Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I passed ROFR this past Tuesday and was told by my broker they were waiting for estoppels which would take 1-2 weeks. Today, which is 3 days later, I got an email saying that the closing documents had been approved and that the title complany has been instructed to send me the closing packet which I should receive via email in 2-3 days. My question is does this mean that the 1-2 week wait only took 3 days?

Edited to say: I just received the closing documents from the title company less than 2 hours since the email from the broker. I guess things are moving right along.

I passed ROFR the same day as you, and received the same "1-2 weeks for closing documents" message, so since I read your post, I've been checking my e-mails every few minutes :hyper:in hopes that I would hear too.

Sure enough, just got the same e-mail...hoping closing docs will come by end of day (cross fingers!). The sooner they come, the better...my sellers are from the UK, and the extra weekend might give them a bit of time to get organized, and will perhaps speed up the process...

Edited to add: Yup! I received my closing docs 1.5 hours after my first e-mail! Now I just hope my sellers made their US Embassy appt to have their docs notarized!

Just sent to Disney ...

160 points -March Use Year -Saratoga @ $55 per point with all 2012 points (banked) 160 each year after - seller paying MF's and buyer/seller splitting closing

Similar boat here - just had my very first offer EVER (at least with this particular broker) accepted yesterday, no counter which was nice for a change.

160 points, December use year, SSR @ $59 per point. 173 combined banked 2011 plus all 2012 points available, all 2013 points available. Buyer pays closing costs, seller pays 2011 and 2012 dues. I realize most posts on these boards are lower than the $59 but I was growing disillusioned with all the listings at $64-65/ppt and I would then offer $59 and get countered at $62-64. I was sick of playing the game so I paid slightly more. I'm still completely fine with the price, especially considering how many free points I'll have to spend.

Now, the waiting begins :rolleyes1

PASSED ROFR PASSED ROFR::yes:: We received the news 11/6. Closing docs rec'd 11/9. Sent docs & check today. Hopefully, First American Title and Fidelity will be quick to move our paperwork along. Contingent on the sellers sending their docs quickly too! (fingers crossed) I'm anxious to make a June reservation @ BCV with these points before the 7 month mark. In summary:
100 BCV JUNE UY $73/PP (84 '12 points, 100 '13 points)
OFFER PLACED & ACCEPTED 09/20/12
SUBMITTED TO ROFR 10/09
PASSED ROFR 11/6
CLOSING DOCS REC'D 11/9
CLOSING DOCS & MONIES SENT 11/10
HOPEFULLY IN THE SYSTEM SOON!!!!!

Congrats to everyone else that has not been ROFRed !

Similar boat here - just had my very first offer EVER (at least with this particular broker) accepted yesterday, no counter which was nice for a change.

160 points, December use year, SSR @ $59 per point. 173 combined banked 2011 plus all 2012 points available, all 2013 points available. Buyer pays closing costs, seller pays 2011 and 2012 dues. I realize most posts on these boards are lower than the $59 but I was growing disillusioned with all the listings at $64-65/ppt and I would then offer $59 and get countered at $62-64. I was sick of playing the game so I paid slightly more. I'm still completely fine with the price, especially considering how many free points I'll have to spend.

Now, the waiting begins :rolleyes1

Congrats.

The main thing is to pay a price you are happy with. A couple of dollars extra per point isn't going to make a lot of difference in the long run.

So excited, I have another contract in the works. Already own resales of:
500 SSR
50 OKW
50 BWV
30 BCV
Since travelling with many family members, I'm finding the smaller contracts not big enough to do much with. May end up adding points to them (or selling) some day.

As of today I am waiting to hear about ROFR on:
150 VWL (Mar) $54, 121 '13 pts, all '14 pts, buyer pays closing (sub 11/12)

Congrats.

The main thing is to pay a price you are happy with. A couple of dollars extra per point isn't going to make a lot of difference in the long run.

Thanks. However....so much for that. They emailed me after about 4 days that the husband of the seller couple was the one who OK'd my offer, but the wife got mad that she wasn't consulted and refused and countered at $64. So, back to square one. That was highly disappointing.

This is so useful to a newbi like me! Thank you :)

Do you know What it's like for AKV?

Thanks to Mac for putting all this together.

We are looking seriously at buying in. It is nice to have all of the data in one place. I didn't see that anyone had done any analysis on the data, so I put some together. We are looking at SSR, BWV, or OKW.

I realize that this is only data that has been self-reported through the boards, so is only a subset of the deals, but I've come up with some average point costs for the deals, both in terms of avg purchase price by contract and purchase price by point.

SSR:
Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $55.13​
Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $54.28​

BWV:
Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $58.21​
Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $57.05​

OKW:
Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $53.71​
Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $52.57​

Only OKW has enough grabbed by Disney to make sense to show. So this is the for the deals lost to Disney:

OKW:
Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $51.48​
Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $50.20​

Looking at the deals grabbed is interesting. They seem to be all over the board, but it looks like they are definitely tryiing to pull in as much OKW inventory as they can to turn more of the 2042 contracts in to 2057.

I hope this is helpful to folks. Let me know if you need other information, esp from these 3 resorts.

Thanks. However....so much for that. They emailed me after about 4 days that the husband of the seller couple was the one who OK'd my offer, but the wife got mad that she wasn't consulted and refused and countered at $64. So, back to square one. That was highly disappointing.

That really stinks:(. Hang in there... You will end up w/ an even better deal:)

We passed ROFR on Tuesday

BWV 200 points $55 per point. Submitted 10/15, passed 11/13. 105 2012, 200 2013

This is so useful to a newbi like me! Thank you :)

Do you know What it's like for AKV?

Here is what I found for AKV. Realize the data for SSR, OKW, and BWV included 2011. AKV is only 2012 as the 2011 data was gone by the time I put this together.

AKV:
Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $65.86
Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $64.75

Notified this morning Disney waived ROFR on OKW (230 Jun pts - - expire 2042 - - - @$55/pt - -buyer and seller split closing - - - 14 '12 pts, 230 '13 and everything forward) - - go figure! Happy to be adding on to home resort with same UY- - - purchased original contract in 1992 - - - wonder if longevity of buyer ownership interest was considered - - - maybe cut us old owners some slack - - - who knows - - - was first foray into reselling market - - - maybe just dumb luck!

Notified this morning Disney waived ROFR on OKW (230 Jun pts - - expire 2042 - - - @$55/pt - -buyer and seller split closing - - - 14 '12 pts, 230 '13 and everything forward) - - go figure! Happy to be adding on to home resort with same UY- - - purchased original contract in 1992 - - - wonder if longevity of buyer ownership interest was considered - - - maybe cut us old owners some slack - - - who knows - - - was first foray into reselling market - - - maybe just dumb luck!

Congrats to you...Nice to see an OKW contract make it through:)

What is it about these boards that makes me want to buy more points ?? I haven't even used my 1st year yet and I have the bug !!!:crazy2:

WILDERNESS FAN 55 said:
What is it about these boards that makes me want to buy more points ?? I haven't even used my 1st year yet and I have the bug !!!:crazy2:

Yeah, that is the danger in hanging out here. I have tried to distance myself my this thread! LOL. Still mainly hang in the DVC boards, just not so much here.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Found out yesterday that we passed on our first contract! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Here's the details....

200 VWL March UY $55 pt.
All 2012 points banked and all points going forward.

Listed on 10-19
Offer made and accepted on 10-19
Sent to ROFR 10-23
Passed 11-19

I had a similar situation. Though it was the wife who accepted and the husband who was not happy. I got a call from the broker about a month later asking if I was still interested in my orginal offer. I said yes (I was just about to sign a contract that was not as good). Apparently the husband decided that my offer was the best they had gotten (the contract was on the market for 6 months) and he wanted out. So maybe you will get some pixie dust.

I had a similar situation. Though it was the wife who accepted and the husband who was not happy. I got a call from the broker about a month later asking if I was still interested in my orginal offer. I said yes (I was just about to sign a contract that was not as good). Apparently the husband decided that my offer was the best they had gotten (the contract was on the market for 6 months) and he wanted out. So maybe you will get some pixie dust.

That is good to know, hopefully they keep our information. I have not had good luck with a lot of resales. After I put my offer in I get a call, and I hope to hear the good news, but only to hear, they decided to take contract off market or something like that. :worried:

Our settlement went through on Friday and has been recorded on the controller's site. We just have to wait to get our membership number from Disney Our home is at Wilderness Lodge.

That is good to know, hopefully they keep our information. I have not had good luck with a lot of resales. After I put my offer in I get a call, and I hope to hear the good news, but only to hear, they decided to take contract off market or something like that. :worried:

It can test your patience. I have only purchased resale twice, but both times I started tracking the inventory / contracts on the major broker sites. I watched the ones I really liked and let them age. Some of course get taken, but some remain. Then when it has been sitting a while, I make an offer.

Good Luck Hunting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter