Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Well my plan to have a day to graze tomorrow has come to end, but for a good reason. My son-in-law took our DGDs out of town to see the other grandparents for the weekend, so we're going to brunch with DD tomorrow. It's a fabulous buffet, so there's no stopping until you just can't take another bite. And there's mimosas, and bloody marys.:teeth:

Micca, will you really be there (mentally) to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow night after those yummy buffet drinks?? ;)

Micca, will you really be there (mentally) to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow night after those yummy buffet drinks?? ;)
Please be seated, I'm going to reveal a shocking truth about myself: I don't like sports, I'm missing the gene that allows a human to enjoy sports. Football, basketball, baseball...it doesn't move me and therefore I don't watch it. I get that I'm the odd man out here and even my wife is a big sports fan. I used to enjoy the commercials but I can see all that stuff on YouTube anytime after tomorrow, no need to sit through hours of programming I'm not interested in.

I'll see bits of the broadcast because DW will be watching and I'll pass by the tv occasionally and then I'll come downstairs and watch some stuff on the DVR and maybe a Disney movie. This is the type of thing that can be enjoyed no matter how many yummy buffet drinks I consume. ;)

Please be seated, I'm going to reveal a shocking truth about myself: I don't like sports, I'm missing the gene that allows a human to enjoy sports. Football, basketball, baseball...it doesn't move me and therefore I don't watch it. I get that I'm the odd man out here and even my wife is a big sports fan. I used to enjoy the commercials but I can see all that stuff on YouTube anytime after tomorrow, no need to sit through hours of programming I'm not interested in.

I'll see bits of the broadcast because DW will be watching and I'll pass by the tv occasionally and then I'll come downstairs and watch some stuff on the DVR and maybe a Disney movie. This is the type of thing that can be enjoyed no matter how many yummy buffet drinks I consume. ;)

I'm with you, Micca. I used to like to watch UTVols and then the Colts and then the Broncos. But, now that Peyton is gone, I no longer like football. I guess I'm more of a person fan than a sports fan. I usually watch Super Bowl for the commercials and halftime show (except for the years Peyton was in it), but depending on what time the game is tomorrow, I might go to the barn if I'm feeling well (have been sick the past two days). It is a good excuse to have fun food, though. Enjoy your brunch!

I wish I didn't like sports. If not for sports, I would be fine without a TV. No satellite/cable bill would be nice. Like your wife, I'm more of a sports fan than DH is, but he enjoys watching select games. I'll watch anybody play basketball & football. I'm more selective with baseball, but we're all about the Tampa Rays. North Carolina Tar Heels & Tampa Rays are my passions.

Well my plan to have a day to graze tomorrow has come to end, but for a good reason. My son-in-law took our DGDs out of town to see the other grandparents for the weekend, so we're going to brunch with DD tomorrow. It's a fabulous buffet, so there's no stopping until you just can't take another bite. And there's mimosas, and bloody marys.:teeth:
That sounds like a perfect day to me. There's nothing better than spending time with your adult child. I tell DS the best gift he can ever give me is the gift of time with him.

PS: There will be plenty of time for grazing, before the game is over. :D

Don't worry Micca. My DH isn't a big sports' fan either. He will watch a "big" game for awhile with my brothers and then sneak off to his mancave to watch Alaskan Bush People, Mountain Men and all the pawn shop shows!! :teeth:

There's nothing better than spending time with your adult child

And she's delightful to spend time with. She's extremely busy with a full time job/part time job/raising two kids/wife stuff, it's good for her to get a break from all that and be with the two people that care for her most. Good for us too:)

My DH isn't a big sports' fan either. He will watch a "big" game for awhile with my brothers and then sneak off to his mancave to watch Alaskan Bush People, Mountain Men and all the pawn shop shows!! :teeth:

I don't watch those shows but I have seen them and would choose them over sports. My mancave tv is set to default to TCM--no commercials, no news, no competitions of cooking/singing/dancing/throwing-kicking-bouncing balls, etc. :)

I wish I didn't like sports. If not for sports, I would be fine without a TV. No satellite/cable bill would be nice. Like your wife, I'm more of a sports fan than DH is, but he enjoys watching select games. I'll watch anybody play basketball & football. I'm more selective with baseball, but we're all about the Tampa Rays. North Carolina Tar Heels & Tampa Rays are my passions.
It's cool that you enjoy sports, me too. :goodvibes I like football, but really love college softball and baseball. My favorite time of year is right around the corner! :flower:

Back from brunch, I will never eat again! ;) My capacity for gluttony is diminishing, I was starting to fill up 1/2 way through the second plate and couldn't finish it.:sad2: Still, I managed to make my way through a small plate of desserts. :teeth:

You're not alone. I enjoy watching big games and sports events just for the spectacle and to get together with friends. I could take it or leave it beyond that.

I enjoy watching big games and sports events just for the spectacle and to get together with friends.

Thanks DC. I get that a lot people...MOST people are passionate about sporting events, I happen to be that way about music & Disney. The difference is I don't engage the check out person at the grocery store as to whether Rivers Of Light is going to open in tandem with Pandora. My eye doc always strikes up some sports related topic (Those guys sure took a beating out there on the field...) and I hardly ever even know what he's talking about.:) Today someone texted me something about the Superbowl and the issue of inflate-gate came up. DW asked me if I knew what that meant, she was surprised when I actually had heard of it and had the general idea of the controversy.

Phew, made it. The boards go down for maintenance at 8pm here so I haven't read a damn thing since I last posted because I was hellbent on giving out as many likes as I possibly could in the short time frame I had, tick tock...2 minutes till meltdown.

BBL :wave:

Phew, made it. The boards go down for maintenance at 8pm here so I haven't read a damn thing since I last posted because I was hellbent on giving out as many likes as I possibly could in the short time frame I had, tick tock...2 minutes till meltdown.

Hi Jo. :wave: How's life been Down Under?

Wait--There are mining reality shows???:rotfl2:
Several actually; they are very educational! :laughing: Did you know you could suck gold off the bottom of the ocean with a big vacuum cleaner?

:mad: Way to patronize me jevsie...I thought I was special. Just for that I am not "liking" your post that I quoted. (I may have gotten a little bitter since we last talked...:rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter