April 28th Dream Bahamas Cruise

Anyone else ready to set sail and leave the world behind for a few days?! The FE gifts are sorted and ready to pack, and I've got a few stacks of other cruise items ready to pack. Spring is here in Anchorage, and the sniffles and colds are coming in. I sure hope to kick it before we set sail!

I am so ready!! I have caught a cold. :( But thank goodnes i have it now and not right before the cruise or while on the cruise.

I'm new to the board (a friend sent it to me today) but we're excited for our first Disney cruise and my daughter's first cruise ever. My name is Tracey and my husband is Rob. Our daughter, Megan is 4.

-Tracey
:wave2:

I am so ready!! I have caught a cold. :( But thank goodnes i have it now and not right before the cruise or while on the cruise.

I know how you feel. I too have caught a cold and even though I wish I didn't have one at all I am glad it happened now and not closer to our trip. :sick:

We leave 3 weeks tomorrow and DW(LuvGoldens) and I are SO looking forward to our first Disney Cruise!

My DW has posted in this thread but this is my first. Greetings all!

JD

Getting more excited now that Easter for 23 peeps is over. Just picked up some new cruise clothes for my girls (14 and 9). Looking forward to warm air, Maryland hasn't shaken winter off too well !

I'm still looking for ideas for the swaps. Any hints at this late stage of the game? We sail in 23 days...

There are some threads just for FE gifts you could search through for some ideas. That's what I did to get ideas since I've never done this before :)

& of course always the procrastinator, I don't have any of them done yet - or our FEs themselves for that matter! Starting to hit panic mode. I've got all that to do, plus plan & get ready for our sons's birthday/party & my hubby's birthday. & to top it off, hubby is traveling for work the next two weeks, haha! I am going to be SO ready to relax & have fun by the 28th!!

Hi,
Sorry to be joining so late! I will be on this cruise with my dd18, D'Souza20 and ds's best friend 21. This is the 10th DCL cruise for dd and myself; ds has a bit of catching up to do due to summer jobs that prevented him from coming along. This is his friend's first cruise.

Reading all the posts, you all seem like an exceptional group of lovely people! Some of the posts were so touching!

DD and I will be coming from Allure of the Seas. Although we are devoted DCL fans, we thought we'd try Allure just out of curiosity. We're flying from Miami to Orlando on the Sunday, meeting the boys at MCO (my son has exams so couldn't come with us on Allure and they both wanted to be available for summer jobs for the beginning of May so we could only squeeze in one cruise for him...can you see my guilt re my son not coming with us with this long explanation?!!!) and then the 4 of us will take the Disney bus to the port. Allure looks like it will be an awesome experience but we still love Disney!

AEIceDog, my mother-in-law lives in Flesherton and my sister-in-law and her hubby live in Markdale, all in Bruce County! I know what you mean about the snow, you guys really got walloped this year! But all of us will soon be relaxing on the white sands in front of the turquoise water with a nice cool drink with a pretty little umbrella in it!

Forgot to mention that we're from Brampton, Ontario, just outside of Toronto.

And I'm a long suffering Toronto Maple Leafs fan so definitely Go Leafs Go! I'm cheering for the Toronto Blue Jays too now that it's baseball time.

And I'm a long suffering Toronto Maple Leafs fan so definitely Go Leafs Go! I'm cheering for the Toronto Blue Jays too now that it's baseball time.

We are doing the Happy Cruise dance here in Eastern Canada!!!! No baseball around here snowing this morning.

I started packing yesterday as we are hitting the road on Wednesday. We are taking the long way down with trailer in tow ending up in fort wilderness. Funny story ...we are taking dd clothes with us as she is flying into Orlando after uni exams on the 25th and we were laughing as all she is bringing with her is a backpack with bras and panties the custom guys may wonder what she's up too...:beach:.

Hi,
Sorry to be joining so late! I will be on this cruise with my dd18, D'Souza20 and ds's best friend 21. This is the 10th DCL cruise for dd and myself; ds has a bit of catching up to do due to summer jobs that prevented him from coming along. This is his friend's first cruise.

Reading all the posts, you all seem like an exceptional group of lovely people! Some of the posts were so touching!

DD and I will be coming from Allure of the Seas. Although we are devoted DCL fans, we thought we'd try Allure just out of curiosity. We're flying from Miami to Orlando on the Sunday, meeting the boys at MCO (my son has exams so couldn't come with us on Allure and they both wanted to be available for summer jobs for the beginning of May so we could only squeeze in one cruise for him...can you see my guilt re my son not coming with us with this long explanation?!!!) and then the 4 of us will take the Disney bus to the port. Allure looks like it will be an awesome experience but we still love Disney!

AEIceDog, my mother-in-law lives in Flesherton and my sister-in-law and her hubby live in Markdale, all in Bruce County! I know what you mean about the snow, you guys really got walloped this year! But all of us will soon be relaxing on the white sands in front of the turquoise water with a nice cool drink with a pretty little umbrella in it!

We are finally seeing signs that spring might actually come this year, forecast for next five days is above freezing and rain. Kids are getting super excited, it's all pirates around here!

Kelly goes to the School for the Blind in Brantford, everyone always mixes it up with Brampton.

We live in Chesley, Kids play for the Arran-Elderslie IceDogs and we bleed black, red and gold around here... the Leafs? Seriously?? Go SENS GO! :hyper::woohoo: (and then there's the OHL action, when Bears Attack!)

According to my kids countdown calendar we are down to 22 days which means we are down to less than 20 days before we cross the border!:yay:

Welcome to the cruise everyone who has just joined us!

Lynda---go leafs! We are pens fans (born and raised in Pittsburgh) but I also like the leafs.

Alaska is laughing at us as it has been in the upper 30s/low 40s (F) and today the snow is coming down! My husband just took his studded tires off his jeep two days ago! At least the snow is pretty.

Don't forget that we are meeting at 687 on embarkation day at 3:30---before the safety drill. Please correct me I got the time wrong-I know we discussed it earlier in the thread.

Uh oh, what's going to happen when Pens fans and Leafs fans meet a Wings fan?!?! Hoping they show a little hockey in one of the pubs.

Here in Michigan, it's finally warming up, but the wind still has a bit of a bite to it.

I have finals next week, trying not to over look them, but it's so hard with the cruise looming. My wife is in huge anticipation mode right now. Gonna have to get started on door magnets and packing after I finish the term.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!! ::yes::

There are some threads just for FE gifts you could search through for some ideas. That's what I did to get ideas since I've never done this before :)

& of course always the procrastinator, I don't have any of them done yet - or our FEs themselves for that matter! Starting to hit panic mode. I've got all that to do, plus plan & get ready for our sons's birthday/party & my hubby's birthday. & to top it off, hubby is traveling for work the next two weeks, haha! I am going to be SO ready to relax & have fun by the 28th!!

Me too!!! I started off really good. Now I'm starting to hit panic mode as well. arghhh!!!

Anyone been dreamin about the Dream by watching portcanaveralwebcam.com?

Thank you so much for posting the link! My kids are super excited to see the port. I also am enjoying the sunshine and blue skies, it has become overcast here!

Doing laundry and packing today! The last week before we leave is going to be crazy, I am terrified I will forget something.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter