Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Are we thinking we will get all of 2014 or just half? Any rumors if all 4 ships will be released or just Dream/Fantasy

they didn't release all of 2013 at once. I think it would overwhelm the systems to have all four ships booking at once. I think they're going to break it up and do two ships at a time, or maybe just do half a year first and the latter half next year :confused3

Well, just got an email from my TA saying to "get ready" and asking for my preferences. I gave her our itinerary choices in order of preference, date ideas and room category. So maybe this week :confused3:cool1::surfweb:

We recieved a similar, though more subtle, email a few days ago from our DU TA with some questions about any ghost bookings we may have and desired dates or itineraries. Looks like the pros are getting their ducks lined up.

Although my two upcoming Disney cruises are booked with two different travel agencies, I haven't received e-mails about booking a 2014 cruise from either of them! At a meet with Deb Wills at Epcot last week, she said she may sponsor a group cruise in 2014. If so, I'd like to be on that one. :)

Well, just got an email from my TA saying to "get ready" and asking for my preferences. I gave her our itinerary choices in order of preference, date ideas and room category. So maybe this week :confused3:cool1::surfweb:

Would be really nice to have a release date, so I can make sure I'm home on my computer and not running all over the place . . .

Can't you sweet talk your TA into giving you a date???

Jodie

Would be really nice to have a release date, so I can make sure I'm home on my computer and not running all over the place . . .

Can't you sweet talk your TA into giving you a date???

Jodie

She actually has no idea -- just prepping. Disney is so undependable anymore with rhyme nor reason as to how they release the dates. One time she said they weren't even notified until the same day it went public that morning!

I called DCL also and, as always, they have no idea (and I believe they don't). When I mentioned to him how frustrating it is the way Disney does this, his response was "oh believe me, I know. We hear that all the time -- and people are now telling us so many other cruise lines have their 2014 itineraries out already and why don't we". :scratchin He, too, sounded frustrated!

What I cannot for the life of me understand is that after 12+ years of this nonsensical way they do release dates and pricing, they haven't come into the 21st Century with a better system. They could at least release the itineraries one week before they start accepting reservations so that a person has time to plan it, discuss it with the family and decide on pricing and dates. For many, it is mind-boggling on day of when you have to make phone calls to the family while on hold with Disney trying to figure out what everyone wants -- especially because you have no idea what ports are going to be opening which might completely change your pre-planned cruise ideas.

Okay, sorry, I'm off my soapbox. I just find the Disney way of booking so antiquated! :badpc:

Everyone finds out at the same time; even TA's and cast members. The only people who might know more are DCL execs, and they don't give any dates until they are 100% sure everything will be up and running. At this point, it is all speculation based on prior years. You will find out here on the DIS not a second later than everyone else knows.

If one.whenever these dates are released wants to change a ghost cruise date you need to call them right? It can't be done online?

DisneyOHFan said:
If you have the reservation # and you haven't used a TA, you can go into the reservation and "modify" it.

Thanks. This is our fourth cruise but first ghost reservation. I just want ti be ready when the time comes ti change to 2014 dates.

Does anyone know from past experience, what time of day, new dates are released?

If you have the reservation # and you haven't used a TA, you can go into the reservation and "modify" it.

Just know that people have reported issues when trying to do this. On Opening Day, when speed is of the essence for best price/room, calling may be better...or may not. Your choice.

Just know that people have reported issues when trying to do this. On Opening Day, when speed is of the essence for best price/room, calling may be better...or may not. Your choice.

Pre-travel agent, I actually would do both -- I would call and while on hold I would start booking online. Whichever got it done faster, is the one I took. Just note that if they do open it with gold/platinum first, I think you can only do those by phone because nothing will be available on line yet since it is not open to the public.

I was one of those people who had trouble doing this last year. I had a dummy date that I tried to modify and I would get all the way to adding my additional deposit and the site froze up on me. :mad: The worst part was that when I called DCL to do the modification over the phone, they couldn't make any changes either because my reservation was still locked up. It took at least an hour and repeated calls before DCL could make any changes while I sat there and watched the prices for my Spring Break cruise climb. This year I am just calling...that is a sure thing. :thumbsup2

I am patientally awaiting for the 2014 dates to open up. I have contacted Dreams Unlimited a month or so ago letting them know what cruise I was interested in. Dan says he will get me some prices as soon as the dates open up.

I want to book as soon as 2014 opens up so I stand a chance in getting the best rate. My concern is that I'm sure DU is going to be swamped on opening day. Can I book directly myself with Disney and move that reservation to DU and still get a onboard ship credit? I want to make sure I get what I want and book right away. What would you do?

This would be our first cruise and cost is an issue if we will be able to do a Disney Cruise or not. I was looking at a June 2014 7 Night Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. And most recently I am interested in a 8 Night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston. That seems to be on the top of my list. I'm guessing January 2014 would be the cheapest. And it's probably cheaper to fly to Texas instead of Florida from Wisconsin.

Thanks!

I am patientally awaiting for the 2014 dates to open up. I have contacted Dreams Unlimited a month or so ago letting them know what cruise I was interested in. Dan says he will get me some prices as soon as the dates open up.

I want to book as soon as 2014 opens up so I stand a chance in getting the best rate. My concern is that I'm sure DU is going to be swamped on opening day. Can I book directly myself with Disney and move that reservation to DU and still get a onboard ship credit? I want to make sure I get what I want and book right away. What would you do? Yes, travel agents will be swamped, but so will DCL. I would rather have the travel agent fight my battles for me.

This would be our first cruise and cost is an issue if we will be able to do a Disney Cruise or not. I was looking at a June 2014 7 Night Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. And most recently I am interested in a 8 Night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston. That seems to be on the top of my list. I'm guessing January 2014 would be the cheapest. And it's probably cheaper to fly to Texas instead of Florida from Wisconsin. Cruises from Galveston haven't been selling very well, so it's doubtful the prices will rise very quickly on those. Western caribbean in June would be more popular because school will be out, but again, it's not a new itinerary so prices shouldn't jump as quickly as a brand new itinerary.

Thanks!

pixiedust:

I want to book as soon as 2014 opens up so I stand a chance in getting the best rate. My concern is that I'm sure DU is going to be swamped on opening day. Can I book directly myself with Disney and move that reservation to DU and still get a onboard ship credit? I want to make sure I get what I want and book right away. What would you do?

My Dreams Unlimited agent Kelsie did an excellent job on opening day last October 18. They can handle it! :thumbsup2

When the TAs have a waiting list and all those people want to book at the same minute on the same day, if there are no new itineraries, how do they decide whose trip gets booked first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter