• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any chatter about more 2016 dates?

You certainly have done nothing to offend me. Sorry if it seemed I was referring to you. I was just making a general comment regarding the "authority" that some people seem to post with. But, not you. :goodvibes
Hey, I resemble that remark. But I AM the village Idiot! ::yes::

We're in the same boat. I have a freshman and a senior, and neither of them WANT to be pulled out. Its just too hard to catch up, and the AP courses are well beyond my ability, so no help there! We've had pretty good luck with Thanksgiving prices. I've also noticed that the short cruises over spring break (especially the Magic) are more reasonable. I hate to wish their life away, but it did occur to me that when they are both in college, we can sail the first week of January while they're still on break - CHEAP! But by that point, they probably won't want to vacation with us anymore (sad). Good luck to you!

Jodie
Don't worry about them not wanting to cruise with you after they go to college. My kids did and enjoyed the break(s). Also in our experience they really like going on vacation with us AFTER they graduated from college and were out working in the real world - with lower paying jobs and lots of bills. They really appreciated going on vacation with us since we were paying.

A bit off topic but I am new to cruising and wondering when Christmas/Holiday week cruise dates are typically announced? Specifically I am considering Christmas 2016/ New Years 2017. I have the same issue with having older kids who can no longer miss school :(.

A bit off topic but I am new to cruising and wondering when Christmas/Holiday week cruise dates are typically announced? Specifically I am considering Christmas 2016/ New Years 2017. I have the same issue with having older kids who can no longer miss school :(.
Well, we're still waiting for the summer 2016 itineraries right now. I think the current speculation for winter 2016/17 is something like around May.

I'm just curious why people are saying they prefer the Wonder so much more over the Magic? Aren't they almost the same except for the imagineering done recently on the Magic? I have only been on the Dream and are sailing Wonder to Alaska in June. We are impatiently waiting to book the Magic (I assume) to Europe 2016. I'm just curious after seeing this mentioned a few times here.

I'm just curious why people are saying they prefer the Wonder so much more over the Magic? Aren't they almost the same except for the imagineering done recently on the Magic? I have only been on the Dream and are sailing Wonder to Alaska in June. We are impatiently waiting to book the Magic (I assume) to Europe 2016. I'm just curious after seeing this mentioned a few times here.
Some of us like the "classic" look that the Wonder still has. The Magic was re-imagined to look, basically, like a mini-me of the Dream class ships. We, well at least "I" much prefer to have the ship each have their own personalities.

I like the Wonder, partly because she was my first Disney ship. Also I am a big fan of Chiully and his chandelier is still there. I'll miss it when they reimagine the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter