An APRIL Adventure in Autism: 2008 (8/8) Time to Say Good-Bye....

That is great, I'm so excited for you!!:cool1:

Just a tip: if you are interested in meeting Jack Sparrow, go there as soon as the MK is closing (you do know you can enter MK early though, right?....of course you do, you read these boards!!), and get in line. I guess the line gets pretty big, we got there early and were third in line. The kids loved meeting him, he took his time and fooled with them, he was a riot!

I hope you get your request at OKW, we've always gotten near the HH when requested (but I know, it's just a request). Just watch that slide, it looks tame enough but it really spits you out at the end!!

Have a wonderful trip!;)

Okay, I called DVC Member Services this morning for two reasons. First, to order our P&PP tickets using the DVC member discount. (Whoo-Hoo... saved a whopping $4.75 per ticket... are you just soo jealous?!!) :laughing:

Non-refundable, non-transferrable. There's no turning back now!!

That done, I asked to make a room location request to be close to the Hospitality House and the main theme pool. Yes, yes, dear MS reservationist, I know the requests are noted but not guaranteed, etc, etc.

But for some reason, I just feel the need to have our request noted. I will be seriously shocked if we actually get it.... we've never had luck with our DVC requests, unlike our past room requests at POFQ and CBR. So I figure if I keep my expectations low, I will not be disappointed and may even wind up pleasantly surprised.

Well, gotta go. I have the day off and there's so much I'd like to get done while the kiddos are in school. We leave Friday night!!!!!

Bye for now--

Kathy

Sorry I've missed like 3 pgs of your PTR....busy busy being Scrappie Do & getting reading for my pre-garage sale, a basement sale. But I'm BACK!

If you've been following along on my *cough* on my "real report" :rolleyes: (Tricia's words, not mine,) you know that we've been having a lot of negative autism-related issues with Billy as of late. He turned ten this week and I had a really bad case of the blues. :sad1: It's just so heartbreaking to remember him as an infant...normal and healthy...before the autism struck. I carry a lot of guilt about vaccinating him; I just was completely ignorant about the dangers at that time.

First Happy B-day to Billy!!!:banana: and sorry to hear you were feeling blue! I've been becoming concerned about things in the past too concerning Michael, but alas as the Good Word says don't dwell on the past, for that is in the past...keep looking forward. It is an ongoing healing process. I try to focus on what is a head and what can I do now. Your in my thoughts!:hug:

And remember when we were getting ready to leave for WDW last November and we had, um, "toilet troubles?" :rolleyes1 Well, the potty must know we're getting ready to leave again, because it's been backing up all week. :headache: The plumber really wants to rip out the entire thing, but it really can't be done now... we're gutting the whole house this summer and I don't want to spend any $$ on that pesky potty if I don't absolutely have to!

UGH!!! oh no!:scared: maybe your potty will be missing you all and is trying to let you know...;)

Which neatly segues into my next issue: I cannot find a local (pet-friendly) house to rent short-term while our renovations are being done!

sorry about the renting woes...you REALLY DO NEED THAT DISNEY BREAK?FIX!!!

Finally, he spoke. "How much?"

Uh-oh. Here it comes.

"It's about $40 a piece with the DVC discount."

I held my breath.

"So....that's what, $160?"

I nodded.

"Do it!" He said.

Yay! It was as easy as that!! :woohoo: :cool1: :hug: puckerup: :love2:

Kathy pirate: princess:

YAY!!! that is so AWESOME!! I'm very excited for you! we're missing it by one day, :sad2: so wer'e gonna have our own PPP for the twins birthday next month

Now as far as that packing is concerned....Kathy???:confused: get on the packing ball girl! My disney box is practically overflowing and we still have a little less than 2 months away! Hear the packing Mantra...:listen:

" Yo Ho a PACKING life for Me"

"Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to PACK I Go"

"It's a Whole New Suitcase"

:rotfl:

Okay, I called DVC Member Services this morning for two reasons. First, to order our P&PP tickets using the DVC member discount. (Whoo-Hoo... saved a whopping $4.75 per ticket... are you just soo jealous?!!) :laughing:

WooHoo! That DVC is paying for itself now!! :rotfl2:

Yes, yes, I actually put a small dent in my Disney packing! :cool1:

I've got most of my clothes laid out, as well as most of Billy's!

I spent most of the day, however, on the hunt for a house to rent for the summer while our shack, er, house is being renovated.

And I had success!!! We're signing the rental contract on Friday, the day we leave for WDW.

It's not the greatest house... okay, it's a bit of a dump! :rolleyes: It's actually been on the market for a long, long, time and it hasn't been moving (wonder why?) But our agent, the one who helped us find our house ten years ago when I was waddling around eight months pregnant with Billy and pushing a 2 yr-old Tricia around in the stroller, convinced the seller to rent to us short-term.

(Just 'cuz we're so nice!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: )

That's supposed to be me, Ed, Tricia, and Billy.... just in case you were wondering.

It's got plenty of space (so we don't have to put our stuff in a storage facility), it's :dog: friendly (so we can keep our Aimee with us), and, most importantly, it's here in our town so Billy can still get bussed to his extended summer school program. Location, location, location!

Oh, and I can work all summer.... yay. woo-hoo. ...and get paid!!! Yay! :yay: woo-hoo! :woohoo:

So, I'm feeling very relieved that our summer living arrangements will be all set before we leave for our vacation! Hooray! Disney or Bust!! :car:

Well, that's all folks!

Kathy

Oh, and I got a mani/pedi, too! Very Important to vacation preparation!! :banana:

That's a load off your mind in time for vacation!

:woohoo: on getting the P & P PArty Tickets

pixiedust: for getting your room requests

And a :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: for finding a rental property!

4 days...but with Fuzzy Disney Math...since you don't count today or the day you leave you are down to 2 days baby:cool1:

Just a few more days! :cool1: How exciting! :banana: I'm already getting excited about our surprise trip in September. I don't know how I'll be able to wait.

Yay!!! That's so exciting you get to do the P&P Party!! We were at the MK one night before it started and all the set-ups looked so cool...you guys are going to have SUCH a fun time! :banana: :banana:

Oh thank goodness you got the housing issue straightened out before you left. That must be a huge weight off your shoulders. Have a great time!!

THE GOOD NEWS:

Tricia and I just got back from grocery shopping and I was able to pick up some more snacks and supplies for vacation. I'm practically done. :goodvibes

THE BAD NEWS:

Turned around and realized that Tricia was missing! Okay, she's twelve. She probably stopped in the cosmetics aisle to look at lip gloss or something-or-other. I finished shopping and she still hadn't come to find me. She was gone a long time. :worried:

I left my cart and started cruising along, looking up every aisle, figuring I would see her. After doing this twice, I began to get more anxious. Where could she be? Checked the rest room....not there.

Now, I began going up and down each aisle calling for her. (I knew she had been too lazy to grab her cell phone before we left.)

Still, I didn't see her. Now I am in full Panicked Mother Mode. I'm just about to ask the manager to page her overhead, when she suddenly appears.

Know where she was??

Looking at all the Pincheys in the Lobster Tank! :rolleyes:

After realizing that I wasn't with her, she had been going up and down the aisles looking for me, or so she says. :scratchin I still don't know how we could have missed each other!!

(Boy, did I ever give her a tongue-lashing, and I don't care who heard it!)

She knows better than to go looking for me if she gets lost. "Even the little kids who watch Barney and Sesame Street know that if they get lost in a store, they should find an adult who works there and get help."

This did not go over well. "I wasn't lost, I was just looking at the lobsters," she said. :snooty:

I decided to use it as an oportunity to (once again) reinforce the importance of safety and stranger danger. "Even if you're in a familiar place, a place where you feel comfortable, like the grocery store or even next week when we go to Disney, you always need to keep your wits about you! Someone could come up behind you and grab you!" She just shot me a look like, Yeah, right.

You know, they start to get older and you have to give them a little freedom...but then they feel invincible and get annoyed when you want to keep tabs on them. Ughhhh... and she's not even technically a teenager yet!!! :headache: :rolleyes2

Afterwards, I told her that I was sorry that I had yelled at her...that she had given me a fright and I had just been worried. She apologized and we hugged :hug: and that was that. It was back to talking about what color nailpolish she should wear to Disney!

I guess she's still my little girl! :cutie:

Kathy

Thank goodness everything is ok :hug:. They never think anything bad will happen :sad2:. Sometimes they just need a refresher course in what to do.

Is there any chance we might find out on your "real report" (shout out to Tricia :thumbsup2) what happened with Billy and the CM before you leave for WDW?

At least she's getting it out of system now......;)

Is there any chance we might find out on your "real report" (shout out to Tricia :thumbsup2) what happened with Billy and the CM before you leave for WDW?

I will try, I will try! I promise!
I'm just getting ready to sign off for the night, so perhaps tomorrow.
I'm working all day tomorrow and Thursday, too (thought I had off, but turns out, I don't.) :headache: So much to do!!:crazy:

The working title is: A Dream Granted ... and a Satisfaction Denied.

Kathy

I understand you are really busy, it will be worth the wait even if you post it after you get back from your vacation!!

it's scary to lose a child no matter what the age or for how long. You never know in today's world. :sad2:

Pinchy = Gud. :hug:

Aren't you driving down like tomorrow? :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

In case I miss you have a FABULOUS trip. Drive carefully and enjoy your vacation:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

See you when you get back!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter