1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Doug7856, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TooBoyz4us

TooBoyz4us DIS Veteran

Yep, that's true. I customized my extended family's Oct MBs last night, and their 2 yr old is getting one.We were very surprised and at first thought it was a mistake. I ordered it anyway :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sheilby

Sheilby Labels aren't my thing

500 days out? Holy cow. I planned my whole wedding in less than 3 months.

4. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

I'm guessing the IT CM is right about still being able to pull FP-. With all of the resorts going live there would be a lot of chaos if for some reason the system crashed. I'm hoping/thinking they will keep them around for a few more months until they're positive all the bugs are worked out (especially with the holidays approaching and the additional crowds they bring into December)

5. partyof2

partyof2 Colette

I really hope that even if FP+ is launched resort wide in December that they keep the regular FP system in place for a time. It would be madness to overhaul the system during the holidays. I can't even imagine the issues Guest Services would have to deal with.

6. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

I hope you are right. It just wouldn't make any sense to pull in the kinds of crowds they do at Christmas and not have anyone able to use this system except for the onsite guests who did their homework ahead of time. Can you imagine sticking everyone else in standby lines:crazy2:. There would be tens of thousands of unhappy people. I still think it's going to be chaotic, but pulling the regular fastpass machines before then would be a nightmare!

7. partyof2

partyof2 Colette

Realistically there just isn't enough people 'in the know' yet to scrap FP- completely.

The FP+ queues would be almost non-existent and standby lines would be horrendous.

8. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I am very confident that Disney will keep the regular fast pass system going at least through 2013. And I believe that we will be able to pull the fast passes as usual along with our three FP+'s per day. The whole system for all guests isn't ready yet for them to stop issuing regular fast passes. I'm not going to worry about it for our trip.

9. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

I agree.. I get too worried about this and honestly, there's nothing I can do. There's a difference in staying up to date by reading here and getting anxious about it. There's nothing I can do to change anything, so I will assume the best and deal with any problems as they arise. I'll enjoy the planning and anticipation much more that way:wizard:

10. DptyDogg

DptyDogg Mouseketeer

is it possible to use the MBs for fastpass- distribution if they use both + and - simultaneously?

11. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Right now they are giving resort guests a KTTW when they check in, even if they also have a MB. Guests can use the KTTW card to pull regular fp's.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

13. MissStitch626

MissStitch626 Mouseketeer

Checking in to AoA on 12 November - nothing showing on our MDE yet for Magic Bands but I did notice tonight that it's now showing an option for online check-in. I'm pretty sure this wasn't there previously.

One thing I'm confused about is what the online check-in actually does - I know it sounds really obvious but if I click this what difference will it actually make to us when we arrive at the resort? I'm just wondering if I will need to check in if and when FP+/MBs become available for November.

14. jwilks56

jwilks56 Mouseketeer

We are going in December and I am also worried about this possible roll out. Don't get me wrong I want to test but I also want to have the option of FP- so what I am wondering is is it going live for Disney resorts and off site or just Disney resorts.
    My guess is just Disney resorts because adding all guest at once would be more chaos. Or at least that's what I am hoping. That way they keep FP-

15. kaylasmom07

kaylasmom07 DIS Veteran

Nope. People have been able to get MB and FP+ without online check in being done first. :)

16. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

On line check in becomes available 60 days from your check in date. You may want to hold off on completing it though. Many people who had their resort come on line yesterday could not see the link to personalize Magic Bands because they had already done on line check in. They had to go back into on line check in, submit it again and then the link became available.

No one with a November check in date has been able to customize Magic Bands or make Fast Pass + selections yet. They are still adding the October reservations/resorts. Those of us with November check ins should hear something soon.

17. cclement

cclement Earning My Ears

ok, i'm a little lost. i hit the 60 day mark and i cant do anything different today than yesterday. I though i could do an early check and also thought having the AP i could do the FP+. Guess i'll just keep checking every twenty minutes to see if anything changes. :dancer:

18. mommy4

mommy4 DIS Veteran

I'll join the club of November waiters too. We check in November 17, so our 60 day mark will be coming soon. We have AP's, but had to also buy 2 day tickets to get free dining. I talked to the IT people and they said everything should work out that we can get FP+ if we are eligible. We are staying at POR.

19. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

Guests with a November check in cannot customize Magic Bands or select FP+ times right now. They are busy adding in October arrivals and resorts. They will get to us. We just have to be patient and keep checking! :)

20. cclement

cclement Earning My Ears

:( :( :( :( :( I hate waiting so i'll sit back :surfweb: and check every ten minutes to see if something changed. :rotfl2:

21. houseofmouse5

houseofmouse5 Mouseketeer

Ok I hope I don't sound like an idiot but I want to do this right.
    Even though I have the option to complete the online check in for our November trip I should not complete the online check in until after I have completed the FP+ process? Is that correct?

After all this waiting I don't want to mess this up :)