test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. saintstickets

saintstickets Mouseketeer

We have an August UY and it is VERY difficult to find contracts under 125 pts at our resorts with that UY. We had one small March UY contract at VWL but sold it after using all the banked points. I've noticed that September & December seem to be more prevalent but like you, we'll live with what we have.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Angel-B06

Angel-B06 Earning My Ears

Just received word that our contract was submitted to Disney for ROFR. Details are below, I don't expect any issues with it passing, but fingers crossed for a quick turnaround. Can't wait to book my next vacation, this time in a 1 bedroom. :cool1:

Angel-B06-------- 100 SSR (Feb) $60, 200 13 pts and 100 14 pts, buyer pays closing, seller pays mf (sub 10/15) member (Fidelity)

4. ninjagirl

ninjagirl Member

We got our closing documents today, just two short days after passing ROFR. Yay for being one step closer. Can.not.wait.

5. aheape1979

aheape1979 Mom of 2 princesses!

Here is ours....ready to hear on ROFR!!
    Aheape1979---200 AKV (Oct) $65. 200 2012 avail and 200 coming in 2013. Seller pays closing. No dues until 2013. Sub 10/15 (TSS)

6. maburke

maburke Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope that contract brings you happy thoughts through this. :hug:

7. maburke

maburke Mouseketeer

My points dropped into my account today (Monday), exactly two calendar weeks after closing. Yea! Banked my points and made my reservation. :yay:

8. NattysMom

NattysMom Member

We found out this morning that we passed ROFR! This thread was such a huge help to us. I didn't want to be rude offering well below asking but I knew the going rates from these boards and figured the worst thing I could hear was a "No."

The original asking price was $84.44

NattysMom 225 SSR (Jun) $54, 86 banked '11 pts, 225 '12 pts, 225 '13 pts, buyer pays closing, seller pays MF (sub 9/20, passed 10/16) Fidelity

9. THKlovesDisney

THKlovesDisney Earning My Ears

Congrats!! Great price!

We also just found out that we passed ROFR!

130 SSR (Oct) $57, all '12 and '13 points, Buyer and Seller split closing and MF (sub 9/18, passed 10/16) Fidelity

10. jrpeterson5

jrpeterson5 Earning My Ears

Congrats to NattysMom and THKlovesDisney! :thumbsup2

Looks like mine makes 3 SSR contracts today! Just got word from Fidelity that Disney also waived ROFR on our contract:

jrpeterson5: 240 SSR (March) $54, 0 2012, 240 2013, Buyer pays closing, Seller pays MF (sub 9/18, passed 10/16 - Fidelity) :cool1:

11. DougEMG

DougEMG Mouseketeer

Nicely done going from $84.44 down to $54 :thumbsup2

12. bltpoppins

bltpoppins Member

Just found out from Timeshare Store we passed!
    OKW 2057 expiration Feb use yr 150 points $ 61/point (asking $63)
    54 2011 points (to be used by Jan. 31, 2013)
    150 banked 2012
    150 2013
    seller pays 2012 MF, buyer closing

Love having more OKW!! :cloud9:

13. NattysMom

NattysMom Member

Thanks! We are pretty happy but still cautious for the next steps.

Congrats to everyone else who passed today! :goodvibes

14. Casemily

Casemily Member

Yea! What day did you submit to Disney?:woohoo:

15. bltpoppins

bltpoppins Member

Sorry about that...we submitted 9/19.

16. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Member DVC Gold

Just found out I passed ROFR today!! YEAH

200 BWV $58/pt June all 2011, 2012 and 2013 points. I pay closing seller to pay 2012 maint. fees.

Congrats to everyone else who passed this week:)

17. NeedMorePoints

NeedMorePoints Earning My Ears

More time to spend at the Gurgling Suitcase! Now that's my kind of vacation.

Congratulations!

18. FINCANTIERI

FINCANTIERI <font color=purple>You flustered the TF<br><font c

Good news today!

Passed ROFR.
    SSR 300 points at $52. 276 '12, 300 '13
    October UY
    Buyer closing costs, Maint split:cool1:

19. htmlkid

htmlkid Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

Nice deal....

20. saintstickets

saintstickets Mouseketeer

I have a question for those that frequent this thread. How do you find your DVC contract?

- Have you listed a preference with the 4 main DVC resellers and wait to be contacted?
    - Do you get on their email lists and then respond?
    - Do you check their online listings periodically? If so, how often?
    - Are you in telephone contact with an agent and they call you with the size/resort/UY contract you are seeking?
    - Do you search differently depending on the DVC reseller?
    - Is there a different route you take to find your preference?

I realize the most likely answer will probably be all of the above or some combination thereof but I was just wondering how most of you go about the process. TIA for your response either on this thread or privately.

21. DannysMom

DannysMom Mouseketeer

I contacted 2 of the big resale agencies. One did not have the resort/size/UY that I was interested in at that time (TSS.). The other (Fidelity) had several contracts that were within the parameters I was looking at. The first offer I made was accepted.

Before I was ready to make an offer I did peruse the online listing of the big 4, just getting a feel on list price, movement on the contracts etc, for a few weeks. The contract that I bid on first had been on the website for several weeks. I was hopeful they would be negotiable on price. They were. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.