Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

I had to look into this also but with the June UY and by the time of closing you will be past the 100% banking period for your 2012 points, if you were not planning in using those pts this UY of course, you could still bank 50% or as I have seen there is a one time only banking exception through DVC, I wasn't sure if you knew this with it being your first resale.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

You see to have old information. There is now only 1 banking deadline. For a June UY the banking deadline would be at the end of January. Period.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

4. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

Thank you for clearing that up, my resale closes beginning of jan for Sept UY so my banking deadline should be end of Feb by the chart I looked at, might be different now, so that post I quoted before, they would have to use their one time exception or lose all their 2012 points, is the correct?

5. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

For a September UY I believe the banking deadline would be at the end of April. You can bank your points through the first 8 months of you use year.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

ETA: there is a very good post in this forum titled "Understanding Use Year" search it out & read. I would try to link it, but it is tricky to do with the DisBoards App. :)

6. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

Thank you again, I'll have to bank mine since I'm not using any till Oct

7. montrealdisneylovers

montrealdisneylovers Mouseketeer

I believe I read on some posts in the past that you can ask the current owner to bank the points now if you do not plan on using them in the current use year. This way, they would not be lost.

8. Mississippian

Mississippian DIS Veteran

Price?

9. WonderinAland

WonderinAland Mouseketeer

We are waiting to close on a BWV resale, March UY. I knew there was no way I'd be able to bank the points myself at the end of this process, so I asked the sellers to bank the 2012 points for us when we had signed contracts. It required an addendum to the contracts, but did not really delay ROFR. Now just waiting...

Which leads to my question: once we do close, how long before the points show up, considering we are already members, adding to same UY? We don't need to wait for a membership number, but DVC does need to do its thing. These future points are burning a hole in my future pocket - I have plans for them!!

10. fmer55

fmer55 DIS Veteran

It doesn't seem to matter, they all still go in order. My second actually took longer than my original to load.

11. XGrumpy1

XGrumpy1 DIS Veteran

It is kinda cool, one day you log onto your account and the points are just there!

It is a lot easier than with a different use year, waiting for a member number, calling to see if the points are there yet, and more waiting!

12. mac_tlc

mac_tlc DIS Veteran

Should be ready to post the update info in the first thread in a few minutes. Heading down to WDW later this week for our annual Christmas pilgrammage -- 18 family members arriving & departing at various times during the next week, includung the first trip for my DGS. Should be exciting.

mac_tlc

13. rmcildw2m

rmcildw2m DIS Veteran

Passed rofr on 11/27 for 50 points at HHI september use year

14. disneyfm4

disneyfm4 Earning My Ears

Yes, I was concerned about the timing too, some I made it part of the contract. If it gets through Disney, sellers are required to bank the points before we go to closing. That be well before the Jan 31 banking deadline. Thanks

15. Pirate Fan

Pirate Fan Earning My Ears

A package from Florida is out on the truck for delivery today. I am pretty sure that it is our membership package. Can't wait to get home from work. pirate:

16. wrigleyville

wrigleyville Earning My Ears

AKV-160 points, Dec UY, 160 2011 + 160 2012, $64/pt...cleared ROFR this week.

17. WDWLVR2

WDWLVR2 Earning My Ears

18. WDWLVR2

WDWLVR2 Earning My Ears

$67/pt

19. tiffrobyn

tiffrobyn Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep

Contract signed today!

100 SSR (Mar), $55, 28 banked 12 pts, all 13 & 14 pts, seller pays closing, buyer pays mf, using Fidelity

20. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

I'm def going to go through fidelity on any future resales, I didn't do enough research before, either way I'm happy but I did over pay on mine, but next time ill be better informed, great contract

21. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Dont beat yourself up too hard... You may have paid 65 / point whereas tiffrobyn paid only 55 but yours has all 2012 points while hers is missing 75% of the 2012 points! Those points hold great value!! My point is that you can't put all of your effort into a low price/point:). Good luck w/ your next contract!