Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

OK, I'll start. My younger brother and sil went out west to Vancouver to live this past Fall to be near their daughter, sil, the grands, and to get away from the snow here in SW Ontario. I was teasing him about our weather, and theirs almost weekly. However, now I'm concerned because they've had another 20cm on top of the 44cm accumulated recently. The pictures are scaring me into worry about their roof collapsing.

They are both seniors, and he had a heart stent put in just over a year ago. I pray he doesn't try to shovel their roof. :(
Their sil could do it but, he's in search, and rescue and not at home these days very much.

Last edited:
I pray he doesn't try to shovel their roof.

I watch my neighbor who lives behind me do that. Good grief that looks like a catastrophe ready to happen. He sets a ladder up on his deck (covered with snow) climbs up the ladder and tries to pull the snow off the roof with a shovel. Fortunately heavy snows are rare around my neck of the woods.

The weather here is awful. It was 44C at the hottest today, thankfully gone down to 40C the moment. We are apparently having a string of these kinds of days - nothing to do with climate change of course (tic). There's been a few health warnings released asking the public to look in on the very old or infirm. Plus the usual no kids or animals left in cars - yeah it's a thing here as well. Today's health warning is to let us know that Victoria has had over 800 cases of Ross River Virus since January 1st when we normally have between 20-50. Good times indeed.

I currently want to be out lying in the snow naked.

16640985_10209956454602768_2305461169382109290_n.jpg

Have to say I wouldnt swap my weather for a 40C heatwave... here in the NE of England its been drab and cold, pretty cold in fact but I'd take that over melting alive tbh. Wouldn't mind some nice 15C or higher weather, can't expect anything like that until easter I think.

Oh well, at least I have Orlando in September to look forward to, hopefully I readjust to the heat and humidity reasonably well...

at least I have Orlando in September to look forward to, hopefully I readjust to the heat and humidity reasonably well...

As you probably know, September is still very much summer in central FL. This is why a touring strategy based on slushies and frozen drinks/treats are a vital part of the equation. May I suggest the Grey Goose slushie in Epcot at the France pavilion? :drinking1

@jevs you could make do with a frozen margarita about now.:thumbsup2

I watch my neighbor who lives behind me do that. Good grief that looks like a catastrophe ready to happen. He sets a ladder up on his deck (covered with snow) climbs up the ladder and tries to pull the snow off the roof with a shovel. Fortunately heavy snows are rare around my neck of the woods.
I have had a roof rake for years, use it every several years after blizzards or multiple snows over a short period of time. No danger of falling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...3-d8fb-5f56-a661-4a86d326454b&pf_rd_i=3043491

.maybe we need to just go back to talking about food
You don't have to twist my arm!

I'm making nachos for dinner

Love 'em. In my version I use a small amount of nacho cheese (the stuff in a jar) and add real shredded cheese on top of it. I add other stuff too, but the two different kinds of cheese makes them tasty. :)

Ok guys with all this talk about blizzards, roofs collapsing, too much wind, too much rain and fog and temps so hot Jo wants to lay down in snow.....maybe we need to just go back to talking about food. :rotfl:

I'm making nachos for dinner.
DS & I were just talking about nachos literally 2 minutes ago. :rotfl: We bought some guacamole last weekend for nachos that was the best guac I've ever had. I was just telling DS we need to have nachos tomorrow night to eat the rest of it. Tonight it's spaghetti & garlic bread for us.

A quick update, today was an infusion day for dh, so we were at the clinic most of the day. Tomorrow more packing, and then we go to the hotel on Sun.
Things are getting done, but I'll admit I will be so glad when it's all on the moving van.
We're almost there.

We're almost there

I'm forgetting Gwynne, are you moving a long distance? I'm excited for you, moving into new digs is fun. Well the moving part isn't, but setting things up like you want them is satisfying. We lived in a very old house for a long time that basically had every window in the house painted shut. When we moved it was such a novelty to open the windows! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!