Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. icydog

icydog DIS Veteran

Thank you. I'm making offers on three Old Key West contracts and this information helps me a lot!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. JediPirate

JediPirate Earning My Ears

Yes Completely excited and was waiting for a done deal but we are now new DVC members!!!! Here's the details

Fidelity (Sharon)
    150 VWL (March) $53.33, 108 Banked 2012 points, Buyer pays closing, Seller pays 2012 MF

Offer sent and accepted 8/15
    Sent to Disney ROFR 8/21
    Passed ROFR 9/18

Can't wait to book our first reservation..... any help on how to do this before the cards come in would be appreciated :goodvibes
    pirate:

4. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

After following this thread for 3 years I am excited to post for the first time!

BWV 200 points, August use year, $55 per point, 108 2012 points, all 2013 points. Buyer pays closing costs and membership fees starting in 2013. Submitted 10/15

5. margitmouse

margitmouse Mouseketeer

Congratulations everyone!! I know I shouldn't be stalking this post, but I can't help myself!!! Submitted 9/18 so I know we're closing in on the deadline,I see results from that week starting to come through- but we're OKW so I'm on pins and needles :worried:

Happy to see people are getting their deals, some great great deals negotiated! ..... when I got OKW for 63pp in 2010 that was considered a great price, but look at some of these prices now, WOW! our current contract isn't loaded but I'll be happy if it becomes ours!!!!

6. kkmousealow

kkmousealow Earning My Ears

Wow! Great deal! Congrats :-)

7. kkmousealow

kkmousealow Earning My Ears

That is great! I love that you are already looking for the next contract ;-D

8. ninjagirl

ninjagirl Mouseketeer

No small add on just yet. That particular contract is set in their price due to them owing more on it. Looks like it'll sit there forever.

9. WILDERNESS FAN 55

WILDERNESS FAN 55 CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Paid $60 Received 170 2012 pts 170 for 2013 and beyond !

10. tjcat

tjcat DIS Veteran

I was looking on the old page not realizing you started #5! I'm glad to find all of you again:)

11. icydog

icydog DIS Veteran

I just sent faxed the paperwork into my brokers.. I'm trying to buy Old Key West and I know Disney is buying those contracts back.

Here's what I made offers on-- all are for OKW for March use year.

Contracts 1 and 2 are the same seller therefore I'll pay only one closing cost from the Timeshare Store. I am paying an average of $56 a point

1. 130 OKW Points with 130 banked points from 2012 March use year @56
    2. 270 OKW Points with 28 banked points from 2012 March use year @56

I am buying contract 3 from a different seller and another broker. It's an extended (to 2057) OKW contract

3. 150 extended OKW Points with 148 banked points from 2012 March use year @$62

I am at the beginning of the process and I'll let you know how they progress through the system

12. margitmouse

margitmouse Mouseketeer

.... just heard, Disney exercised their ROFR, another OKW contract bites the dust...

Details-OKW- 70pts, $58ppt March UY all 2012, 2013 etc, Seller pays MF, Buyer pays closing. So anyone looking at OKW, thats what they bought at today.

Tigger is NOT bouncing today, but as they say, one door closes another door opens... we'll just have to keep looking.

13. buttrflyksses

buttrflyksses You can still be like your dreams...tonight and ev

100 SSR (Dec), 88 banked '11 points, all '12 and '13 points, $60, split closing costs, seller pays MF for 11 months and buyer pays MF for 1 month of 2012 dues, submitted 10/8

I was hoping to be patient enough until I could get a contract for $55 but was diagnosed with breast cancer the same day as the seller counter offered and decided I didn't want to mess with it anymore. In the grand scheme of things it's only $500 more than I wanted to spend!

14. maburke

maburke DIS Veteran

So, so sorry. March is my UY, so I somehow feel even more for you. That was a nice contract, not too big. What was the price per point?

15. margitmouse

margitmouse Mouseketeer

sorry, sorry! The whole point was to let others know what they bought back at!
    (slap to side of head!)

$58 ppt, seller asked initially for $63 but agreed to my lower offer. The agent got back to me later in the day and told me that she had just had a contract ROFR'd for $58, but I decided to roll with it.... hindsight as they say.
    I know from this thread other contracts have since gone through at the $60 range.

Kind of wish I hadn't been so greedy, especially since I am having a LOT of trouble finding <100 point contracts for March UY (our current contract) I just can't really wrap my head around trying to juggle multiple UY's, though I know some do,.... just in my hectic,sometimes addled life, I need to keep things simple:rolleyes:.

Thanks for the "March" sympathy... we'll just keep watching.
    Good luck to everyone waiting!

pixiedust:

16. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis and hope the DVC passes and gives you a nice lift in spirits.

$60/pt for a smaller contract with almost all of it's points is still quite nice! Good luck with ROFR and everything else you have going on. :flower3:

17. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

:hug:Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Good luck with ROFR and treatment.pixiedust:

18. icydog

icydog DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. In the scheme of things it's amazing how unimportant a timeshare contract can become. One minute it's all you think about and the next minute it's the last thing you will think about. Just get well and the contract will take care of itself

19. icydog

icydog DIS Veteran

I have a March use year too. Last time around, before I sold all my points, I had September as a use year. It was way, way, more easy to get September. Thinking about it, I wish I'd waited to buy in Dec this time around. That's a great use year. All the resorts have a lot of inventory for December and it fits my life style better. But now I'm stuck with March and so I'll grin :bitelip: and bear it, as they say!

20. K9pal

K9pal <font color=green>Just call me Miss Patient!

We closed yesterday!! Would have been sooner if the sellers hadn't dragged their feet ... ;)

K9pal--- 50 SSR (Feb), $65, 4 banked ’12 pts, all ’13 pts, (sub 8/28, passed 9/18)

21. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Your contract went much faster than mine. We passed a few days later, but just got our closing documents this week. Congrats!