• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An APRIL Adventure in Autism: 2008 (8/8) Time to Say Good-Bye....

I hope you get the dosage straightened out soon. Sounds like you have things well thought out. I can't wait to see how driving down there goes. I think about it from time to time. It would be nice to have the van with us, but I don't know about me having to drive all that way. Maybe one day.

I am trying, really I am!!

I've commited to a NOTP Trip, as well as relative frugality while we are in the World. (No going crazy buying t-shirts, pins, etc.)

But the allure of the Pirate and Princess Party is very strong!!
42.gif

Afterall...we usually like to go to Disney during Jersey Week now. (2nd week of November.) Great for reducing the # of days the kids miss from school, but the only week at that time of year when there are no Parties!! party:

That's right. MNSSHPs are finished the week before and the MVMCPs don't start until the following week! This would be a perfect opportunity to party Disney-style!!! :woohoo:

The cost (with DVC member discount) is about $40 each for Ed and me, and about $35 for each of the kids. Not going to break the bank, but wait! I also need to figure in the cost of costumes! Hmmmmm.

And Billy isn't so crazy about dressing up in costumes....sometimes he balks at wearing them on Halloween. And he definitely does not like to see me looking any different than usual, so it will seriously limit my ability to dress up. He doesn't even like it when my hair is wet. So that means no hat, no wig, no different hairstyle, etc.

So, what's so great about the P&PP? For me, the special parade and fireworks show are really the big draw. It will be a busy Spring Break time of year, and since we only have one day :sad1: for the MK, it would give us a great opportunity to experience some of the attractions with fewer crowds.

There's a P&PP scheduled for Wednesday, one of the days I thought we might use for our day of R&R at the resort. That would be perfect! We could sleep in, relax all day, and then go to the party at 7pm.

Ugghhhh. :sad2: It's just soooooo tempting........

Kathy

There's a P&PP scheduled for Wednesday, one of the days I thought we might use for our day of R&R at the resort. That would be perfect! We could sleep in, relax all day, and then go to the party at 7pm.

Ugghhhh. :sad2: It's just soooooo tempting........

Kathy

DO IT! The party is so worth the extra money. As for costumes we didn't wear them when we went. I got the boys a POTC t-shirt and I made a shirt that had princesses on it. Jimmy wore Mickey pirate ears and a patch and that was it.:thumbsup2

I say "DO IT"!! Maybe you could get Billy excited about it prior to going. We do that with Trey sometimes and it works.... sometimes.... :)

I'd go for it, but you know Tricia, Billy and Ed best.

I hesitated about going last August but honestly, it was the best night of our vacation! The fireworks are absolutely amazing and we were able to walk on every ride (and meeting Capt. Jack was fun too!). I wasn't sure because it's a late night and my kids are used to a relatively early bedtime, but i insisted on naps that afternoon (which they agreed to...shocker!) and like I said, we loved it!

Also, we didn't do costumes, I got t-shirt designs off the Dis-ign board here and made some great shirts for us to wear.

Either way, you'll have a great vacation!:thumbsup2

p.s. I love your trip reports, you have a nice writing style and I feel like I know your family (I chuckle about AR, she reminds me of my mother!).

Hmmmm. Themed t-shirts instead of costumes... you might be onto something there! :idea: What a great idea! No "change" issues with Billy, plus the cost of the t-shirts can be rationalized since they can be used again and again.

Now, :confused: how do I propose the idea to Ed when he gets home from work.....

Kathy

Bat those beautiful eyelashes at him and tell him about it :thumbsup2.

Or you could rationalize with him, you have been sooooo good at not planning every little detail, just the way he wants you to be, but you would like to add just one thing to the itinerary. Also, it is something you have never done before and it sounds like so much FUN!!

Good luck, how could he say no to that gorgeous smile?

Kathy,

Scrooge McJordan here.

I'm not a big fan of fireworks/parades as is evident in my PTR/TR. So it would be hard for me to justify the extra expense, but that's me.

You'll probably be kicking yourself if you don't do it......

Kathy,

Scrooge McJordan here.

I'm not a big fan of fireworks/parades as is evident in my PTR/TR. So it would be hard for me to justify the extra expense, but that's me.

You'll probably be kicking yourself if you don't do it......

BUT, are you afan of walking onto rides with no wait;)

I :love: my Hubby!!

Ed came home from work at about 8pm to a big kiss and dinner on the table. Then I shushed the kids out of the kitchen so he could watch the baseball game in peace. During commercial, I casually mentioned that I hoped it wouldn't be too crowded in WDW next week because of the Spring Breakers.....

"So, if we go to the park and it gets really crowded, we stay for a couple of hours, then go back to the resort and lounge by the pool!"

"But hon, I don't want to just lounge by the pool every day. Even if it is a "Disney pool." I want to do things!"

"Well, then we'll play shuffleboard."

:rolleyes:

I gave a deep, heavy sigh. Then I jumped in with both feet.

"You know, I'm really thinking about the Pirate and Princess Party. Everyone on the DIS says you can just walk on all the rides, and some of the reviewers on TGM said that they rode the biggies like Space Mountain and BTMRR and the crowds were so light, the CMs just let them stay on for a second ride!"

I paused.

He chewed.

"And there's special fireworks and a pirate and princess-themed parade!"

I paused again.

He chewed some more.

"I thought we could go on Wednesday night. We'll use that as our resort day....sleep in, relax all day, grab a quick dinner at the resort and then head over to the Magic Kingdom."

Finally, he spoke. "How much?"

Uh-oh. Here it comes.

"It's about $40 a piece with the DVC discount."

I held my breath.

"So....that's what, $160?"

I nodded.

"Do it!" He said.

Yay! It was as easy as that!! :woohoo: :cool1: :hug: puckerup: :love2:

Kathy pirate: princess:

:banana: :dance3: :yay: :banana: I just love that Ed!!!

YAY Kathy, I can't wait to hear all about it, it sounds like so much fun.

So, it's settled. Tomorrow I'm calling DVC Member Services to order our P&PP tickets! :woohoo: And I'm taking your advice and not even bothering with the costumes....I'll just pick up some appropriately-themed t-shirts when we get there.... maybe some pirate/princess ears.... whoa! I'm shopping too much and I haven't even arrived yet! :laughing:

I think Ed is really psyched about our non-commando plans. ::yes::

Oh, and I also need to make a room request from Member Services. Since we plan on doing a lot of resort time, I think I'd like to stay closer to the Hospitality House and main pool (with slide) if possible.

I'll have to keep my fingers crossed on that one, though. I know requests are not guaranteed, but I haven't been too lucky with my requests in the past.

Oh well....who cares??? It's all good! :goodvibes After that l-o-n-g road trip, I'll be happy to lay my head down just about anywhere at Old Key West!!

Kathy

So, it's settled. Tomorrow I'm calling DVC Member Services to order our P&PP tickets! :woohoo: And I'm taking your advice and not even bothering with the costumes....I'll just pick up some appropriately-themed t-shirts when we get there.... maybe some pirate/princess ears.... whoa! I'm shopping too much and I haven't even arrived yet! :laughing:

I think Ed is really psyched about our non-commando plans. ::yes::

Oh, and I also need to make a room request from Member Services. Since we plan on doing a lot of resort time, I think I'd like to stay closer to the Hospitality House and main pool (with slide) if possible.

I'll have to keep my fingers crossed on that one, though. I know requests are not guaranteed, but I haven't been too lucky with my requests in the past.

Oh well....who cares??? It's all good! :goodvibes After that l-o-n-g road trip, I'll be happy to lay my head down just about anywhere at Old Key West!!

Kathy

Nice......Ed...good Husband.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter