Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Thanks that's good to know. I would not wait long. Maybe book me now and the rest in Jan or 3 now and last two then. Would their rate be what I paid or would it go up based on occupancy?

Yes, but as the ship fills, so does the lifeboat space. So even if there's room for five in your cabin, there might not be enough space in your assigned lifeboat, so you will be limited to how many people you can put in your cabin. As the kids' clubs fill, they will restrict the number of kids per age group who can still book the cruise.

That's correct. We weren't sure if two members of our party will be on it (though Im sure they will). I was told I could add them later but the ship could fill. Even though our room sleeps more people, we can't add them if the ship hits their limit. So I just put them on the reservation.

Thanks that's good to know. I would not wait long. Maybe book me now and the rest in Jan or 3 now and last two then. Would their rate be what I paid or would it go up based on occupancy?

Guests added on later pay then current rates. I agree with pp about not always having lifeboat space. A few years ago, when it was only the Magic & Wonder, I snagged a secret porthole cabin which I know for sure sleeps 4. It would only let me put 3 in that cabin. It was so frustrating but eventually I had to just choose another category.
I would say if your cruise is very off peak time like mid Jan to mid Feb or early Dec you have some wiggle room but personally I like to lock us all in early at the cheapest prices I can get and I know we're all booked together.
If you don't mind taking a chance you could try. Maybe it's not so critical to book quickly since the new ships entered service.

Little off topic...can you reserve a cabin with just one name? We need a 5 person veranda room prefer 8th deck. Can I book this just for me. Money is tight and I would really like wiggle room.

Wait, do you mean for a dummy date or a cruise that you intend to sail?:confused3
If you're talking about a dummy date, I only put myself on every time. Now that there's a 100% single cruiser surcharge (meaning 1 person pays the same as 2) it's no cheaper deposit to put 2 of us on.

If you're booking a cruise that you intend to sail, it's best to put everyone on from the start.

I was just wondering....

Could it be possible that they need to take both DVC and the cruise websites down so that they can update 2014 information for both? Maybe I'm just dreaming?

I was just wondering....

Could it be possible that they need to take both DVC and the cruise websites down so that they can update 2014 information for both? Maybe I'm just dreaming?

Nothing wrong with a little dreaming... :goodvibes

...but whatever update they are doing is for all/most of the Disney Parks reservations systems (WDW etc.) so the timing is coincidental.

Plus for them to need downtime probably means they are doing a complex application update, not just adding new data (cruise dates) to an existing application. For comparison, last year the addition of the 2013 cruise dates did not involve any planned down time.

My prediction? Tuesday, October 16th for Dream/Fantasy 2014 dates to be bookable, basing on last year's Tuesday October 18th opening day for 2013 dates.

I was just wondering....

You're not dreaming, that is a very good possibility. The last two years the rates were released on Oct 19, 2011 and Oct 20, 2010 so this is the time of year to see at least the known cruises like the 7 day caribbean and shorter Bahamian cruises (Fantasy & Dream).

It is fairly common for the system to be down for a period of time prior to releasing rates so it may happen this week.

I've never booked opening day, do they release the dates and prices a few days ahead of time or is everything released at once? Thanks!

Any ideas as to whether they will bring back the Double Dip cruises in 2014?

Little off topic...can you reserve a cabin with just one name? We need a 5 person veranda room prefer 8th deck. Can I book this just for me. Money is tight and I would really like wiggle room.

Yes, you can -- however, when you get around to adding the other people in your cabin you will be required to pay that day's going rate, NOT the rate when you put the original deposit.

RedSox68 said:
Yes, you can -- however, when you get around to adding the other people in your cabin you will be required to pay that day's going rate, NOT the rate when you put the original deposit.

And they may not be add-able if the lifeboat station is full, regardless of empty beds in a given cabin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter