Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

I still have not made it there. One day I will.

That is nice that they were able to do this.

That makes my eyes water.

I love those ears.

That was very thoughtful of your car.

That sounds more like it. It is crazy though.

Corinna

I think you will adore B & C Corinna! You and Graham could try your hand at the Kitchen sink or maybe the mini Kitchen sink. The mini comes in such a cute Mickey pant jar you get to keep.

IMG_1820.JPG

Nice score on the outlet shirts!

I soooo want that Mickey pants dish!

Thank you! I regret not getting that Mickey pant dish. A mistake I would not make when offered the next souvenir ice cream item on the Cruise you will see later!

Day 6 continued

We visited a few more countries on our way to Soarin. The karamel in Germany smelt inviting to me. Jo eyed up some Food and Wine stations but we wanted room for that ADR.

We enjoyed the Soarin ride once more but the buildings had not improved! We then went to check out the new DVC lounge. We did not find that it is easy to locate but it has a nice freestyle Coca Cola machine, hot drinks, PCs and printers if needed. We did not see any snacks but people say there are some. It has a nice view over EPCOT but there were no seats left to sit. We did not rate the atmosphere in the lounge. It was not very DVC or have a Disney in feel. Very clinical. Probably wouldn't go back. I would prefer a more cosy relaxed style. I would rather them spend the budget on something else but just my view.

After Soarin we decided to make our way to the Beach Club. However when travelling through the world showcase Florida showed us it's tropical climate and from pure clear blue skies the heavens opened. Oh my goodness it was raining cats and dogs. I have never seen rain so heavy. We had not seen this one coming and our ponchos were in the car. Jo pushed us at great speed to shelter at Japan...

image.jpeg

We waited a while for the Hollywood style rain to pass but mother-nature was having none of it. So Jo went into the store and got new ponchos to get to our ADR as soon we would be running late. She covered us up and raced us as fast as possible to the beach club. It was like a log flume ride! We were dry from the knees up but our legs were like we had fallen in a pool.

Eventually we got there and the moment we got to the BC it stopped raining. Sitting for a few moments to dry. That is one of the shirts I got at the Columbia outlet store. Plus @Pinkocto that is my phone bag I was saying about. Perfect size just for a phone and I put a few dollars in it.

image.jpeg

We soon were sitting in the beloved Beaches and Cream. We got a lovely booth and a really nice server. Jo started with a cheese toasted sandwich and tomato soup and I had a chicken fillet burger. Both we thought were top notch.

Then looking at the dessert menu...

image.jpeg

Two couples in there had the kitchen sink.... They hit the wall 3/4 the way through but I was still impressed that they managed that amount just two people. I have heard one teenager has finished it by himself. This would be suciside for me as I can't tolerate cream. But what a way to go.

image.jpeg

Jo had the chocolate brownie and ice cream with hot fudge sauce.... She was trying to decide between that and the No way Jose. She was pleased with her choice.

image.jpeg

I don't usually get to induldge here as it is a treat for Jo. I enjoy the savoury food and the atmosphere and enjoyment for Jo anyway. But Jo spotted an ice cream that does did not contain cream so I had the low fat chocolate and vanilla ice cream. It was yummy. Plus It didn't contain enough chocolate to trigger a migraine...

Before..

image.jpeg

After..

image.jpeg
What a bonus! Ice cream is my favorite food in the world. If I could I would eat it 24 x 7. Mostly soft serve has just milk and no cream which I can have. But luxury ice cream contains a bucket of cream. Hello ambulance.. I can have sorbet also. Once I had sortbet and it contained cream the shock!

We left happy as the food and service were superb. We went back to SSR excited as tomorrow we were on our first leg of our b2b cruise on The Dream.

I did not mean to say we checked out of SSR earlier. Getting mixed up on days! We did that the next morning but we get our bags picked up by bell hop today. Less to do in the morning.

Night night. Next up... Day 6 ... Embarking The Dream for 3 of 7 nights.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 3
Oh my ! You are such an entertaining writer and have the most joyous attitude about everything. The pic of Huey in his basket , followed by the pumpkin in the basket is just a hoot and a half !!! Really looking forward to the rest of your TR.

You and Graham could try your hand at the Kitchen sink or maybe the mini Kitchen sink.

That would be a definite know. Graham is allergic to chocolate and I am allergic to bananas so the kitchen sink would do both of us in. It looks like the mini kitchen sink would be safe for me and it does look cute.

Jo eyed up some Food and Wine stations but we wanted room for that ADR.

That is the problem that I tend to have with the Food and Wine Festival. All the kiosks are so tempting and then I don't want a proper meal.

but it has a nice freestyle Coca Cola machine

Oh, I would have liked that.

We did not rate the atmosphere in the lounge.

What a shame.

Very clinical.

That is really disappointing.

Eventually we got there and the moment we got to the BC it stopped raining.

Isn't that typical.

That is one of the shirts I got at the Columbia outlet store. Plus @Pinkocto that is my phone bag I was saying about.

They are both very nice.

Jo started with a cheese toasted sandwich and tomato soup

That is my ultimate comfort food.

She was trying to decide between that and the No way Jose.

The No way Jose is he main reason why I want to go there.

image-jpeg.201426

That does look yummy.

But Jo spotted an ice cream that does did not contain cream so I had the low fat chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

How nice that they had some ice cream you could have.

Mostly soft serve has just milk and no cream which I can have.

I never knew that.

I can have sorbet also.

Sorbet is lovely when it is hot.

I did not mean to say we checked out of SSR earlier. Getting mixed up on days!

I was wondering about this, but figured that you may have moved closer to the port.

Corinna

Oh my ! You are such an entertaining writer and have the most joyous attitude about everything. The pic of Huey in his basket , followed by the pumpkin in the basket is just a hoot and a half !!! Really looking forward to the rest of your TR.

thank you so much for your flattering words! I am glad to have you join us on our journey. It is fun to recall it all once more!

That would be a definite know. Graham is allergic to chocolate and I am allergic to bananas so the kitchen sink would do both of us in. It looks like the mini kitchen sink would be safe for me and it does look cute.

That is the problem that I tend to have with the Food and Wine Festival. All the kiosks are so tempting and then I don't want a proper meal.

Oh, I would have liked that.

What a shame.

That is really disappointing.

Isn't that typical.

They are both very nice.

That is my ultimate comfort food.

The No way Jose is he main reason why I want to go there.

That does look yummy.

How nice that they had some ice cream you could have.

I never knew that.

Sorbet is lovely when it is hot.

I was wondering about this, but figured that you may have moved closer to the port.

Corinna

Thank you Corinna. Oh my re the kitchen sink not a great idea with both of your food allegies! The mini pants it is.

The no way Jose would also be my choice if I could. That looks good.

Jo says the cheese toastie and tom soup is amazing there. Perfect before a good sized dessert.

Thank you for reading!

I've always wanted to try Beaches and Cream. I bet my family could devour the kitchen sink or at lease have fun trying. So glad they had something you could enjoy.

Hi Polly,

Phew, finally caught up! Not sure why the watch thread isn't working!

Looking forward to reading along some more, and seeing Minnie again :rolleyes: and our beloved Castaway Cay.

Claire xx

Thanks Claire! Minnie is coming up... See her antics shortly..

I've always wanted to try Beaches and Cream. I bet my family could devour the kitchen sink or at lease have fun trying. So glad they had something you could enjoy.

Thank you. I think you need to book an ADR for that sink on your next visit. Doctors orders!

Polly, thanks for the honest review on the DVC lounge! I am sure we will go there as Michael loves nothing more than gettin free soda. He has been a regular at WDW for a very long time and in the olden times they used to tell people (and even advertised it as such), that the resort mugs were good for ever and he has a full collection of those mugs. So, he can be a bit special about the new mugs with the chips and enjoys finding out ways on how to steal soda from Disney. :sad2: So, those Coke Freestyle machines will certainly warm his heart as he really likes them and they will get him free Disney soda. I guess we will make plenty of stops there to enable his soda stealing habit (without me having any reason to tell him off for it). :rolleyes1 Good to know that we should not expect much else of the place. Do they let you take the drinks with you when you leave the lounge?

I am also glad that you cleared up the the checking out! I was wondering if you were moving to a hotel at Port Canaveral maybe...

Looks like you had a wonderful meal at B&C! And how wonderful that they were able to get you ice cream that you can eat! And I have never heard of a sorbet that contains cream!! My sister has an intolerance towards cow milk products and therefore loves good sorbets. I think she has mentioned that she has come across some that were not dairy free (which they always should be), but cream is even more crazy!

Polly, thanks for the honest review on the DVC lounge! I am sure we will go there as Michael loves nothing more than gettin free soda. He has been a regular at WDW for a very long time and in the olden times they used to tell people (and even advertised it as such), that the resort mugs were good for ever and he has a full collection of those mugs. So, he can be a bit special about the new mugs with the chips and enjoys finding out ways on how to steal soda from Disney. :sad2: So, those Coke Freestyle machines will certainly warm his heart as he really likes them and they will get him free Disney soda. I guess we will make plenty of stops there to enable his soda stealing habit (without me having any reason to tell him off for it). :rolleyes1 Good to know that we should not expect much else of the place. Do they let you take the drinks with you when you leave the lounge?

I am also glad that you cleared up the the checking out! I was wondering if you were moving to a hotel at Port Canaveral maybe...

Looks like you had a wonderful meal at B&C! And how wonderful that they were able to get you ice cream that you can eat! And I have never heard of a sorbet that contains cream!! My sister has an intolerance towards cow milk products and therefore loves good sorbets. I think she has mentioned that she has come across some that were not dairy free (which they always should be), but cream is even more crazy!

Thank you for reading. I am sure Michael could fill his mug from the DVC machines. Jo took her drink out. Don't forget club cool has drinks you can try for free too!

Oh yes those lovely old mugs. We had Disney Landings ones!

I can tell you after that so called sorbet I was very ill. From now I check with the server. When I asked in Palo the server said this had happened to him also. Your sister I bet needs to check also.

Since it is only an intolerance, it is not so bad for her. It mainly causes her nose to swell like if she had a cold. And it can trigger headaches for her. But her issues really opened my eyes as to what it means if you cannot eat certain foods. For her it is cow milk and tomatoes and anything else with a lot of acidity. Most Italian food is quite out of the question for her as it seems to be either cream or tomato based sauces. During our first Disney trip she was so happy that she could go to all the restaurants and now that they would be wonderful in making substitutions for her as she needed them. Here in Germany most restaurants are not at all that accomodating. You eat what is on the menu. That's it.

Day 7

Friday September 23rd

The day had finally arrived. Today we board the Disney Dream for the first leg of a back to back 7 night in total cruise. The first leg was 3 nights....

image.jpeg

We got our usual first and second breakfast. Then had showers and made pretty. Well Jo was I was my usual self but clean! We could not wait to get on the road. Sadly our satnav had given up the ghost a couple of days ago so we had got a new one in Walmart. Jo was just fiddling with it and I was giving her a Paddington stare. This means a very firm attentive stare for those non Brits not familiar with the stories of cute little Paddington Bear. I wanted to hit that road!

Soon she declared the satnav road worthy and we left the room double checking the usual places you leave items. The safe being a real gotcha. Things like to lurk in corners.

We were soon on our way to Port Canaveral. It was a pleasant day so far. This cruise was conceirge all the way so we had no port arrival time booked. We can go onto the ship as soon as it is declared cleared. We wanted to make full use of that.

No issues on the way down. It's not the most exciting journey. We had to drop off the car to the depot as no point paying rental and parking for a week of no use. We did stop on the way for rest room breaks and drinks.

Then she appeared in the distance....

image.jpeg

What a sight. It makes her heart skip a beat.

There was some confusion for us as to where the Alamo car drop off was. Eventually we found it with the help of a guy at the port. It would be easy to find in future now. This was the first time we had dropped off a car before the cruise and picked one up after. It was super easy. We will do this again to save tons of cash.

We got the Alamo shuttle back to the port. It dropped us off right by The Dream. Soon we were into the terminal as security was easy. This time I had made sure I had no rogue items in my bag...

We were then into the Terminal which at that time was quite empty. We we through and sat in the Conceirge lounge which is at the front of the terminal. Jo relaxed.. Until she sees what comes out of my rollator bag..

image.jpeg

Oh yes she is coming onboard folks!

Soon The Dream was was cleared and we boarded. We got a photo as the next leg you don't get one. I learnt this from Alison's TR! I haven't been able to get Jo to scan that in yet.

We went to the conceirge lounge on deck 12 to meet the fellow guests and hosts. Also to submit any requests or changes. The lounge is nice. They had snacks and drinks for us. Jo had a pastry and a glass of champagne.... Oh poor Jo look who joined us. Slow mo ...Polllyyyyyyy Noooooo.....not in concierge....

image.jpeg

The hosts were lovely! They introduced themselves. Ashley from India, Tracey from Australia and Angelina from South Africa.

After this we went up to Cabanas to have lunch. Oh how we love this buffet. Jo kindly found me a place to sit out of harms way and went to get me and her a plate of food. She knows what I like...

image.jpeg

Whilst I waited for Jo I like to people watch. People think it sad that as an adult I self studied 6 long years in addition to my job to do a Psychology degree to go into this field of work but just as I graduated my health turned and I never got to live that dream. However I did not waste my time. I enjoyed it very much and use that knowledge every day. I saw a mother leaving a child with a family member and then saw the child go loopy hugging the the mother who returned. Ainsworth has an attachment theory based all on this reaction... Well it is based on leaving a small child with a stranger and then when the mother returns it is determined what attachment type the child is based on this reaction. The mother looked super stressed. I felt like saying I would not fret. According to Ainsworth it's the child that ignores you that you have to worry about!

Minnie had joined us...

image.jpeg

When we had finished we checked out the Eye Scream station which is the self serve soft ice cream machine on the deck. Just to see if it was up to the usual standard. We were pleased to find it was and smooth as silk. Today they had chocolate or vanilla or a twist which is nice. I was hoping for banana and strawberry tomorrow. I love that best. I had vanilla and Jo had a twist.

Then we decided to go see our new home. A one bed suite. I know right. What! This started as an inside on The Magic. Cancelled due to ill health, then moved to an Ocean view on a Christmas cruise. Cancelled due to ill health. No more more bets please....all on black...roll the dice... Hey presto a one bed suite off season this year. We booked this to join up with the 4 night we had already booked for September 26th for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Our anniversary was actually earlier in the year in Feb but guess where I was! The super deluxe resort Basildon hospital and spa...

To be continued ...next up the one bed suite, Muster drill and DVC meeting.

Last edited:
Since it is only an intolerance, it is not so bad for her. It mainly causes her nose to swell like if she had a cold. And it can trigger headaches for her. But her issues really opened my eyes as to what it means if you cannot eat certain foods. For her it is cow milk and tomatoes and anything else with a lot of acidity. Most Italian food is quite out of the question for her as it seems to be either cream or tomato based sauces. During our first Disney trip she was so happy that she could go to all the restaurants and now that they would be wonderful in making substitutions for her as she needed them. Here in Germany most restaurants are not at all that accomodating. You eat what is on the menu. That's it.

I am so pleased for your sister that she gets what she likes when you travel to Disney. Same deal here in the UK. They are not as willing to adapt. It is a ridiculous in this day and age!

I love the cover on the cruise documents.

Sadly our satnav had given up the ghost a couple of days ago so we had got a new one in Walmart.

What a pain. I am glad that you managed to get a new one.

I wanted to hit that road!

I am with you on this. When embarkation day has finally come, I just want to get on the ship.

This cruise was conceirge all the way so we had no port arrival time booked. We can go onto the ship as soon as it is declared cleared.

That is a nice perk to have.

I love that first look at the ship.

We got the Alamo shuttle back to the port. It dropped us off right by The Dream.

That worked out perfectly.

We got a photo as the next leg you don't get one.

That is a shame.

We went to the conceirge lounge on deck 12 to meet the fellow guests and hosts. Also to submit any requests or changes. The lounge is nice. They had snacks and drinks for us. Jo had a pastry and a glass of champagne.

What a nice way to start a cruise.

People think it sad that as an adult I self studied 6 long years in addition to my job to do a Psychology degree to go into this field of work but just as I graduated my health turned and I never got to live that dream.

It is a shame that you were not able to make a career out of it, but I think the studying itself was an achievement, but then again I love studying and learning.

A one bed suite. I know right. What! This started as an inside on The Magic.

That is a bit of a change.

Our anniversary was actually earlier in the year in Feb but guess where I was! The super deluxe resort Basildon hospital and spa...

What a shame that you were in hospital for your anniversary.

Corinna

I love the cover on the cruise documents.

What a pain. I am glad that you managed to get a new one.

I am with you on this. When embarkation day has finally come, I just want to get on the ship.

That is a nice perk to have.

I love that first look at the ship.

That worked out perfectly.

That is a shame.

What a nice way to start a cruise.

It is a shame that you were not able to make a career out of it, but I think the studying itself was an achievement, but then again I love studying and learning.

That is a bit of a change.

What a shame that you were in hospital for your anniversary.

Corinna

Thank you for your kind comments Corinna!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter