Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! Following last year's stay in a Value and this year's stay in a Moderate, I'm looking to go Deluxe next year! After an amazing meal in 'Ohana and a good nosy around, the Poly is a fierce contender! Please expect many more questions from me :-)flower3:), my first one is: do all rooms have a balcony and a sofa/couch?

:surfweb:
Most of the second floor rooms at Poly (with the exception of one longhouse) do not have balconies. But the second floor does have a sliding glass door with a railing type barrier infront of the doors. All of the third floors have walkout balconies and most, if not all first floors, have patios.
All of the rooms have a day bed and 2 queen beds. With the Tonga building (suites) being the exception

:surfweb:
Most of the second floor rooms at Poly (with the exception of one longhouse) do not have balconies. But the second floor does have a sliding glass door with a railing type barrier infront of the doors. All of the third floors have walkout balconies and most, if not all first floors, have patios.
All of the rooms have a day bed and 2 queen beds. With the Tonga building (suites) being the exception

Thanks! Do the rooms with proper balconies cost extra, or are you able to request them? :)

Thanks! Do the rooms with proper balconies cost extra, or are you able to request them? :)
Not to my knowledge, it doesn't cost extra to have a room with a proper balcony. You can try to request one of these rooms but there is no guarantee that you will get one. I know that they try to accommodate each person's requests but sometimes they cannot possibly do so. It wouldn't hurt to request one though, we did. :)

Tahiti is one of those longhouses with the real balcony.

Not to my knowledge, it doesn't cost extra to have a room with a proper balcony. You can try to request one of these rooms but there is no guarantee that you will get one. I know that they try to accommodate each person's requests but sometimes they cannot possibly do so. It wouldn't hurt to request one though, we did. :)

Tahiti is one of those longhouses with the real balcony.

Thanks! My request was honoured on my recent trip to CSR, so it is worth a try, as you say.

:confused3 When I made my reservation, I forgot to make a room request. Is there a place to add it online? Should I call back? Or wait till it get's closer. We are checking in February 9th.

Thanks for the help!

All three of the "newer" buildings have 2nd floor balconies. These are Tokelau, Tahiti and Rapa Nui. All 1st floor rooms have patios; some of the patios are "blocked in" by mature foliage (tropical shrubs), while others have open access to grassy areas. Most longhouses have mostly grassy areas, with the exception of Tuvalu, which has mostly shrubs, and Fiji, which is probably about 50/50. The patio itself is the same in every longhouse, but it can feel bigger if you have grassy area, or more private, if you have shrubs. If you want a slightly bigger room with either a patio or balcony, request one of the newer longhouses. We have requested "either a balcony or a patio" a few times and our request has been granted.

:confused3 When I made my reservation, I forgot to make a room request. Is there a place to add it online? Should I call back? Or wait till it get's closer. We are checking in February 9th.

Thanks for the help!

I would call back and have it noted on the original reservation. From what I understand, they try to accommodate requests that are on reservations, but they ignore faxes that are sent later.

I would call back and have it noted on the original reservation. From what I understand, they try to accommodate requests that are on reservations, but they ignore faxes that are sent later.

Thanks for the quick response!!:thumbsup2

I'm on hold right now!! I really want 3rd floor Rapa Nui!! Before I finished typing this, excellent CM Sullivan typed the request into our ressie! Now here's hoping it will be honored when we check in. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

All three of the "newer" buildings have 2nd floor balconies. These are Tokelau, Tahiti and Rapa Nui. All 1st floor rooms have patios; some of the patios are "blocked in" by mature foliage (tropical shrubs), while others have open access to grassy areas. Most longhouses have mostly grassy areas, with the exception of Tuvalu, which has mostly shrubs, and Fiji, which is probably about 50/50. The patio itself is the same in every longhouse, but it can feel bigger if you have grassy area, or more private, if you have shrubs. If you want a slightly bigger room with either a patio or balcony, request one of the newer longhouses. We have requested "either a balcony or a patio" a few times and our request has been granted.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for that, very insightful. Sounds like there are lots of great options at the Poly!

In April I faxed our room request for an upgrade for our honeymoon. they were most accomodating. And yes Tahiti second floor has full balconies. That's where we were located.

Wow Breezysmom! Thank you so much. I just logged on to put a poll out there what people thought of the Poly but now didn't have to! I just booked February there and was unsure because I didn't know anyone who had stayed at the Poly. We have stayed at POFQ and Beach Club. Now really looking forward to Poly February 2010!!

I am going to the Poly in 14 days!!! I can't wait! I am wondering if the refillable mugs can be filled at the Kona Island cafe (with "real" coffee)? Or can you only fill them at Capt Cook's?

They will fill your refillable mug with real coffee but won't do it for free. I'll be there in 15 days see you around the garden paths. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the quick reply! How much do they charge to fill your mug? Same as buying it outright? Is the mug worth it if I only want coffee?

I am so excited to go! I haven't been to the Poly since my first trip to WDW, a very long time ago! (Let's put it this way: There were only 2 hotels at WDW then! And only 1 park!)

Thanks for the quick reply! How much do they charge to fill your mug? Same as buying it outright? Is the mug worth it if I only want coffee?

I am so excited to go! I haven't been to the Poly since my first trip to WDW, a very long time ago! (Let's put it this way: There were only 2 hotels at WDW then! And only 1 park!)

Wow that is a long time. I took my first trip down in 1974 so I know what it was like back then alot has changed but the Magic remains.

As far as the Mugs go if you are only going to get it for coffee and want the real coffee you would be better off just going up and getting your paper cup from them every morning.

OIC, thanx :)

Does anyone have a pic of the refillable mugs at Poly for this year?

This is the Mug at all the resorts the only diiference is they have different color handles but just so you can tell yours apart from another family members.

hallofpresidents014a.jpg

Thanx for that.

We have already decided, DF is having the one with the Black lid and I am having the one with the Red :cool1:

Good morning friends! Big day for us here in Chicago:banana: I think it would be cool.

I am heading to the Lake house this weekend so I will keep working on the reviews and FAQ page when I can.

Thanks to all the people that just returned for the reviews! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter