And at Last I See the Light...Or at Least the Tangled Bathrooms! **COMPLETED 2/8**

Our safari guide was very energetic and in my trip journal I wrote that I thought his name was Mike.

He was really great. At the beginning of the ride, he was talking about how the black rhinos are quite rare and aren't big fans of rain. Then he moved on and we drove for about ten seconds and he tried to explain how the safari works. I have this on video, so this is the exact wording; he said, "Now if this is your first time riding Kilimanjaro Safaris, I'll explain how it--BLACK RHINO." And then he pointed to the black rhino he had just sighted and we were all like, "Ooh, ahh!" and he continued, "All right folks, that is NOT how it goes, but..." and then he continued with his spiel on how the safari works. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was the funniest thing of my life and I loved it and on the video you can hear me uncontrollably laughing because I'm weird sometimes.

:lmao: We had a safari driver like that on our trip!! I love how they seem to REALLY love their jobs and get genuinely excited to see certain animals or animals doing certain things on the Safari.

The elephants were AMAZING. They loved the rain! So much so, that they had the urge to go into their actual water area and play with each other! TOO MUCH CUTE.

ry%3D400

SO CUTE!!! I love the elephants! I don't think I have EVER seen them in the water. That's awesome! :yay:

During the safari, the people in the back row kept standing up. Now, that is not allowed and Maura told them to sit down multiple times. I think they spoke a different language, so that's why they kept doing it, but they got so bad and it was really not okay. At one point, when we were by the lions, she said, "Okay. You really need to sit down. Everybody say it with me!" So the whole vehicle basically screamed at them because we were all fed up. Then they grumbled like they didn't do anything wrong, but thankfully they stayed seated for the rest of the journey.

:sad2::sad2:

People are so ridiculous! I have been in that very back row before, and we bounced so hard I came completely off my seat a couple of times like I was riding Tower of Terror instead. I can't even imagine standing back there!!

Two really awesome Safari rides. :thumbsup2 You got so many great pictures, especially of the lions & giraffes!!

:lmao: We had a safari driver like that on our trip!! I love how they seem to REALLY love their jobs and get genuinely excited to see certain animals or animals doing certain things on the Safari.

I just read your safari updates on your TR and OH MY GOODNESS BEST THING EVER. That's seriously the most perfect thing that ever could have happened for Paxton's birthday. Those good safari guides are just too awesome!

SO CUTE!!! I love the elephants! I don't think I have EVER seen them in the water. That's awesome! :yay:

This is the first time we ever saw them in the water! It was really funny because we were like, "You never go in the water and it's over 90 degrees out...but when it rains you decide you aren't already wet enough and need to swim. GREAT." It was really cool, though.

:sad2::sad2:
People are so ridiculous! I have been in that very back row before, and we bounced so hard I came completely off my seat a couple of times like I was riding Tower of Terror instead. I can't even imagine standing back there!!

Whoa! That's intense. Safari of Terror lol :rotfl2:. For the first safari we rode in the back seat and it was pretty bumpy. Those people were crazy! How did they not fall out?! :confused3

Two really awesome Safari rides. :thumbsup2 You got so many great pictures, especially of the lions & giraffes!!

Thanks! Your lion pictures are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! As well as all of your other pictures, too, of course!

June 17th (Part Five)-"Wait a minute! We're penguins! We can't fly!"

ry%3D400

I'm pretty sure I love this place too much for my own good. This show is definitely one of my favorites, but I know most people find FOTLK more amazing. And I agree that FOTLK is STUNNING and basically equivalent to a Broadway production, but Nemo just resonates with me more. I haven't even been watching it that long, it's only been about three years since the first time I saw this musical, but it just kind of stuck with me forever since that time. I remember just being so into it and then right away after the vacation when we got home, going on YouTube and watching it about 56984 times a day and learning all of the lyrics to every song. Maybe I love it because it's not super inspirational, but it's still beautiful and a high-quality production. It's not super glamorous, and parts of it are VERY frumpy, which I adore because I like to classify myself as a frump. Ever since I started reading Jess and Kristin's trip reports, their word for lazy, food loving, Disney people stuck with me because it TOTALLY embodies my personality and it also describes this musical, so maybe that's why we just clicked. It's a beautiful, adorable, frumpy musical.

ry%3D400

We were fairly close to the stage, but wayyy to the right. Overall, it was a decent view.

ry%3D400

I hope it's okay that I take pictures in here (don't worry, I turn the flash off).

ry%3D400

THE PENGUINS ARE MY FAVORITE. They're so random. Like there are never penguins in the Finding Nemo movie, but those ridiculous Imagineers that I love just decided to give them ten seconds of fame and I appreciate that very much.

ry%3D400

IN THE BIIIIIIIG BLUUUUEEE WOOOOORLD.
That song is my jam.

ry%3D400

After I sang along with every single song, we exited the theater and made our way to the front of the park.
On the way, we ran into this fabulous bird!

ry%3D400

Sometimes I wish I could be a Disney bird. They don't even know that they're in the happiest place on earth, but they get to live there, which is one of my long-term goals.

HELLO TREE OF LIFE!

ry%3D400

This time I let it have a front-view photo-shoot.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we exited our last park of this trip. I really can't comprehend that this TR is almost over already.

We waited for the tram and I found a lamp that I really love.

ry%3D400

Then we boarded the lovely tram when it arrived and set out to find our car.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We found it. WOO! Actually it wasn't really that exciting because it meant we were leaving Animal Kingdom. BUT IT WAS KIND OF OKAY I GUESS BECAUSE OUR ADVENTURE WASN'T OVER YET.
We made our way to a resort! No, not our resort (Pop).
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!
That's where we were eating tonight!
We actually got there quite a bit early for our vacation so we just imitated the animals and roamed the resort.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This lobby is just too gorgeous for words.

ry%3D400

We went out onto a porch and observed the African Savannah.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we decided to back-track and hang in the lobby for a bit.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I went on Facebook and chilled while Nick...actually I'm not really sure what Nick was doing. Looking at the ceiling? I wouldn't blame him, those chandeliers are GORGEOUS.

ry%3D400

Dad slept.

ry%3D400

I also photographed.

ry%3D400

Then we went back outside on ground level and took more animal pictures!

ry%3D400

Next Post

June 17th (Part Six)-SO MANY ANIMALS.

This post is just a short continuation of the AKL savannah, because I had too many pictures to fit in that update, and I have too many pictures of our dinner to squeeze in with this one. The struggle.

ry%3D400

Zebras are pretty awesome.

ry%3D400

I don't really know what this guy is, but he's adorable. He looked really lonely, which made me sad.

ry%3D400

YAY GIRAFFES!

ry%3D400

These little ones are SO SO SO SO cute. I wanted to take one home. But I didn't.

ry%3D400

The fact that you could stay here and wake up and look out of your window, and be like, "LOOK there's a zebra!" and then the next day be like, "Oh hey, today there's a giraffe and an ostrich not too far away!" is just too incredible. I would love to stay here.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

They even have engravings of animals on the rocks (or maybe fake rocks, you never know).

ry%3D400

ANOTHER GIRAFFE!

ry%3D400

Once we had sufficiently viewed the spectacular animals, we headed back inside for dinner!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We checked in for our ADR and were given a pager.

ry%3D400

Tonight we were eating at the wonderful Boma! We ate here for the first time last year and LOVED IT, so we decided to come back!

ry%3D400

Next Post

June 17th (Part Seven)-Zebra Domes for Days

After checking in at Boma and receiving a pager, we were called to our table within five minutes!

ry%3D400

This is what the atmosphere around us looked like...kind of. It's hard to capture the wonderfulness in photos.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I can't remember our waiter's name, but he was highly efficient. We ordered our drinks and I decided to try some guava juice!

ry%3D400

It was pretty delicious. The rest of my family got soda and then off to the buffet we went!

Nick's first plate:

ry%3D400

He doesn't believe in non-tan-colored food, haha.

My first plate:

ry%3D400

I forgot what sauce I put on my meat, but it was delicious!

Dad's first plate:

ry%3D400

It's his "carnivore-with-a-side-of-fruit" plate.

Mom's first plate/soup:

ry%3D400

One of the main reasons we came back to Boma this year was for two of the salads my mom LOVED last year. Unfortunately, they didn't have them this time, so she was a bit upset about that, but not too bad, because she found more salad she liked! She said it was delicious, but not as good as the others.

NEXT ROUND OF FOOD!!!!

Nick actually decided he wanted to eat some fruit. Hooray for healthiness!

ry%3D400

Dad went for the brown food group this time.

ry%3D400

Mom got another bowl of soup and a plate with meat and sweet potatoes and all other sorts of sides.

ry%3D400

I went with salad and couscous.

ry%3D400

One salad was just mixed greens with a mango vinaigrette, and the other was an apple jicama salad. Both were delicious!

At one point Dad decided it was desert time, but he couldn't have that without some rice, which is one of his favorite foods ever.

ry%3D400

Here's my desert plate:

ry%3D400

YUM ZEBRA DOMES. They're my favorite desert here, no doubt. Even though they're alcoholic. Just so much deliciousness. So I obviously had to have three right away.

Here's Nick's desert:

ry%3D400

He loves zebra domes too, although his obsession doesn't quite compare to mine.

Mom was pretty full, so she only had a little bit of desert, but she loved it! There's another zebra dome!

ry%3D400

Dad got a zebra dome too! Plus more!

ry%3D400

I'm positive I went up two other times and got at least two zebra domes each time, but I didn't take any pictures because I had already photographed them the first time around. I'm surprised I wasn't falling over from consuming so many. But they're so good. I could not resist.

Dad loved dinner so much, it deserved his best princess pose!

ry%3D400

It is at times like these when I realize why we're related.

And at last we finished our delicious meal. After successfully rolling ourselves out of there, we checked out the gift shop.

ry%3D400

We spent A LOT of time in there just wandering and admiring. Mom ended up buying the Finding Nemo: the Musical CD upon my recommendation (and request lol).

Then we drove back to Pop and my mom went to the room while Dad, Nick, and I went to the gift shop. There were a few last-minute things I wanted to buy, a few of which were birthday presents. I bought a Rapunzel doll for MaiLei and a round Mickey pillow for my friend McKenna. I also bought an Eeyore stuffed animal for myself, as well as a Mickey backpack for school! Let me tell you, I have the coolest academic wear in my whole school. At least that's what I think, haha. And lastly, I bought a lanyard and three pins (Punzie, Merida, and Figment) because I FINALLY made the decision to FINALLY become a pin trader. On our last day. Because my mind was not working right. I didn't trade with anyone, but I am all set for whenever our next trip will be. I heard from Lia that pins are really cheap on Ebay, so I'm planning to buy a whole bunch for a really low price and trade those the next time I'm down there, so I don't have to pay $30+ for a package at Disney. So now I'm SUPER excited to get down there again and begin my pin trading career! Nick also bought another Star Wars Vinylmation because he's obsessed.
We had a few points left on our arcade card, so we went to the arcade. I'm pretty positive that was the third time we'd been there. I've never been in a resort arcade more than once on a trip (and even that was only for five minutes) so I don't know what was up with us this time.
Nick played one last game.

ry%3D400

Then we went to the room, where I photographed the majority of my purchases.
Eeyore:

ry%3D400

Backpack:

ry%3D400

Lanyard and pins:

ry%3D400

I don't know what was happening with the lighting, everything turned out yellow-ish. Oh well!

I took a shower and spent a while watching Stacey, and then I fell asleep.
That concluded our last full day at Disney. :sad: But we still had tomorrow morning to savor the last few moments of being at our resort!

Next Post

Aw, I can't believe it was the end of your last day already!! But it sounds like a great way to spend it. We love AK! I am not as big of a fan of the Nemo show as it seems like you are, but yay for ending the day with something you love.

Dinner looks delicious. I had to laugh at ALL THOSE ZEBRA DOMES!!!

Aw, I can't believe it was the end of your last day already!! But it sounds like a great way to spend it. We love AK! I am not as big of a fan of the Nemo show as it seems like you are, but yay for ending the day with something you love.

Dinner looks delicious. I had to laugh at ALL THOSE ZEBRA DOMES!!!

Me neither! But I suppose it was time, I've been drawing this TR out for about seven months now. :rotfl2: AK is so underrated and beautiful!

SO MUCH ZEBRA DOMES AHHHHH. Hahaha everything at Boma was excellent!

Ahhhh that was your last full day! :(

Any future disney plans? :)

It's so sad, I know! But we do indeed have some future Disney plans! There'll be more details in the next update.

Before I start this update and finish off the report, I have some VERY exciting news to share with you all first:

I AM GOING BACK TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we are staying at the beautiful Coronado Springs!
We plan on flying down there this time, so we don't have to spend 20+ hours in a car and we can get there faster! We're leaving the day after Christmas, December 26th, and we're coming back on January 4th. SO TEN DAYS IN DISNEY WORLD! WOOOO!
Since we're going after Christmas, we won't be going to MVMCP, but we will be attending the Candlelight Processional and will see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!
THIS IS SO EXCITING! I think I'm going to go crazy before this even takes place. I started counting down the days the moment we booked Coronado (which was 325) and now I'm at 321! Okay. On to the updates!

June 18th-Farewell!

This was a very sad morning, because it was the day we were leaving Disney World. None of us wanted to, but we knew the time had come. I hate when that happens. We woke up around 8:00 and after getting ready, we went to the food court.
One last picture of our gorgeous AoA view.

ry%3D400

And the giant statue of Tramp on the other side of our building.

ry%3D400

I even photographed the stairs because I wanted pictures of every single thing.

ry%3D400

Once we arrived at the food court, we all ordered our breakfasts and sat down to eat. I had a chocolate croissant because I'm in love with those things and hadn't had one yet on this trip. It was shocking that I could go that long without one.

ry%3D400

Dad also had a chocolate croissant, as well as banana bread. I didn't take a picture of his, because he had already eaten the majority of the banana bread by the time I got my camera out and I already had a picture of the chocolate croissant.

Nick and Mom each had a bounty platter, but Nick also got a chocolate croissant with his. I don't blame him, those things are perfect.

ry%3D400

Everything was delicious, but it would have tasted even better if we weren't leaving the happiest place on earth that day.
Before going back to the room, we stopped at the gift shop, yet AGAIN, and I bought an end thing for my lanyard. I don't know the accurate term for it, haha, so here's a picture so you all know what I'm talking about.

ry%3D400

Nick decided to follow in my footsteps and buy his own lanyard and three pins, which consisted of: a Captain Hook/crocodile one which is REALLY cool because Hook is in the crocodile's mouth and the crocodile's jaws move together and apart so it's like he's eating Hook; one that says 'Join the Duck Side' and has Donald as Darth Maul on it; and a super cute one that has Mickey and Pluto together.

We went back to the room then, and took a few final pictures.

ry%3D400

Nick with his lanyard and pins. They're a bit difficult to see, though.

ry%3D400

Dad didn't want to leave.

ry%3D400

We began loading up the car with all of our stuff and I took one last picture of our building from the parking lot.

ry%3D400

Goodbye Pop Century!

ry%3D400

And goodbye Disney World. This sight is something I never want to see.

ry%3D400

The back side of those perfect gates. I'm pretty positive I cried a little bit when we reentered the world of reality.

At least we could see the Characters in Flight balloon at Downtown Disney as we drove! So there was some magic left.

ry%3D400

And with that picture, the Disney portion of our vacation was over.
But we still had about a week left of other adventures. I've decided that I will include them here, however briefly.

We kept driving and eventually arrived in St. Augustine, where we looked at the Fort!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After looking around for a while and reading the many facts they had throughout the Fort, we all decided that it was getting REALLY hot out, so we left and went to McDonalds for lunch because we're classy.
Afterwards, we got back in the car, Nick and I watched Beauty and the Beast, and we drove up to Savannah, Georgia. My mom read that it was a beautiful historical town, so we drove through it a bit looking for something called the 'village greens' which is basically a gigantic green park. But we couldn't find it after driving for approximately ten minutes, so we just got back on the freeway and headed north. We ate at Waffle House for dinner, which was kind of a running joke, because in April, we saw Waffle Houses EVERYWHERE, so I decided to count how many we saw this time (which ended up being a grand total of 47). So we were like, what the heck, let's just eat at one! It was okay, we were basically the only family in there, though, which was awkward. Then we found a hotel (which I think was a Holiday Inn) and stayed there for the night!

Next Post

Leaving Disney World is always the WORST! Such a bummer, but it looks like y'all had a really great trip. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pics from the rest of your vacation.

Woo hoo for another Disney trip in the works!! :woohoo: I miss our Christmas trips. Hopefully we will be back for the holiday decor one day soon!

June 19th-Non-Disney Adventures

The next day, we woke up and drove to Fort Sumter in South Carolina. We somehow miraculously arrived there at the perfect time in order to catch the next ferry boat out to the Fort!

Once we got on the ferry, I had realized that I forgot my camera in the car. OH NO. But thankfully my mom had hers, so we got pictures with that!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We spent about an hour and a half on the island and then took the ferry back to the mainland.
After getting back in the car, I reunited with my camera and realized I only had room for about 80 more pictures. Oops. Disney is just too photogenic.
We drove for a really long time, stopping at Cracker Barrel for a late lunch/early dinner. Then we drove for a really long time again and stayed at another Holiday Inn for the night.

June 20th-Non-Disney Adventures (continued)

This day, we headed up to Smokey Mountain National Park via the Blue Ridge Parkway.

ry%3D400

At one point we went through a tunnel called 'Fryingpan Tunnel' which instantly made me think of Tangled, so here's a picture of the name.

ry%3D400

We stopped at some kind of gift shop/rest area and I bought chocolate covered peanuts. And I found this configuration of three of them stuck together.

ry%3D400

MICKEY. I WANNA GO BACK.

We drove for a bit longer and had lunch at some place called the Little Princess Restaurant. Clearly that reveals that we just wanted to go back to Disney.
I had a burger, which was pretty good, but nothing special.
We stopped at a visitor's center then and they had this nice little setting which I enjoyed.

ry%3D400

Then we drove to Clingman's Dome and hiked up to the observation tower. Dad got all excited because part of the hike was on the Appalachian Trail which is apparently a big deal.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We hiked back down again and I was a bit terrified at the prospect of encountering a bear because I'm not very fond of those when they roam free in the wild and could come eat you at any second. Thankfully we didn't cross paths with one and got back in the car and drove some more. Shocking, I know.

We drove to where we would be staying the next few nights: a cabin outside of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, which Dollywood is located in. But we didn't go there.
The cabin was rather large and quite nice, although it was pretty dusty and some things could have been improved, particularly the crazy steep driveway that if two cars were trying to go opposite ways, one would have to graciously move off the road for the other, which would actually result in it falling off a cliff. Fun times. It took a while for us to get to the cabin from the main lodge area, and we just got super confused while trying to find it, but we ended up there eventually!

Our living room area:

ry%3D400

Our kitchen/dining area:

ry%3D400

A bedroom that no one used:

ry%3D400

Bathroom that connected the kitchen/living room area to my parents bedroom:

ry%3D400

Parent's bedroom:

ry%3D400

Upstairs bathroom:

ry%3D400

Bedroom upstairs where Nick slept the first night. Then I think the next night he found a spider in it, so he moved to the bedroom I was in, because there were two beds.

ry%3D400

My bedroom.

ry%3D400

Our back porch area that has a hot tub, but we never used it.

ry%3D400

That night, my dad drove to the grocery store and got us some food for dinner. Then we just stayed in, explored the cabin, watched some television, and went to sleep.

Next Post

Leaving Disney World is always the WORST! Such a bummer, but it looks like y'all had a really great trip. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pics from the rest of your vacation.

Woo hoo for another Disney trip in the works!! :woohoo: I miss our Christmas trips. Hopefully we will be back for the holiday decor one day soon!

It's always awful going through those gates the wrong way. But yes, the trip was definitely a great time!

This will be the second time we've ever gone while Christmas decorations are up, and strangely enough, last time we stayed at Coronado, too! When I realized that I found it so hilarious.

Also, YAY FOR YOUR UPCOMING DISNEY TRIP!!! Wilderness Lodge will be SO AMAZING. Staying there would be a dream come true, I hope you have so much fun!

June 21st-Non-Disney Adventures (continued)

This morning we woke up kind of late and after a nice breakfast, we left the cabin and explored the Smoky Mountains!
First we drove on this loop called Cades Cove and visited some of the main attractions of it, like this really old and interesting church/cemetery.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We kept driving and spotted some deer!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I can't remember the name of our next stop, but there were multiple old houses and a modern-ish general store. We bought some large granola bars from it and that was our lunch, lol.
Mom captured our nutritious meal.

ry%3D400

Then we went and explored the old buildings.

ry%3D400

There was a sign that said rattlesnakes might be present inside, so watch out. Umm. What. Rattlesnakes and I have a very unpleasant relationship. STORY TIME. Three summers before this one, we went to Disneyland in California and then to Sequoia, Yosemite, San Francisco, and various other places in Cali. At Yosemite, we were hiking, and I decided to walk on the large rocks they had placed on the edge of the path because I clearly wasn't thinking. I got ahead of my family and waited for them and I heard a rustling sound coming from below me. So I looked down and about four feet away from me on a log was a rattlesnake sunning itself and rattling at me because I was clearly invading it's territory. I slowly backed up onto the path it was really terrifying and THANK GOD it didn't bite me. So I'm not very fond of rattlesnakes, thanks to that experience.
While my family decided to go in the houses, I opted to stay out in the open and just take pictures of that stuff because I don't do rattlesnakes.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

When we were done there, we drove a bit more and came across a large line-up of cars on the road. The traffic jam was due to a bear about 50 yards from the road!
It was covered up by tall grass, so it was really difficult to get a picture, so here's the best I could do.

ry%3D400

There's a small lump of black fur in the middle of the picture, and that's the bear's back.

Then we drove to another hiking trail!

ry%3D400

On this one, we walked up to a waterfall and back down. The waterfall was quite beautiful!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I do not have any other pictures from this day, so my guess is that after that hike, we went back to the cabin, had dinner, and went to sleep!

June 22nd-Non-Disney Adventures (continued)

We woke up fairly early this morning and drove to Mammoth Cave! I absolutely LOVE caves. I do not know why, but they're just really fascinating to me. Maybe because I'm not really an outdoors-y person, so I enjoy these more than I enjoy forests in national parks. Caves are like a natural building, and all the different formations they can hold are amazing.
We checked in to the hotel there and were told our room wouldn't be ready for a few hours. That was fine, because our cave tour was going to start soon! Or so we thought.... Actually, we totally forgot about the time change, so we were an hour early. We just hung out in the little museum they have there and soon enough we were getting ready to go down to the cave!
As soon as we got within 50 feet of the cave opening, the temperature dropped by like 20 degrees, not even kidding. It was kind of nice, because it was really hot out. Our tour guides went over some safety instructions and our tour began!

ry%3D400

There was actually writing on the cave ceiling at one point which is astonishing because HOW??!?!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This name. Oh my God, I laughed for forever.

ry%3D400

This portion of the cave was given that name because of this:

ry%3D400

The pathway became SO narrow and Nick and I had a blast navigating our way through it and we were actually allowed to touch the rock here because it was completely impossible not to.

There was also a part called 'Tall Man's Misery' and I had fun with that because being 5'7'' it was like a giant game of limbo.

Eventually these small spots opened up into a larger cavern.

ry%3D400

After a while we were back to where we started and headed out!

ry%3D400

At some point towards the end of the tour, I was standing next to a little boy and he started talking to me and he was SO CUTE. He asked if I was going to see the circus, because he was, and when I told him I didn't think I was, he told his mom that they should take me with them. HOW ADORABLE. And there was a metal railing next to us and he started hanging on it and proclaimed that he was exercising. His mom told them that he had to get going though and he could exercise in their room, haha. Children. They're so cute I can't even handle it most of the time.

Nick gave the tour a double thumbs up!

ry%3D400

Then we checked back at the front desk of the hotel, and they said our room was ready! So we grabbed our stuff from the car and got situated in there. Eventually, we went to dinner at the restaurant right in that hotel! Everything was so close here and it was SO NICE because we didn't have to drive anywhere. The hotel and cave were within walking distance, which was super cool. Anyway, here are pictures of our lovely dinner!

ry%3D400

We had rolls and salad to start, and then for my entrée I ordered some kind of chicken which was delicious!

ry%3D400

There were multiple sides to choose from, so I picked mashed potatoes and cinnamon apples. YUM.
I can't recall what everyone else had, because I only had about 20 pictures left on my camera and didn't know if there would be other stuff I would want to take pictures of. So no food pictures of everyone else's food. That chicken was the star of the last food picture of this trip report! How sad.

We all loved our dinner and afterwards, Mom and I looked around in the hotel gift shop, which had some really pretty garden things, but we didn't get anything. We joined Dad and Nick back in the room and went to sleep.

June 23rd-Arrving at home and trip wrap-up.

The title of this mini-update is a bit misleading, because we all know that home is really Disney World. But unfortunately we weren't headed back to the happiest place on earth, we were headed back to our boring house that gets lots of snow in the winter which I strongly dislike because I don't really believe in winter and cold.

We woke up at a reasonable hour, packed up the car, and left. We spent almost the whole day driving home, and stopped for lunch somewhere I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure we ate someplace, because food is a necessity. We arrived at our house around 7:00 at night and Nick was pretty upset about that.

ry%3D400

This vacation was so wonderful. From Disney to Mammoth Cave, everything was so much fun. Disney World is my home. I know for sure I want to end up there in my future, hopefully as a Cast Member, because working for the Mouse is my biggest dream. I absolutely cannot wait for our next vacation in December. Even though it's over ten months away, I'm positive I'm going to start a pre-trip report for it soon and once I do, I'll make sure to post the link in the TR.

Thank you to every single one of you who joined me while I relived these Disney adventures. You don't know how many times your comments brightened my day and I loved every one of them!
Also, thank you to those who read this but didn't comment. I love my readers and feel free to post if you'd like, I don't bite!
I hope you'll all join me in my pre-TR and the actual TR for that trip, once it happens.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
See ya real soon, Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter