April 22, 2006 - 7-night Western!!!

:goodvibes I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!! By midnight, it will be the YEAR of our cruise! :banana: :cheer2: :bounce:

Just found this thread. I am very new to this board and to Disney Cruising. Have been reading your messages, not up on all of the abbreviations...
I am sailing with my husband, son (11) and daughter (7). This will be our 10 year Ann. Cruise. We are very excited. If anyone has any helpful tips on excursions, shows or onboard activities, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Amber

:wave2:

roweans said:
Just found this thread. I am very new to this board and to Disney Cruising. Have been reading your messages, not up on all of the abbreviations...
I am sailing with my husband, son (11) and daughter (7). This will be our 10 year Ann. Cruise. We are very excited. If anyone has any helpful tips on excursions, shows or onboard activities, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Amber

:wave2:

Welcome Amber and family!! My DS (6) and I are sailing too! I can't wait... (as if you couldn't tell by the fact that I'm practically the ONLY one posting on this thread...) :flower:

The best advice I can give you is to read, read, read. Lots of great ideas on here!! I'm hoping my son will enjoy the clubs.... not sure which excursions we might do. Working on that now... I'll post ours when I have it all worked out. :banana:

Hi all ! :goodvibes
I'm sorry I could't come here for a long time.
We booked this cruise in July 2005,but we did't sure that we can get a vacation.
But now, we can go,go,go!! :wizard:
Oh but before that, I have to do one more important thing !
Hmm..have to pay the Trip expense :moped:

Hi Yumi :wave:

I'm so excited that the cruise is officially "on" for you and your hubby! How long is your flight to Orlando from Japan?

Hi Kimmielee !! :wave:

I think it'll take for about 18hrs. We usually use the Japan Airlines and AA.
So our flight plan is :: Tokyo(Narita) to Chicago and Chicago to Orlando.
How do you come to Orlando and how long will it take?

Much easier for us... we live about an hour north of the Detroit Metro Airport, so we usually stay at the hotel by the airport the night before since our flight leaves so early... flight is 2 hours and 15 minutes! We are usually at POFQ by 11:30 a.m.!! :banana:

The Chicago to Orlando flight is probably very similar to our flight... are you coming in early to go to Disney World before the cruise?

Oh you are here !!
It's very near to WDW ! I want to live there or Orlando...
By the way, we'll start our next vacation from on April 10th.
Maybe we'll meet at DTD or WDW parks !!

Where is everyone? :confused3

We are down to 92 days!!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :rolleyes1 Only 88 before DS and I leave for WDW!!! :moped:

What other families or couples are joining us??? :wave2:

My DH, DD(11) and I will be on this cruise as well. We are coming from New Hampshire the night before and staying at the Carribean Beach. I bet we'll see each other on the bus.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Disney Resort and taken the bus to the port before? I'm curious as to what time we'll arrive at the port.

This is our first Disney Cruise. I've done Disney World 4 times, my DD 3 times and my DH about 10+ times. He is a teacher and they go to Disney every 4 years. We are looking forward to trying out a different type of Disney expereience.

Exactly 3 months from today. WoHooo :hourglass

It is our first Disney cruise too! We are staying at POFQ for a few days prior to sailing. :sail:

I'm debating about using the Disney transportation to the port or having a town car pick us up... I want to be in control of the time we get to the port... I guess that's pretty silly... eh?

I'll try to go through the posts (although, most of them are MINE :bitelip: ) and try to come up with a roster of all of us so far...

Welcome!!! :sunny:

Cast:

Kelly - aka Keggy (28) and DH (27)

Yumi - aka Fantasia (29) and DH (28)

Kim - aka Kimmielee (44 - not liking this so far!) and DS (6) - Noah

? - CanadianBB (?) DW (?) and DD (10)

Amber - aka Rowean (?), DH (?) DS (11) and DD (7)

? - aka MHarring33 (?), DH (?) and DD (11)

Going with DH, DS, 8 year old GS & 10 year old Dgodd, plus another DS & DIL.

We are stayong at POFQ for one day. That is the day my DGS will turn 8, he is sooooooooooo excited

Sharon Samantha 10 (April 1) her birthday gift also :cheer2:
Bobby 8 :Pinkbounc

Hope we can start a chat group. Just did CCL & we had a great thread going

Hi To every one going 4/22/ 2006 :angel:

I've updated some of my information. (see below)

I"m wondering if anyone on this thread has stayed a WDW a night or 2 before cruising? My paperwork says, if you are a U.S. Citizen and you check in at the resort that you don't have to check in again at the port. I'm trying to verify this with DCL via e-mail but haven't heard back from them yet. If anyone has info. on this, it would be most helpful.

Also, we are looking at shore excursions for Grand Cayman or Cozumel, does anyone have any suggestions. It doesn't have to be a Disney excursion. We are looking for relaxation, with a bit of island browsing. We are not interested in tours.

Any insight would be helpful.

What catagory rooms does everyone have. We are a catagory 8 (deluxe oceanview).

Updated Cast:

Kelly - aka Keggy (28) and DH (27)

Yumi - aka Fantasia (29) and DH (28)

Kim - aka Kimmielee (44 - not liking this so far!) and DS (6) - Noah

? - CanadianBB (?) DW (?) and DD (10)

Amber - aka Rowean (?), DH (?) DS (11) and DD (7)

Mitch - aka MHarring33 (39), DH (40) and DD (11)

Sharon - aka Queen2 (?), DH (?), DS (?), DGS - Bobby (8), Dgodd (10), DS (?) and DIL (?) = Bobby's Birthday is April 21st! :bday:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Our thread comes to life!!!! :banana:

Ok, to answer what I can...

Mitch - I don't believe you can check in at the resort if you are not doing a Land/Sea combo. I read that in the Passporter.

I am torn on excursions... just doing the relaxing beach thing in Grand Cayman. I'm going to rush off at Key West long enough to ship a couple of Key Lime Pies back to my staff in Michigan.... and probably won't get off at Cozumel (been there, done that...). Of course, we'll enjoy Castaway Cay. If you don't have a Passporter, it's the BEST and lists the non-Disney excursions too.

Sharon - We are also staying at POFQ too! We are coming in on Tuesday. I made this trip into our "dream" vacation... :rolleyes1 What special thing do you have planned for Bobby's birthday?

We are staying in a Cat 6 verandah because I am hoping that Noah will nap during the mid day... and I can sit out there with a book and a yummy fruity alcholic beverage... and watch the world sail by! :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter