April 28th Dream Bahamas Cruise

Did a little packing today. It's going to be interesting making all of our stuff fit in two carry-ons and a checked bag (empty as possible for souvenirs).

There are some threads just for FE gifts you could search through for some ideas. That's what I did to get ideas since I've never done this before :)

& of course always the procrastinator, I don't have any of them done yet - or our FEs themselves for that matter! Starting to hit panic mode. I've got all that to do, plus plan & get ready for our sons's birthday/party & my hubby's birthday. & to top it off, hubby is traveling for work the next two weeks, haha! I am going to be SO ready to relax & have fun by the 28th!!

Thanks, I looked at a few on google, I'll hit the threads a bit later Sunday.
Sunday is D-Day at this house. The girls are to start pulling out what they'd like to wear (Mom will sort that :)). Have an inkling what I want to do for FEs that shouldn't take more than a day or two. Of course that's constantly working on them. Fortunately my girls are rather self sufficient. We'll be celebrating hubbies 50th B-Day on this cruise he's a Cinco de Mayo baby. Central Maryland weather has been warming during the day, but the nights are still chilly. You'll love this !, went to a carnival today ! really weird to be at a carnival this early in the year, but hey, it was fun. Looking forward to little frosty drinks with umbrellas and someone waiting on me for a while. :woohoo:

There are some threads just for FE gifts you could search through for some ideas. That's what I did to get ideas since I've never done this before :)

& of course always the procrastinator, I don't have any of them done yet - or our FEs themselves for that matter! Starting to hit panic mode. I've got all that to do, plus plan & get ready for our sons's birthday/party & my hubby's birthday. & to top it off, hubby is traveling for work the next two weeks, haha! I am going to be SO ready to relax & have fun by the 28th!!

Did a little packing today. It's going to be interesting making all of our stuff fit in two carry-ons and a checked bag (empty as possible for souvenirs).

Do you always leave the ship when it gets to Nassau ? This is our 2nd cruise and I'm an RA sufferer. Thought about just staying onboard instead of taking the insane walk thru the Atlantis Hotel. Any suggestions for shopping sites for my 14 yr old daughter ? She thinks she wants to see more of town, I'm chicken to take her, thoughts ?

Do you always leave the ship when it gets to Nassau ? This is our 2nd cruise and I'm an RA sufferer. Thought about just staying onboard instead of taking the insane walk thru the Atlantis Hotel. Any suggestions for shopping sites for my 14 yr old daughter ? She thinks she wants to see more of town, I'm chicken to take her, thoughts ?

We normally stay on the ship in Nassau. We've been to the straw market and what not (once was enough for us). We have thought about walking over to Queens staircase and the fort, so we'll see when the time comes. If we stay on board we usually catch a movie, ride the aqua duck, relax, etc.

We just signed up to the Disboards and we are looking forward so much to sailing on the 28th. This is our second Disney cruise. It will be us and our 10 year old son.

We were thinking of walking to the Queens Staircase. Has anyone else walked there from the port alone? Is it safe? pirate:

We just signed up to the Disboards and we are looking forward so much to sailing on the 28th. This is our second Disney cruise. It will be us and our 10 year old son.

We were thinking of walking to the Queens Staircase. Has anyone else walked there from the port alone? Is it safe? pirate:

Welcome to disboards and welcome to the cruise!!

We have heard that many people have walked to Queen's Staircase, and we are thinking about it too. I'm not sure on the safety, but I'm guessing it will be safe enough for a group to walk.

A Sens fan???! Oh no, good thing there's no ice rink on the ship or you might have to ban me...sorry, just kidding! Couldn't resist! Hamm1207, i've always liked the Pens too! And i'm with you, DaPanMan, hope there's some hockey coverage onboard.

We're taking the jitney (bus) to the Sheraton ad using their beach. We've done the Atlantis Beach excursion a few times and it was good but expensive. The Sheraton will be about half the price. We've walked around the stores near the port many times and I always felt safe. Don't think we've gone to the Queen's Staircase but I've heard other people do this with no issues.

A Sens fan???! Oh no, good thing there's no ice rink on the ship or you might have to ban me...sorry, just kidding! Couldn't resist! Hamm1207, i've always liked the Pens too! And i'm with you, DaPanMan, hope there's some hockey coverage onboard.

I had to talk my youngest OUT of putting mini sticks in his suitcase. Or we would have had a tournament happening in the halls! They go everywhere with him. Told him this was a vacation and Mommy needed a break from all things hockey, so I will live with game updates.

Kids were glued to the computer yesterday watching the ships leave Port Canaveral. I think it made the whole thing more real for them.

Getting SO stinkin' excited!! FE's organized and ready for their bags this past weekend. Type A/crafty/Disney freak overload!!! :-). Weather finally warming up here in Kentucky which is making it much more real that we are getting close!!! Woohoo!

My son, who just finished his second year of bantam hockey, has finally outgrown mini stick hockey. Although he did play at one tournament this year. I think he understands it might not be the best when he tends to break them everytime he goes to shoot thinking he can flex it like his real stick. :rotfl2:

I don't know if my wife and I'll will make the initial meet. The DVC welcome aboard celebration goes from 2:30 - 3:30 and my wife would like to win the onboard credit. ::yes:: Looking at some past Navigators, that looks like the time it will be held in either D lounge or Evolution.

The rain has started here in Michigan and my exams are coming quickly. Trying to stay focues but so hard when the :beach: is less than 3 weeks away!!!!!

Pete

My son, who just finished his second year of bantam hockey, has finally outgrown mini stick hockey. Although he did play at one tournament this year. I think he understands it might not be the best when he tends to break them everytime he goes to shoot thinking he can flex it like his real stick. :rotfl2:

I don't know if my wife and I'll will make the initial meet. The DVC welcome aboard celebration goes from 2:30 - 3:30 and my wife would like to win the onboard credit. ::yes:: Looking at some past Navigators, that looks like the time it will be held in either D lounge or Evolution.

The rain has started here in Michigan and my exams are coming quickly. Trying to stay focues but so hard when the :beach: is less than 3 weeks away!!!!!

Pete

We'rebrand new to DVC, so we'll be dropping by the DVC meet.

We're supposed to get another 8-14" of snow today!

Please let me know if you can still access the FE list. I changed the privacy settings so that no one else can edit it, but everyone should still be able to look at the list.

I'm not able to see the FE list. It takes me to google docs and then says I need to request access. Working on the FEs!! We're really excited!
I have two birthdays in my group. My twins, Walker & Stella will be turning 7. I know Mddog also has a birthday in her group as her husband is celebrating his birthday.
Regarding food, my son is a really picky eater and is eating a lot of PB&J these days. Are we able to order that in the dining rooms?

Who all is celebrating birthdays while cruising?

Looks like there are lots of birthdays coming up, can't think of a better way to celebrate than on a Disney Cruise or at Disney World!!

DH's birthday is the day after we get off Dream so we'll celebrate his actual birthday at Magic Kingdom.

Our weather is unseasonably cold with no real end in sight so we're looking very forward to the warm Florida sun in a few weeks!

Hey there- I requested access to the FE list to make sure I have the final count.

Hey there- I requested access to the FE list to make sure I have the final count.

I accepted your request! I am so sorry about locking everyone out! I'm still learning google drive--my intent was so everyone could view but not edit. I'll look into it tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter