Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

(Check in is oct 31st at POFQ)

The IT guy just told me,
3. Every member of the party gets magic bands, this includes babies!.. <<< this still shocks me

Yep, that's true. I customized my extended family's Oct MBs last night, and their 2 yr old is getting one.We were very surprised and at first thought it was a mistake. I ordered it anyway :confused3

We arrive at POR on November 4th.

I booked at over 500 days out. I had to wait 6+ months for our flights to be released. Wait for MVMCP dates and tickets to be released. Wait over a year for our 180+10 window to open. Wait for Dessert Party dates to go on sale. Now I'm waiting to see if we'll be able to use FP+.

I'm so tired of being patient!

500 days out? Holy cow. I planned my whole wedding in less than 3 months.

I haven't been waiting as long as you.. but I get it. I've carefully planned this "Disney bucket list" Christmas surprise trip from start to finish. I rented the points in the spring, I made my ADR's the day they opened up, booked my carriage ride, my MVMCP tickets, waited for the candlelight processional, still waiting for the Wishes dessert party. I've never spent this much on a trip or planned one in this much detail. And it's all being blown to smithereens by not knowing if and when I can book Fastpasses or if I will have access to regular fastpass. I am going at a busier time than any of our trips because I thought "I've got this, I know how to tour and use fastpass, we'll be ok."

And now? I have no clue.:headache:

I'm guessing the IT CM is right about still being able to pull FP-. With all of the resorts going live there would be a lot of chaos if for some reason the system crashed. I'm hoping/thinking they will keep them around for a few more months until they're positive all the bugs are worked out (especially with the holidays approaching and the additional crowds they bring into December)

I haven't been waiting as long as you.. but I get it. I've carefully planned this "Disney bucket list" Christmas surprise trip from start to finish. I rented the points in the spring, I made my ADR's the day they opened up, booked my carriage ride, my MVMCP tickets, waited for the candlelight processional, still waiting for the Wishes dessert party. I've never spent this much on a trip or planned one in this much detail. And it's all being blown to smithereens by not knowing if and when I can book Fastpasses or if I will have access to regular fastpass.
I am going at a busier time than any of our trips because I thought "I've got this, I know how to tour and use fastpass, we'll be ok."

And now? I have no clue.:headache:

I really hope that even if FP+ is launched resort wide in December that they keep the regular FP system in place for a time. It would be madness to overhaul the system during the holidays. I can't even imagine the issues Guest Services would have to deal with.

I hope you are right. It just wouldn't make any sense to pull in the kinds of crowds they do at Christmas and not have anyone able to use this system except for the onsite guests who did their homework ahead of time. Can you imagine sticking everyone else in standby lines:crazy2:. There would be tens of thousands of unhappy people. I still think it's going to be chaotic, but pulling the regular fastpass machines before then would be a nightmare!

I hope you are right. It just wouldn't make any sense to pull in the kinds of crowds they do at Christmas and not have anyone able to use this system except for the onsite guests who did their homework ahead of time. Can you imagine sticking everyone else in standby lines:crazy2:. There would be tens of thousands of unhappy people. I still think it's going to be chaotic, but pulling the regular fastpass machines before then would be a nightmare!

Realistically there just isn't enough people 'in the know' yet to scrap FP- completely.

The FP+ queues would be almost non-existent and standby lines would be horrendous.

I am very confident that Disney will keep the regular fast pass system going at least through 2013. And I believe that we will be able to pull the fast passes as usual along with our three FP+'s per day. The whole system for all guests isn't ready yet for them to stop issuing regular fast passes. I'm not going to worry about it for our trip.

I am very confident that Disney will keep the regular fast pass system going at least through 2013. And I believe that we will be able to pull the fast passes as usual along with our three FP+'s per day. The whole system for all guests isn't ready yet for them to stop issuing regular fast passes. I'm not going to worry about it for our trip.

I agree.. I get too worried about this and honestly, there's nothing I can do. There's a difference in staying up to date by reading here and getting anxious about it. There's nothing I can do to change anything, so I will assume the best and deal with any problems as they arise. I'll enjoy the planning and anticipation much more that way:wizard:

is it possible to use the MBs for fastpass- distribution if they use both + and - simultaneously?

is it possible to use the MBs for fastpass- distribution if they use both + and - simultaneously?

Right now they are giving resort guests a KTTW when they check in, even if they also have a MB. Guests can use the KTTW card to pull regular fp's.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Checking in to AoA on 12 November - nothing showing on our MDE yet for Magic Bands but I did notice tonight that it's now showing an option for online check-in. I'm pretty sure this wasn't there previously.

One thing I'm confused about is what the online check-in actually does - I know it sounds really obvious but if I click this what difference will it actually make to us when we arrive at the resort? I'm just wondering if I will need to check in if and when FP+/MBs become available for November.

We are going in December and I am also worried about this possible roll out. Don't get me wrong I want to test but I also want to have the option of FP- so what I am wondering is is it going live for Disney resorts and off site or just Disney resorts.
My guess is just Disney resorts because adding all guest at once would be more chaos. Or at least that's what I am hoping. That way they keep FP-

Checking in to AoA on 12 November - nothing showing on our MDE yet for Magic Bands but I did notice tonight that it's now showing an option for online check-in. I'm pretty sure this wasn't there previously.

One thing I'm confused about is what the online check-in actually does - I know it sounds really obvious but if I click this what difference will it actually make to us when we arrive at the resort? I'm just wondering if I will need to check in if and when FP+/MBs become available for November.

On line check in becomes available 60 days from your check in date. You may want to hold off on completing it though. Many people who had their resort come on line yesterday could not see the link to personalize Magic Bands because they had already done on line check in. They had to go back into on line check in, submit it again and then the link became available.

No one with a November check in date has been able to customize Magic Bands or make Fast Pass + selections yet. They are still adding the October reservations/resorts. Those of us with November check ins should hear something soon.

ok, i'm a little lost. i hit the 60 day mark and i cant do anything different today than yesterday. I though i could do an early check and also thought having the AP i could do the FP+. Guess i'll just keep checking every twenty minutes to see if anything changes. :dancer:

I'll join the club of November waiters too. We check in November 17, so our 60 day mark will be coming soon. We have AP's, but had to also buy 2 day tickets to get free dining. I talked to the IT people and they said everything should work out that we can get FP+ if we are eligible. We are staying at POR.

ok, i'm a little lost. i hit the 60 day mark and i cant do anything different today than yesterday. I though i could do an early check and also thought having the AP i could do the FP+. Guess i'll just keep checking every twenty minutes to see if anything changes. :dancer:

Guests with a November check in cannot customize Magic Bands or select FP+ times right now. They are busy adding in October arrivals and resorts. They will get to us. We just have to be patient and keep checking! :)

Ok I hope I don't sound like an idiot but I want to do this right.
Even though I have the option to complete the online check in for our November trip I should not complete the online check in until after I have completed the FP+ process? Is that correct?

After all this waiting I don't want to mess this up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter