• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Any chance of different Carribbean ports for 2014? Years back there was a Puerto Rico port but b/c of a hurricane we couldn't go. Would like to go on another 7 night out of Florida but have been to most or all of the ports Disney is offering now.

Hope we find out soon!!!! I know it's crazy but even booking 2014 and it being so far out there we all get so excited.

I've never booked opening day, do they release the dates and prices a few days ahead of time or is everything released at once? Thanks!

Sometimes the opening day is only open for platinum and gold CC members and opens for silver and the general public a day or two later. It depends on the itineraries.

If they were so popular why did they get rid of most of them?

My DH thinks it was about the money. in a two week period, you can have 2-5 night and 1-4 night. In the same two weeks you can fit an extra cruise if you are doing the 2-4 night and 2-3 night model. Their fares are not necessarily any more for the extra cruise, because the 5 night has always been unexpectedly high per person per night but that extra set of people in the thousands, is going to spend a lot more onboard than the people who are already on the ships. Shutters sells more packages, the shops sell more souvenirs, the spa sees new people - you name it there is an entire ship more worth of purchases in that two weeks.

Any chance of different Carribbean ports for 2014? Years back there was a Puerto Rico port but b/c of a hurricane we couldn't go. Would like to go on another 7 night out of Florida but have been to most or all of the ports Disney is offering now.

Hope we find out soon!!!! I know it's crazy but even booking 2014 and it being so far out there we all get so excited.

San Juan is being offered for some sailings beginning this Nov. thru March or April.

No one knows if they will add new ports or not for 2014.

here's hoping Disney will open port here in Tampa, if not in 2014 then hopefully soon thereafter =) :grouphug:

San Juan is being offered for some sailings beginning this Nov. thru March or April.

No one knows if they will add new ports or not for 2014.

Rumor is it could be Jamaica. There is a ghost ship scheduled for the early part of 2014.

lundve said:
My DH thinks it was about the money. in a two week period, you can have 2-5 night and 1-4 night. In the same two weeks you can fit an extra cruise if you are doing the 2-4 night and 2-3 night model. Their fares are not necessarily any more for the extra cruise, because the 5 night has always been unexpectedly high per person per night but that extra set of people in the thousands, is going to spend a lot more onboard than the people who are already on the ships. Shutters sells more packages, the shops sell more souvenirs, the spa sees new people - you name it there is an entire ship more worth of purchases in that two weeks.

Ah that makes sense! Thanks!

I'm keeping my hope alive that they will go back to Alaska in 2014. Maybe I should stop hoping, but until the dates come out I'm going to hope! ;) We actually just put a week on my dad's calendar so he wouldn't schedule anything over it, and if you can believe it we're having a hard time getting a free week for him in the summer of 2014.

revwog1974 said:
I'm keeping my hope alive that they will go back to Alaska in 2014. Maybe I should stop hoping, but until the dates come out I'm going to hope! ;) We actually just put a week on my dad's calendar so he wouldn't schedule anything over it, and if you can believe it we're having a hard time getting a free week for him in the summer of 2014.

We may be moving and I've already mapquested how far from our possible new location to Vancouver so we can so Alaska!!! :) (my hubby and I used to live there)
So I'm hoping too!!!

Makes sense. They also need to consider how they are losing guests who are sick of the Same ole Carib and Bahamas itineraries.

Any idea or word to when the new ones will be announced? I thought I heard October a few weeks ago.

Any idea or word to when the new ones will be announced? I thought I heard October a few weeks ago.

Last I heard, release date was October 14. It may have changed but that is what I heard on board in August.

---Paul in Southern NJ

The 14th is a Sunday. Have they ever released on the weekend? I would think that would be a problem for TA's. I know they work weekends but isn't weekday start the norm?

Are we thinking we will get all of 2014 or just half? Any rumors if all 4 ships will be released or just Dream/Fantasy

We just disembarked the Wonder yesterday and the Future Cruise Desk team said they have no idea when they'll have 2014 :confused3

peachygreen said:
Are we thinking we will get all of 2014 or just half? Any rumors if all 4 ships will be released or just Dream/Fantasy
I think the general consensus is just Dream class will be released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter