**April 6, 2013** - Fantasy Eastern Caribbean to San Juan!

Hello and welcome to all our new cruisers! I'm so excited you're on our cruise and want to participate in the FE. hoppin62, if you want to organize the FE, that's fine with me. I've only ever participated in one, never organized it so maybe you should take the helm... I can definitely help though!

Enjoy your weekends and the Super Bowl everyone!:happytv:

Hello and welcome to all our new cruisers! I'm so excited you're on our cruise and want to participate in the FE. hoppin62, if you want to organize the FE, that's fine with me. I've only ever participated in one, never organized it so maybe you should take the helm... I can definitely help though!

Enjoy your weekends and the Super Bowl everyone!:happytv:

OK.....
I have started a spreadsheet and will update as more info comes along.
You can post info on here or send me a private message with your info.
Here is what I will need from anyone who wants to participate:

Screen name
People in your room (names are optional, or you can use DH, DW, DMom, DD, DS, etc)
Ages of kids
Room number
Family name (optional)

Here is the link to the spreadsheet... You can also find it in my signature! :cool1:

Disney Fantasy Cruise FE List 4/6/2013

I am super excited that we will be joining all of you on this cruise!!! We have been watching the price for a while and finally booked it today!!

It will be myself, DH, and our two DD's. Our oldest will be 10 and our little one will be 3. We are from Marietta also.

We are DVC members, but this will be our first Disney cruise. :rolleyes1

I would love to participate in the FE, but due to the layout of the concierge staterooms, I think we will have to pass.

I can't wait to read some reports and see some videos of the ship when she finally starts sailing!

I am super excited that we will be joining all of you on this cruise!!! We have been watching the price for a while and finally booked it today!!

It will be myself, DH, and our two DD's. Our oldest will be 10 and our little one will be 3. We are from Marietta also.

I would love to participate in the FE, but due to the layout of the concierge staterooms, I think we will have to pass.

I can't wait to read some reports and see some videos of the ship when she finally starts sailing!

Welcome aboard! :goodvibes ... are the concierge staterooms not accessible unless you have a card for that level?

Welcome..:goodvibes The concierge rooms are just as easy to deliver as any other room so do not let that sway you. ( We had 2 people in Concierge on my last Dream cruise.) I keep going back and forth on wether or not to upgrade to Concierge because the price is so low however, I am very happy with the cabin that I have chosen and will probably stay. :-)

Hmm, if people have done FE's with concierge, then maybe we'll have to add it. I was just worried about the gates being there.

My oldest has been asking to go on a Disney cruise since her first cruise at 4!! DH told her then that he wouldn't go on a Disney cruise until they had new ships, then his excuse was that it was too expensive all the time.

This time, he didn't really stand a chance. :lmao:

We haven't told the girls yet. We were originally booked on another cruise line for that week, but I cancelled it when we booked this one, so we can continue to talk about cruising around them. Also, Disney is a daily topic of conversation in our house, so it's nothing new that we are looking at and discussing it.

I would just like to get them through our next two WDW trips without them thinking we are going on a cruise.

OK, confession time....

I'm having a REALLY hard time justifying the cost of this Fantasy cruise for me and my son. Being a single mom, budgeting is everything to me. And I'm just wondering from those that have done a Disney cruise before, is it really worth the cost of what DCL is asking?? :confused3 I haven't cruised Disney in over 10 years, and it was the shorter 4-night cruise on the Disney Wonder. I remember it being a nice cruise then, but I can't recall if it was out of this world, worth so much more money.

I guess I was ok, until I started shopping around and looking at other cruises during this same week and for the most part, I can take a 7-night cruise on any other cruise line, and it'll cost close to half of what the Fantasy is costing, for the same cabin category. :scared1: I was really shocked by this. Don't get me wrong - I really want to cruise the Fantasy, but WOW, I'm having sticker shock right now. :confused:

OK, confession time....

I'm having a REALLY hard time justifying the cost of this Fantasy cruise for me and my son. Being a single mom, budgeting is everything to me. And I'm just wondering from those that have done a Disney cruise before, is it really worth the cost of what DCL is asking?? :confused3 I haven't cruised Disney in over 10 years, and it was the shorter 4-night cruise on the Disney Wonder. I remember it being a nice cruise then, but I can't recall if it was out of this world, worth so much more money.

I guess I was ok, until I started shopping around and looking at other cruises during this same week and for the most part, I can take a 7-night cruise on any other cruise line, and it'll cost close to half of what the Fantasy is costing, for the same cabin category. :scared1: I was really shocked by this. Don't get me wrong - I really want to cruise the Fantasy, but WOW, I'm having sticker shock right now. :confused:

I had sticker shock on my first Disney cruise last year too.. Then I went on the Dream and loved it so much that you could have charged me double and I would gladly have paid it. :lmao: Everything about the Dream was pure magic for our family. I had looked at other cruise lines as well and while Disney does charge more, I am beyond thrilled with what they offered that others do not. (Not to say that there are not other great lines but the one other one I had considered, (Oasis of the Seas) is also costly and I felt that I would wait till my son was older to go on that ship.) If it helps at all, My August 2013 Fantasy cruise was $1400.00 more than our April cruise. I could have had concierge on our cruise for $200.00 more than I was going to pay for August. As soon as I knew my sons Spring Break schedule I changed. (And ended up saving a lot of money.) And also know that you have 11 months to pay for it since you are on a budget..:cool1:

OK, confession time....

Disney cruise line has made our cruises magical for our children! We were a bit scared our first time around, thinking it was way overpriced as we could have gone on other cruises for about half the price.. but being that we were doing it mostly for the kids we figured we couldn't go wrong with Disney.... needless to say we are now going on our third! It is a bit expensive, but we do not regret any of it! ;) It was the best choice for the kids, there is so much to do on board. 7 nights is about what you really need on the ship to experience just about all that it has to offer.
Just like robin19871 said, you have a year to pay for it.. you can save it all up or make payments as you go. I just booked our cruise last week with $1200 down and they gave us until January 26 to pay it off (this was for a party of 5, your down might be less).

Hope this helps! pirate:

Oh... also forgot to mention that you can bring aboard your own alcohol! :banana:

You all are so right! I know if I went with another cruise line, I'd feel like I'm settling on that line, just because it was cheaper. The one I really want to go on is the Fantasy, and I need to start doing what I want to do! :goodvibes Right now I'm booked in a balcony cabin and I thought about changing to an inside cabin, to save some money. But I can't stand inside cabins! Even with the virtual portholes on the Fantasy, it's still an inside cabin.

I'm going to stick with my decision to sail the Fantasy and use the year we have left to pay it off. My son is willing to do whatever, so its really me being the indecisive one. Can you believe that?! :rotfl:

You all are so right! I know if I went with another cruise line, I'd feel like I'm settling on that line, just because it was cheaper. The one I really want to go on is the Fantasy, and I need to start doing what I want to do! :goodvibes Right now I'm booked in a balcony cabin and I thought about changing to an inside cabin, to save some money. But I can't stand inside cabins! Even with the virtual portholes on the Fantasy, it's still an inside cabin.

I'm going to stick with my decision to sail the Fantasy and use the year we have left to pay it off. My son is willing to do whatever, so its really me being the indecisive one. Can you believe that?! :rotfl:

Good decision! :thumbsup2

Hello all, I was getting so excited for THIS cruise that I kind of lost fact that I will be at WDW in 8 weeks...This will be my 4th Spring break straight and I am still trying new things every year..
This year is:
The Hoop De Doo
Wishes Dessert Party
Sci Fi
And DTD (I know, But we are usually so Gung Ho in the parks that we never make it..(Plus we are going to Disney Quest for the first time..)
I have something to look forward to soon.. :goodvibes Any input? (Except for Sci Fi's food.) I have heard burgers were the way to go there.. LOL We are strictly there for the ambience...:cool1:

Hello everyone! It's been pretty quiet around here, so figured I would post and see how everyone is doing.

I've been busy planning and getting ready for our upcoming cruise in March, which is why I haven't been on these boards much. We leave is 39 days and counting! :cool1: I'm so ready for a vacation. :yay:

Here is an updated meet list so far. And welcome to "MissLiz" and family! :goodvibes

PoeticMoe - DMom (me!), DS(12)
mjruane - DW, DH, DS(13), DS(10)
mummy lee - DMom, DS(15), DD(12)
Katie81 - DW, DH, DD(6), DS(2)
robin19871 - DW, DH, DS(13)
hoppin62 - DH, DW, DD(13/14), DD(9), DD(9)
MissLiz - DW, DH, DD(10), DD(3)

:dance3:

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I have to keep reminding myself that we have two WDW trips to get planned before we go on this cruise. :laughing:

We are trying out Vero Beach over Memorial Day weekend before heading up to WDW. It will be a nice little break right after school gets out.

We are actually trying a couple new restaurants at WDW this trip. We are going to Cape May Cafe for dinner since we are staying at Beach Club Villas and then we are also going to try 1900 Park Fare for dinner. We've been to 1900 for breakfast and really enjoyed it, so we are going to try dinner.

We have not told our girls that we are going on this cruise yet. I can't wait until they find out!! Every time we watch videos of Disney cruises or see the commercials, both of them start talking about how much they want to go on one.

DD9 has been asking to go on a Disney cruise since we took her on our first cruise 6 years ago. DH told her then that he wouldn't go on a Disney cruise until they had new ships. I think he thought she would forget by then.

We are looking at this date as well, just waiting on school calendar info. If we can do it, it will be our twins 11th birthday the third day on the cruise! Can't wait to book. I would also like to participate in the FE.

I received my "Welcome Back" cruise confirmation in the mail last week for our April 2013 cruise.. So those of you that are keeping it a surprise for your kids be sure that they do not check the mail.. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I have to keep reminding myself that we have two WDW trips to get planned before we go on this cruise. :laughing:

We are trying out Vero Beach over Memorial Day weekend before heading up to WDW. It will be a nice little break right after school gets out.

We are actually trying a couple new restaurants at WDW this trip. We are going to Cape May Cafe for dinner since we are staying at Beach Club Villas and then we are also going to try 1900 Park Fare for dinner. We've been to 1900 for breakfast and really enjoyed it, so we are going to try dinner.

We have not told our girls that we are going on this cruise yet. I can't wait until they find out!! Every time we watch videos of Disney cruises or see the commercials, both of them start talking about how much they want to go on one.

DD9 has been asking to go on a Disney cruise since we took her on our first cruise 6 years ago. DH told her then that he wouldn't go on a Disney cruise until they had new ships. I think he thought she would forget by then.
How exciting! Let us know when you tell them!

We are looking at this date as well, just waiting on school calendar info. If we can do it, it will be our twins 11th birthday the third day on the cruise! Can't wait to book. I would also like to participate in the FE.
Our twins will be 9 on the cruise! Let me know if you decide on this cruise and I will add you to the FE list!

I received my "Welcome Back" cruise confirmation in the mail last week for our April 2013 cruise.. So those of you that are keeping it a surprise for your kids be sure that they do not check the mail.. :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2 ... we have not received ours yet, I'm sure it will come soon! :)
Send me your info to update the FE list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter