• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any East Coast singles mid 20-30's out there???

So funny to read this thread, I am recently separated from my husband and I keep thinking how will I ever go to Disney again and how will I ever find anyone that understands my obsession with Disney?!?! Fingers crossed for all of us!!!! :goodvibes

I've been divorced for 10 years and my trips to Disney have been so much more fun and plentiful without the extra 190lb baggage :rolleyes1. It's amazing how you find "reasons" to get there. I've finally found my prince, but he's never been to Disney, so keep your fingers crossed for me that when I finally get him there, he'll be the next convert. pixiedust:

I'm loving this post. Bit older than most of you, but feeling the same way. (I'm also from A-town,PA). Seems like the area breeds us Disney freaks. :cool1:

I feel like a freak all the time. My family actually stopped talking to me for a while when they heard I went to Disney without the kids - they thought there was something seriously wrong with me and I'd gone off the deep end. (Trust me, my kids have been plenty). I feel like I have some rare disease that everyone is uncomfortable talking about, but the DIS and this post help.:cheer2:

I feel like a freak all the time. My family actually stopped talking to me for a while when they heard I went to Disney without the kids - they thought there was something seriously wrong with me and I'd gone off the deep end. (Trust me, my kids have been plenty). I feel like I have some rare disease that everyone is uncomfortable talking about, but the DIS and this post help.:cheer2:

I told my family that I'm planning to go solo for my 30th at Halloween, and they think there's something wrong with me too! I'm single with no kids, and none of my single friends care about or like Disney, so I figure why should I stay home and be sad just because my sister can't come with me? She thinks I'm going to be lonely by myself, but I'm so excited to be going alone I can hardly stand it! I think most people seem to have a fear of being by themselves and can't understand when somebody actually chooses to do something like this by themselves. I agree, reading this board is a relief! There are plenty of people just like me! :grouphug:

So have you found your prince Charming yet? I feel the same as you when it comes to finding a Disney loving soul mate. They just don't understand us =__)

Hey everyone! No I haven't found my prince charming yet :( I have dated a few men who live around me but have come to realize dating people around where I live is pointless because it almost seems like I am dating the same arrogant, obnoxious, unintelligent guy with a different face and name haha. It's scary almost what is out there sometimes.

It seems like there is a decent amount of us in the MD/PA/NY area... maybe we could do a mini Disney meet sometime with some of us. I definitely could use some friends even that love Disney, because mine just don't get it. My own family is beginning to think I'm nuts since Disney is the only place I have a real desire to vacation, other than the beach. Of course being from MD, I can get to NJ and MD beaches in under 3 hours haha so those can even be day/weekend trips and I don't really count those as vacations!

I don't know how some of you can go solo to the parks. I feel ridiculous even going to dinner by myself, let alone on a major vacation. :rotfl: I also love sharing the experience with someone because somehow some of the magic is lost when I don't have someone to share it with :( I don't feel like I get all of the excitement out of Disney alone. All I imagine about a solo trip is getting off a ride and while everyone is like "That was awesome" haha I would just get off the ride alone and walk away awkwardly. :rotfl2: No thanks!!! I think it's great you all can do it though, I just don't think I ever could!!

Anyone else having luck in this thread?? I was so happy to read I wasn't alone. I kept thinking man there has to be single people out there who love Disney as much as me... but on the boards all I kept finding was CA and FL people haha so that didn't help me out much!

I've been divorced for 10 years and my trips to Disney have been so much more fun and plentiful without the extra 190lb baggage :rolleyes1. It's amazing how you find "reasons" to get there. I've finally found my prince, but he's never been to Disney, so keep your fingers crossed for me that when I finally get him there, he'll be the next convert. pixiedust:

I'm loving this post. Bit older than most of you, but feeling the same way. (I'm also from A-town,PA). Seems like the area breeds us Disney freaks. :cool1:

Congrats on finding your prince charming haha and good luck on converting him!! I died laughing over your post when you said you felt like you had a rare disease. My dad jokingly told me I had a sick obsession a couple of years ago and I needed to come down to reality because I lived in a Disney fantasy hahaahha :rotfl2:

Not to mention every guy I date thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go there a lot. I really don't get why that sounds so crazy anyways, it's a vacation destination... why is that so ridiculous that a person enjoys it and would want to go back? I don't get it!!!! :confused3

I don't know how some of you can go solo to the parks. I feel ridiculous even going to dinner by myself, let alone on a major vacation. :rotfl: I also love sharing the experience with someone because somehow some of the magic is lost when I don't have someone to share it with :( I don't feel like I get all of the excitement out of Disney alone. All I imagine about a solo trip is getting off a ride and while everyone is like "That was awesome" haha I would just get off the ride alone and walk away awkwardly. :rotfl2: No thanks!!! I think it's great you all can do it though, I just don't think I ever could!!

I never thought I could do Disney alone either - I still won't go to dinner or a movie on my own, but there's something so different about doing Disney alone. Yes, I'd much rather go with someone special who enjoys it even 1/2 as much as I do, but after going many times with a whiney ex, exhausted kids, friends who didn't appreciate it - there's something to be said about having the opportunity to tour it alone and do what I want when I want it. When I go with others, my total focus is making sure they have the best time possible and will also fall in love with Disney. I've only done a day alone here and there. I am looking forward to some day doing a couple of days alone, but again, I'd much rather do it with BF if he also loves it. Plus, let's not forget, I'm quite a bit older than you - alone time is more valuable to me then I ever though possible when I was your age.

Congrats on finding your prince charming haha and good luck on converting him!! I died laughing over your post when you said you felt like you had a rare disease. My dad jokingly told me I had a sick obsession a couple of years ago and I needed to come down to reality because I lived in a Disney fantasy hahaahha :rotfl2:

Not to mention every guy I date thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go there a lot. I really don't get why that sounds so crazy anyways, it's a vacation destination... why is that so ridiculous that a person enjoys it and would want to go back? I don't get it!!!! :confused3

I'm taking my prince for 2hours (yep, you read that right 2 hours) in June. We're driving by Disney and only have a couple hours so we're going to Poly for lunch and a quick ride on the monorail. I hope that's enough to get him intrigued, but he's definitely looking like an easy convert. Even though he's never been to Disney, he has a Mickey tattoo, so I'm guessing everything will work out the way I hope.

My father totally cracks me up b/c I tell him all the time he's the reason I'm so in love with Disney thanks to all the great trips they took me on when I was little and how just walking into the Poly and smelling it brings back all those great memories. He just rolls his eyes while my mother insists I must have some brain damage from the roller coasters. It really annoys her when I say I don't like roller coasters, I like all the "adult" things there are to do there. :rotfl:

Bringing up Disney when I just started dating someone was always the hardest thing to do. I just don't get it. Why do people consider it okay/normal if you wanted to sit on a beach every year or visit Las Vegas a couple times a year, or go into NYC on a regular basis, but you have serious issues if you want to visit WDW? :confused3

I'm a 36/F in South Georgia and people around here really think it is crazy to want to go back to Disney all the time. It is a militaryvtown so maybe that is the deal.

You know how I know I've been slacking on my DIS for most of the year? I'm just now stumbling across this thread.

There used to be a pretty active PA/NJ/MD/DE group on here, including a thread of it's own which did some meets, but I haven't seen a post from that group in awhile.

I do know over in the Singles Social Club thread we've got a few people from the area in there, as well as several outside the region. IN FACT.... We are actually planning a meet at Hershey Park this summer. If anyone wants to join us, You are more than welcome to do so. The More Disney Freaks the better! (Oh... A Chocolate! ;) )

Currently it's looking like we are going to do it on Saturday July 21st but full details haven't really been thrown together yet. If you are interested, you can either join in the conversation in that thread, or just check the first post as I'm planning on keeping it updated with meet info as it's available.

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Am 29 single M from NJ. Wanna know if there are any girls around my age that are as crazy about Disney as I am
Can send me a PM if wanna talk more

25 year old guy from NY here.

Throwing my hat in the ring. I just got back from Disney last week with my friend K8. We are good friends (dated in high school) and Disney freaks who thankfully have each other to vacation with when we need to, lol. I would love to meet someone who was as fanatical as she was that I could actually date, but leading with "So do you like Disney World?" can be weird sometimes.

I've never been on a solo trip, but now that I have an annual pass the idea seems more and more tempting. It would be nice to connect with other like minded people on here, though. Disney is always fun with others. :goodvibes

Hey everyone! I am just wondering if anyone else has been lucky enough to find a significant other that is just as Disney crazy as they are? I am so tired of men looking at me like I am nuts because I love all things Disney, especially the parks. I am from MD and it seems like any time I try any kind of Disney dating method the guys live primarily in CA or FL... coincidence? haha :lovestruc Would sooo love to meet prince charming, kissed far too many frogs in my day :p

Well I'm down in Orlando " of course " and my mama raised the frog out of me a long time ago and turned me into K-Charming! It's always sunny and beautiful down here. :cool1:

I'm actually considering my first solo trip sometime between Sept-Nov. I'm just not sure that I'd like going solo, with no one to share the experience with.
:confused3

One possibility for you.... Plan to come done so you can hang with some peeps during our Singles Social Club meet in mid-Oct. :goodvibes

Is anyone planning on being at WDW in December (around the 14th through the 17th)? I am looking at a bonsai trip that weekend with my BFF for my birthday.

The misconception I get from people I know here in atlanta is its a 1 time kinda trip or its for the kids. Then when I tell someone that I go 1-2 times a year they think I'm crazy and that's when the women stop talking to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter