Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

So sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well! My son's girlfriend had great success with those seabands most of the time.

The private deck looked divine! Glad they had your special water and I totally agree with bringing the free to dinner!

Loved that got into the spirit with your shirt and menu-hat. Also very clever to get the server to pose with Bling Minnie (See, Jo, it's not just me...).

What a construction nightmare! Hopefully you are pleased with the final outcome.

So glad you had a wonderful hospitalmate to counterbalance the nightmare nurse! Why go into an industry to help people if you don't want to actually help people?

Thank you for reading and your comments. I know I can't understand why people go into the care industry and are then cruel. Nursing is not exactly cash rich job!

I had fun with that pirate hat.

The Concierge deck looks lovely.

It's good you weren't around for all that flooring work. Looks like a nasty business!

Enjoy seeing your friend!

The Concierge deck looks lovely.

It's good you weren't around for all that flooring work. Looks like a nasty business!

Enjoy seeing your friend!

Thank you! You two know what having works at home is like more than most. I wanted out of there..

Hi Paula I have been following your report which is verry enjoyable thank you. My DW gets seasick just watching the waves.A long time ago when I was serving in the RN the ship I was on was in port and Alison joined me for the afternoon on board and even though we were alongside and tied up to the wall she got seasick .It was a mine sweeper which is a small vessel compared to a cruise ship.Dose the Dream move at all when she is under way. By move I mean a rocking motion as even the slightest movement and a cruise is out of the question for us.

Stuart.

Hi Paula I have been following your report which is verry enjoyable thank you. My DW gets seasick just watching the waves.A long time ago when I was serving in the RN the ship I was on was in port and Alison joined me for the afternoon on board and even though we were alongside and tied up to the wall she got seasick .It was a mine sweeper which is a small vessel compared to a cruise ship.Dose the Dream move at all when she is under way. By move I mean a rocking motion as even the slightest movement and a cruise is out of the question for us.

Stuart.

Thank you so much for following! I am sorry to hear about your poor wife. How awful and you in the Navy as well. The Dream does not move much I find but it does depend when you cruise and the water. We cruise in September /October and I have never known it rock much. There is movement you can feel it. The good thing is they offer 3 night cruises so you could try this in a low storm season and see if it affects her. I never normally get sick I think it was my medication and the electrical storm that was coming. Good luck! Let me know if I can help in any other way. I hear the sea sickness pills are good if she is able to take them. The seabands for me did not work. I saw some people have patches you can get from the doctor the Crew said these were best.

img_1826-jpg.202520

I love the pumpkin and what a great idea to put a timer candle in it.

Corinna

A minor detour. I am a Harry Potter fan. I have wanted a wand from Ollivanders in Universal for ages. I regret not getting one when we went to Diagon Alley. We are unlikely to go back as I found Universal difficult from a mobility point of view. So hard to justify entry just to buy a wand! Corinna had kindly said she would get me one on her upcoming trip but then I realised you could buy them online from Harry Potter studios here in the UK! Of course! I recall they sold them in the store there. Thanks anyway Corinna how kind.

So I have ordered a Professfor McGonogall wand as I still had some birthday money my FIL gave me. Not sure what he will say when I tell him I bought a wand..

Can't wait for it to arrive!

View attachment 200989

How cool is this!!! Has it arrived yet?

I'm ashamed I got so far behind. I don't think I've opened up the Dis in over a week :(

I am horrified at the mug guy. I can't believe someone would do something like that. Unless maybe he had mental problems? I'm so sorry that happened. Glad they were kind at Epcot.

Fabulous to get into the new Frozen ride. I'm excited to see that. Not as excited about the new Soarin though. Also love LWTL.

How lovely to spend some time with Dana. Glad she liked the alligator!

Oh my goodness, your room is AMAZING!!!!

I'm so glad your servers were nice. How was the meatloaf?

I see my comment on the wand was late. It's very cool. Loved the pumpkin magic :)

I wonder if the arctic room ac caused your migraine.

The pumpkin tree is so cool. I want to see that in person so bad!

How pitzy the DI goodies were of the cheap variety. Bummer there was no rum cake to be found.

The concierge sun deck looks much improved.

Beautiful swan towel creation.

Catching up!

What a rude, rude man. I hope that you're okay!
So kind of you two getting a gift for Pam's mum.
LOVE the MacGonogall wand. That's different to the more popular ones. Good on you for getting it and for mastering the pumpkin pooch spell.
Look at that rain! Gosh....bucketing down.
Speaking of buckets...that's a LOT of ice cream and cream in the kitchen sink. There is no way I'd be able to eat any of it.

Woo Hoo. Living the DREAM! Nice looking room and balcony.
Oh! Happy anniversary. What a great way to celebrate it.
Love the princess M&G.
Sorry that you weren't feeling well. Seasick is not fun.

That is one heck of a construction mess. WOW!

I love the pumpkin and what a great idea to put a timer candle in it.

Corinna

Thank you. The light gives the same colour glow as Lumiere so they look great together!

How cool is this!!! Has it arrived yet?

I'm ashamed I got so far behind. I don't think I've opened up the Dis in over a week :(

I am horrified at the mug guy. I can't believe someone would do something like that. Unless maybe he had mental problems? I'm so sorry that happened. Glad they were kind at Epcot.

Fabulous to get into the new Frozen ride. I'm excited to see that. Not as excited about the new Soarin though. Also love LWTL.

How lovely to spend some time with Dana. Glad she liked the alligator!

No worries you have been busy my friend! He may well have had mental issues. You will adore FEA ride. Interested in your thoughts of Soarin'
Embarkation day!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I like your phone case, it looks very convenient.

Too funny about Minnie stealing aboard. :teeth:

She gets around that Minnie!

Oh my goodness, your room is AMAZING!!!!

I'm so glad your servers were nice. How was the meatloaf?

I see my comment on the wand was late. It's very cool. Loved the pumpkin magic :)

The meatloaf was amazing. It was the best yet. The wand is a lovely adddition at home thank you.

I wonder if the arctic room ac caused your migraine.

The pumpkin tree is so cool. I want to see that in person so bad!

How pitzy the DI goodies were of the cheap variety. Bummer there was no rum cake to be found.

The concierge sun deck looks much improved.

Beautiful swan towel creation.

I had not thought of that. The cold air did not help the migraine that is for sure. Interesting thought. You and Mom would enjoy the Halloween themed cruise.
Thank you Pam for reading.

You are so brave and wonderful

What kind words thank you for reading and for saying such sweet things.

Catching up!

What a rude, rude man. I hope that you're okay!
So kind of you two getting a gift for Pam's mum.
LOVE the MacGonogall wand. That's different to the more popular ones. Good on you for getting it and for mastering the pumpkin pooch spell.
Look at that rain! Gosh....bucketing down.
Speaking of buckets...that's a LOT of ice cream and cream in the kitchen sink. There is no way I'd be able to eat any of it.

Woo Hoo. Living the DREAM! Nice looking room and balcony.
Oh! Happy anniversary. What a great way to celebrate it.
Love the princess M&G.
Sorry that you weren't feeling well. Seasick is not fun.

That is one heck of a construction mess. WOW!

Thank you for reading along. I love the wand! There are no words to describe the size of that kitchen sink!

I am pleased to say when we see the kitchen it is complete and to our liking!

Day 9 Castaway Cay, The Storm, Diaper Dash and Animators Palette

Sunday September 25th

We woke up to the last full day of the first leg of the b2b cruise. Anybody who has done a DCL cruise that stops at Castaway Cay knows this stop causes much excitement. For us it is the highlight. As I was now feeling extremely seasick with a pounding head I was determined to get my legs on dry land hoping this would help ease the symptoms. The sea bands did not help at all in fact I found them very painful. Even though I have very small wrists Jo pointed out my left hand was going blue. I removed them immediately. I don't know how they would fit most adults.

I did my best with some fruit loops and a good old cup of tea. I ventured out onto the verandah to look into the horizon. Then we showered and went to Cabanas. The food this morning did not look it's usual appealing self. I struggled.

We went to get some fresh air on deck 4 and some interesting characters came by...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

We heard an announcement that the 5k runners were meeting and they had gone onto the island. We went back to the death star to pick up some items to take on the island and that is when I heard a loud bang. I thought the ship had knocked into something. Jo said she thought it was thunder. Outside had gone very dark... Then a flash...another flash. Jo was right. Now in the UK we call this type of lightning fork lighting where it cuts through the sky like a big pitch fork. Flashes of lightning we call sheet lighting. I learnt later chatting to folks that Americans do not use these terms.

Today was fork lighting! I thought Trident himself would appear.

They announced that nobody else was going on the island and don't worry folks the people already on the island were safe in settler. We looked out the verandah at a scene from the movie Twister and were grateful we were not on the island but were worried about those that were. Even if safe they must be beyond scared. I would be.

We stayed in our stateroom waiting for the wind, rain , thunder and lighting to pass. It did not do this anytime soon.

We decided to go up to the conceirge lounge. Now we had got chatting to people on the first leg really nice folks. They are following this very trip report! I want to say hi! It was good meeting you.

There is a photo coming up later.

We had booked Palo for tonight but I did not feel I could do it justice so we asked the hosts to cancel and decided to just do main dining instead at Animators. I felt beyond guilty but Jo said it was fine. We will try to go on the second leg if I felt better. We had a brunch booked and another dinner. We could skip this one. No biggie.

We went up to Cabanas where Jo encouraged me to eat. I could tell she was concerned I had not eaten my usual fill that day. I tried my best. Oddly as I started to eat I begun to feel better. I was surprised by this. Outside it was starting to look a little clearer. They announced that people might be able to go on the island later. Jo noticed that the buffet had a lot of bbq type food. They did well to suddenly cater for all on the ship rather than at Cookies BBQ's on the island.

It was still raining after lunch but we heard that there was a diaper dash race in the main lobby. What? This sounded a hoot so we raced to where shutters is located to get a balcony view. This was hilarious! Some babies would not move at all. One went in the opposite direction. Eventually there was a winner. We enjoyed this very much.....

image.jpeg

We heard they cleared the island for guests at about 2:30 pm. By now we had lost interest. We normally go on CC in the morning getting back on the ship for lunch plus the weather still wasn't great. We decided to go to our freezing stateroom and watch a movie on demand in our 'lounge' . Jo enjoyed some popcorn and cookies they had delivered. I had some jelly belly candies. I fell asleep which is unusual for me for day time. Jo placed a blanket around me. I joked she should save time stick a toe tag on me when I woke up. Again she was not amused. I don't even recall what movie was playing it might have been that trusty favorite Mighty Ducks.

To be continued...Next up .. New friends and dinner at the Animators Palette.

So sorry to hear that the seabands did not work!

The characters are adorable in their costumes.

I know that they keep people safe on CC during a storm. On our first trip, we were checking up on the boys in the games pavilion when there was thunder. They would not let us leave!

Glad that you started to feel a little better after eating. Sleep is probably what your body needed at that point!

So sorry to hear that the seabands did not work!

The characters are adorable in their costumes.

I know that they keep people safe on CC during a storm. On our first trip, we were checking up on the boys in the games pavilion when there was thunder. They would not let us leave!

Glad that you started to feel a little better after eating. Sleep is probably what your body needed at that point!

Thank you! That was nice you were checking on the boys I can imagine the worry.

I agree re sleep. Thank you for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter