Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ttepsich

ttepsich Mouseketeer

Today is DAY 28 for me! I can hardly stand it !!!!!! Waiting on a BCV contract.......

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. undchefreak

undchefreak Mouseketeer

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched... ROFR exercised. Not cool, mouse, not cool.

The broker said this was one of the highest she'd seen exercised. It only took 18 days, so I didn't lose a whole lot of time, but now there's not really anything in my price range. I guess I'll keep looking.

4. spears2008

spears2008 Earning My Ears

We passed ROFR today - it wasn't a big surprise because we paid handsomely for our membership. We just wanted to get our foot in the door and closed by the end of the year to take advantage of the PAP deal.

50 BWV points, Dec. UY, 100 avail 12/12 (all '11, all '12). $67/pp Buyer pays closing and 1/12 of 2012 mf. Submitted 10/8, waived 11/6 so they took all 30 days.

We are waiting on a larger BLT contract submitted Nov. 2.
    220 BLT points, Sept. UY, 220 available 9/13. $75/pp. Seller pays all closing costs and 2012 mf.

5. Princess_Jo

Princess_Jo Disney World Addict Since 1989

Submitted 10/13 and notified today we passed ROFR!!!!!

150 BCV (Mar) $74, 59 banked '12 points, all '13 points, buyer pays closing and '12 mf on banked points

Now on to closing and booking our first DCV trip!!!!

:cool1: :cool1:

6. heartsy77

heartsy77 Working on my 9th trip!

We were notified yesterday we closed and were the official owners of 270 points of BCV on Nov 5!

7. spears2008

spears2008 Earning My Ears

I'm curious what closing company you used? I haven't heard of any sending closing docs before ROFR is final. I wish they would do this with the original purchase documents - simply make closing contingent upon receipt of the ROFR waiver from Disney.

8. aheape1979

aheape1979 Mom of 2 princesses!

We passed ROFR! I just received the official word! Now I'm hoping we get closing docs before I leave next Tues to go out of town!!

9. tjcat

tjcat DIS Veteran

Congrats to everyone that passed!

10. buttrflyksses

buttrflyksses You can still be like your dreams...tonight and ev

Just heard yesterday....passed ROFR!! :yay: Submitted 10/8 so Disney took 29 days.

11. heartsy77

No we passed ROFR oct 16. We closed Nov.05 and became officially the owners!

12. heartsy77

Our ROFR was passed Oct 16 the closing was Nov.5.

13. WonderinAland

WonderinAland Mouseketeer

Just found out we passed ROFR! :D

BWV 245 (split between 2 contracts, 220 and 25) March UY, $59.18 pp, buyer pays closing, seller pays MF. 60 banked from 2011, 184 from 2012, already banked for us into 2013, all points forward.

So excited to add BWV to BLT as "home!"

14. hfehr1s

hfehr1s Mouseketeer

Just sent to Disney ...

160 points -March Use Year -Saratoga @ $55 per point with all 2012 points (banked) 160 each year after - seller paying MF's and buyer/seller splitting closing

Really hoping this one makes it through since our last one at OKW got taken back... actually I'm glad though b/c this is a better contract for us anyway!

15. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

Good luck with this, ther really should be no problem. Same thing happened to me, I got ROFR'd on some OKW contracts, then switched to looking at SSR instead.

16. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Congrats to you!! Welcome Home!

17. mac_tlc

mac_tlc DIS Veteran

Been a while since the last update -- been working crazy days since Sandy paid us a visit -- should have the update posted on the first page in a few minutes. Looks like its been a rough few weeks for OKW contracts......

Seems the post was getting too long, so I had to delete the data from 2011 (was displayed in green). I still have all of the data and will post it in the thread for reference.

mac_tlc

18. Cruznmore

Cruznmore Earning My Ears

Thanks to Mac for putting all this together.

We are looking seriously at buying in. It is nice to have all of the data in one place. I didn't see that anyone had done any analysis on the data, so I put some together. We are looking at SSR, BWV, or OKW.

I realize that this is only data that has been self-reported through the boards, so is only a subset of the deals, but I've come up with some average point costs for the deals, both in terms of avg purchase price by contract and purchase price by point.

SSR:
    Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $55.13​
    Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $54.28​

BWV:
    Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $58.21​
    Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $57.05​

OKW:
    Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $53.71​
    Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $52.57​

Only OKW has enough grabbed by Disney to make sense to show. So this is the for the deals lost to Disney:

OKW:
    Avg price/point (avg contract point price) $51.48​
    Avg price/point (total dollar/total points) $50.20​

Looking at the deals grabbed is interesting. They seem to be all over the board, but it looks like they are definitely tryiing to pull in as much OKW inventory as they can to turn more of the 2042 contracts in to 2057.

I hope this is helpful to folks. Let me know if you need other information, esp from these 3 resorts.

19. Lizard Valley

Lizard Valley Mouseketeer

Sorry, I forgot to update on this one:

I passed ROFR for this one just this week :) Not surprised, but it feels great! I also left some information out: buyer pays closing, seller pays 2011 and 2012 mf's. Passed Nov 6.

So now I have 2 contracts for SSR, both in limbo between ROFR waiver and closing. They're about a week apart in the process, 2 different brokers. Wonder which one will be useable first?:beach:

20. buttrflyksses

buttrflyksses You can still be like your dreams...tonight and ev

I passed ROFR this past Tuesday and was told by my broker they were waiting for estoppels which would take 1-2 weeks. Today, which is 3 days later, I got an email saying that the closing documents had been approved and that the title complany has been instructed to send me the closing packet which I should receive via email in 2-3 days. My question is does this mean that the 1-2 week wait only took 3 days?

Edited to say: I just received the closing documents from the title company less than 2 hours since the email from the broker. I guess things are moving right along.

21. glokitty

glokitty Earning My Ears

You are a wise woman, congrats!