Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Love your sense of humor in this report.

I'm taking notes because I have plans to sail a b2b on the Dream Nov/Dec 2017. It will complete my DCL grand slam...now I just need to secure a cabin mate for that first leg beginning the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

I am just now finding time to read your report. I teach at an inner city community college and the first eight weeks of the semester are extremely busy. I am just now catching my breath and finding time to read disboards.

Ha, I knew you were a psychologist. We just had the attachment lecture in my class and did a heavy discussion on Dr. Ainsworth and her research. Even if you were unable to practice your chosen profession you being in the classroom and interacting with your fellow students and professors had an impact on psychology. Besides, people watching is fun and it is kind of cool to be able to watch a behavior and know why it is occurring.

I take steroids also, for asthma, my arms always look beat up (my doc calls the dark purple blotches skin bleeds which I guess means bleeding right under the skin:confused3 ), and the skin splits at the most inopportune moments. Cardboard boxes are my enemy. It seems like I cannot open one without damaging myself.

Love the way Jo’s hair is getting curlier and curlier as your trip progresses.

Off now to read Day 7 continued.

Kate

I could hear my Mum ringing in my ears I would spoil my appetite for dinner. I am sure the vanilla soft serve tasted even sweeter after this.

I can eat ice cream at any time of the day and night and I don't think it would ever spoil my appetite.

My eyes nearly popped out my head when I saw they had meatloaf on the kids menu.

Oh, I would have gone for that, too. I think I may have a closer look at the kids' menu if we ever sail on DCL again.

I found that the air con in this suite annoying above my head. It was freezing! We never figured out how to switch this off. I had brain freeze for 3 days.

I would not have liked that at all.

Corinna

Love your sense of humor in this report.

I'm taking notes because I have plans to sail a b2b on the Dream Nov/Dec 2017. It will complete my DCL grand slam...now I just need to secure a cabin mate for that first leg beginning the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Thank you for reading! How exciting your b2b next year. You must have done the transatlantic I am thinking. How cool. Good luck getting a cabin mate. It sure makes it more ecomonical.

I am just now finding time to read your report. I teach at an inner city community college and the first eight weeks of the semester are extremely busy. I am just now catching my breath and finding time to read disboards.

Ha, I knew you were a psychologist. We just had the attachment lecture in my class and did a heavy discussion on Dr. Ainsworth and her research. Even if you were unable to practice your chosen profession you being in the classroom and interacting with your fellow students and professors had an impact on psychology. Besides, people watching is fun and it is kind of cool to be able to watch a behavior and know why it is occurring.

I take steroids also, for asthma, my arms always look beat up (my doc calls the dark purple blotches skin bleeds which I guess means bleeding right under the skin:confused3 ), and the skin splits at the most inopportune moments. Cardboard boxes are my enemy. It seems like I cannot open one without damaging myself.

Love the way Jo’s hair is getting curlier and curlier as your trip progresses.

Off now to read Day 7 continued.

Kate

Hi Kate and a warm welcome. Thank you for taking time in your break to join us. How great you learnt about Dr Ainsworth too. Also I found Piaget of interest and the stages of learning.

Sorry you have skin like paper also. I agree opening boxes. The worse is those plastic sealed packages they put everything in now that don't seem to open without a chainsaw...

Jo kepy quoting Monica from Friends on that epidosde in the Bahamas where her hair gets wider and wider..'It's the humidity!

I can eat ice cream at any time of the day and night and I don't think it would ever spoil my appetite.

Oh, I would have gone for that, too. I think I may have a closer look at the kids' menu if we ever sail on DCL again.

I would not have liked that at all.

Corinna

The meatloaf was a good portion and even nicer than Prime time I thought. It was turkey meatloaf. Thanks for reading!

Day 8 Princess Meet and meet, Nassau, The Storm, Pirate night at Royal Table

Saturday September 24th

Firstly here is the lovely towel arrangement from the night before.. It was to honour our anniversary...
image.jpeg
Jo saved some petals and later decorates our bathroom with them!

The day started with cereal in our room. Jo went to get hot water from the drinks machine. She discovered a whole new world of friends. Parents with infants in strollers needing their bottles!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After showers we hit cabanas and marvelled at the breakfast selections. I get cereal packets for the next day. Jo got some eggs Benedict her favourite breakfast. She got me a kids separator plate, filling both Mickey ears with strawberry sauce from the pancake station. I love that stuff. She also got me some melon, a glazed donut and a pancake. All were very nice.

Jo wanted to go onshore at Nassau to Diamonds International to pick up the necklace and bracelet we had won at the DVC meeting. I don't get off the ship here. I find Nassau quite difficult from an accessible point of view. Plus I was starting to not feel too well. I asked her to see if she could pick up some of the rum cake I like.

First we had booked a meet and greet with the Princesses so we headed down to deck 3 to do this.

First it was Rapunzel. I already had her autograph so just went in for the photo....

image.jpeg

Next up was Cinderella.. We chatted about the castle and her life there.

image.jpeg

We also meet Snow but her photo won't upload.

It was then time for Jo to go onshore. We both looked nervous. She never enjoys leaving me and I didn't like the idea of her going on her own.

She took some photos on her adventure...

image.jpeg
She came back in record time. She found me sitting in the adults only area not too far from the eye scream machine...

She said Nassau was not her favourite place. A few people made her feel nervous. She got the goods and yes they did try to up sell her. She did not bite. Sadly there was no rum cake. I love that stuff! The necklace was the cheapest thing we have ever seen. Like it had come out of a Kinder egg. ( This is a chocolate egg with a cheap toy inside for American readers I know it is banned in the US ) . We said it actually would put you off this store thinking that was the quality of their goods which is not the case. We have had several great items from there. Tanzanite our favourite. The diamond in this gold heart necklace la couer de la mar it was not. Like a chip of glass ...

We laughed I should have taken a photo! I gave it to my niece as a dress up item. I think the idea is to get you in there and sell you something else.

We sat in the adults only area until lunch then hit cabanas again. What a selection! I had slabs of meat, bread, salad and ice cream. Jo had similar with fries and pizza.

After lunch we decided to go to see the new ice cream parlour based on Wreck it Ralph. Vanellopes. Pam wanted to see photos of it.

It was amazing. They invited us to try testers of the ice creams.. I was delighted they had sorbets and the low fat vanilla and chocolate without cream I had enjoyed at Beaches and cream. I asked the difference between gelato and ice cream. The server explained that gelato was richer and gave Jo peanut butter in both ice cream and gelato. Jo preferred the ice cream. She found gelato too rich.

Then we spied the racing car and cup they do that they deliver to the restaurants!

I fell in love with the racing car....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jo suggested why don't we order one for the last night of the last back to back for my birthday? I was up for that! You get 3 scoops of your choice, 5 toppings, cream etc. I would have the low fat scoop, Jo could select some of her choice and we could each select some toppings. Usually Polly doesn't share food but on this occasion I was going to let Jo have some of my car...

It was only $12.95 delivered. Seemed like a good deal!

To be continued...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0

OK, I was way way way behind!

As you have I'm sure figured out, it's not so much that you don't get the second photo on a B2B, but if you do the on/off advantage you get with a B2B the photographers are not set up that early. It's not worth sitting in the terminal to wait for a photo! :lmao:

That room is huge! I remember we sailed concierge on the Wonder but at the time there was no lounge. It seems that the Outlook Café is being converted to a lounge. I loved the size of the room, but at the cost we could take more cruises. I'm sorry you had to cancel so many because of your health. I completely understand that from Jo's POV.

Good that Jo exited unscathed from the Diamond store, once they get you in there is practically a ransom to get out.

I really wishould there was a Vanellopes on the Fantasy but alas, no. I checked the deck layouts.

I don't understand why Jo doesn't love Minnie. I think she is so cute. My only problem is something that small is just not practical for me. I can barely use my smaller "park purse".

Love your dry sense of humor! I didn't realize you studied psychology, that explains a lot! :rotfl2:

OK, I was way way way behind!

As you have I'm sure figured out, it's not so much that you don't get the second photo on a B2B, but if you do the on/off advantage you get with a B2B the photographers are not set up that early. It's not worth sitting in the terminal to wait for a photo! :lmao:

That room is huge! I remember we sailed concierge on the Wonder but at the time there was no lounge. It seems that the Outlook Café is being converted to a lounge. I loved the size of the room, but at the cost we could take more cruises. I'm sorry you had to cancel so many because of your health. I completely understand that from Jo's POV.

Good that Jo exited unscathed from the Diamond store, once they get you in there is practically a ransom to get out.

I really wishould there was a Vanellopes on the Fantasy but alas, no. I checked the deck layouts.

I don't understand why Jo doesn't love Minnie. I think she is so cute. My only problem is something that small is just not practical for me. I can barely use my smaller "park purse".

Love your dry sense of humor! I didn't realize you studied psychology, that explains a lot! :rotfl2:
Thank you for reading.

I hope you and Fran are having a grand ole vacation. I look forward to 2021! Oh too right Jo said exactly that. She felt the DI door locking..

They said that next time Fantasy dry docks she is getting the Vanellopes but when she dry docks I don't know. I know Minnie is cute!

Day 8 continued...

We decided to go up to the concierge sundeck on deck 12. This has lovely day beds, suntan lotion, Evian face spray and drinks. Proper canned drinks! Plus sparkling water. I love my sparking water and like people enjoy a good wine I am a water snob. I usually don't treat myself to a nice bottled water but Jo always encourages me to do so pointing out I don't drink alcohol so why not. S Pelligrino and Perrier are my favourites. But am always up for trying new ones I come across.

I was delighted to see the sundeck stocked bottles of Perrier. I had one of those and Jo had a diet coke. They also have these in the lounge. We each take a drink to dinner. Jo takes a glass of wine and I take a bottle of perrier. Why pay for it downstairs right he he.

They have a nice hot tub installed on the sundeck since we were last onboard and also now they had added a shade over the deck. Pure bliss! The only thing I think it is missing is a view.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

We rested here but soon it began to rain so we gathered up our things and took settler inside. I was starting to get a monster headache. I suspected a storm was brewing. This can be one of my triggers.

We went into the lounge and picked up a packet of popcorn. They give it to you to take to the movies. Finding Dory was on in non 3D. I can't do 3D another migraine / seizure trigger for me. We had not managed to see this yet so we decided to go to the Buena Vista theatre where it was showing.

I started to get seasickness and vertigo. I couldn't understand it. The ship was very steady and the water very calm. I don't normally suffer from seasickness. We watched the movie which was really enjoyable. Then went back to the Space station to change for dinner. I took some migraine medication. Tonight was the Royal Table and it was Pirate/Halloween night. I wore my Spiderman eyes T shirt to get into the fun.

We first hit the concierge lounge for drinks and nibbles. Jo came back with her eyes like saucers. Oh Polly they have strawberry macaroons! I pretended to have macaroon eyes placing one on each eye Jo laughed. I was over the macaroon moon.

We were seated in the Royal Table. I do love this place. The servers already had a cup, straw out for my water and the kids menu. I was amused it doubled as a pirate hat. I had the surf and turf which I really enjoyed. Jo had a steak and some kind of mash. She thinks was parsnip. She had two starters. She wanted to try the french onion soup and the deep fried brie. She said they were both good. I had a salad to start. I had her cranberry orange marmalade with my dinner. I would beg for this now every night. Here is one of our lovely servers. She was from Germany. Very attentive.

image.jpeg

I love this bread basket

image.jpeg

Is it a menu or hat?

image.jpeg

Jo was full to the brim and skipped dessert. I wanted eye scream up on the deck. Jo managed to regain some appetite and join me. It was a miracle. I was pleased to see banana make a showing today. I was starting to feel a little better.

I still had vertigo so we went to the store to get some seasick bands you wear on your wrists. See if this helps. I can't take the other medication.

We went back to the stateroom. We watched some Shark tank and fell asleep in the freezing air con on our heads. I expected to be found in 5,000 years. Placed in a museum and labeled a typical person of the 21st century fully preserved in ice... I hoped not everyone in the future thought 21st people wore Star Wars Pyjamas and pirate menu hats.

Next up day 9 is that Castaway cay? The storm... The trapped 5k runners on the island oh my!

Hi Polly,

Your "room" is lovely! Nice to have a bit of space to spin around on the verandah too!!

We left the DVC presentation on Magic when they started trying to flog Aulani and the Poly!! After all I had won the one - of - a - fifity - million kind DVC memory stick so it was worth going!

Sorry you weren't feeling great, hope the bands helped.

Looking forward to reading more

Claire xx

Firstly here is the lovely towel arrangement from the night before.. It was to honour our anniversary...
image-jpeg.202292

That is so beautiful and romantic.

She got me a kids separator plate, filling both Mickey ears with strawberry sauce from the pancake station.

That sounds like a perfect breakfast to me.

She came back in record time. She found me sitting in the adults only area not too far from the eye scream machine...

Sounds like a great location.

She said Nassau was not her favourite place.

I share this sentiment. I have been to some rather exotic places and there are only two places I ever felt unsafe: one was Barcelona on our first visit in 2010 and the other is Nassau.

The necklace was the cheapest thing we have ever seen. Like it had come out of a Kinder egg.

What a same.

They invited us to try testers of the ice creams..

I would have been in my element there.

I asked the difference between gelato and ice cream. The server explained that gelato was richer and gave Jo peanut butter in both ice cream and gelato. Jo preferred the ice cream. She found gelato too rich.

Up to my early 20s, I only knew gelato and soft serve ice cream. I still love a good gelato, but peanut butter anything would have been a hit wit me.

I fell in love with the racing car....

That is really cool.

It was only $12.95 delivered. Seemed like a good deal!

That sounds very fair to me.

Evian face spray

I would love that.

I love my sparking water and like people enjoy a good wine I am a water snob.

I am with you on this.

Oh, I spy the round loungers that I adored so much on the Ovation.

I can't do 3D another migraine / seizure trigger for me.

That is a real shame.

Oh Polly they have strawberry macaroons!

How nice!

She wanted to try the french onion soup and the deep fried brie.

Great choices.

The trapped 5k runners on the island oh my!

Oh dear, that does not sound good.

Corinna

Hi Polly,

Your "room" is lovely! Nice to have a bit of space to spin around on the verandah too!!

We left the DVC presentation on Magic when they started trying to flog Aulani and the Poly!! After all I had won the one - of - a - fifity - million kind DVC memory stick so it was worth going!

Sorry you weren't feeling great, hope the bands helped.

Looking forward to reading more

Claire xx

Thanks Claire. You are right the verandah was even more open space to play with! I was suspect as soon as I clapped my eyes on Stitch. I feel a DVC sales Hawaiin pitch...

Hilarious!!!! :rotfl2:
Loving your report - thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading. I am still thawing out. Doctors estimate some time in spring.

That is so beautiful and romantic.

That sounds like a perfect breakfast to me.

Sounds like a great location.

I share this sentiment. I have been to some rather exotic places and there are only two places I ever felt unsafe: one was Barcelona on our first visit in 2010 and the other is Nassau.

What a same.

I would have been in my element there.

Up to my early 20s, I only knew gelato and soft serve ice cream. I still love a good gelato, but peanut butter anything would have been a hit wit me.

That is really cool.

That sounds very fair to me.

I would love that.

I am with you on this.

Oh, I spy the round loungers that I adored so much on the Ovation.

That is a real shame.

How nice!

Great choices.

Oh dear, that does not sound good.

Corinna

What was great in the ice cream palour was multiple visits and testers did not try their patience! Jo liked the cookie dough best.

The loungers were divine. Plus they had a mist machine on the go.

I don't often hear Jo say she felt unsafe. I feel it's time for DCL to explore another port. Thanks for reading.

Meanwhile back in Gotham city....

We were having our kitchen flooring replaced at home. Roger the guy taking up the old tiles before the new flooring goes down discovered a Russian doll effect. There were 2 layers of tiles there! Poor guy.

I am not sure I wanted to see this photo Jo showed me from my concierge day bed...

image.jpeg

I close my eyes and get back into vacation mode. They are experts right. They know what they are doing.. Gulp.

Also I thought you might like to see the state of me earlier in the the year from a photo I found...

image.jpeg

Not the happiest face from the Basildon hospital resort and spa...Donald kept me going! A cute gift from JoJo I would cherish and cuddle night after long night. There was a night nurse there myself and my bed neighbour Monika nicknamed Tenko after the 80's TV show about a Japanese concentration camp. She was not very nice... Our hearts sunk when we heard her crocs shuffle near our beds. One night I was cold and asked for a blanket. After 3 hours she threw a blanket at me! It landed by my bed and Monka got it for me. I had 5 drips so was unable to get it. My new friend Monika and her daughter are coming to visit me today at home as we stayed in touch. She is a lovely lady and her daughter too who came in everyday I valued their company very much. Cried when she left!

Next up Day 9 Castaway Cay day. What is fork lighting?

We were having our kitchen flooring replaced at home. Roger the guy taking up the old tiles before the new flooring goes down discovered a Russian doll effect. There were 2 layers of tiles there! Poor guy.

That looks a mess. I am glad that you were not around for this.

There was a night nurse there myself and my bed neighbour Monika nicknamed Tenko after the 80's TV show about a Japanese concentration camp.

That is not what you need if you are not well.

My new friend Monika and her daughter are coming to visit me today at home as we stayed in touch.

I am glad that you got on and stayed in touch.

Corinna

That looks a mess. I am glad that you were not around for this.

That is not what you need if you are not well.

I am glad that you got on and stayed in touch.

Corinna

Thank you! I was glad I was not around for the mess and having ashama imagine the dust!

So sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well! My son's girlfriend had great success with those seabands most of the time.

The private deck looked divine! Glad they had your special water and I totally agree with bringing the free to dinner!

Loved that got into the spirit with your shirt and menu-hat. Also very clever to get the server to pose with Bling Minnie (See, Jo, it's not just me...).

What a construction nightmare! Hopefully you are pleased with the final outcome.

So glad you had a wonderful hospitalmate to counterbalance the nightmare nurse! Why go into an industry to help people if you don't want to actually help people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter