Any East Coast singles mid 20-30's out there???

:wave2: 22/F from MA hereee. Currently debating a solo trip in Nov for my birthdayy but I'd love to find someone to share my trips with. I feel like no one near me likes Disney at all and i dont get itt :confused3 I'd love to find someone who gets giddy about going to WDW like I doooo :cloud9:

The misconception I get from people I know here in atlanta is its a 1 time kinda trip or its for the kids. Then when I tell someone that I go 1-2 times a year they think I'm crazy and that's when the women stop talking to me.

Then you're not talking to the RIGHT women!! hehehe
:rolleyes1

hurricane2017 said:
25 year old guy from NY here.

Throwing my hat in the ring. I just got back from Disney last week with my friend K8. We are good friends (dated in high school) and Disney freaks who thankfully have each other to vacation with when we need to, lol. I would love to meet someone who was as fanatical as she was that I could actually date, but leading with "So do you like Disney World?" can be weird sometimes.

I've never been on a solo trip, but now that I have an annual pass the idea seems more and more tempting. It would be nice to connect with other like minded people on here, though. Disney is always fun with others. :goodvibes

Never give up! Im debating an annual pass to cover some trips in the future, maybe ill find someone AT Disney! *a girl can hope haha*

Hi everyone,

Hopefully 35/m still fits within the constraints of the topic but seems like I'm in the same boat here in Athens GA. I work for a large University and it seems that other members of academia just don't get it. Heck, one girl actually referred to me as that weird Disney boy.

Co-workers joke constantly about if I went to Disney on an extended lunch break or I I request a leave day they'll ask if I'm going to Disney. Then I'm bombarded with the "don't you get bored" questions.

I made the mistake of taking a girlfriend to Disney hoping I could convert her. 7 nights at poly during a relatively non crowded time. She grumbled about everything... 30 minutes for soarin? I'm not waiting for that. I think that was the point I knew it was over. My princess would wait 120 mins!

So, I'm just looking for that disney girl that gets it...I know she's around and this is probably the most likely place to find her. Now if they'd just message me;)

:) I'm going to jump in too. I'm Kelly, 33 year old female from Louisville KY. I know KY isn't exactly east coast but it's not too far away, right? Nice to see that there are others out there like me, looking for a Disney loving other half. I try to make a trip a year to WDW, usually with my family since none of my friends are disney fanatics.

Unfortunatly I just found this thread. Its 7pm eastern time and I take off tomorrow morning 630am bound for MCO! YAY! I was supposed to meet up with an exCM lady friend of mine. But of course she backed out. So now I have a 4day trip, car rental and hotel (off property) and nothing to do down there!
I am continuing to go and make the best of it, but I wouldn't mind meeting someone who is Disney nutz like me. I am going to go do the free stuff, DTD and whatever else I can think of in property, also going to ThemeParkConnection warehouse and other randomness.
Anyways, im 27 male and ya... not sure what else, just a big Disney nut.
Msg me I guess and if your down there from tomorrow till Friday maybe we can go Disney shopping together, cause thats all I think I can do at the moment down there alone lol. :wizard:

- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

Ok, my turn to chime in! I'm Ruth, 27 years old living in CT. I will be going down to WDW in October for the 6th time and can't wait. My most recent trips have been with two of my close friends and we always have a blast!:jumping1:
I also just wanted to say hey to MaterilizedHaunt! I got your PM but unfortunately I'm not able to reply back until I reach 10 posts. So I will reply asap just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you!

Here we go! 32F from South Jersey(near Philly) and newly single. I now know that a love of Disney is a requirement for a partner in life. And everyone is right - those who don't share our love for this wonderful place and subject, just don't get it :) I try to spread the love wherever I go

Christy

JerseyChristy said:
those who don't share our love for this wonderful place and subject, just don't get it :)

Couldn't say it better myself. ppl think your just so odd for loving Disney and want to talk 24/7 about it. "just don't get it"

i was almost taking my first solo trip this year but i convinced my BFF's husband to let her go on a "girls only" trip. She is a fanatic as well but has not been to the world since 2003 - i cant wait to show her everything.

With regards to guys, everyone i meet thinks i am absolutely out of my mind because this is where i want to go on vacation or when they look at my pics and see the silly things that disney brings out in you they are convinced of it.

I have an 18 year old daughter but she is now a freshman at LSU so she is not able to join me on all my trips, so she wont be on my next trip but we are going back down for xmas (she already said her future husband has to have the "disney bug" as well because she is getting married at disney).

I am 35 from PA and i am a Disneyaholic and proud of it!!!!!

Hey...Solo trips are fun, but I think it's always better to go with someone who loves Disney as much as you! I'm a 32/male from Long Island NY and I go to Disney once or twice a year and my friends think I'm nuts..haha.

It was good to read this thread and no that I'm not alone..haha.

I'm actually going to Anaheim for a conference in two weeks and plan on making a quick trip to Disneyland!!

I'm also from Long Island. I will be 30 in two weeks and will be at WDW for my bday.

:wave2: 22/F from MA hereee. Currently debating a solo trip in Nov for my birthdayy but I'd love to find someone to share my trips with. I feel like no one near me likes Disney at all and i dont get itt :confused3 I'd love to find someone who gets giddy about going to WDW like I doooo :cloud9:

I'm going in Nov as well, 29 male from Mass, hard to find disney fans our age!

That's not true! I am a huge Disney fan and when I was single I was on this thread looking and amazingly I found my WDW Girl working at Disney! So Disney IS Magical and you will find what you are looking for! Keep your head up! :)

30 M single form NJ
Im crazy about everything Disney and hope to one day meet my Disney Princess
if u wanna talk more send me a private message

I'm not single but I'm disney world obsessed. Everyone at my work thinks I'm crazy because all I want to do is talk about my upcoming trip lol. I just really need a vacation.

31 year old female from MA. To be honest, I long for even one person in my life who fully understands the Disney passion. I would love love love friends who are on the same page, and I would be over the moon to meet a guy who not only gets it but who is equally as passionate about it. Friends or a more-than-a-friend who want/s to over analyze Avatarland, or daydream about Epcot pavilions, or study Mine Train developments, or get that so called lump in the throat daydreaming about finally getting on a Disney cruise, or about moving to FL and being a wdw local. Having the Disney crazy eyes can be kind of lonely!!! My friends and family for the most part tolerate it but think it's down right weird. A lot of folks see it as movies and amusement parks, not as a massive body of history, work and the long reach of imagination. A friend and her family live in Tampa and go to wdw regularly, so they do understand why I like it, and they appreciate the enthusiasm, but it's still not the same passion. There is someone in my office in another dept who owns dvc with her wife, so I try to chat with her when I can, but that is limited and we just never had a full connection. And some women in my office say they are obsessed with Disney, but they really only mean they have been to the parks growing up and that they like the princesses. Which is wonderful, but not the same passion. I know I'm not the only Disney crazy in my area, but I want a connection who truly gets it. I recently told my boss that I listen to Disney parks podcasts on my long commute, and he replied "what is there to talk about???" Of course it's my boss and there are social norms but I wanted to say "WHAT!" Haha. There is SO much! Surely I can't be too alone in thinking the Dis Podcast team have dream jobs!

I'm debating going to the next Dis meet in New England, but I don't think it's for a long time (I believe I just missed the most recent one), but I think I would be more comfortable if I knew that other singles or solos were going, or if I knew folks on the boards... I'm fine going to things by myself in general but I have to imagine those dis meets are jam packed of people excited to talk about Disney, and I'm not sure I would just nose into convos. I'm not shy, but I think it's more that I can't picture the scene.

In any event, I have been on these boards for ages but only today ventured over to the singles board. I think I'm just tired of feeling isolated in my Disney fandemonium, so I wanted to see if there are others like me. It's really nice to know that it looks like there are. I hope everyone looking for a fellow Disney lover meets their match.

I so agree with everyone here. Although I might be older than you. I took my first solo trip to disney a few weeks Ago and ran my first 5k. I am sad when I leave disney. I want to move down there and work for Disney but alas I come back to mass. My close friends also like Disney. Would like to find a boyfriend who would deal with my disney obsession. He doesn't have to love it, but accept my love for all things disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter