An APRIL Adventure in Autism: 2008 (8/8) Time to Say Good-Bye....

Well, that’s it! Seems strange not to have every hour of every day planned out, yet I am strangely at peace...

Does this mean I have to turn in my OTP membership card???

No your don't have to turn in your card...you did schedule your day of rest. In fact you planned to have a Plan A and a Plan B for that day of rest. And I would guess that in the back of you mind you have Plans 1 thur 10 of things that you could do on that day of rest if hanging out in the studio room gets a bit boring by 11 am. Your memebership is safe and sound!

Sounds like a good time-I cant wait to see the F&G pictures.
I mean this in the best way, but I'm happy Tricia isn't too old for a princess meal.

Itinerary looks good. I think the resort day in the middle of the trip looks a bit better to me. IMO. If you can't stand waiting til the last day to hit MK, maybe you could hop over for Wishes or a few attractions earlier in the week.

Kathy, looks like a great plan. I like the resort day, I am planning on that on our trip too, let's see if we actually do it because of Commando Bill :rotfl:. Looks like you will have a great time!!

If I knew I were going every year I'd probably loosen up on the planning too. I think it will be refreshing and heck you know you'll be back right? Anxious to hear of your adventure. Esp driving all that way! We have 3 kids too and are contemplating driving to see friends in NC this summer. The thought makes me shudder so I am looking forward to hearing from you your tips and things that make it a success!

Allyson :)

We drove to DLR in 2003 and spent 3 days driving down and three days driving back. It was great. We didn't push it.

OKW is wonderful. :cloud9: The pool is the best!

It's ok to "wing it". If you remember, I did just that last March (07) and we had a blast. We had only two ADRs for the whole trip!

Eye, Eye, Eye....

Ugggh.

I just couldn't put it off any longer.

Our safety on the long road trip to Orlando was at stake.

I finally gave in and had my stupid eyes checked.

Ugggh. The verdict is in.

It's glasses for Kathy! :3dglasses :rolleyes:

Yes, my eyes must have noticed that the rest of my body was, uh, shall we say, maturing, and they decided that they'd better jump on the bandwagon and begin aging along with the rest of me.

I'm 43 and I've never been to an opthamologist in my entire life. I never needed glasses before...always passed those eye chart exams the school nurse gave... Hey, if it ain't broke....

Well, over the past year I've noticed that I can't read the highway signs until they are just about on top of me and that everything seemed just a teeny bit blurry when I drove at night. Since I'm going to have to spell Ed when driving to Florida, and since some of that driving will be done at night, I finally bit the bullet and scheduled an eye examination.

The opthamologist couldn't help but laugh at me.

"Well, Mrs. K., I'm surprised it took you this long to come and see me," he chuckled. "Your vision is 20/150!"

"Aha," I nodded, "so it appears that my sneaking suspicions were correct."

Rats. Glasses.

What's next, a hearing aid and a walker? Sigh.

Okay, Okay. So I'm being dramatic. So it's really not so bad. I just need them for driving, and probably just at night, anyway.

But still. It's just one more sign that time is marching on.

And it's marching all over my body!!

"See" 'ya later....

Kathy

I'm here to cause Hate & Discontent. :smokin:

:sad2:

Never! A little nausea and vomiting, perhaps....

Kathy

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It will be a NOTP Trip!

What is this you speak of:confused3

Here is my NOTP Itinerary:

Friday/Saturday (4/18-19): TRAVEL: We’ll do the bulk of our driving today, about 11-12 hours. We will leave around 10pm and hopefully the kids will sleep through most of it. We plan to get as far as South Carolina.

Sunday (4/20): TRAVEL/CHECK-IN: South Carolina to Orlando should take about 6-7 hours. Check in at Old Key West and just relax.

Monday (4/21): DISNEY STUDIOS: Late breakfast (11:05) ADR at Play ‘n Dine. Possible dinner (7:35) at Sci-Fi.

Tuesday (4/22): ANIMAL KINGDOM

Wednesday (4/23): Either MAGIC KINGDOM or RESORT DAY

Thursday (4/24): EPCOT: Storybook Breakfast (10:25) at Akershus. The Flower and Garden Festival will be going on!

**I played an April Fools Day joke on Tricia… I told her that we would be visiting Minnie’s Butterfly Garden and that the Imagineers had genetically engineered Hidden Mickeys on some of the butterflies’ wings. ;) She really believed me! But, I’m not surprised. She inherited her mother’s belief in Disney Magic!**

Friday (4/25): Either MAGIC KINGDOM or RESORT DAY.

Saturday (4/26): CHECK-OUT/TRAVEL. We’re on the road again and stay over night in Virginia.

Sunday (4/27): TRAVEL. Virginia to New Jersey (and home.)

Looks good. A bit of advice...Have you relax day on Friday, the ride home will be sooooo much better, KWIM?

Does this mean I have to turn in my OTP membership card???

Not yet;)

:grouphug: Kathy, it will be ok. I know the thought of wearing glasses is not a fun one. Maybe you could get some really stylish frames to help you with the transition? I wear contacts, but did have glasses for years. I know how you feel.

I wear glasses everywhere except Orlando. It's so humid down there I can toss in contacts and not take them out for two weeks. It's so nice to be able to read the clock when I wake up in the morning.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
If it makes you feel any better, I've needed glasses since I was 8 (just think of what you'll get to see in WDW).

Rats. Glasses.

What's next, a hearing aid and a walker? Sigh.

Tell me about it. I just got glasses a couple of weeks ago, and I'll be 44 in November. So far they're just for reading, but who knows. :sad2:

Your trip sounds fantastic! Probably because that's the way hubby and I do every trip. We are NOT those go go go types of people. In fact, and I'm almost scared to admit this here at the Dis, we've never done two parks in one day, we've never gone to all four parks in one trip, we only spend one day at each park, and most trips we only go to Epcot and the MK!

So is it okay if I stay just long enough to finish this report and your other one??

Hi Kathy,

wow 2 pages went by already...guess I was off raking the leaves or something:confused3

I love your itinerary:thumbsup2 Good for you on trying the laid back approach...I'm still mighty OCD when it comes to my TPTP but a "rest day" is great! We did it back in 05 and plan on it agian this trip too. It's nice to just have a day of R&R and re-coop/gather for the rest of your stay....I love the parks too, but there is a ton of Dis Magic:wizard: at the resorts too!

But of course you know I have a list of what we can do while ewe are resting....:rolleyes1

The glasses:3dglasses been wearing them since 12/13. But my eldest DD Aldine has been wearing them since age 4 months! anyone top that?

Hi Kathy! Subbing! Can't wait to hear all about your newest trip :banana: I'll be anxious to hear how the driving goes. We just booked a land/sea for Sept, and can't even consider driving! We would probably KILL our DD's! Our 10 year old (ADHD/Asperger's, etc) DOES NOT TOLERATE long car trips (more than 30 minutes, or so)! We drove 6 hours to Williamsburg a couple of years ago. By the time we got there, DH was ready to turn around a come back home, he was so angry :mad: with our kids behavior in the car! Sounds like your trip will be very relaxing and a lot of fun!

Oh yeah...I've gotta start packing soon, don't I?

This is sooo strange for me. Usually by the time I'm this close to a WDW trip I've mailed our "sundries box" to the resort, packed everyone's toiletry items, and have piles of folded clothes covering my dining room table.

I've done none of it!

Usually about three months before we leave, I start filling a "Disney Box" with all kinds of odds and ends and supplies that we need.

Let's see. Oh yes, I did buy a bottle of sunscreen and a package of glow bracelets the other day... does that count?

Yikes! I just haven't had the time! I've been so distracted by everything else going on in our lives!

If you had told me a year ago that I could possibly let a Disney trip "sneak up on me" like this, I would have :lmao: at you!

Okay, I did take Tricia shopping for a bathing suit and shorts. And I did make Billy try on his shorts from last summer to see if they still fit (thankfully, they do!) Oh, and I also dug out the lime green bagallini from the back of the closet and emptied it out in preparation.

Luckily, nothing yucky was in there....just some old Times Guides, a pack of tissues, and some change.

And yes, I have really, really, been trying to check in on the DISboards on a daily basis.

It just seems so surreal....

I cannot believe we'll be leaving for Disney in just over a week!! :eek:

Kathy

p.s. New Glasses = Not Gud (Giving me a little headache) :headache:

Kathy...it soun ds like you are not even stressing...Gud:thumbsup2

I have been wearing glasses since I was 5, you get used to them. If the headaces continue though call the doctor.

WHAT?? My OTP Idol is winging it this time
smiley_faint.gif
?

Whatever you do, don't tell Bill anything about this
shhh.gif
,or I will hear "If Kathy can do it that way, we can too!!"

I am so sorry you are getting headaches :hug:, maybe they will just take getting used to?? Bill says you will probably see all sorts of things at Disney you hadn't seen before if you wear them in the parks :lmao:. He asked me "How did she see any of Fantasmic?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter