April 28th Dream Bahamas Cruise

The lanyards arrived today! Now all i need to do is print the name badges! Only 17 days until we set sail!!!!

FE's finished and packed, however I did request access to the list to double check. Packing list is getting shorter and shorter!

Off to the travel agent to pick up our docs in half an hour! :cool1::yay::cheer2:

The Birthday Boy can barely contain himself, 21 is a big deal, add Mickey and it is unbelievable!party:

Any last minute tips for the newby?

:beach:

Hi,

I know that we're late to the game to get in on the Fish Extenders list but is it okay if we bring items to share with the group? I think that my daughter would get a kick out of it and I might bring some items to sneak into one that we hang up so that she can enjoy.

-Tracey

Hi,

I know that we're late to the game to get in on the Fish Extenders list but is it okay if we bring items to share with the group? I think that my daughter would get a kick out of it and I might bring some items to sneak into one that we hang up so that she can enjoy.

-Tracey

Sure! Just post the info here and anyone with extras will do what they can!

I also need to know the final count. Looking for typical Dutch things for you guys...

April 30th our Queen Beatrix will abdicate the throne to her son, see internet (cannot post links yet) ,so we will miss the big party in the Netherlands, so don't be surprised if you see us wearing al kind of orange things that day.....

Temperature now in the 40's... Snow finally has gone

Meta

Okay just got an email back from DCL with a feq q & a's.

Our cruise director is scheduled to be Natalie Bailey. I can't recall having her as Cruise or Assistant Cruise Director so I do not know what she is like. Currently the following movies are being shown on the Dream;

1. The Avengers
2. Frankenweenie
3. Brave (2D & 3D)
4. Wreck-It-Ralph
5. The Odd Life of Timothy Green
6. Lincoln
7. Finding Nemo (3D)
8. Oz the Great and Powerful

Clint

Our cruise director is scheduled to be Natalie Bailey. I can't recall having her as Cruise or Assistant Cruise Director so I do not know what she is like. Currently the following movies are being shown on the Dream;

1. The Avengers
2. Frankenweenie
3. Brave (2D & 3D)
4. Wreck-It-Ralph
6. Lincoln
7. Finding Nemo (3D)

Clint

Hello CLint,

Can you also find out who our captain is?

Thanks,
Meta

The ships start leaving, I believe, around 4:30 pm local time, EST. The Disney ships are the last to depart on Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday between 4:45 and 5:00 pm EST.

1. The Avengers
2. Frankenweenie
3. Brave (2D & 3D)
4. Wreck-It-Ralph
6. Lincoln
7. Finding Nemo (3D)

Clint

Thanks for posting this.

3 words, Winter Storm Warning... We just gave our vehicle a tune up and changed the tires back so it would be ready for the trip!! 18 days?? Can I wait that long?? I never thought I would wish it would rain, guess I will be watching the web cam again tomorrow so I can see the sun!

3 words, Winter Storm Warning... We just gave our vehicle a tune up and changed the tires back so it would be ready for the trip!! 18 days?? Can I wait that long?? I never thought I would wish it would rain, guess I will be watching the web cam again tomorrow so I can see the sun!

Right there with you! We had temps in the upper 30s and low 40s last week; then, on Friday/Saturday we got a nice winter storm (only about a foot of snow) then we got another storm Monday/Tuesday (another foot or so) and we've got snow again tonight! My husband put his off roading tires back on his jeep--those mud tires don't go so well in the snow. Thankfully I still have my snow tires on my car. 16 days to go (15 for those on the east coast)!!

One final post for the night. I changed the FE list back to a public document--hopefully it'll work now.

We have had rain for days and days. Flood warnings abound here in mid-Michigan. I'm thankful for no more snow, just wish we could see the sun for more than a minute or 3.

For those who are interested in the webcam at Port Canaveral. If you are up early enough, or late enough, depending on where you are. The ships usually come in and dock around 6 - 6:30 am EST. The web cam doesn't move, but its nice to see the ships come in all lit up in the dark.

Time is moving so slow, and I know it'll speed up once the trip begins, anyone know a way to switch that around!?!?pixiedust:

I wish we could find a way to switch how fast time passes between pre-cruise and on the cruise too!

We have freezing rain and ice pellets coming down! I keep visualizing Castaway Cay to get me through it!

I just booked this cruise for my daughter and me. She is 9, but will be turning 10 on May 1. I saw there is another May 1 birthday onboard too!

I intended to book the 3 day before this one, but I was able to book the Ocean View GTY for less! Go figure? :confused3

We just got off the Magic last Saturday out of Galveston. We were on the 8 day Bahamas cruise and spent a day at WDW. That was a great cruise and a fun adventure.

This will be cruise #10 for me and #8 for Megan. We are leaving my DH and DS at home. My DS was not happy, but he gets to go to Youth camp and on a Mission trip to El Salvador with DH this summer, so it's fair. Although he said his 2 trips are to work and we are having fun. :)

I've never booked a cruise this close before. I am unpacked and all the laundry is done from last week, so packing should be a breeze.

I'm not telling Megan about this trip until the day we leave. She will totally know where we are going as soon as we get on I-95 South. :rotfl2:

I know it's too late to sign up for the FE Exchange. I have participated in FE exchanges on every cruise except one. I'll most likely bring stuff to hand out and if it's OK I will put my FE out.

I don't have a room number yet, but I'll add it when I get it.

I'm guessing I won't be receiving luggage tags and will need to get them at the port. Another new experience. :)

I just booked this cruise for my daughter and me. She is 9, but will be turning 10 on May 1. I saw there is another May 1 birthday onboard too!

I intended to book the 3 day before this one, but I was able to book the Ocean View GTY for less! Go figure? :confused3

We just got off the Magic last Saturday out of Galveston. We were on the 8 day Bahamas cruise and spent a day at WDW. That was a great cruise and a fun adventure.

This will be cruise #10 for me and #8 for Megan. We are leaving my DH and DS at home. My DS was not happy, but he gets to go to Youth camp and on a Mission trip to El Salvador with DH this summer, so it's fair. Although he said his 2 trips are to work and we are having fun. :)

I've never booked a cruise this close before. I am unpacked and all the laundry is done from last week, so packing should be a breeze.

I'm not telling Megan about this trip until the day we leave. She will totally know where we are going as soon as we get on I-95 South. :rotfl2:

I know it's too late to sign up for the FE Exchange. I have participated in FE exchanges on every cruise except one. I'll most likely bring stuff to hand out and if it's OK I will put my FE out.

I don't have a room number yet, but I'll add it when I get it.

I'm guessing I won't be receiving luggage tags and will need to get them at the port. Another new experience. :)

Welcome to the cruise!! You can never have to much cruising, and it looks like it will be a nice mommy/daughter cruise for you two!

Go ahead and put your names on the FE list, and those who have extra gifts will give you something. Please send me a PM with your first names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter