italian !!!! and - more important - she loves Italy !!!!! This is going to be a very interesting cruise !!!!! :love:

:yay: CIAO, Beckie, dearest friend !!!! It would be just MAGIC :wizard: if you and Terry come to Italy !!!!!!:sail: I've had a quick look at that thread about DCL European cruises ; we still have to wait until they tell us about the itineraries ....:rainbow: but we expect the Magic will stop at Genova or Livorno or Venice : we could drive there (4 or 5 hours) to be your VERY OWN GUIDE for the day(s?)... but of course we can always fly to Naples or Rome -should the ship stop there LONGER !!!!
    :rolleyes1 or maybe you are planning :Pinkbounc a week :Pinkbounc in Italy AFTER your cruise ... before flying back to US ????
    We will have to make a very careful planning...
    :teeth: Better if myself and Michelle's DD start to teach you the basic Italian
    for darling friends !!!!

:banana: :banana: CAN'T WAIT to dream with you all ... from now 'till August !!!!
    BACIONI (big kisses,Beckie:your first lesson !!!)

Laura :wave2:

17. MAGICinMYHEART

Michelle

OK where are you staying at WDW and where are you going to eat. I love all the planning and ADR.
    A few years ago Laura and DGH did one of the Dolphin excursions, I believe they enjoyed it. :confused3

Laura
    Ciao & BACIONI :hug: :love2:

Beckie

18. MICKEY'S DREAMERS

:thumbsup2 COME ON, everybody !!! we got to be in page 1 !

Just seen on TV that in Cozumel they sell SPLENDID silver jewelry !!!
    :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Laura

19. MAGICinMYHEART

Laura

Do you think we will go to Cozumel in August? I have been reading and checking on the other forum to when, if, any of the Western Cruises are scheduled.

What excurisons have you and DGH done on the Western? :fish:

Beckie

20. firstmickey

firstmickey Riddle Goddess of Chaos

:wave: Im reading all of my cruise books trying to figure out excursions.
    Im anxious to hear if anyone here has done any of them before too!

Im thinking about just walking around Key West and would like to do snorkeling somewhere.

I didnt realize when i booked that the ships weren't going to Couzemel right now due to the hurricane damage. Where are they going instead?
    does anyone know when they are saying the ships will be able to return?

21. MICKEY'S DREAMERS

CIAO, everyone !!!!

We did the Dolphin encounter years ago at Chankanaab park e and we enjoyed it : I wish we had water shoes , as the iron (?) platform on which we all were standing was slippery and had a few seaweed.
    We had a mom-dolphin with her baby coming close to us : we could pat them, while one of their staff was taking pics and videotaping - which we purchased before leaving the park. It is a nice memory.
    You could bring your own camera , but I'm afraid there are chances it WILL get wet.
    We stayed at the park after the encounter , they have showers and lockers .

A friend we met on the ship did the SWIM with the dolphins - a non Disney excursion : they were VERY HAPPY about the swimming experience , but had some problems with the taxi driver and ended up paying too much ; it's always better if you ask your "future" taxi driver HOW MUCH you will be paying BEFORE you ride !!!

Beckie, I'm not sure if we will stop or not at Cozumel ... trying to get more precise info.
    As you know we still have to finalize our GRAND- planning (flights-hotels-car rent etc)... :confused3 as soon as we are done with that I PROMISE we'll post some pics of excursions we took in the past years.
    :wave: Laura :wave: