An October 2012 trip in the making Update 10/4 - Final update

Okay not the update you were expecting but I have one. Trip is off….

No only kidding.

On the 15th which is really week 2 of our trip we found out yesterday Vinny’s granddaughter will be joining us from the 15th – 20th. I am so excited about this. I called the AAA lady (she thinks I am nuts) and asked her to add her on but it turns out we need to do it when we arrive otherwise it would be a charge for her every day we are there even if she is not.

This brought us to the question how will she get there?

• She lives in Florida so I found a shuttle she could take but am confused about the time and emailed the company but have not heard back yet.
  • Next was Amtrak. Then we would have to get her from the train station to us.
  • The last one was she could travel to airport less than ½ hour and fly and be there in 55 minutes. Then the magical Express will take her.
We went with the last one but just waiting now to here if she can get to the airport. Hopefully she can as this is the best way for her to get there.

So that is the news. We have a guest for the 2nd part of our trip. I am so excited.

Up next,

Really day 5 plans

That sounds like great news. I had my aunt visit for a few days when I went with my mom and the resort didn't charge for her at all. She had a resident pass that was good for 2 or 3 days. That was all she could handle.

I hope you have a great time with her visit.

How old is your grandaughter? That's wonderful that you guys will get to spend that much time with her!:goodvibes

:offtopic:

But I had to anounce: I get to meet Jodi this weekend!!!!
she will be here in Vegas. :cool1:

Yay for having a guest! The more the merrier...especially at Disney!!
I agree and a ride partner. LOL

That sounds like great news. I had my aunt visit for a few days when I went with my mom and the resort didn't charge for her at all. She had a resident pass that was good for 2 or 3 days. That was all she could handle.

I hope you have a great time with her visit.
More than 2 adults in the room and their is a $18 charge for the 3rd adult.

How old is your grandaughter? That's wonderful that you guys will get to spend that much time with her!:goodvibes
not my granddaughter, she is Vinny's. 18 so she can also go do what she wants.

That is awesome news about Vinny's granddaughter. :cool1:
:thumbsup2 I agree

I also like the flying option. How old is she? Has she been before?
18 and yes.

:offtopic:

But I had to anounce: I get to meet Jodi this weekend!!!!
she will be here in Vegas. :cool1:
:yay: :dance3: She is great.

I called the AAA lady (she thinks I am nuts) and asked her to add her on but it turns out we need to do it when we arrive otherwise it would be a charge for her every day we are there even if she is not.

I had a similar situation.....one of our ladies will be sharing our room for only the first night & then switching to another room with the 4th lady in our group when she arrives the next day. The CM told me the same thing about charging. My question (and of course I forgot to ask) is how do we get the 3rd lady on ME if she isn't on any reservation??? :confused3

Scott, didn't you update to an AP rate??

I had a similar situation.....one of our ladies will be sharing our room for only the first night & then switching to another room with the 4th lady in our group when she arrives the next day. The CM told me the same thing about charging. My question (and of course I forgot to ask) is how do we get the 3rd lady on ME if she isn't on any reservation??? :confused3

Scott, didn't you update to an AP rate??

We were told that when we check in we have to add her on for the ME but she doesn't come for 2 days after we check in to CBR. Now if it is all the same day I have no idea. I guess they can't use the ME. I would call ME directly and ask.

It was only a $40 difference so we said no to doing it.

Out of curiosity, why not renew your AP since you are DVC members? Do you plan to travel elsewhere using the DVC points? Even if you spend only 1 week at a DVC resort, the cost to enter the parks for that week would cost more than an AP, wouldn't it? :confused:

Sounds like another fun trip!

That's great that Vinny's granddaughter will be there!

Can't wait to see AoA pics. We might stay there in Feb. I just can't decide! Hannah wants to stay in a Nemo room, but the suites are pricey since it will just be two of us.
It was nice to see your CSR pics, I think we are going to a conference in July at CSR, so looks like we will be staying there.

My MK top 5 are:
Big Thunder Mtn RR
Teacups
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
TTA

Jacob rode jungle cruise so many times the last trip he even had the same guide twice.
I think he has most of the jokes memorized. Luckily my husband doesn't know enough to realize they are jungle cruise jokes.

scottny said:
I think I am renewing. Who knows. I might be going in February to cheer people on ofr the Princess half and will need tix then.

Hope you go in February! I will be there Wed the 20th to Mon the 25th. I am signed up for the princess half.

scottny said:
Okay I need some opinions please. I am thinking of doing a water park 1 day while we are there.

let me know how you liked Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. Vinny is fighting it but I think I can have him go if I have a good argument. :rotfl2:

The slides are not the factor as Vinny will go on them so the other features will be the selling point.

Thanks for your help.

I am not a huge water park fan, but I really enjoyed the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon.
The shark reef was really cool, but very short.
I went down one slide and hated it! They dumped cold water over you constantly.

Hi! Saw you had subscribed to my TR and thought I would check your PTR out. Looks like we will be at WDW on the same dates. Wish mine was going to be as long as yours, we go the 11-13th of October.

As for favorite water park, I love Typhoon Lagoon. The Coasterblaster is so much fun and the Wave pool is the greatest.

And I wasn't sure about your pole. I have only done Cirque Du Soleil, so I would recommend it.

And I love all the changes, just in that first post.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter