Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banana: We are staying March the 13th-20th. Just saved $3,500 on two rooms! I am sooo excited. This is our first trip to the poly! We are taking our grandkids 7 yr. and 7 mon. :love: I was hoping the poly would be a great choice with them. Of course the adults will also get the pixie dust! Thanks for this thread. I always enjoy reading and looking at the great pictures. Kay

We are new to the Poly, too! I had to change my March 2010 ressies at WL and AKL to get the 4/3 deal, so now we've got CL Poly for the whole trip. At first I was a little unhappy about the whole situation, but this thread has changed my mind...:cheer2:

i got the 4/3 yesterday applied to my reservation!

Just did the 7 for 4 deal!! Saved 1800. Thanks to all of you for telling me. DH will be SO happy!!

I also adjusted my current March 2010 Poly reservation to the 4/3 deal this morning. It saved me over $1700!!!:dance3:

This looks just like the room we had, but I can't remember the room number. do you remember which room you had? also, we booked the 4/3 deal as well. we saved about $1500.00

:banana: We are staying March the 13th-20th. Just saved $3,500 on two rooms! I am sooo excited. This is our first trip to the poly! We are taking our grandkids 7 yr. and 7 mon. :love: I was hoping the poly would be a great choice with them. Of course the adults will also get the pixie dust! Thanks for this thread. I always enjoy reading and looking at the great pictures. Kay

We are new to the Poly, too! I had to change my March 2010 ressies at WL and AKL to get the 4/3 deal, so now we've got CL Poly for the whole trip. At first I was a little unhappy about the whole situation, but this thread has changed my mind...:cheer2:

How wonderful for all your deals! Staying at the Poly is wonderful, staying at a big discount is just the icing on the cake! We will have fun planning with you. :cool1:

Hopefully soon we will have some new, recent reviews! Happy Planning :flower3:

this was my mug from boutiki from may 2009

DSC02622.jpg

Thats not the refillable mug is it?

This looks just like the room we had, but I can't remember the room number. do you remember which room you had? also, we booked the 4/3 deal as well. we saved about $1500.00

We were in room 2035. We had actually booked garden view room and were upgraded to theme park view for our honeymoon. We also had saved over $1000 dollars. This year's 4/3 deal isn't as good for AP holders like us since you are required to purchase more than a one day magic your way ticket.

Have to love the discounts! I got a great pin rate which is how we get to stay in a MK view this trip, its going to cost me slighty less then I was going to pay for a CY view at the WL. I love the WL but a MK view at the PR was no contest.

ALOHA!!!!!Back from our 6 night stay at the Poly-Sept. 21-27. Thought I'd just jump right in with my review.
ME- Took us 70 min from getting off plane to arriving at Poly.
On-Line Check-In- We walked right up and 2 CM to assist. We got The most wonderful CM named Michael- who is from Hawaii. He was, by far, the best CM we have ever encountered.
Longhouse- Tokelau Room 2916 which is a second floor GV room just 2 doors from the end by the Lagoon. We had a slight view of the lagoon if we stood on our balcony. The best part was being able to slip out of the longhouse and walking down the one flight of stairs and being on the beach. We then walked down the beach sidewalk and cut up by the Volcano Pool to the GCH. We watched Wishes from the beach 3 nights and then were just a few steps back to our room.
If I stayed Poly again I would get a MK or straight on Lagoon view room. I don't believe GV has quite the same magic. We spend quite a bit of time at the resort and MK view would have been better.
Pool- Only swam one time in each pool. I liked the slide and sat by the water jets for a bit. Hot tub would have been better! Then we went to the quiet pool so that I could actually swim ( its deeper and less crowded.)
Ate at Kona for breakfast twice for the yummy Macadamia Nut Pancakes. Only had breakfast meal at Cap't Cooks. Not crowded and easy to navigate.
Obviously, the transportation options here cannot be beat. We only used the Monorail once and the small boat several times and walked to T&TC for Epcot Monorail. Very convenient. Not a long wait at bus stop for DHS & AK buses.
We came back to the room in the middle of the day of our MNSSHP day to rest up and change clothes. That and coming back late from MNSSHP so quickly were definite pluses.
Room- Our room was clean-no mold. I got out my Clorox wipes and wiped down the remote and telephone and dresser handles. The wipes came out black and glad I took the extra few minutes to do this.
Housekeeping was good the first few days. No towel animals. Called down for washcloths one evening and it was an hour before they were delivered. On our last night we came back to the room and it was like they stopped cleaning right in the middle of it. The towels were just in a pile on the counter. The glasses they left were DIRTY. Lipstick on one of them! No ice bucket liner and bed not made up. Not sure what was up with that. We did not request turn down service but I do think that a deluxe resort should do it automatically.
We enjoyed our stay very much.

BreezysMom- Thanks for getting this new thread up and going. You've done a great job!

Just booked 4/3 for my 30th birthday in February! It's been a lifelong dream to stay at the Poly!!

1. Opposite question about fireworks from most: how loud could they be in our room at night? We're traveling with our 2 year old daughter and likely will all have an early bedtime each night. We stayed at Caribbean Beach when she was about 18 months and Illuminations was just a like thunder every night. She slept through that, so I wondered being so close to MK what we should expect. I booked a Garden View.

2. If I request first floor, will we for sure have a patio? Is there a longhouse without first floor patios?

3. About the coin laundry... what else is in that building? Would you stay there, or just go back to your room after starting a load? We're staying 7 nights, so there's got to be a laundry day in there. When we stayed at CBR, there were laundry rooms at every quiet pool, so there was a place for laundry literally right next to our room. I guess Poly has only one laundry room because there's a valet laundry service.

It's crazy, but these are about the only things I'm wondering about. These FAQ's are awesome!

Just booked 4/3 for my 30th birthday in February! It's been a lifelong dream to stay at the Poly!!

1. Opposite question about fireworks from most: how loud could they be in our room at night? We're traveling with our 2 year old daughter and likely will all have an early bedtime each night. We stayed at Caribbean Beach when she was about 18 months and Illuminations was just a like thunder every night. She slept through that, so I wondered being so close to MK what we should expect. I booked a Garden View.

It is like thunder, a series of booms. But if you have the sliding door closed it should not be too bad. I have read report that some longhouses close to the TTC get bothered by the boat horn blowing

2. If I request first floor, will we for sure have a patio? Is there a longhouse without first floor patios?

Yes, I beleive all first floor rooms have patios. Some lead to grassy areas or the beach except for Tuvalu which is at the edge of the lagoon but those rooms still have patios.

3. About the coin laundry... what else is in that building? Would you stay there, or just go back to your room after starting a load? We're staying 7 nights, so there's got to be a laundry day in there. When we stayed at CBR, there were laundry rooms at every quiet pool, so there was a place for laundry literally right next to our room. I guess Poly has only one laundry room because there's a valet laundry service.

I have left my laundry but made sure I came back in a timely manner. Some people had left their clothing in the laundry for hours and I finally took it out of the washer and put it on the counter. I did not want to but it was a long time.

It's crazy, but these are about the only things I'm wondering about. These FAQ's are awesome!

Have a wonderful trip :wizard:

WE DID IT!!!!:cool1: Upgraded from POFQ to the POLY with the 4/3 deal. Actually, we are staying 6 nights not 7 but we are at the POLY so.......... WOOHOO!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Always wanted to stay there. Told my DH, last visit when we passed by on the monorail, that someday we are going to stay there. That someday is in JANUARY!:woohoo: We only ever stayed value so our children will be thrilled with the pool & slide.

BTW, love seeing photos.......keep them coming!!!!:love:

Have a wonderful trip :wizard:

Thank you for your answers! I want us to have the space outside to sit while our daughter naps, and since there's no guarantees on a balcony, I'm hoping a first floor request is our best bet. I'm not picky about where, I'm just happy we get to be there! I have learned to prioritize these Disney room requests from previous experiences.

Ditto about the laundry. Those coin machines are super fast, too. At CBR, $2 in the dryer only bought 30 minutes of dry time so you have to go back and put in more quarters anyway.

WE DID IT!!!!:cool1: Upgraded from POFQ to the POLY with the 4/3 deal. Actually, we are staying 6 nights not 7 but we are at the POLY so.......... WOOHOO!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Always wanted to stay there. Told my DH, last visit when we passed by on the monorail, that someday we are going to stay there. That someday is in JANUARY!:woohoo: We only ever stayed value so our children will be thrilled with the pool & slide.

YEAH!!!!! It's a great resort :banana:

We returned from 9 nights at the Poly on Tuesday. It was just like I remembered as a child. We stayed in Tokelau which I think I'd request again for a garden view room. It was central to bus stop, laundry, TTC, both pools and GCH. My daughter loved her evening at the Neverland Club and we enjoyed O'hanas, Kona Cafe (for breakfast and dinner) and Cap't Cooks. The refillable mugs are great for coffee, soda, and pomegranate lemonade. My daughters loved the Itzakadoozie popsicles and the Mickey ice cream sandwiches. Both are snack credits on the dining plan. Our complaints were our rooms weren't ready until almost 5pm (totally unacceptable when you arrive at 3pm and have dinner reservations for 5:30 and would like to get showered and dressed), also the Volcano pool was quite crowded. We definitely recommend the Poly after checking out the Grand Floridian and Contemporary, we weren't impressed with them. We did like the Wilderness Lodge and might consider that next time we go.

Hi!
We are checking in the Poly this Saturday. I haven't stayed there in years. Do they still come to the parking lot in the golf carts to help you with your luggage? Or, do you just pull up to the front and they help you there? Last time they came to the parking lot and took us on a tour of the resort in the golf cart. Thanks for this new thread...I love it!

Yay! You're going to love it there. We all do! :banana:

I have also been collecting mugs from my favorite WDW resorts, and I have to say that I was disappointed with the mugs at the Poly compared to the other resorts. I actually didn't end up buying one and was hoping next time we go there would be a prettier mug! They were very plain, maybe brown with just Polynesian Resort written on it. Nothing fancy or vibrant like the resort itself :confused: I asked a CM and she said she wasn't impressed with the selection either :)

I agree. I ended up buying some at the Rainforest Cafe that looked more like they belonged at the Poly to represent this trip.

:surfweb:
Can anyone tell me what the advantages of "bounce back offers" are?
Is there a discount offered, guaranteed no blackout dates, dining packages, etc etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter