An October 2012 trip in the making Update 10/4 - Final update

scottny

<font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font
Hello Dis’ers it has been a while. This is the pre trip report to our upcoming trip in October 2012 for our annual dinner meet known as Ip-Dip.

Let me first introduce ourselves to you. My name is Scott and my hubby is Vinny. Yep we are now married in this great state of New York. Here we are. Vinny on the left and I am on the right.
Photo0271FourBySix.jpg

We got married On April 11th and then had a brunch to celebrate with family and friends on the 15th and then the 20th we went on our Disneymoon. It was a great trip and also a very relaxing trip.

We had bought into DVC in 2010 and we stayed in SSR in the Grand Stand area and it was so peaceful and so nice I loved it.
We have annual passes and they expire on October 15th and we are not renewing.
There have been lots of changes already with resorts and adr’s.

Dinner for the group is set for 20 people. Biggest one yet but I am getting ahead of myself there.

So I wanted to get this started and get the introductions done. I will be posting again soon.

LINKS:

Update 2

Update 3

Update 4

Update 5

Update 6

Update 7

Update 8

Update 9

Update 10

Update 11

Update 12

Update 13

Update 14

# 15

Update # 16

Update # 17

Update # 18

Update # 19

Update # 20

Update # 21

Update # 22

Update # 23

Update # 24 - Final update

I'm here to follow along. Oh wait I will be along for the ride on some of the trip. Can't wait to see where this report goes.

Cool! Looking forward to hearing more. Congrats on the marriage by the way:cool1:
:welcome:
Thanks for reading.
Thank you.

I am here :banana:
Glad to see you. Hoping to see you down there. I think our dates match at some point.

Hello lovieees!!
Good start and nice picture.
ARGHHH and carry on pirate:
Hello,
Thank you.
:rotfl2: will do.

I'm here!
Can't wait to read more.
Glad to see you.

:banana:

I'll follow you to whatever boards you may roam to. :rotfl:
You are too kind. :hug:

So good to see you back, Scott!! I'm here and ready for the details popcorn::
Thank you. Yeah been posting reports elsewhere but it felt right to bring this one here.

:welcome: event hough you're very quiet. lol

Yay, you started the PTR!!! You know I'm in!! Cannot wait!!!!!!!
I knew you were. :)

I'm here to follow along. Oh wait I will be along for the ride on some of the trip. Can't wait to see where this report goes.
Yes you will be. You have to ride Buzz with Vinny. LOL
All over the place. LOL

Why the heck can't I stay logged in?

:confused3
I have no idea. :confused3

Nice to see you.

I'm in!!! Just like old times. popcorn::
If only Buzz wasn't banned. LOL

The where.

If you had followed my previous reports you know I change my mind often. Between the resort and the adr’s I am constantly changing. With DVC that is really not an option.
Now the dates for the trip were 10/5-10/13 and I was going solo and staying at AofA or POP. Then while we were in the “World” in April Vinny said he will go in October. Okay time to make change number 1. He wants to stay DVC. Hmmm, that is a problem being we don’t have enough points for the entire time.
Okay I look and the only thing we can afford with points is not good. So we look and decide to change the dates. Now the dinner is the night of the 12th so we have to be there for that.
Airfare was expensive for the weekend but if we leave on Columbus Day it is cheaper, a lot. So we then decided to book 10/8 – 10/16. Now the points I could get at Saratoga Springs Resort were from 10/8-10/13. I took them. Then I was going to book AofA for the extra days.
Then I wait listed for Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas. (Stop laughing) I know at Food and Wine Festival it is going to be impossible.
The weekend of the 12th Vinny’s granddaughter will be joining us. She lives in Florida and will be coming up to see us. I cannot wait.
Okay cut to 2 weeks ago. I canceled SSR. We then were going to do a regular resort. An hour later I go online and rebook SSR. Oh I had also canceled the wait lists. Two days later I waitlist Beach Club from 10/8-10/13. A week later I waitlist BWV standard view from 10/8-10/15. Then I booked Art of Animation for 10/13-10/16. However, at this point we have decided to extend the trip and now I need a resort for 10/16-10/20. This has not been booked yet but the choices are.

Caribbean Beach Resort – Pirate room.
Port Orleans Riverside – Royal room.
Stay at AofA for the entire trip.
Coronado Springs.

I should decide soon.

So that is where we are right now. Did you get all that? LOL

breakingdownthedays.jpg

The where.

If you had followed my previous reports you know I change my mind often. Between the resort and the adr’s I am constantly changing. With DVC that is really not an option.
Now the dates for the trip were 10/5-10/13 and I was going solo and staying at AofA or POP. Then while we were in the “World” in April Vinny said he will go in October. Okay time to make change number 1. He wants to stay DVC. Hmmm, that is a problem being we don’t have enough points for the entire time.
Okay I look and the only thing we can afford with points is not good. So we look and decide to change the dates. Now the dinner is the night of the 12th so we have to be there for that.
Airfare was expensive for the weekend but if we leave on Columbus Day it is cheaper, a lot. So we then decided to book 10/8 – 10/16. Now the points I could get at Saratoga Springs Resort were from 10/8-10/13. I took them. Then I was going to book AofA for the extra days.
Then I wait listed for Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas. (Stop laughing) I know at Food and Wine Festival it is going to be impossible.
The weekend of the 12th Vinny’s granddaughter will be joining us. She lives in Florida and will be coming up to see us. I cannot wait.
Okay cut to 2 weeks ago. I canceled SSR. We then were going to do a regular resort. An hour later I go online and rebook SSR. Oh I had also canceled the wait lists. Two days later I waitlist Beach Club from 10/8-10/13. A week later I waitlist BWV standard view from 10/8-10/15. Then I booked Art of Animation for 10/13-10/16. However, at this point we have decided to extend the trip and now I need a resort for 10/16-10/20. This has not been booked yet but the choices are.

Caribbean Beach Resort – Pirate room.
Port Orleans Riverside – Royal room.
Stay at AofA for the entire trip.
Coronado Springs.

I should decide soon.

So that is where we are right now. Did you get all that? LOL

Oh no, you didn't change your mind 5 million times in the last few months or anything :rolleyes1 And I'm still holding out hope that you'll end up at POR! ::yes::

can't wait to read more!
:welcome: Glad you're here.

:cool1: I'm here too!!
:welcome: Glad you're here.

I may not be able to make it to an Ip-Dip meet, but I LOVE reading along!!!
Maybe one day you will be able to make it.

Oh no, you didn't change your mind 5 million times in the last few months or anything :rolleyes1 And I'm still holding out hope that you'll end up at POR! ::yes::
:)
If we do it won't be till you're leaving. We are firmly at SSR till the 13th. No availability for the next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter