• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any chatter about more 2016 dates?

Maybe this has been covered...but does anyone think that Disney will move the Dream on to other sailings, too? It's constantly in the Bahamas and every time I read a cruise report on the Dream there's an issue with Nassau...not to mention the new taxes/fees. That would "free" up the Dream to do other sailings with the Fantasy/Magic. The poor Magic is all over the place LOL

Maybe this has been covered...but does anyone think that Disney will move the Dream on to other sailings, too? It's constantly in the Bahamas and every time I read a cruise report on the Dream there's an issue with Nassau...not to mention the new taxes/fees. That would "free" up the Dream to do other sailings with the Fantasy/Magic. The poor Magic is all over the place LOL

The only thing about the Nassau taxes and fees is, Castaway Cay is in the Bahamas. So at least some of those taxes and fees would still apply even if they don't go to Nassau. Not sure where else they would go on short cruises. They obviously are popular or they wouldn't offer such short cruises.

Now they may well do their own research and may not read here but everything posted there has been posted here in the last three months and dime of it since August last year. One site puts it all up in one place and then that means that all the hard work by others here who have posted the same is forgotten.

They have their site, but we have months of posts here and in a blink of an eye it's all forgotten and someone else is sited as brining this information to us.

Scott and his wife are long time contributors to the DIS community and post here often.
Information from many sources helps us to put the pieces together. There are many times in real life where getting "credit" is important, but I'm not sure this is one of them.
As it is, I appreciate all of the tidbits everyone has contributed and hopefully we'll see how ( or if ) all of those pieces fit together when the schedule gets released.

Ok, hopping onboard for this ride....anyone have an educated guess which ports will bookend the WB PC? Also, a somewhat related question (forgive me if I should have posted elsewhere) but if I book opening day and buy travel insurance then find a better rate on my currently booked Alaska cruise and switch to OBB, will I have to buy a new travel insurance plan or will it convert over? Essentially, looking to see if I need to reshop at a rate lower than it appears on its face to make up for a lost Trip Insurance premium. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....

I have posted " fact" everything in the quoted link, ' has' been posted here since December. Now they may well do their own research and may not read here but everything posted there has been posted here in the last three months and dime of it since August last year. One site puts it all up in one place and then that means that all the hard work by others here who have posted the same is forgotten.

They have their site, but we have months of posts here and in a blink of an eye it's all forgotten and someone else is sited as brining this information to us.
I'm very sorry if a link to the DisneyCruiselingBlog upsets you so much.
However, in the postings since my posting of that link I see no reactions that lead to your conclusion.

if I book opening day and buy travel insurance then find a better rate on my currently booked Alaska cruise and switch to OBB, will I have to buy a new travel insurance plan or will it convert over? Essentially, looking to see if I need to reshop at a rate lower than it appears on its face to make up for a lost Trip Insurance premium. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....

funny you should ask that because that's exactly why i called Travel Guard just two hours ago! i'm planning to book summer 2016 when it comes out in a few weeks, then re-shop on board this summer. the rep said as long as you don't make any claims on the policy, you can switch the dates, costs, destination, etc. and not have to buy a new policy. but if you need medical waiver you'll want to call them within 14 days any time you make a payment, to make sure it's still covered.

but of course you'll want to call the travel insurance company you're interested to make sure they work the same way as Travel Guard.

funny you should ask that because that's exactly why i called Travel Guard just two hours ago! i'm planning to book summer 2016 when it comes out in a few weeks, then re-shop on board this summer. the rep said as long as you don't make any claims on the policy, you can switch the dates, costs, destination, etc. and not have to buy a new policy. but if you need medical waiver you'll want to call them within 14 days any time you make a payment, to make sure it's still covered.

but of course you'll want to call the travel insurance company you're interested to make sure they work the same way as Travel Guard.

Thanks much! We will need the medical waiver, so I'll make sure I call 1st.....

Just checking in. I'm looking to book Alaska 2016, too! Booked the dummy date OBB on the Fantasy in Feb!

Is the speculation that there won't be any new itineraries for Summer 2016 then? I am trying to decide if we should use our timeshare points for next year instead of cruising. DH said to wait for 2016 itineraries in case DCL offers a port/itinerary that we have not done. In the meantime, several good resorts in Hawaii have disappeared from the timeshare inventory. This is so frustrating!

Well I certainly hope the rumors of the Wonder going to Europe are wrong. I was thinking of booking DCL to Alaska for 2016 on the Wonder. We sailed the Magic in 2014 and just aren't that interested in sailing her again. Oh well, we will see I guess.

I'm currently booked on Allure of the Seas so I may just stick with that.

@DISNEY FANTASY - I appreciate all the information that you and everyone else have contributed to this thread.

Well I certainly hope the rumors of the Wonder going to Europe are wrong. I was thinking of booking DCL to Alaska for 2016 on the Wonder. We sailed the Magic in 2014 and just aren't that interested in sailing her again. Oh well, we will see I guess.

Unless the Panama Canal is finished in time (and it sounds like there are serious doubts that it will), only the Wonder can fit through, so she'll likely be the one to sail to Alaska.

Unless the Panama Canal is finished in time (and it sounds like there are serious doubts that it will), only the Wonder can fit through, so she'll likely be the one to sail to Alaska.

From what I've read, the locks are supposed to be finished at the end of 2015 but hopefully they won't be so that I can sail the Wonder instead of the Magic. haha

From what I've read, the locks are supposed to be finished at the end of 2015 but hopefully they won't be so that I can sail the Wonder instead of the Magic. haha
I'm the opposite... I'm hoping it's the Magic that does Alaska in 2016!

I'm very sorry if a link to the DisneyCruiselingBlog upsets you so much.
However, in the postings since my posting of that link I see no reactions that lead to your conclusion.

What I fail to understand is why DISNEY FANTASY went back and edited his previous posts from 12 days earlier to remove the predicted date and give a new date.
That just smacks of embarrassment, and rather than just say, yep I was wrong, Ive heard now this date.
And the self designed DCL style flyer promoting the original announcement date on behalf of DCL was quickly removed to.

The DCL blog has never removed inaccurate information without a note saying why from what Ive read.
Having read this board for years before joining, there has always been some resentment from him towards the blog for whatever reason.

Feb 17 Panama Canal update stated target for ships transiting is early 2016. DCL had been in negotiations with the PC Authority to get exemption for oversized ship to allow Magic through. She actually will fit but it is gate to gate which is only rarely allowed by permit. The gave up late 2013 or early 2014 when cost was outrageous. They may have expected the new locks to be open in 2015 since they were scheduled to complete in 2014.

Me, I just wonder why they would take Wonder to same shipyard that did Magic. There were so many problems why do it again. But if they are going to refurb in Europe maybe they could use one of the Irish shipyards. If the Wonder heads over I will be aboard.

What I fail to understand is why DISNEY FANTASY went back and edited his previous posts from 12 days earlier to remove the predicted date and give a new date.
That just smacks of embarrassment, and rather than just say, yep I was wrong, Ive heard now this date.
And the self designed DCL style flyer promoting the original announcement date on behalf of DCL was quickly removed to.

The DCL blog has never removed inaccurate information without a note saying why from what Ive read.
Having read this board for years before joining, there has always been some resentment from him towards the blog for whatever reason.

Don't know him, don't know you.....been around boards long enough to watch people who try to help get cut-up and bashed for trying to help. We are all speculating/projecting/wishing, yet somehow people get overly invested. As for why someone would change a post to reflect updated info? Because the boards are full of people who admittedly only read part of a thread, or only the opening post..heck, tons don't even bother to look for a thread before asking a question! Not sure what your axe is, but this post makes it look like you are the one with the problem. Breathe a bit....if you don't like his speculation, then ignore it.

It all depends of shipyard drydock availability, and being able to manage a ship's size.
Also the experience of refitting and adapting a ship with new modifications such as the Aqua Dunk.
I have no knowledge of Irish ship yards, but I agree porting in Ireland would be a great selling draw for a lot of cruisers whilst over in Europe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter