An Imagineer Fell For Bill - **New 10/19 Last 2 installments**

I've been reading along since your last trip report, I just wanted to say "HI" and tell you I am enjoying reading your adventures! My family and I have just returned from a week in Vero/WDW--we swam mostly....Did go to DHS one morning, to ride the new Star Tours. We were able to ride it 4 times before leaving! It is fantastic! Sad to say, we still have never done TSM! We grabbed FPs at about 11 for a 6 pm return time but between the park closing at 7 and the heat, we didn't return after our break....

That Sampling of Mom's looks delicious!!! Was the chicken white meat or dark meat? I am picky and only eat white meat chicken. We haven't eaten at Prime Time in awhile and I think it is time to go back!

Fabulous update. I always want to try 50's too. And I didn't know they had a sampler platter. That looked so good!
I haven't don AI either. Maybe someday I'll check it out, but I really don't watch the show either.

The Studios certainly IS your happy place! :goodvibes And you can NEVER have too many pictures of B&B...what an amazing show! (Although I definitely miss seeing Four For A Dollar while waiting...)

It amazes me how Bill can eat and eat like he does and not get fat...his metabolism must burn calories at a super-human rate!! :lmao:

Looking forward to more!

Kathy

Bumpity, Bump!

OOPS WRONG THREAD!! SORRY TRACY.

:thumbsup2 No problem :goodvibes

And now I want to lick my computer screen... :tongue:

I loved all the text messages I got while you were on your trip! I was in bed the whole time with that darn ear infection and you were my only source to the outside world!! Well, you and Facebook... :laughing:

:rotfl2:I had a feeling you would say something like that about the s'mores. I was so worried about you. I am glad you liked the texts.

I loved the platter at 50's Prime Time! You're so right, who wouldn't love the sampling of the offerings that they have.

Bill really enjoyed it.

Your trip reports are always so wonderful to read! You do a great job with both words and pictures. But I think this one was missing a photo - we need to see those shoes! ;)

Sounds like such a nice, relaxing day. Wish I could spend today just like that.

Thank you so much for reading. I will post a picture of the shoes in a bit lol. We are going to be having more days like that in WDW from now on, no more running to get everything done in one day anymore.

Nice day! :thumbsup2 Oh and yes, one must say that show as, "This! I-i-i-s ....... American Idol!" in Ryan's voice. :rolleyes:

Thanks for saying that about the voice :rotfl2:.

I didn't know 50's PTC had a sampler platter, I will have to try that next time, it looked delicious.:thumbsup2

I am not sure if the sampler is just for lunch or not. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it for dinner too.

Mmmm... That sampler of Mom's favorites looks good! :thumbsup2 I have a hard time deciding at 50s PTC... maybe that's the way to go next time.

We've never seen the American Idol show but I'm sure I'd be comparing it to the real thing.

I know it is on the lunch menu, if it isn't on the dinner I would just ask. The Idol stage looks amazing. We thought it was fun.

50's PT is on our list for next year. IT was a toss up between there and Sci Fi (jimmy's loves both) but he told me I have to set the table becasue he got stuck doing it last time!:lmao:

How was the Bell in your show? Lessa was saying when she was there she was awful!

That is funny about setting the table. I agree with Lessa's assessment of that Belle, well not awful but just not up to par with the others we have seen in the past.

Sounds like you guys had a nice day at DHS. You fit quite a few shows into one day! That sampler platter at 50's Prime Time looks delicious!!!

It was a great day. We have learned how to get a lot of shows in on one day but we also know that if we don't see it, we will see it the next time :goodvibes.

Thats the "where are we" picture I got right on facebook! :thumbsup2
I have never stopped to watch Beauty and the Beast or the Indiana Jones show but I will try in October! I am looking forward to the new Star Tours though! Love the food at 50's-the sampler must be new-it looks good!

I know!! You did a good job :). We LOVE the Beauty and the Beast show, so fun. The Indiana Jones show is fun to watch too.

Sounds like a fun day. My husband had that dessert at the 50's too. It was so cool he didn't even want to est it :thumbsup2

That dessert is sweet and gives you a sugar rush :rotfl:. I can't eat it all or would go into a sugar coma :rotfl2:.

What a great day!!! I want to see the finale of AE on one of my trips... Eryka would love it!!!

I still haven't seen Beauty and the Beast but it is priority this trip!!!

Idol is really fun getting to vote. Oh I hope you like BATB.

He Goofy Pop Jets were not operational when we were there the following week:confused3
We at at 50's with our kids for the first time and had a playful waiter, of course my 16 year old tried to get in trouble..LOL and my 9 year old wasn't quite sure when he was told "no shooting at the table" with his new Star Wars gun...:darth:
Someday I will get to see the Beauty and Beast show, every time I tell my family "I am seeing it this time", but something always happens:sad1:

I think it was ridiculous that the jets were not working in that type of weather. Any relief would have been great for the guests. I know what you mean about something happening, we never got to Animal Kingdom again this trip :(.

Without question 50's PTC is on my list next time!
Also on my first time see list is the Indy show.

Great picks!!

looks like you had another great time! Beauty and the Beast is my fav show after FOTLK.

And as a HUGE Celts fan, I too want to see those shoes.:banana:

Oh I love FOTLK too. I will post the shoes after this post. They are not green and white though :rotfl:.

Looks like a great day in DHS!

I can't wait to try 50's PT, now. :goodvibes I'm in love with all the Disney Dooney's and can't wait to add another to my collection!

OMGosh! WDW is the only place I eat carrot cake - it's the best!:thumbsup2

50's is a fun time and good food in our opinion. I have one Dooney and Toni got it for me, I am just not a purse person. I spend my money on WDW :lmao:. WDW is the only place I eat carrot cake too.

Hi Tracy. I see it's another trip report that I'm late for, but not too late.

I think when I stayed at Pop, I had the room next to where yours was, or at least very close (we had the corner room right by the Big Wheel).

Hi Pakey, thanks for joining us. We had a good location, we went toward the Big Wheel took a left and went by the parking lot for the busses it was a quick walk.

Every time I see pop pictures makes me wanna stay there again. Boys get to chose were we stay next and they chose riverside. I keep wanting to try 50's and never have. Maybe we should next time.

We love Pop Century, also really enjoyed Riverside, 50's is fun.

I've been reading along since your last trip report, I just wanted to say "HI" and tell you I am enjoying reading your adventures! My family and I have just returned from a week in Vero/WDW--we swam mostly....Did go to DHS one morning, to ride the new Star Tours. We were able to ride it 4 times before leaving! It is fantastic! Sad to say, we still have never done TSM! We grabbed FPs at about 11 for a 6 pm return time but between the park closing at 7 and the heat, we didn't return after our break....

Hi to you, thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a great relaxing vacation. Great to hear that you got to ride Star Tours so much. I will say with TSM that even if the wait time says it is 70+ minutes, go take a peek in the line. When we were there in May in the afternoon the wait time was something like 80 minutes but there was hardly no one in the line, the wait was really only like 10-15 minutes. It was this way two different times.

That Sampling of Mom's looks delicious!!! Was the chicken white meat or dark meat? I am picky and only eat white meat chicken. We haven't eaten at Prime Time in awhile and I think it is time to go back!

Bill says he thinks the chicken was white meat, I do too because he doesn't like dark. I would ask first and have them substitute if needed.

Fabulous update. I always want to try 50's too. And I didn't know they had a sampler platter. That looked so good!
I haven't don AI either. Maybe someday I'll check it out, but I really don't watch the show either.

I think the sampler platter is only on the lunch menu, not sure. I don't see why they couldn't do it at dinner too.

The Studios certainly IS your happy place! :goodvibes And you can NEVER have too many pictures of B&B...what an amazing show! (Although I definitely miss seeing Four For A Dollar while waiting...)

It amazes me how Bill can eat and eat like he does and not get fat...his metabolism must burn calories at a super-human rate!! :lmao:

Looking forward to more!

Kathy

I am a picture taking fool at BATB, I can't help myself. I also miss Four For a Dollar :sad1:. You are right about Bill's metabolism, it is insane. His "wild thing" arm is constantly moving even while he sleeps.

By request a picture of Bill's Larry Bird shoes :rotfl:.

008-2.jpg

Bill thinks it is hilarous that guys go crazy over these pretty plain shoes :confused3.

Great update - I've never seen the Beauty and the Beast show - may have to add that to our list of "to do's" for our September trip :goodvibes

Enjoying your TR; can't wait to read more! 50's PTC looks delicious. I think I'm going to have to try that next trip. And, Bill's shoes are awesome. :thumbsup2

Hi Trace, just found your report.

Way cool about Richie Mac, I'm a big fan too, but an even better Lonestar song is just perfect for trips...."What about now?".
The entire song is about loading up the car and saying the heck with it, time to hit the interstate,, that's the first cd I put in once we hit the open road.

Nice to see you again, tracy and bill, now I have someone to pester again!

I have no idea how I missed the update! I don't think I got m e-mail!

What a great update. Dinner at 50s looks so yummy! I think the sampler is full of the best of everything.

So glad you got to sit with Bill at B&B. I know that was a big disappointment for you on your last trip.

Yea!!!! THEY HAVE CARROT CAKE!!!!! I still think back to that night and just laugh. Not sure what the deal was. When I make carrot cake here he isn't as excited over it... not sure if it was because he thought it was the whole cake and he could eat it all... no idea. :confused3

Cool Shoes, Bill!

Can't wait to hear more. I will remember to just check in and not wait for an e-mail!

Hi Tracy! :goodvibes It was so nice to meet you & Bill,( I know I am late in sub'ing) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! I <3 all of the pics. Makes me wish I was more organized and dedicated so I could do one :rotfl: Hope to see you both soon somewhere in the World! :thumbsup2

Just found your trip report (it was the flashing pictures in your signature line)! My DD and I were there the same time as you guys - we checked in on 5/11 and we were in the 80s section. We only stayed till Saturday because we only came down to do the D23 scavenger hunt (boy it was hot!!!!!!!!!!!!). You right one awesome trip report! Maybe one of these days I will do one - more of a lurker on the boards but come September it will be out 16th trip and I am like you always thinking in Disney mode for the next trip (umm my pocket book for Disney is on my door knob and stuff is already making its way into & we don't go back till Sept:rotfl:).
I feel your pain with the buses - have traveled twice with my sister who needs a scooter because she has lung cancer and can't walk very far at any given time - most of the time the buses were great but when the buses would come and they were full already - uggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Bring on the some more!!!!!!!!:cool1:

SAAAWWWWEEEETTTT shoes Bill!:thumbsup2

Bill said "thank you".

Hi, just joining in, I'm really enjoying your report. Waiting 4 more!!!!

Thanks for joining in!

Joining in, now I am going back to read. :goodvibes

Hi, thanks for reading.

Very cool shoes!

:thumbsup2

Great update - I've never seen the Beauty and the Beast show - may have to add that to our list of "to do's" for our September trip :goodvibes

Oh you should give it a chance.

Enjoying your TR; can't wait to read more! 50's PTC looks delicious. I think I'm going to have to try that next trip. And, Bill's shoes are awesome. :thumbsup2

We enjoy 50's PTC for the atmosphere, the CM's, and the food.

Hi Trace, just found your report.

Way cool about Richie Mac, I'm a big fan too, but an even better Lonestar song is just perfect for trips...."What about now?".
The entire song is about loading up the car and saying the heck with it, time to hit the interstate,, that's the first cd I put in once we hit the open road.

Nice to see you again, tracy and bill, now I have someone to pester again!

:goodvibes Hi Nebo!! That song is a good road trip son. You can pester us anytime. Say hi to Smidgy!!

I have no idea how I missed the update! I don't think I got m e-mail!

What a great update. Dinner at 50s looks so yummy! I think the sampler is full of the best of everything.

So glad you got to sit with Bill at B&B. I know that was a big disappointment for you on your last trip.

Yea!!!! THEY HAVE CARROT CAKE!!!!! I still think back to that night and just laugh. Not sure what the deal was. When I make carrot cake here he isn't as excited over it... not sure if it was because he thought it was the whole cake and he could eat it all... no idea. :confused3

Cool Shoes, Bill!

Can't wait to hear more. I will remember to just check in and not wait for an e-mail!

Hi Tammy, Gavin saying that is one of our favorite memories of that trip. You have to make sure the carrot cake has a little frosting carrot on the top :thumbsup2.

Hi Tracy! :goodvibes It was so nice to meet you & Bill,( I know I am late in sub'ing) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! I <3 all of the pics. Makes me wish I was more organized and dedicated so I could do one :rotfl: Hope to see you both soon somewhere in the World! :thumbsup2

Hi!!! It was great to meet you. Are you going back in December? Maybe we will see you?

Just found your trip report (it was the flashing pictures in your signature line)! My DD and I were there the same time as you guys - we checked in on 5/11 and we were in the 80s section. We only stayed till Saturday because we only came down to do the D23 scavenger hunt (boy it was hot!!!!!!!!!!!!). You right one awesome trip report! Maybe one of these days I will do one - more of a lurker on the boards but come September it will be out 16th trip and I am like you always thinking in Disney mode for the next trip (umm my pocket book for Disney is on my door knob and stuff is already making its way into & we don't go back till Sept:rotfl:).
I feel your pain with the buses - have traveled twice with my sister who needs a scooter because she has lung cancer and can't walk very far at any given time - most of the time the buses were great but when the buses would come and they were full already - uggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Bring on the some more!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Hello, glad my signature drew someone in :rotfl:. I admire you for doing that hunt, it was brutally hot that weekend. I really enjoy writing trip reports, you should try one. The busses are a blessing, I love the fact of not having to drive anywhere. It can be very frustrating at times though, I just try to remind myself that heck even though we are waiting we are in WDW.

(This installment is in 4 parts, I wanted to get the entire day posted together)

YAY!! It was finally time to go to Epcot and see what the amazingly talented landscapers had come up with this year for the Flower and Garden Festival. I had purposely tried to avoid pictures, I wanted to see them in person first. I had seen a couple of pictures, I mean I HAD to read some of my friends TR’s that included pictures.

We took a bus to DHS, Bill and I have found out that we just love the boat ride from DHS to Epcot, it is relaxing, beautiful, and gets us directly to the World Showcase, one of our favorite parts of WDW. As I was waiting for the bus driver to get Bill unhooked I noticed this sign I hadn’t remembered ever seeing before:

May2011blackcamera145.jpg

I hope they post more signs, especially ones about the proper procedure on how many people can load from the back of the bus with a mobility device and why they are loaded first. Maybe that would help with the snide comments and glares we get from time to time for loading first?

Anyway back to the beautiful May day back in WDW, we walked to the boat dock:

May2011blackcamera146.jpg

May2011blackcamera147.jpg

Once we got in line waiting for the boat we had a pretty view:

May2011blackcamera148.jpg

And a not so pretty view:

May2011blackcamera149.jpg

May2011blackcamera150.jpg

This highly annoyed me, PEELING PAINT IN WDW??? What is up with this? It looked awful and I hope it is not that way now.

We had boat mojo and one was there quickly. They make anyone in ECV’s/wheelchairs sit inside at the back of the boat so that is where we went. I loved watching little kids looking at the birds, the other boats, and the resorts on our journey. The excitement and the happiness is just contagious.

Once we arrived at the World Showcase and got off the boat we saw this to the right:

May2011blackcamera151.jpg

After you walk up the ramp you see many beautiful flowers before you ever get in the park, sad to say it was so hot I didn’t go over there and spend time seeing what the signs said:

May2011blackcamera152.jpg

It is great how they have special brochures for all the events, the Flower and Garden guide was very handy:

May2011blackcamera153.jpg

As we were walking up the hill to go to the pavilions Alice came skipping down the hill and went past us on her way to where the characters take a break:

May2011blackcamera154.jpg

May2011blackcamera155.jpg

Running after her was a little girl about four years old with no parent in sight and she was trying to get back stage. Character handlers were getting ready to step in when her Mom (all fake tanned up, chest hanging out, way too short mini skirt, drink in hand, in high heels) walked past us saying “baby get back here”. Bill and I rolled our eyes at each other and were on our way.

Our goals for today were to see the topiaries and do some things we hadn’t done before. We have never really spent time in the France pavilion or watched the movie so we decided to try it. The France pavilion is really beautiful:

May2011blackcamera157.jpg

On the way we started to see the topiaries, we couldn’t stop smiling.

Cinderella and her Prince:

May2011blackcamera159.jpg

Then Sleeping Beauty and her Prince:

May2011blackcamera161.jpg

May2011blackcamera162.jpg

It was so nice to go into the waiting area for the film, it was cool and not crowded. The inside of the theater was very pretty and as with the other films in the World Showcase the screens were huge:

May2011blackcamera166.jpg

We enjoyed the film, it was beautifully done. We came out and started looking for more topiaries.

Perfume bottle:

May2011blackcamera169.jpg

Chip and Mrs. Potts, Cogsworth, and Lumiere:

May2011blackcamera174.jpg

Beast and Belle:

May2011blackcamera178.jpg

Aladdin:

May2011blackcamera180.jpg

When we got to Japan we were delighted to see all these bonsai trees:

May2011blackcamera183.jpg

May2011blackcamera184.jpg

May2011blackcamera185.jpg

May2011blackcamera186.jpg

May2011blackcamera188.jpg

continued.. Topiaries everywhere part 2

May2011blackcamera189.jpg

May2011blackcamera190.jpg

May2011blackcamera191.jpg

As you can see it wasn’t that crowded that day:

May2011blackcamera192.jpg

May2011blackcamera193.jpg

I really enjoyed all the topiaries around the American Pavilion:

May2011blackcamera194.jpg

May2011blackcamera195.jpg

May2011blackcamera196.jpg

May2011blackcamera200.jpg

May2011blackcamera201.jpg

May2011blackcamera204.jpg

See this cute little guy hanging out on the bed frame? He totally freaked some people out and they went running away from him:

May2011blackcamera206.jpg

Hmmm, this needed to be back at the DHS boat dock, don’t you think?

May2011blackcamera208.jpg

There were hanging baskets and flower groupings everywhere:

May2011blackcamera209.jpg

Next stop was Italy pavilion, this was by far my favorite topiaries (Bill’s favorite topiary was seen on another day):

May2011blackcamera212.jpg

The details on the eyes are outstanding:

May2011blackcamera214.jpg

Gorgeous flowers everywhere:

May2011blackcamera217.jpg

May2011blackcamera218.jpg

May2011blackcamera221.jpg

We could spend all evening in the Italy pavilion, it is amazing. Bill was happy we were going back to Tutto Italia again, not only for the food but for the eye candy. He was smitten with Teresa Maria from last year. Poor Bill wouldn’t be flirted with his time, it Alberto was our server:

May2011blackcamera227.jpg

I think I might have blushed a couple times. Between his accent and smile, I was a giddy school girl. Bill thought it was hilarious. We ordered our food and talked about our day.

Bill got this and I have no clue what it is called (Bad Trip Report writer BAD)

May2011blackcamera229.jpg

I got the pork chop again:

May2011blackcamera230.jpg

Funny thing about the above picture, the food was placed in front of us by another person not Alberto. I got my camera out, took the picture of Bill’s entrée, then went to take a picture of mine Alberto pops up from nowhere and turns the plate so I would have a better a shot. I blushed, he smiled, I blushed again, he nodded and off he went. Bill was cracking up and making fun of me.

Bill almost always uses a spoon when he eats, it is much easier for him. We like to take pictures of the spoons restaurants give us because usually they are huge and we are hysterically laughing about it. That night I was happy to report a regular spoon, I documented it and oops accidently got our servers backside in the shot:

May2011blackcamera233.jpg

Time for the desserts, Bill’s:

May2011blackcamera234.jpg

Mine:

May2011blackcamera236.jpg

Continued... Topiaries everywhere part 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter