Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We contracted for our first DVC property around 9/16/12 = Saratoga Springs, 150 points, Sept. UY, $50.67 per point. Includes all 150 2012 points and 150 points 2013 etc. We paid 2012 maintenance and closing. Went to Disney for ROFR around 9/19/12.

We contracted for our second DVC property around 9/26/12 - OKW, 150 points, March UY, $50 per point. Includes 150 of 2012 points banked, 150 2013 points etc. Seller paid all 2012 maintenance. We paid closing. Went to Disney for ROFR around 10/2/2012.

Reading about ROFR - after reading this thread, I am feeling a bit anxious about getting through ROFR.

I wouldn't be anxious about it. I think that this thread tends to get people a bit worked up and sometimes new buyers get all wrapped up in "distracting the monkey" and other playful things like that. It's all in good fun, but if you want to get a good idea about what contracts are likely to get taken by ROFR, look at the data on page 1 of this thread. The trend is (and has been for some time) that low priced BCV and a large percentage of OKW contracts are getting taken. If you are buying one of those, your chances are not great. If you're not buying one of those, your chances are great. Good luck either way, but there's no need to be nervous. There's always another contract out there. :)

Passed ROFR 9/26. Sent back Closing packet today!

300 VWL October, all '12, 150 banked '11, $55. Buyer pays close and '12 maintenance.

Our first contract!!!

okw2012 said:
Finally closed today! :cheer2: Took a long time :coffee: , my certified check got lost in the mail. Waiting for my points to appear in my account :hourglass, then book that HHI vacation. Or maybe Alauni?

okw2012-------230 HHI (Apr) $50, 143 '12 pts, all '13 pts, buyer pays closing, seller pays mf (sub 8/02, passed 8/28, closed 10/01)

Points were loaded to my account this Monday afternoon (10/08), just in time for me to book a week at HHI. Timing could not gave been better: this is a surprise for my wife's birthday on Wednesday and MS is closed on Tuesday for maintenance.

Didn't want to post this before because I was afraid to jinx myself.

Disney waived ROFR today!!

140 VB (Feb) $33/pt, 7 '12 pts, 280, '13 pts, 140 '14 pts, no '12 MF, buyer pays closing, seub 9/13, passed 10/9, Fidelity

Thanks to everyone on the boards for all the posts that helped us get a great deal and finally become DVC members (a dream of mine since first going with my aunts when I was 13 years old in 1994!!) Especially this thread! Seeing what the lowest that passed and didn't pass ROFR helped us find what we thought would be the perfect per point price at Vero.

Did anyone else hear today? It seems like a slow day. I thought we would have as we submitted on 9/14 but nothing yet.

ninjagirl said:
Did anyone else hear today? It seems like a slow day. I thought we would have as we submitted on 9/14 but nothing yet.

Maybe it has to do with the reservation system maintenance?

I have one correction to the front page - waiting section. For the contract that we're waiting on (diane648 - 75 BCV) - it includes all 2011, 2012 & 2013 pts.

Guessing we have another week or two 'til we know ...

sent to ROFR today :goodvibes
84 banked 2011 points
100 2012 points
$73/pp
seller pays MF, buyer pays closing
CAN I GET SOME PIXIE DUST?!?!?!?!?!

Woo Hoo!!! Just found out today that we made it through!! :cool1: I don't remember all of the details, but we got 195 points at SSR with a Feb UY.

ninjagirl said:

Did you ever hear anything? Fingers crossed for you!

ninjagirl said:

We submitted on the 18th, so I am guessing next week we will hear. Hope you hear soon!

Yay! Just got the word that Disney waived their right to purchase!

Submitted 9-17
VWL 250 pts Sept UY
All pts 2012 & 2013
$62/pt
Seller pays mf, buyer pays closing

Very excited!

Submitted 9-17
VWL 250 pts Sept UY
All pts 2012 & 2013
$62/pt

Very excited!

SWEET ! Congratulations. 2 minutes ago I got word Disney has my paperwork and will be sending me membership info within 2 weeks(hope it's sooner)

kkmousealow said:

Submitted 9-17
VWL 250 pts Sept UY
All pts 2012 & 2013
$62/pt

Very excited!

Congratulations! I wish I would hear today...ready for my wait to be done.

Did you ever hear anything? Fingers crossed for you!

We found out that we passed this afternoon. I didn't post the details to be sure that I didn't jinx it even though I knew it was unlikely that we wouldn't pass. Our contract was 260 pts at BLT for $86/pt. (10 2011, 260 2012, 260 2013) March use year submitted on 9/14, addendum on 9/21). The seller pays 2012 MF and buyer pays closing. This is our first DVC purchase and we are so excited. Only 128 days until our first trip home!

We used fidelity and despite a few slip ups with lack of knowledge (The addendum was going to cause it to take longer than 30 days, that we had to bank them by 9/30 etc) Rachel was great. And now we wait some more......

We've already gotten the small add on bug and are playing with the idea of putting in an offer on a small contract at SSR. The asking price is a little ridiculous so we'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter