And at Last I See the Light...Or at Least the Tangled Bathrooms! **COMPLETED 2/8**

June 16th (Part One)-"Good morning! Good morning! To you and you and you and you!"

Today was our second to last park day and we were going to the Magic Kingdom again! It was our last chance to see the Welcome Show, so we got up early in order to get to the Magic Kingdom by 9:00. The past few mornings Nick had been very tired, so we weren't entirely sure if he was going to make it this morning. However, he got ready quickly and was set to go!

ry%3D400

My mom didn't want to get up early, though, so she stayed back in the room and relaxed. My dad, brother, and I left and were out of the room by 8:00. We waited for the bus which came almost immediately and there was hardly a line! SUCH a pleasant contrast to our first Magic Kingdom day.
There were only about three other families in addition to ours on the bus! It was so empty!

ry%3D400

I was sitting next to a little boy and his dad and the kid was just SO adorable. I talked to them and learned that they had been at Downtown Disney the day before, so his dad told him that today was going to be ten times more fun than yesterday because they were going to the MAGIC KINGDOM. I asked the boy if it was his first time to Disney World and he nodded; then I asked if he was having fun so far. He was quite shy so his dad answered a big, enthusiastic YES for him. They were so adorable.
Pretty soon we passed this beautiful sight--THE CONTEMP IS MY DREAM RESORT.

ry%3D400

Then we arrived at the Magic Kingdom! I wished the little boy and his family a good day and then we got off the bus!

IRON MAN MONORAIL. I think it's called the Starkorail?

ry%3D400

In April we rode the monorail three times and each time it was the Iron Man one. So we basically claimed it as our own and even devised a plan to live in it forever and never leave Disney again.

ry%3D400

Good times.

Both of my favorite modes of transportation in one picture!

ry%3D400

I went through bag check and emerged to see this beautiful sight!

ry%3D400

Seriously one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken.

We found a spot right in front of the train station and waited, since we'd arrived around 8:20 and the show didn't start until 8:45.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I love this window so much.

ry%3D400

Only 15 more minutes!

ry%3D400

How do you think they even came up with this number? I've always wondered if it has a special, hidden meaning like everything in Disney World.

ry%3D400

Before we knew it, it was time!

ry%3D400

The performers were adorable and so enthusiastic!

ry%3D400

I especially love the Tremaines. Drizella's face just makes my life.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then I tried my best to get a picture of Mickey...but his eyes WOULD NOT STAY OPEN.

ry%3D400

A little better:

ry%3D400

There we go!

ry%3D400

What a challenge. #thestruggle

Soon the Magic Kingdom was opened and we went in!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Our first stop was the Town Square Theater to meet some lovely princesses!

ry%3D400

Next Post

June 16th (Part Two)-Meeting Princesses!

We got in there quite early and looked throughout the queue while we waited.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Nick was given the ever-so-coveted red card!

ry%3D400

While we were in line, my mom called me and asked where we were so that she could meet up with us, as she'd just arrived in the park. We told her where we were and a few minutes later she found us. By that time we were almost to the front and I was passing the time by talking to the family in front of us. It was the daughter's birthday and she was SO BEYOND excited to meet the princesses. OBVIOUSLY WHO ISN'T. So we bonded over that.
We made it in there and our first princess was Rapunzel! MY FAVORITE!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Since Eugene wasn't with her, I asked her what he was up to at the moment and she told me he was teaching the guys at the Snuggly Duckling how to smolder. Then she asked Nick if he could learn how to smolder and he said, "Sure, why not, if Flynn teaches me!" She also commented on my "satchel" and I told her that there was no crown in it today, unfortunately. She was a bit bummed out about that. Rapunzel was super spunky and energetic and acted just like she normally does!

ry%3D400

Our next princess was the lovely Aurora!

We are deep in conversation.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The first thing she did was comment on how we were all wearing blue today (which we actually didn't plan at all) and said that Merryweather would appreciate it. She also asked where we were from and wanted us to clear up a rumor for her; someone had told her that there's so much cheese where we're from that sometimes people actually wear it on their heads.
IT WAS SO HILARIOUS I LAUGHED SO HARD OH MY GOD.
We told her it was true and she was glad she had that verified for her. She also asked if there were any dragons where we lived and we said there thankfully weren't. She was happy about that as Maleficent is not someone you would want to come across.
Although she was a bit quiet, Aurora was lovely and beautiful like always!

ry%3D400

Next was Cinderella!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This princess has got an attitude:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I honestly can not remember what we talked about with her. I couldn't even remember when writing it in my trip journal. That's really unfortunate and I'm so sorry I can't report back on that. But she looked gorgeous and was very regal.

ry%3D400

We exited through the gift shop and lost my mom for a little while. After much confusion we found her again and exited for real.
We came across this amazing flower fountain, which I am convinced is the cutest thing in the entire world.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It's so secluded and looks so serene. I just want to spend hours here.

But we had stuff to do!

Like take millions of castle pictures and eat breakfast!

So we left and walked down Main Street.

ry%3D400

Love this one:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I became obsessed taking photos of these gorgeous flowers with Main Street/Cinderella's Castle as the background. They turned out beautiful!

ry%3D400

We made it to the hub and that's when the intense Castle photo-shoot happened again.

Next Post

June 16th (Part Three)-Cinderella's Castle and Breakfast!

Forewarning: this update is all castle photos and breakfast. Nothing else. Because really, what more do you need out of life?

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After we took in the majestic beauty of Cinderella's Castle, we went to Sleepy Hollow Refreshments for breakfast!
We were getting WAFFLES!

ry%3D400

During this time, my dad actually wandered over to Tomorrowland to get Fastpasses for Space Ranger Spin for him and Nick, and Space Mountain ones for my mom and I. So we ordered him a waffle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.

ry%3D400

Nick got one with just powdered sugar.

ry%3D400

Mom got one with strawberries, powdered sugar, and whipped cream.

ry%3D400

And I got the marvelous creation that is the Nutella Waffle Sandwich!

ry%3D400

SO GOOD. OH MY GOD. I don't even like bananas--actually, I abhor them. So the fact that this waffle could make me eat them and LIKE them was a big deal. No other waffle could ever compare to this. Just saying.

We were the only ones in the eating area for quite some time, but then others started showing up. It was quite lovely being the only ones because, you know, it's Disney World and all.

I didn't want to finish my whole waffle (since we had big ADR's for lunch AND dinner today), so I gave about the 1/4 left of it to Nick. From there, insanity ensued. And my mom documented it all on camera.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

He was just loving life. After such a wonderful breakfast, we wandered off into Liberty Square!

Since my parents were really feeling the heat, they wanted prolonged air conditioning, so we went into the Hall of Presidents.

ry%3D400

My dad also REALLY REALLY likes this show. He's huge on politics, so it definitely suits him.

ry%3D400

But I don't like this show at all. During it, I usually take a nap in order to recharge for the rest of the day. We've seen it so many times that it just doesn't seem worth the time when there's so much else to do; plus, I've never really liked it from the start because I hate all things involving politics. Anyway, I used the time to take a short nap which did feel quite nice, actually. Then we headed to the land of tomorrow!

Next Post

I just spent the entire morning catching up on your ENTIRE trip report thus far. I must say I LOVE it and cant wait for more updates. I'm shocked to read this is your first TR because I love the way you write!

awesome job, cant wait for more!

I just spent the entire morning catching up on your ENTIRE trip report thus far. I must say I LOVE it and cant wait for more updates. I'm shocked to read this is your first TR because I love the way you write! awesome job, cant wait for more!

Oh my goodness, thank you! This made my day!
I guess I've just always been into writing, so maybe that's why it sounds like a TR-veteran.
Thank you so much, and there'll definitely be some updates coming in the next week!

At the exit, a CM was giving high fives to the guests as they were leaving, so my dad obviously asked him, "Can I get a high five?" And the CM said, "How about a high four?" because the Mickey glove he was wearing only had four fingers on it.

I love this!!! :lmao: I love when CM's are so enthusiastic about their jobs, even if at that moment it only consists of waving to guests as they leave the parks. :goodvibes

Your princess meets were great! I love that Sleeping Beauty asked about people wearing cheese on their heads. :rotfl: Priceless!! I used to get so nervous meeting face characters because I was worried I'd have nothing to say, but when you get a good one, you don't even have to worry about that.

Mmm, every single one of those waffles looks insanely delicious!

Love the new updates! I'm seriously going to re read your whole trip report the night before I leave for my trip (if I'm calm enough to sit still, that is...) :) this TR makes me so exciteddd!

I love this!!! :lmao: I love when CM's are so enthusiastic about their jobs, even if at that moment it only consists of waving to guests as they leave the parks. :goodvibes Your princess meets were great! I love that Sleeping Beauty asked about people wearing cheese on their heads. :rotfl: Priceless!! I used to get so nervous meeting face characters because I was worried I'd have nothing to say, but when you get a good one, you don't even have to worry about that. Mmm, every single one of those waffles looks insanely delicious!

Energetic CM's are the absolute BEST. They honestly make Disney World what it is with their kind actions and smiles.

Haha Aurora was so hilarious! Her facial expression when she asked us about the cheese; it was so serious! The face characters do a pretty good job of carrying a conversation, so it's nothing to worry about. Especially with the really good ones that are SO into their roles.

Those waffles were delicious! The next time you go, you need to try one!

Love the new updates! I'm seriously going to re read your whole trip report the night before I leave for my trip (if I'm calm enough to sit still, that is...) :) this TR makes me so exciteddd!

Aww, thanks! I'm so happy this makes you so excited! When is your trip? I hope you have tons of fun!

June 16th (Part Four)-The time when one of the biggest accomplishments of my life took place.

After we left The Hall of Presidents, we went back through the Hub where Dream Along with Mickey was happening!

"Get ready for the magic, a spectacle beyond compare!"

ry%3D400

"Welcome to a kingdom of dreams where enchantment never ends!"

ry%3D400

We didn't stay to watch the whole thing, though. Passing by Uncle Walt and Mickey, we headed to Tomorrowland!

ry%3D400

A feathered creature was making himself at home right on Walt's head.

ry%3D400

Into Tomorrowland!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Where else could you find futuristic metal palm trees?

ry%3D400

Mom and I used our Space Mountain Fastpasses, while Dad and Nick used their Space Ranger Spin ones!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was a blast! But they put my mom and I in separate carts.
I was the only one in mine who knew where the camera was, but that's not really saying much since there's only three people in the vehicle.

ry%3D400

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I have some MAJOR crazy eyes going on in that picture. I love it.

We met up with Dad and Nick and saw PUSH!

ry%3D400

He enjoyed chasing small children.
I also ruined the magic for myself and found the person who controls him, but oh well.

ry%3D400

Next we went on the Laugh Floor!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was great. Even more great than usual.
Why, you ask?
Because...
I MADE IT ONTO THE SCREEN!
MY DREAM CAME TRUE!
I WAS SO HAPPY I LEGITIMATELY ALMOST CRIED.
It was during the Buddy Boyle part. He used his "telepathetic" qualities to read my mind. I had to pick a number between one and three trillion gazillion and I picked one million and four. I mean, is there any other way to go? He shut his eyes so he wouldn't hear me tell the audience my number and then he tried to guess my number. First, he had me put my hands on my head like antennae. Then I had to make the magic antenna noise. But he forgot to tell me what the magic antenna noise was so it was an awkward situation for a few seconds there. So I was like, "Hey, Buddy. Tell me the magic antenna noise and I'll do whatever you want." He informed me then, and he read my mind.
And you know what? He guessed right on the first try! How does he do that? Hahahahaha sarcasm. Oh, Buddy Boyle.
That was such an awesome experience. Since the first time I went on the Laugh Floor I made it a goal to get on screen at some point and IT FINALLY HAPPENED.

Anyway, after that, we were going to go meet Merida, but her line was quite long and my parents didn't want to wait in the hot sun. The heat was definitely getting to them and they weren't feeling too well, so we skipped meeting Merida.

ry%3D400

Instead, we went to the Merchant of Venus store to see if I could trade one of my Vinylmations there. I couldn't do it there, but the extremely nice CM told me that the Frontier Trading Post was a location that did trade Vinylmations!

So our plan was to head over there! Nick also REALLY wanted to ride Splash today, too, and obviously I couldn't disagree with that, so Dad went ahead to get Fastpasses for us. The remaining three of us lingered behind, though, and took pictures with the Castle!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We then went into Frontierland via Liberty Square.
The Diamond Horseshoe was actually OPEN!

ry%3D400

We went to the Frontier Trading Post and after much speculation, I traded my Bolt Vinylmation for Dr. Facilier!

ry%3D400

BEST TRADE OF MY LIFE.
Actually, FIRST TRADE OF MY LIFE.
I had just started a collection before we left for this trip and I got a Flik one and a Bolt one. I've never seen Bolt, so I wasn't really a fan and decided I'd trade it on the trip.
It was actually pretty funny, because they had some Vinylmations in clear cases so you could know who you were trading for and I didn't see any I really liked. There were two cases on opposite sides of the store so I looked in one, decided I didn't like those, and went to the other. I didn't see any I liked in that one either, so I went back and someone else was trading their Dr. Facilier away for a different one. I WAS LIKE OH MY GOD YOU ARE MY HERO CAN I HAVE THAT ONE. And the CM laughed and traded it to me! I WAS SO SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY.
Phew. That was really exciting.
Next, we headed to the Country Bear Jamboree to meet up with Dad!

ry%3D400

Next Post

June 16th (Part Five)-A Colonial Lunch

We waited for Dad and he was taking FOREVER to meet up with us. They started letting people in to the show and we were all worried we wouldn't make it into this one, but right before they closed the doors, Dad arrived and we went in!

ry%3D400

It was a lively show and so much fun!

ry%3D400

After that, it was time for lunch! And a good thing that was because even after our waffle-filled breakfast, we were all SUPER hungry!
Liberty Tree Tavern was where we were eating today!
They were very busy, so we had to wait a while, but we kept entertained!

ry%3D400

Mom took a picture of us by the very large fireplace for old time's sake.
Now:

ry%3D400

About ten years prior:

ry%3D400

As you can see, I've changed quite a bit.
I was small enough to fit inside the thing...and now I'm taller than it.
In both pictures, I'm looking pretty sweaty, though. That Florida heat...

Anyway, we were called to our table and got a nice window seat, although it was a bit hard to see out of it.

ry%3D400

Our waitress came quickly to take our drink orders once we were seated. She was highly efficient, but not very talkative.

While waiting for our drinks, we decided to draw on our napkins, because there were crayons at the table so why the heck not?

My Mickey Mouse:

ry%3D400

Dad's stick-figure. He's really creative sometimes, clearly.

ry%3D400

Nick's Splash Mountain:

ry%3D400

And Mom tried to recreate her Jiminy Cricket from yesterday. Not as easy without instructions directly from an animator.

ry%3D400

Obviously we are all classy people.
Then our drinks came!

ry%3D400

Pomegranate lemonade for me, diet coke for Dad and Nick, water for Mom.

Our appetizer also made an appearance--tavern fried cheese!

ry%3D400

Just mozzarella sticks given a fancy name. Not very many came with it, though, as you can see. They tasted great, but I wish they gave you a bigger portion of these, especially since they're six dollars and we're sharing between four people.
Then our meals came.
I got the Colony Salad, which was delicious! It was really fresh and definitely felt good after a week of steak, chicken, and burgers. Thank god for fruit and vegetables! The dressing was also refreshingly light. I loved it!

ry%3D400

Dad and Nick got the angus chuck cheeseburger with bacon and cheddar (as opposed to mushrooms and provolone) with fries. They said it was great!

ry%3D400

Mom got the Liberty Boys BLT with a side of fruit, instead of fries.

ry%3D400

She liked hers, too!

This meal was pretty uneventful. The food was wonderful and exactly what we all needed, but our waitress wasn't very sociable and there lots of flies around our table. That part was kind of gross, but we could deal with it. Overall, it was a pretty good meal. On the next vacation, though, I don't think I'd go back. We used to go here all the time when I was very young, and then we stopped in favor of some new places. So we decided to try it again this trip and we were glad we did, although I wouldn't like to return for a bit. It's very traditional and I like more foreign places. Aka World Showcase.
Anyway, after lunch, my mom decided she didn't want to go on any rides, so she got us all BTMR Fastpasses and then sat in the air-conditioned Splash Mountain gift shop.
However, Dad, Nick, and I decided to explore Tom Sawyer's Island!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My sophomore year of high school (which ended right before we took this trip), we read Huck Finn so I finally understood all the references to the books now!

ry%3D400

The caves have always been my favorite part of this island.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Tom's spelling is just spot on. Backwards letters and all.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This barrel bridge is also one of my favorite things! My mother, however, hates it with a passion. Bridges in general are just not her thing.

ry%3D400

I absolutely LOVE the views of BTMR from here.

ry%3D400

In to Fort Langhorn we go!

ry%3D400

Next Post

June 16th (Part Six)-More Adventures on the Island and in the West

Fort Langhorn was practically deserted. And I loved it.

ry%3D400

There aren't many places where you don't find people in Disney World. I bet it was the heat that drove most away from this place, but it really wasn't that bad because all of the trees surrounding it shade it pretty well.

ry%3D400

Nick and I had fun shooting the innocent BTMR riders.

ry%3D400

And then we split up and spied on each other.

ry%3D400

See? NO BODY WAS THERE. We literally had the whole place to ourselves and it was FANTASTIC. I was freaking out and just loving life.

ry%3D400

So was Nick.

ry%3D400

Then we decided to spy on our father who was standing below and resting.

ry%3D400

We decided to leave the Fort then and exited through the secret tunnel...where father had an incident.

ry%3D400

Low and ceilings and tall people just don't mix. But he turned out okay...we think.

Liberty Belle Riverboat sighting at the end of the tunnel!

ry%3D400

Big Thunder sighting, too!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we decided to explore the second cave on the main part of the island!

ry%3D400

After paying a quick visit to Harper's Mill...

ry%3D400

...we boarded a raft and took off towards the mainland!

We found Mom in the Briar Patch. I LOVE the detail in this gift shop.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After looking around for a while, Mom, Nick, and I used the Splash Mountain Fastpasses Dad had gotten earlier. Dad's stomach wasn't feeling well after our Island Adventures, so he skipped the ride and waited in the gift shop. Oh, that air-conditioning.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

When we first got in the Fastpass line, it looked longer than the standby one, so we were very very confused. But then it started moving quickly and we got on the ride in no time! All was well.

ry%3D400

Nick and I pretended to be having a tea party in our ride photo.

ry%3D400

Drinking form our porcelain cups and holding our saucers.

After we got SOAKED (which felt REALLY good because it was ungodly hot out), we used our Fastpasses for the wildest ride in the wilderness.

ry%3D400

Dad didn't go on this either, because, well, he doesn't go on this even if he's feeling great.

Nick and I were placed in the very back seat, so we decided to try riding BTMR looking backwards!

ry%3D400

It was such a new experience. We had absolutely no idea where we were going or what was going to happen next.

ry%3D400

SO MUCH FUN.

ry%3D400

The only negative thing was that it was a little uncomfortable to keep our heads turned the entire time. But still. SO MUCH FUN. Something everyone should try.

When we got off the ride, we met back up with Dad and decided that our next plan of action was to head into Adventureland!

Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter