Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. tiggspring

tiggspring DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm d

Thanks that's good to know. I would not wait long. Maybe book me now and the rest in Jan or 3 now and last two then. Would their rate be what I paid or would it go up based on occupancy?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

That's correct. We weren't sure if two members of our party will be on it (though Im sure they will). I was told I could add them later but the ship could fill. Even though our room sleeps more people, we can't add them if the ship hits their limit. So I just put them on the reservation.

4. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Guests added on later pay then current rates. I agree with pp about not always having lifeboat space. A few years ago, when it was only the Magic & Wonder, I snagged a secret porthole cabin which I know for sure sleeps 4. It would only let me put 3 in that cabin. It was so frustrating but eventually I had to just choose another category.
    I would say if your cruise is very off peak time like mid Jan to mid Feb or early Dec you have some wiggle room but personally I like to lock us all in early at the cheapest prices I can get and I know we're all booked together.
    If you don't mind taking a chance you could try. Maybe it's not so critical to book quickly since the new ships entered service.

5. ruadisneyfan2

Wait, do you mean for a dummy date or a cruise that you intend to sail?:confused3
    If you're talking about a dummy date, I only put myself on every time. Now that there's a 100% single cruiser surcharge (meaning 1 person pays the same as 2) it's no cheaper deposit to put 2 of us on.

If you're booking a cruise that you intend to sail, it's best to put everyone on from the start.

6. soxyes

soxyes Mouseketeer

I was just wondering....

Could it be possible that they need to take both DVC and the cruise websites down so that they can update 2014 information for both? Maybe I'm just dreaming?

7. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Nothing wrong with a little dreaming... :goodvibes

...but whatever update they are doing is for all/most of the Disney Parks reservations systems (WDW etc.) so the timing is coincidental.

Plus for them to need downtime probably means they are doing a complex application update, not just adding new data (cruise dates) to an existing application. For comparison, last year the addition of the 2013 cruise dates did not involve any planned down time.

My prediction? Tuesday, October 16th for Dream/Fantasy 2014 dates to be bookable, basing on last year's Tuesday October 18th opening day for 2013 dates.

8. Pudo

Pudo DCL Cruise Dreamin'

You're not dreaming, that is a very good possibility. The last two years the rates were released on Oct 19, 2011 and Oct 20, 2010 so this is the time of year to see at least the known cruises like the 7 day caribbean and shorter Bahamian cruises (Fantasy & Dream).

It is fairly common for the system to be down for a period of time prior to releasing rates so it may happen this week.

9. momof2minnies

momof2minnies DIS Veteran

2011 it was the 18th becasue that's when I booked-opening day

Linda

10. Cheryl726

Cheryl726 DIS Veteran

I've never booked opening day, do they release the dates and prices a few days ahead of time or is everything released at once? Thanks!

11. momof2minnies

momof2minnies DIS Veteran

At once

Linda

12. ashman

ashman DIS Veteran

Any ideas as to whether they will bring back the Double Dip cruises in 2014?

13. ruadisneyfan2

I hope so. They are very popular.

14. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Yes, you can -- however, when you get around to adding the other people in your cabin you will be required to pay that day's going rate, NOT the rate when you put the original deposit.

15. ashman

ashman DIS Veteran

Agreed, we will book for sure if they do, if not, not sure just yet.

16. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

And they may not be add-able if the lifeboat station is full, regardless of empty beds in a given cabin

17. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

If they were so popular why did they get rid of most of them?

18. eoliver921

eoliver921 Earning My Ears

What is this?

19. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

A double dip cruise is one that visits Castaway Cay twice during the same sailing.

20. eoliver921

eoliver921 Earning My Ears

Thanks!

21. scootch

scootch DIS Veteran

I have a 2013 dummy date hoping for this to happen:thumbsup2