Any chatter about more 2016 dates?

do the west coast sailings -say, hypothetically, Vancouver to San Diego - sail close enough to the coast to be able to see it?
No you'll be around 12+ miles from the coast most of the way, definitely out of cell reception if that's what you were wondering, or visual coastal observation. Did a 7 day Los Angles to Vancouver trip on the Wonder in 2013, and once we departed LA we couldn't see land until we put into San Francisco on the 3rd day.

No you'll be around 12+ miles from the coast most of the way, definitely out of cell reception if that's what you were wondering, or visual coastal observation. Did a 7 day Los Angles to Vancouver trip on the Wonder in 2013, and once we departed LA we couldn't see land until we put into San Francisco on the 3rd day.
ok thanks!

do the west coast sailings -say, hypothetically, Vancouver to San Diego - sail close enough to the coast to be able to see it?

When we sailed from NYC in the summer of 2012 on the Magic, there were times we could see lights on the coast, but never actual land-

At the CC reception last week, Commodore Tom indicated the Panama Canal has a late 2016 completion date at this time. That gives me hope that we could take the Wonder again next year! That's the cruise I most want to book when the new itineries come out.

Confirmation of posts here over the last few months, and even 2014.

We have posted a lot more information here over the last months these port calls have all been posted here:-

In addition it's been posted:-

12 night Med and Greece cruise August 1st a Monday departure.
7 night Med cruises on Saturdays after that. Till late September.
DCL will go to Alaska port bookings there but for slightly less time, allowing use of other West coast destinations before and after.
Drydocks Fantasy and Wonder, ( routine)

Everything has been posted here are more already, and the delay in release us caused by looking at the Oasis of the Seas going to home port at Port Canaveral starting in 2016 and its impact there, do they have to change cruises and prices.

Last edited:
That is a good summary of most what was talked about. Nice to have it in one place and with some screen shots. I really like how Scott is making clear that this is all speculative and not set in stone.

Well as said everything has been posted here most of it since August last year but the finer detail since say December, there has been multiple threads here that doesn't help but the majority do say in the title rumours or speculation do everyone knows that. In fact you can see how port bookings are made then changed so good rumours are changed they were based on fact but until the button is pushed for a release anything can be changed.

But we can see we gave all been on the sent and the speculation here has been spot on for months now.

We just need a release that is now said to be this month and very soon as good DCL TAs are forming wait lists with requests. I was contacted this week by my TA saying what do I want to book and they had everything of the above on Monday.

I think some people think everything is set in stone a long way out, yes they look at possible ports up to three years in advance but they have a Plan A B and C and shift those about and it's not set until about a week or so before release.

So all the speculation here so far has been " supported" by this article but we all knew that already.

Confirmation of posts here over the last few months, and even 2014.

We have posted a lot more information here over the last months these port calls have all been posted here:-

In addition it's been posted:-

12 night Med and Greece cruise August 1st a Monday departure.
7 night Med cruises on Saturdays after that. Till late September.
DCL will go to Alaska port bookings there but for slightly less time, allowing use of other West coast destinations before and after.
Drydocks Fantasy and Wonder, ( routine)

Everything has been posted here are more already, and the delay in release us caused by looking at the Oasis of the Seas going to home port at Port Canaveral starting in 2016 and its impact there, do they have to change cruises and prices.

Europe would be nice if my youngest were older/more mature. Eldest is into architecture so the Med would be great.

Really crossing my fingers they put San Juan back in....

Disney Fantasy, why are you so critical/disparaging of the dcl blog?

Europe would be nice if my youngest were older/more mature. Eldest is into architecture so the Med would be great.

Really crossing my fingers they put San Juan back in....

The Med is fantastic try for the 12 night with Athens and Kusadasi there is a lot of architecture and historical sites there, it was a brilliant cruise.
Disney Fantasy, why are you so critical/disparaging of the dcl blog?

Ok ? I have not been critical and certainly not disparaging in any way whatsoever, note sure where that has come from. I have posted " fact" everything in the quoted link, ' has' been posted here since December. Now they may well do their own research and may not read here but everything posted there has been posted here in the last three months and dime of it since August last year. One site puts it all up in one place and then that means that all the hard work by others here who have posted the same is forgotten.

They have their site, but we have months of posts here and in a blink of an eye it's all forgotten and someone else is sited as brining this information to us.

If you read my couple of posts there isn't any negative comment at all re the other site, just its all been here before.

I you might have seen have been absent here and stopped contributing here because this is what occurs, a lot of people put a lot of effort in and it's forgotten in a blink of an eye, then you read posts saying why aren't the people in the know posting on the 2016 threads, because it's a thankless task. You try to answer, you try to help, and its critiqued.

In the last few weeks three TAs have approached he for my opinions on 2016 they do the same each year, some even post it on their websites. Here a few are not interested, and when you state facts that we posted this over the last few months I am called disparaging, but there isn't a single word or sentence to support that is there?

This is the main reason I have stopped posting here.

Last edited:
Well, nothing except for your posts. I was just curious; clearly there is some issue of "credit" being given to the blog that you don't like. I won't divert this thread by debating it further.

The Med is fantastic try for the 12 night with Athens and Kusadasi there is a lot of architecture and historical sites there, it was a brilliant cruise.

Ok ? I have not been critical and certainly not disparaging in any way whatsoever, note sure where that has come from. I have posted " fact" everything in the quoted link, ' has' been posted here since December. Now they may well do their own research and may not read here but everything posted there has been posted here in the last three months and dime of it since August last year. One site puts it all up in one place and then that means that all the hard work by others here who have posted the same is forgotten.

I appreciate the information you have always given. I am sure you don't mean to sound the way to do. Sometimes writing comes across differently then you want to. To me, sometimes your post seem like you are full of ego, no disrespect intended. If someone post something you immediately jump saying you already said that. While it is innocent it just comes across conceited. Again NO disrespected intended, simply noting how some may interpret your posts

Last edited:

Not really. We did sail under the Golden Gate Bridge entering/exiting San Francisco. That was great!

I you might have seen have been absent here and stopped contributing here because this is what occurs, a lot of people put a lot of effort in and it's forgotten in a blink of an eye, then you read posts saying why aren't the people in the know posting on the 2016 threads, because it's a thankless task. You try to answer, you try to help, and its critiqued.

In the last few weeks three TAs have approached he for my opinions on 2016 they do the same each year, some even post it on their websites. Here a few are not interested, and when you state facts that we posted this over the last few months I am called disparaging, but there isn't a single word or sentence to support that is there?

This is the main reason I have stopped posting here.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate all of the info that you have shared and hope that you will continue to do so!

Well, nothing except for your posts. I was just curious; clearly there is some issue of "credit" being given to the blog that you don't like. I won't divert this thread by debating it further.

No, you have taken it wrong, the point is, everything on that one article has been posted here before over months.

I appreciate the information you have always given. I am sure you don't mean to sound the way to do. Sometimes writing comes across differently then you want to. To me, sometimes your post seem like you are full of ego, no disrespect intended. If someone post something you immediately jump saying you already said that. While it is innocent it just comes across conceited. Again NO disrespected intended, simply noting how some may interpret your posts
Thank you for the feedback on a written forum without face to face contact the written word can come across harder and if you do not see a smile or hear the tone said it can be interpreted in a million ways. I do not think I am full of ego, sorry if it ever goes that way, however in these forums you gave to go on the defensive every so often.

You and others predict things 95% comes true and 5% is wrong and you get slammed for the 5% and forgotten about the 95%. The further out you predict or post rumours the more time they have to be wrong and be changed, the closer you publish something to its occurrence the more chance your going to be more accurate. These ports and the locations of the ships have been predicted " here" for months, then hey someone else posts it elsewhere and everything here is forgotten. People may well gave different sources of information and do their own research, but it was posted here it's been on the money so far, but in return you get accused of stuff so a thankless process not worth undertaking.

It's like predicting global warming and saying that were 95% sure we will warm up 0.85% and if we pump more than a trillion of carbon into the atmosphere we will heat up by 2C, but there is a statically proven chance of 66% of that, so you have a few say global warming isn't here!

If we go into the future someone can post it was all true, but we need information now, do now we take best guess and see if our predictions are right,

Anyway the information has all been here.
This is the main reason I have stopped posting here.

I appreciate all of the info that you have shared and hope that you will continue to do so!
Thank you.

Last edited:

Like I said...it'd be great for the eldest...but I think the 6-year-old not so much. That'll be one we can do for her high school graduation or something, where the now 6-year-old will be 11 or 12. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter