• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 days and we will be checking in. I ordered Lei's from a company in Hawaii that will FedEX them out to be delivered on our day of arrival so I will let you know how that works out. Its a surprise for DW we honeymooned in Hawaii so I thought she would get a kick out of them.

Good morning friends! Big day for us here in Chicago:banana: I think it would be cool.

I am heading to the Lake house this weekend so I will keep working on the reviews and FAQ page when I can.

Thanks to all the people that just returned for the reviews! :thumbsup2

Isn't it exciting! :woohoo: I sure hope Chicago wins the bid.

Have fun this weekend.:cool1:

14 days and we will be checking in. I ordered Lei's from a company in Hawaii that will FedEX them out to be delivered on our day of arrival so I will let you know how that works out. Its a surprise for DW we honeymooned in Hawaii so I thought she would get a kick out of them.

What a sweet thing to do. Many, many years ago, the Polynesian gave out real leis at checkin......miss that.

Just got back from my first stay at the Poly. I hadn't planned on doing online check in because I had read on the boards that you probably would loose out on a possible upgrade. Then I decided to go ahead and do it since I thought only GV rooms were left after checking online. We got there at 7:30 am on 09/26 and went to the online check in desk. The CM said that he thought we were in the Hawaii bldg and we needed to check in there. I said no I don't think so we are GV not CL. He went to check and yes we had been upgraded to CL. I was in shock. So off we went to Hawaii to check in. The only snag we hit was the Concierge didn't activate the DLX Dining on our KTW so we ended up paying out of pocket for our lunch that day at Le Cellier. They did credit the amount back to the room. DH was a little upset, but got over it eventually. Our room was on the 2nd floor and had a GV. I didn't mind this since I only paid for GV, but now I had GV with amenities.

Good morning friends! Big day for us here in Chicago:banana: I think it would be cool.

I love Chicago, and wish it the best of luck with the Olympics. Having lived through the Atlanta Olympics, though, I don't know if you really do want it! It was a little bit of fun, and a WHOLE bunch of pain in the neck. :sad2:

I promised Breezy's Mom some photos, but by the time I got here - most views have already been posted. I will try not to repeat too much! I'll group them in 5s and come back and add any identifying info!

Pool "rules" since it seems people are always asking!
IMG_0395.jpg

Flora & fauna from the GCH:
IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Kids coloring/TV area in the GCH:

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

More flora:
IMG_0408.jpg

Hidden? Mickey in the floor of the GCH:
IMG_0423.jpg

Fireworks from the beach (sorry I'm no pro photographer!)
IMG_0359.jpg

This is the life, isn't it?
P6190111.jpg

More fireworks -
IMG_0345.jpg

Electrical Water Pageant from the beach:
IMG_0319.jpg

Chef Dick creating his masterpiece for the club level lounge and a shot of it in progress:
IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Hula lessons in the lobby:
IMG_0201_2.jpg

One more luau shot:
IMG_0134-1.jpg

Tiki guy!
IMG_0268.jpg

A few photos of the gingerbread creations made by the Poly staff at Christmas:

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Breezy's mom - feel free to use any of these in your FAQ posts, if you needed any!

first of all Vicki c...AWESOME pics! Thank you soooo much. Not just for the thread but for me....they are getting me so excited!

But I have to say..WHAAAAAAA! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

We got eliminated! What a shocker! :sad2:

Hey, what does everybody think of the touch screen ordering at Captain Cook's? I'm curious, cause I can't find much mention of it. What's the general opinion off CC's? We'll be traveling with a toddler and likely eat there a lot.

first of all Vicki c...AWESOME pics! Thank you soooo much. Not just for the thread but for me....they are getting me so excited!

But I have to say..WHAAAAAAA! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

We got eliminated! What a shcoker! :sad2:

I just saw that on TV a few minutes ago - sorry, that's a bummer!

Fab pics Vicki_C! Thanks for sharing! We leave three weeks from today ... getting soooo excited! :banana:

Hey, what does everybody think of the touch screen ordering at Captain Cook's? I'm curious, cause I can't find much mention of it. What's the general opinion off CC's? We'll be traveling with a toddler and likely eat there a lot.

No problem with the touch screen ordering at cpt. cooks or the food there. Everything we've ever ordered has been fine.

In fact, the last time we were there in May, a man struck up a conversation with me while we were waiting for our orders to come up. He told me that he worked at the wedding pavillion (next door) and "they" come over to the Poly to eat at CCs at least once a week! So it must be pretty good, if the employees even eat there!

Got back from the a week's stay at the Poly on Sunday. We had breakfast at CC's every morning of our stay and after we learned the ropes, had no problems with the touch screen ordering (get your ticket out of the touch screen machine and then go pay so you get your pager).
However, was not all that impressed with CC's in general. Food was OK but not a large selection and tables can be difficult to find at times.
Would not put this location near the top of the list in comparison to other resorts we have stayed at.

I really like Cap'n Cooks. I LOVE Mickey Waffles (with Bacon!) in the mornings. The kids breakfasts are great! They get scrambled eggs, fruit, and milk and it is a great way to start the day (and a good deal too). I like their meals too (yummy grown up grilled cheese & unique 'chips' from different root veggies/potatoes).

I like the touch screen a lot because you get to pick what you want and make changes if you want. Just be careful because I've clicked cancel before thinking I was going back a screen and I got rid of my whole order. It was totally my fault for not paying attention - but just be aware!

We enjoy CC's, touch screen worked well. You can't beat a self-serve Dole Whip! DH had an island pork sandwich and enjoyed it, I had a lo mein or stir-fry noodle dish that was very tasty, just a bit too salty.

So, I've been teetering on the edge about our upcoming Dec. 2010 tripto stay at a value resort...after reading this thread, I don't think I can stay anywhere else!!!

Aloha!

What a great thread with lots of beautiful pictures! I recently changed from the CR to the Poly, and decided to splurge and book lagoon view CL with the 4/3 deal! Don't know how I'll afford it, but will worry about that later!

I have never stayed concierge, and was hoping for some tips. I saw the times and food offerings, the pics of food and the view from the lounge, etc, but not really sure about everything else that goes on. What other amenities do you get at CL? We'll be arriving around six pm...when we get off the ME, do we tell someone we're staying CL? During our last visit, I saw people go by on golf carts and was wondering if that was for CL guests. Do we go straight to Hawaii to check in? How and when do you get in touch with concierge services before your trip to make ADRs? I read about an animal excursion you can take...what exactly is that? Do you tip concierge CMs? If so, when, and how much? And probably the most important question of all: Views. I decided on lagoon view, and was wondering if there are any views on the lagoon side of Hawaii that you can't see anything but trees or shrubs? Can you see the castle from all the rooms? And if you end up with a second floor room with no balcony, what is it like not having a balcony? Can you pull chairs up close to look out? Is it dangerous for children? I can't picture what the room is like with sliding doors that open but no balcony.

Sorry about all the questions, I'm sure I will have a ton more and look forward to learning as much as I can. TIA for all your help :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter