1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. mommyz

mommyz Mouseketeer

Any chance of different Carribbean ports for 2014? Years back there was a Puerto Rico port but b/c of a hurricane we couldn't go. Would like to go on another 7 night out of Florida but have been to most or all of the ports Disney is offering now.

Hope we find out soon!!!! I know it's crazy but even booking 2014 and it being so far out there we all get so excited.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Sometimes the opening day is only open for platinum and gold CC members and opens for silver and the general public a day or two later. It depends on the itineraries.

4. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Me too. That was my first request to our Ta for moving our dummy date...if available. If not, then I guess we are off to the Caribbean again. :confused3

5. lundve

lundve DIS Veteran

My DH thinks it was about the money. in a two week period, you can have 2-5 night and 1-4 night. In the same two weeks you can fit an extra cruise if you are doing the 2-4 night and 2-3 night model. Their fares are not necessarily any more for the extra cruise, because the 5 night has always been unexpectedly high per person per night but that extra set of people in the thousands, is going to spend a lot more onboard than the people who are already on the ships. Shutters sells more packages, the shops sell more souvenirs, the spa sees new people - you name it there is an entire ship more worth of purchases in that two weeks.

6. disneydreaming92701

disneydreaming92701 DIS Veteran

This our hope also.

7. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

San Juan is being offered for some sailings beginning this Nov. thru March or April.

No one knows if they will add new ports or not for 2014.

8. elainyaeq

elainyaeq Mouseketeer

here's hoping Disney will open port here in Tampa, if not in 2014 then hopefully soon thereafter =) :grouphug:

9. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Rumor is it could be Jamaica. There is a ghost ship scheduled for the early part of 2014.

10. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Ah that makes sense! Thanks!

11. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

I would prefer this over Miami, for sure.

12. revwog1974

revwog1974 Mouseketeer

I'm keeping my hope alive that they will go back to Alaska in 2014. Maybe I should stop hoping, but until the dates come out I'm going to hope! ;) We actually just put a week on my dad's calendar so he wouldn't schedule anything over it, and if you can believe it we're having a hard time getting a free week for him in the summer of 2014.

13. zealandsmom

zealandsmom DIS Veteran

We may be moving and I've already mapquested how far from our possible new location to Vancouver so we can so Alaska!!! :) (my hubby and I used to live there)
    So I'm hoping too!!!

14. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Makes sense. They also need to consider how they are losing guests who are sick of the Same ole Carib and Bahamas itineraries.

15. jrm11697

jrm11697 Mouseketeer

Any idea or word to when the new ones will be announced? I thought I heard October a few weeks ago.

16. psimon

psimon <font color=teal>Will travel for turkey legs!<br><

Last I heard, release date was October 14. It may have changed but that is what I heard on board in August.

---Paul in Southern NJ

17. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I merged your thread with the current thread on the same topic.

MJ

18. tiggspring

tiggspring DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm d

The 14th is a Sunday. Have they ever released on the weekend? I would think that would be a problem for TA's. I know they work weekends but isn't weekday start the norm?

19. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

Are we thinking we will get all of 2014 or just half? Any rumors if all 4 ships will be released or just Dream/Fantasy

20. LiseG

LiseG DIS Veteran

We just disembarked the Wonder yesterday and the Future Cruise Desk team said they have no idea when they'll have 2014 :confused3

21. dishm12/08

dishm12/08 Obsessing Over Our Disneymoon. One Day At A Time

I think the general consensus is just Dream class will be released.