Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Yay for getting on the cruise day!

How lovely that you were able to get concierge; you guys certainly deserved it after so many cancellations!

I think that having Minnie in the pics is a fun way to document your travels. Once we did an adult rip and I brought a weeble Mickey from home ( an old cereal prize) for the photos. On the adult area on CC, I asked Captain Jack to pose with it. He was very confused!

Yay for getting on the cruise day!

How lovely that you were able to get concierge; you guys certainly deserved it after so many cancellations!

I think that having Minnie in the pics is a fun way to document your travels. Once we did an adult rip and I brought a weeble Mickey from home ( an old cereal prize) for the photos. On the adult area on CC, I asked Captain Jack to pose with it. He was very confused!

Thank you! That is funny that must have been a blast with the Mickey lol. Do you know that pirate refused to hold the Minnie handbag lol.

Hi Polly,

Can't wait to see all your lovely cruise photos again! We're considering a back to back now in 2018...... did I mention that we are going to WDW for Christmas 2018 :rotfl2: ..... Jo doesn't read the DIS right :rolleyes: :)

Claire xx

Here in Germany most restaurants are not at all that accomodating. You eat what is on the menu. That's it.

I know exactly what you mean! I'm a vegetarian & I had a huge problem in both Germany & Austria with the restaurants not being accommodating at all. Even though most restaurants had no vegetarian options on the menus & I had added a note/ request on my reservations ahead of time, they were very reluctant to make any "special meals" & some chefs even just refused.:sad2: Switzerland was fine though, mostly because I'm real happy to be eating Raclette & Fondue every day.::yes::

Hi Polly,

Can't wait to see all your lovely cruise photos again! We're considering a back to back now in 2018...... did I mention that we are going to WDW for Christmas 2018 :rotfl2: ..... Jo doesn't read the DIS right :rolleyes: :)

Claire xx

Lol! No she doesn't! Only what I show her. How nice re Christmas 2018 it would be such a shame if I accidentally bokked flights lol. A back to back would be great for you! Your DD and DH and you would adore it. Xx

I know exactly what you mean! I'm a vegetarian & I had a huge problem in both Germany & Austria with the restaurants not being accommodating at all. Even though most restaurants had no vegetarian options on the menus & I had added a note/ request on my reservations ahead of time, they were very reluctant to make any "special meals" & some chefs even just refused.:sad2: Switzerland was fine though, mostly because I'm real happy to be eating Raclette & Fondue every day.::yes::

Oh shucks that is not helpful for you is it. I wish they would all up their game like the US!

Were you part of a tour group? I know plenty of vegetarians here in Germany and even prefer to order meat free dishes myself quite regularly. While not every restaurant is wondeful for vegetarians, I find that many do have a somewhat decent selection. But of course this is my view as I tend to eat in big city neighborhood places, not the typical tourist places. But I would have thought that those would have at least one or two vegetarian options on the menu, especially since there are a few classical Bavarian specialities that are meat free in the first place. You must have had real bad luck with those restaurants! I am very sorry that you had such problems here!!

But yes, getting something made special is not something that does happen here. The best you can expect is swapping out sides.

Jo relaxed.. Until she sees what comes out of my rollator bag..

image-jpeg.201771

I had to laugh so much about this, including your rather devious smile when holding the bag! It seems that annoying Jo was half the fun of having the bag. ;)

Oh! You had special themed Halloween on the High Seas paper cups! One of the little things that annoy me about Disney is that they are a little cheap with things like cups and napkins and plastic bags. I hate it that they say "Disney Parks" as that is not a destination. I much prefer the ones at Disneyland Paris that actually say Disneyland Paris. So, having DCL specific and then also celebration specific cups really makes me happy! I hope they do that for Christmas, too! They did not have them in 2014...

People think it sad that as an adult I self studied 6 long years in addition to my job to do a Psychology degree to go into this field of work but just as I graduated my health turned and I never got to live that dream. However I did not waste my time. I enjoyed it very much and use that knowledge every day.

Wow, that must have been a lot of work that you committed to if you studied while working at the same time! But it is wonderful that you learned something that you can still use even if you cannot work in that field!

Thank you for you comments Magdelena. I also miss the indivdual themed items. The resorts are loosing their identity and the one size fits all with the parks you are so right. I saw those cups and was all over them like a rash! I even used them to fill up ice cream with. Why limit myself with a small cone lol..

Thank you for you comments Magdelena. I also miss the indivdual themed items. The resorts are loosing their identity and the one size fits all with the parks you are so right. I saw those cups and was all over them like a rash! I even used them to fill up ice cream with. Why limit myself with a small cone lol..

Yes! I am a cup ice cream person, too! But mainly because I don't like the cones. I find them rather bland. And then the ice cream starts dripping on you. Cup is perfect! You just drink the left over melted ice cream... I also like to make coke floats.

Yes! I am a cup ice cream person, too! But mainly because I don't like the cones. I find them rather bland. And then the ice cream starts dripping on you. Cup is perfect! You just drink the left over melted ice cream... I also like to make coke floats.

Yeah same as me! I don't like cones. I eat the ice cream and throw away the cone until I thought about using the drinks cup! Me too re coke or sprite floats.

I also confess to having vanilla ice cream in my burgers...

Plus I dip chicken Mcnuggets in milkshake...

I know I'm gross. I adore salty and sweet combo.

Hi Polly! Just wanted to let you know I'm following along and wanted to say hi.
Your trip sounds great so far!
Love the Minnie bag, I also adore anything sparkly but my hubby and boys would not put up with that!
Also love Lumiere and Cogsworth. I may have to look into adding them into my Disney collection!
Can't wait to hear about your cruise.

Hi Polly! Just wanted to let you know I'm following along and wanted to say hi.
Your trip sounds great so far!
Love the Minnie bag, I also adore anything sparkly but my hubby and boys would not put up with that!
Also love Lumiere and Cogsworth. I may have to look into adding them into my Disney collection!
Can't wait to hear about your cruise.

Hi there and welcome how wonderful to have you join. Thank you for joining. Oh another fan of bling great! I enjoy 'the cog' and Lumiere everyday you would really benefit from giving them a home too!

Day 7 continued

Our stateroom was ready. Yeah! The card to your room gives you your dinning rotation for that cruise, your muster drill station and concierge also gives you a shiny gold one. What is neat is on accessible staterooms the door is automatic. You have no idea what a help this is to somebody like me who either sometimes walks a little with a rollator or is in a wheelchair. Also a plus of conceirge is the corridors seem less crowded of staterooms, a little wider and have less carts. Try getting past a cart with a chair with a room on the opposite side with people coming up. Like the video game Frogger.

We decided not to do an FE this time. Ill health had prevented me from dedicating the time. We did bring items though to randomly drop in other peoples FE. Pixie anonymous dust! Why not.

The door opened by itself as if by a ghost host. This was no stateroom this is a space station...
image.jpeg

It had a lounge, bedroom, bathroom, plus a separate rest room. Plus a good size verandah. I don't care for verandahs usually but I was to u turn this notion of my view of the ocean by the end of the week.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

At home I am in one open planned room consisting of the lounge and kitchen/dining area during the day on the ground level of my house for nearly 12 hours until Jo gets home. I can't get up the stairs on my own as I can't get off the stair lift at the top. This stateroom was bigger than my day area at home! I jokingly call my home situation 'Room' after the book and now a good movie about a lady who was captured and locked in one room with her son. They call this area 'room'.

There was a lovely basket of fruit on the table. I laughed to myself thinking the cover will most likely stay on that. It looked good though. Coconut, bananas etc. Sure enough at the end of the cruise outside each stateroom was a basket of old fruit untouched. What a waste! The cookies they left got a good clearing though.

Jo was pleased it was Elemis products..

image.jpeg

I prefer H2O especially orange so when we meet our lovely stateroom host later I asked for these. He would give us ridiculous amounts daily. Sadly there was no orange. He was either suggesting we had body odour problem or very generous. I liked to think the later.

Jo was amused at the size of the cupboard which had an automatic light...

image.jpeg

The mirror in the bathroom had a TV in it. But I never quite understood the attraction of that. One needs peace somewhere in the world. I am not sure I want to brush my teeth watching the Walking Dead. Hang on the TV isn't on..... Oh it's me.

image.jpeg

Soon it was time for the DVC meeting in the D lounge. We like these meetings. Following this would be the muster drill. I like to make up random facts to tell Jo. Even though she knows I do this and have for 20 years she still falls for them. Probably because I also tell her truthful facts. I told her that it was called muster drill because the life boats are mustard colour. It got shorted to muster over the years. Her eyes were wide and she seem to buy it.

We entered the D lounge and were greeted by macaroons and sparking wine or orange juice. I suddenly invented a bladder issue then that would make me leave the D lounge and come back in several times picking up more strawberry macaroons on my way. I just love macaroons. I became a DVC macaroon thief.

We had a character join us so we could take photos. I was pleased to see Corinna's favourite guy Stitch....

image.jpeg

The hosts divided the room in 2 teams and played a game of name that tune. Of course there was no winning team it was a tie but it was fun.

Then as usual they attempt to sell us Alauni and The Villa's at the Poly. No thanks time to leave. But then they do the prize draw for cards you filled out on entering the lounge. We were selected to win a Diamonds International necklace and charm bracelet. But you had to go to the store on Nassau the next day to get it. Jo said she might. I said be careful they don't try and up sell you some 3 million dollar ring!

We left and then moved on to our given station at the 'mustard' drill.

To be continued... Next up the mustard drill, Enchanted Garden dinner and goodnight folks.

What is neat is on accessible staterooms the door is automatic. You have no idea what a help this is to somebody like me who either sometimes walks a little with a rollator or is in a wheelchair. Also a plus of conceirge is the corridors seem less crowded of staterooms, a little wider and have less carts.

I looks like this really worked out for you.

The door opened by itself as if by a ghost host. This was no stateroom this is a space station...
image-jpeg.202123

Your stateroom looks amazing. I would prefer some lighter colours though.

Sure enough at the end of the cruise outside each stateroom was a basket of old fruit untouched.

What a shame.

Jo was pleased it was Elemis products..

I would have been, too.

I prefer H2O especially orange so when we meet our lovely stateroom host later I asked for these. He would give us ridiculous amounts daily.

Come to think of it, this must be new as I know that normally suites get H2O+ shower gel and the solar relief gel on top of the shampoo, conditioner, soap and body lotion. I am glad that your stateroom host was able to provide you with H2O+ goodies.

The mirror in the bathroom had a TV in it.

That is a little strange.

Soon it was time for the DVC meeting in the D lounge.

Oh, that is new, too. Then never used to do the DVC member celebration on the three night cruises.

We entered the D lounge and were greeted by macaroons and sparking wine or orange juice.

I would have been in my element. Macaroons and sparkling wine sounds like the food of the gods to me.

We had a character join us so we could take photos. I was pleased to see Corinna's favourite guy Stitch....

image-jpeg.202117

How nice that Stitch came to welcome you. I love the photo.

The hosts divided the room in 2 teams and played a game of name that tune.

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Corinna

Your stateroom looks amazing. I would prefer some lighter colours though

Thank you for your kind comments! I agree. In fact when we move rooms on the second leg to the smaller verendah conceriege room I actually prefer it! It is much lighter in colour and the air con did not leave me feeling like Olaf in the morning like the suite.

Day 7 continued continued

So onto the mustard drill. I could not resist this opportunity to do a Minnie and me pose...

image.jpeg

We did the usual drill. In case of an emergency etc etc. Images of the movie Titanic come to mind. I agree to meet Jo by the clock. Cogsworth. She doesn't look amused.

It was then time for the sail away party. So we checked this out before returning to the death star space station to change for dinner. The deck was packed. So we aborted our mission. On the way back I was pushed into the corner closer and closer to the eye scream machine. The lever triggered.. The cone dispensed.. Ice cream was following so I had to catch it... I could hear my Mum ringing in my ears I would spoil my appetite for dinner. I am sure the vanilla soft serve tasted even sweeter after this.

We were on early dining. I need to eat early as late digestion does not work for me. We had Enchanted Garden tonight. How lovely. First a stop by the conceirge lounge for pre dinner drinks and nibbles..

image.jpeg

I loved the logo of cinceriege and a few napkins would find it home with us..

image.jpeg

We saw the pumpkin tree on deck 3 ...

image.jpeg
We were then say in the Enchanted garden and introduced to our 3 servers. They were all very nice. They were very good with my dietary requirements. This makes life easier! My eyes nearly popped out my head when I saw they had meatloaf on the kids menu. I looked no further. Jo had a pasta dish she said was very nice. Jo also had a dessert. A trio of desserts.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It was then time for bed. We had a towel arrangement of swans Jo has on her phone I will post later. It was lovely. We watched some TV in bed. High School Musical 1. Never gets old! I enjoy these movies. I found that the air con in this suite annoying above my head. It was freezing! We never figured out how to switch this off. I had brain freeze for 3 days.

Night night everyone. Tomorrow. Day 8 Nassau, The storm is coming.... And Princess meet and greet.

Oh my your suite is divine!! That balcony is to die for! I'm glad that Bling Minnie got to go along with all of your adventures that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter