An Imagineer Fell For Bill - **New 10/19 Last 2 installments**

Love your TR! :goodvibes Where in the world did you find the sleeping smiley dreaming of disney?!? So cute!

Ok all caught up! That is so cool you saw and got a autograph of Richie from Lonestar. The was DH and my weddding song!

Bill is so sweet for having the flower waiting for you! I had fun looking at your FB "Where are we pictures."

Beautiful pictures of the topiariers at Epcot! Man I am getting Disney fever but have 1-2 yrs before we will make it back.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip and D23!

It is a beautiful song, I love it. Bill does spoil me, I am very blessed to have him in my life. Epcot is my favorite park, the topiaries made it even better.

Love your TR! :goodvibes Where in the world did you find the sleeping smiley dreaming of disney?!? So cute!

Thank you.

The dreaming smiley had something else in the animation. I used paint shop pro, adding the Disney stuff frame by frame, then put it all back together in Animation Shop :thumbsup2.

faceless princess is very creepy. :eek:

You really do need to try Via Napoli. We've been twice and enjoyed it very much. It is run by same company that runs Tutto, so the food standards are the same. And the brick ovens are so hot, you get a very special pizza from them. Of course, it is "just pizza" for many but my family appreciates the difference.

faceless princess is very creepy. :eek:

You really do need to try Via Napoli. We've been twice and enjoyed it very much. It is run by same company that runs Tutto, so the food standards are the same. And the brick ovens are so hot, you get a very special pizza from them. Of course, it is "just pizza" for many but my family appreciates the difference.

I would really love to see inside the place. I will get Bill there one day :thumbsup2.

Another beautiful, blistering hot day in the land of magic dawned and I didn’t want to step foot out the door LOL. Oh I knew it was going to be a scorching one but we had plans so I slathered on the sunscreen and off to Epcot we went again.

May2011greycamera029.jpg

Well via our DHS/Ferry boat. We had a stop to make first. Bill had wanted to try the ESPN Club forever being the manly man he is, so we decided today was the day.

May2011greycamera035.jpg

Bill actually let me take a picture, he was in his “Perry” t-shirt:

May2011greycamera042.jpg

The theming there was great:

May2011greycamera043.jpg

I got a burger, he got a bbq sandwich and then we got these ridiculous desserts that there was NO WAY we could finish them:

May2011greycamera045.jpg

May2011greycamera046.jpg

We were stuffed, not a good thing to be when you are going back out in the heat again. We got to Epcot and saw these amazing, yet still creepy faceless topiaries:

May2011greycamera047.jpg

May2011greycamera049.jpg

May2011greycamera051.jpg

We were making our way to the Pixar Weekend exhibit, there were so many displays explaining a variety of things:

May2011blackcamera372.jpg

I made Bill stop for a picture, look at the left hand on his hip, that is what he does when he is mildly annoyed with me, but look at the smile:

May2011blackcamera373.jpg

May2011blackcamera374.jpg

May2011blackcamera375.jpg

May2011blackcamera376.jpg

May2011blackcamera377.jpg

May2011blackcamera378.jpg

Looks like we weren’t the only ones checking out the characters:

May2011blackcamera381.jpg

May2011blackcamera382.jpg

BOO!!!!!

May2011blackcamera388.jpg

Sadly we didn’t get to get a picture with her, the line was always insanely long.

There was a line for Mr. Potatohead, a line for Boo and the other Monsters Inc. characters, a line for the “Up” characters, one for The Incredibles, and a line to stand next to a Mater truck all in a fairly tight area:

May2011blackcamera392.jpg

We opted out on the Mater line:

May2011blackcamera396.jpg

We went to see The Incredibles:

May2011blackcamera398.jpg

May2011blackcamera401.jpg

After that we made a dash to the Mr. Potatohead/Lotso line, they were taking a break so we got in a very short line:

May2011blackcamera404.jpg

Next post... Bill wants a walk up?? Part 2

We got out of there, got a drink, and made our way towards the front of the park. There was an awesome playground set up for the kids:

May2011blackcamera410.jpg

May2011blackcamera411.jpg

The sand sculpture was amazing:

May2011blackcamera415.jpg

May2011blackcamera416.jpg

Gorgeous flowers everywhere:

May2011blackcamera419.jpg

We found the butterfly garden:

May2011blackcamera421.jpg

May2011blackcamera422.jpg

May2011blackcamera425.jpg

Now for Bill’s favorite topiaries:

May2011blackcamera427.jpg

How adorable are they??

May2011blackcamera429.jpg

May2011blackcamera430.jpg

May2011blackcamera431.jpg

It was time to take the Monorail, we were headed to the Contemporary Resort to check in for Destination D. Aww WDW thanked us for coming:

May2011blackcamera434.jpg

May2011blackcamera436.jpg

May2011blackcamera437.jpg

Hmmm, what is that strong strawberry smell?? It’s LOTSO!!

May2011blackcamera438.jpg

Waiting for the monorail:

May2011blackcamera440.jpg

Another informative sign:

May2011blackcamera442.jpg

Not many people going to the T&TC:

May2011blackcamera443.jpg

We found the convention center and goodness the line was long:

May2011blackcamera446.jpg

Well the line was long for the merchandise that is, for registering the spot was off to the right and we were the only ones needing assistance. On the way back to the monorail we ran into Dave Smith the retired chief archivist. He started the Disney Archives many years ago, I was completely tongue tied. We told him we couldn’t wait for his talk the next day. He was very nice.

Our original plan was to head to the Polynesian resort and eat at the food court but Bill had other ideas, he wanted us to try a walk up for Ohana. The restaurant I had been trying to get reservations for every day for 45 days. Yeah, that will work. I went up to the podium took a deep breath and said “I don’t have a reservation, I know it is crazy of me to ask for a walk up but is there any way you could fit us in?” She looked at her monitor and said “could you wait anywhere between 45 minute to 90 minutes?” Bill said yes so we took a buzzer and waited in the lounge. We ordered some yummy drinks and waited. Not even 20 minutes later the buzzer went off.

The host came up to us and asked if we had ever been there, we told him many times and how happy we were for the walk up. He said since we were such a small party they can usually do it. That made Bill feel even more happy.

Nex post.. Bill wants a walk up?? Part 3

May I present our dinner (or what I took pictures of):

May2011blackcamera448.jpg

May2011blackcamera450.jpg

May2011blackcamera455.jpg

May2011blackcamera456.jpg

Why do I never take pictures of the skewers??

We were right by the huge Tiki’s? Is that what you call them?:

May2011blackcamera451.jpg

May2011blackcamera452.jpg

May2011blackcamera453.jpg

May2011blackcamera454.jpg

We paid the bill, while I went to the restroom, Bill wandered around. When he saw me he waved me over to one of their little stores. He was so happy to show me the huge Dasini water bottle he found. Here he is with it at the bus stop. Forced perspective makes it look even bigger:

May2011blackcamera462.jpg

It was great to see the designated spots for wheelchairs at the different resorts:

May2011blackcamera460.jpg

The driver asked where we were going as he was doing the tie downs. We told him the Marketplace so we could transfer to Pop, he told us he was going to ask to see if he could change his route by going to DTD first then picking up Pop Century people. It was so nice of him wanting us not to have to transfer.

Next installment… Destination D Day 1

All your pictures are wonderful! The topiaries, the rare characters, the food :rotfl:, and of course Bill!

The first picture you posted of the playground area in Epcot - I thought the little girl was just a prop :rolleyes: She just looked too perfect with her dress, and little bobbed hair cut and head band...then in the next picture I saw there were other kids playing and she was moving on. :rolleyes1

I really need to try OHana sometime. I am starting to get DH to venture away from burgers and chicken strips....well, at least from restaurants that only serve burgers and chicken strips. He still winds up searching for a steak, burger, salad, or chicken strip option even if we go somewhere you can try to be a little more adventurous. :sad2: I'm not a real big meat eater, so I probably wouldn't get the most out of the skewers, but the food pics that you posted look right up my alley!

All along I've been hoping you made it to the front of the park. Lotso was awesome and I LOVED the strawberry smell :thumbsup2 And I thought they did a great job recreating the sandbox.

Great news about 'Ohana. Got to love the successful walk up :thumbsup2

All caught up! I love seeing all the topiaries, even though I was there in March! All of the flowers do look so much better after they've grown in a bit! You are so right about the creepy no-faced topiaries... :confused3

The Pixar Weekend event looks really cool!

I love the panoramic of the sand sculpture - I can do those with my camera but I always forget! :headache:

Sounds like you were having good restaurant & bus mojo! :thumbsup2

So Lucky for that walk up!!!!! I LOVE Ohana!!
I found those huge Dasni bottles at OKW.
Very nice bus driver. :thumbsup2

Come to Vegas so we can go to the Lion King together!!!!

Pixar weekend looks like so much fun! DS is crazy about Lotso and would have loved it!

An Ohana walk up? Great work. We have a supper ADR for the first time since our second trip (usually we do the breakfast) and are looking forward to it.

Thanks for more great photos :thumbsup2

Great pictures at Epcot and the sand sculpture...that is pretty impressive. I am amazed you were able to walk up to O'Hana! Looks like a yummy dinner...I need to head there one time. Looking forward to hearing about Destination D!

That's so cool you were able to get into Ohana like that, and what a great bus driver :lovestruc

We didn't stop in the Pixar tent for character. That is great that you got a walk up for Ohana, that is one of my favorites.

Enjoyed your lastest update. Seeing all your flower and garden pictures really makes me want to plan a trip to see it all in person.

OMG i cannot believe you ran into Disney Royalty Dave Smith, how awesome is that!!!!:cool1:

Great pictures, i always love your trip reports, so nice.

Cannot believe you arranged a walk-up at O'hana's.:worship:

Pixie dusted day for you two, huh?pixiedust:

KIM

As much as I don't like getting behind on TRs, I love getting caught up on lots of updates all at once. ;) Your pictures are all wonderful and your humor cracks me up. Alberto, the rain poncho, the birds.... :rotfl2:

The Bambi topiaries are adorable and UGH to the faceless princesses! :scared:

Yeah for the walk up at O'hana's - that is amazing:yay: and meeting Dave Smith all in one day:banana::banana::banana:
Love the topiary pictures - have them all myself cause I have a topiary addiction :lmao::lmao: my favorites are the Croc from Peter Pan and Lady & the Tramp. Totally missed the miniture ones in Germany at the trains.

Another great update, Tracy. Those desserts at ESPN Club look Amazing! *drool*

Love all the pics of Bill smiling. I bet your smile was just as big. :upsidedow

Can't wait to hear all about the Destination D events. I was so excited to follow along with people who were there that weekend and so wish I could have been. Totally something that would be my kind of thing.

Woo hoo on the 'Ohana walk up! You just never know, do you? I had the same thing once. We were with friends who never plan ahead and they wanted to eat at Garden Grill for dinner. I told them there was no way we'd get in without an ADR (I had tried to call) but he walked up and they sat us within 10 minutes. :laughing: Oops, I guess overplanning isn't always the only option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter